All Comments on 'Born on XXXMas Day: Shelly'

by Hypoxia

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
simply junk

Simply junk is the easiest way to discribe this poorly written mess. All the frequent and over use of "word -- word," and "..." are improper if not bad grammar. Then doesn't know the basic proper medical terms for human anatomy like "aureola" which should be "areola/areolas/areolae" adds more proof the story is junk.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
poor annoyingmousie...

....the pathetic creature must be an English Major General! Forced! Forced I tell you! Too read porn that is not up to the dear little analmousie's lofty standards.

From years of experience, I can assure you, if you have ever been required to attend any conference, symposium, professional or social gathering for the English Department of an institution of higher learning.

You would learn the reason colleges and universities earn the designation of 'higher'. Is that the attendees, administrative and instructional, with and without tenure, can be categorized into three groupings.

Drunks, Potheads and Senile Drunken Potheads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WTF?

Don't really get the previous two comments... some context would be helpful, if I really cared.

As for the story... I liked it. Not your best, but better than most. Ending was kind of weak. Why all the angst over a misplaced birth date? I just didn't buy that. I thought the anonymous sex scene was cleverly conceived. 4 stars, but not a real boner-inducer.

CaveCat12401CaveCat12401over 9 years ago
Morons!

I love the critics who complain about bad grammar while writing a barely intelligible critique.

HypoxiaHypoxiaover 9 years agoAuthor
Author's comment:

The story is based on my XMas-baby grandmother. No, it's not my fave ending. This started off as one of four BORN ON XXXMAS DAY episodes that could have stretched to separate stories. I shitcanned two of them and put off the third till next year 'cause it just didn't feel right. With SHELLY, I quickly wrote all the way to the morning after, then got sort of stuck. I'd thought to insert a gratuitous fuckfest with 2-3 guys joining in, but that just seemed so... mechanical... and not at all twisted. I felt a twist was needed, so that's how it ended.

BTW Shelly and her friends and the setting are real. Well, I invented Zhou's Market, but everything and everyone else are actualities.

As for the grammar: it's in the speech+thought patterns. Written Anglish should be fairly formal; spoken Anglish is slangy, ungrammatical, broken, and filled with pauses represented by ellipses and m-dashes. Grammar nazis focusing on speech+thought faults have way too much time on their hands.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHypoxia@Hypoxia
937 Followers
I started out as a child. It's all been downhill from there. Will it be an uphill battle to become childish again? *** I have various home bases, all in high mountain towns not too far from the Pacific coast of the Americas. At any given moment, I'm probably somewhere b...