All Comments on 'Born that Way'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 169 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

no revenge? at all? fuck that! waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
lordslammdawg said it best

This one sent him straight to the land of Nod

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
Second time through

Truly miss FM. One of LE best writers.

mower9527mower9527over 6 years ago
Good story bro, tell it some more!

Great story, excellent character development. I could kind of tell where this was going early on but really enjoyed the ride. Should be a sequel - I want to know what happens next! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Schizophrenic?

Raised in Kansas so intrigued with the NYC scenes and culture as if a foreign excursion. Loved that.

Her comment at her parents' place that she did what she wanted, showed she was not marriage material.

The two gay roommates were painted as quirky, lovable characters. Loved that.

On the other hand if the title is correct then murderers and pedophiles are born that way. Do those two contrasting statements make me schizophrenic?

Commenters are right -- humiliation at the statue was not enough. The bystanders did not know her. I approve digdaddyrich's idea that she and daddy watch CD together as part of settlement. Let him be appalled at his naked slut daughter. Let her be embarrassed and humiliated in front of someone important to her. That addition and him being in a meaningful relationship by the end might have turned it into 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
Great story, even though it's a sad tale...

So well written, I really miss your writing FM. Thanks.

fairway9fairway9about 6 years ago
Just great

I loved it. Keep writing, you have that gift.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Well I knew

the marriage wasn't going to work out but I had no idea where the rest of it was going. Good yarn. Thanks.

Takeaway: As a girl explained to me in 1971, you can be happy with a girl who grew up beautiful and you can be happy with a girl who grew up rich. Being happy with a beauty who grew up rich is long odds proposition.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Sad

Great, sad story. It was.long enough to get really invested in, she was a shallow, underprivileged bitch. Nashville will be good for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Beth

Ok what was Beth's deal. Did she have a secret love for a guy???

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 5 years ago
Missed the target

Well written, good dialog. But it didn't get a wiggle on the Probability Meter. The story line is just too far fetched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
THE ANONYMOUS OF 12-18-15

...deserves kudos for his interesting biographical sketch. Had the intriguing turn of keeping updated and informed through Karen. Then the clever deception of borrowing his neighbor' pregnant wife. Concluding with his satisfying life turnaround.

Anonymous 12-18-15 gave us a "comment" better than MANY Literotica stories (no bad reflection on the present story). I hope he someday reads this thank you.

Paul in Oklahoma

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 5 years ago
Can't always get revenge

I liked the story, except for the preposterous part about the divorce settlement. The story simply leaves a false impression of divorce, which is only magnified by comment from others about revenge. In a divorce, only community property is divided between the spouses, while each spouse keeps his or her separate property. The marriage here was only one year and it did not look like there was any community property to share. NO - he has no claim to her father's property. In fact, husband was lucky that he got his rings back, because they were gifts to her and her personal separate property. Stories would be better if they were based on real or, at least, plausible life.

calibammacalibammaover 4 years ago
No payback

Few stars ⭐️ because you let dude go out like a punk and the whore go out like what she did was ok. Well don’t that sound just like keep wicked America horrible and evil just like it is and that ok for the filthy rich? Oh and keep women Libs alive!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
2nd read

Still an interesting 5 star story.

Paul in Oklahoma

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Sad really

5 stars because it was a very interesting story but you let them get off with nothing bad happening. Should really be 3 stars but it was a very good story.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Yes!

I love it that you write stories which are more complex and in-depth than the usual fare in the loving wives category. I certainly will go back and read your previous submissions. Thanks for sharing. Top marks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
if only it wasnt so depressing

Would have been a great story but no vengence, no happy ending and no regret on the part of Susan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Seems ridiculous that he would have to pay 60% of the rent, when there's three people living there. They are basically taking advantage of him with that split.

40% would be a lot more realistic.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 4 years ago
It needs a better ending.

Downer ending, makes the story feel a bit pointless and incomplete, the shoutout to the title, pretty trite.

I was surprised that nothing happened with Beth, especially after the kiss. This story needs a real ending, or maybe a second chapter to flesh it out.

As it stands, it's not a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Meh

Too much of a downer

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
Great story, dry, boring, disappointing ending...

Generally I'm a big fan of FrancisMacomber's stories. They're skillfully planned out, technically well written, interesting and emotionally engaging, and generally cathartic. If I had a complaint it's that they have a tendency to leave final details unsaid after making a point, which leaves the endings feeling kind of flat. This is very evident in the Miz Sara series where the occurrences after the case is solved and the divorce or reconciliation happen are left untold, though there may be a brief mention of the characters in the following story. Yes, I'm the type of reader who enjoys being told what happened in the end. It gives me a sense of closure and a good feeling to know what occurred to the characters I became so involved with, either good or bad.

Sadly, that's my major beef with this particular story. Frankly, the ending sucked. Hard. So did the beginning, really, in that it made Pete's date seem like a typical, closed-minded, bigot. The major complaint about this story is it really has no ending. It's essentially a vignette about a dumb ass, naive shlub who moves to N.Y.C., gets led around by the nose, makes really predictable, stupid errors, both practically and judgmentally, then blames the city and society rather than himself. While this is fine in the sense that Pete was a likable guy and started out a decent character even if his mistakes and sheer blindness are cringe-worthy, it makes the ending that much more disappointing. The only conclusion the story has is that Pete will always be a southern boy, his whole time in N.Y.C. was a disappointment due to his ONE failed relationship, and he didn't really learn much.

The biggest issue was that we're not given a preview into any future happiness Pete may have found, followed closely by how disappointing his attitude is towards New York and the people he knew there, namely Mickey and Beth. Those two people were, plainly said, pure gold as friends. Wise, supportive, kind, compassionate, helpful, that pair did everything they could to help Pete out, both in planning his romance and getting satisfying revenge once it was found out Susan was a disgusting slut. They were amazing to him and clearly hoped their friendship with him wouldn't end even though he moved down south. So, when his date makes a disparaging comment about the female impersonator does Pete stand up in defense of them? Does he relate to her the story of his very good friend who treated him so kindly, eased his path into New York society and showed how fun his lifestyle was? Does he talk about the lesbian who grew to care deeply for him, helped him become a more desirable date, and cried for him when he was hurt so badly? Nope. "Maybe they were born that way." Really? That's all your going to say to your clearly closed-minded date? Instead of thinking about your good friends all you think about was the high-maintenance tramp you married? In an instant Pete was no longer a likable character.

I'm not personally a homosexual, nor do I hang out with flamboyant impersonators or really have a deep understanding of the culture. What I do have is a good sense and recognition of what a good friend is. Mickey and Beth are great friends. Pete is not.

Needless to say, this ending was incredibly disappointing to me. Not only was there no satisfactory conclusion in which a new love is introduced for Pete (or Mickey or Beth) but Pete is shown as being an unappreciative, thoughtless individual. He licks his wounds and settles into his life in old familiar Nashville and feels nothing but bitterness towards his past in the north, showing that he learned nothing there. When Beth was cold to Susan and later cried and kissed Pete when he was leaving I almost thought maybe she had bi tendencies and had developed a crush on him. Nope, not even that. No mention is made of Pete staying in contact with his old friends, he shows no appreciation or affectionate tolerance of their lifestyles, and he displays nothing but resentment towards his years in N.Y.C. No, there's no hint of disparagement towards his old friends. What's left unsaid speaks volumes, though. He doesn't think of anything but Susan and his very, very predictable failed marriage to her.

Despite the high ratings, I just can't like this story. It was well written but just lacked heart in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Huh Dad attorney constitutional law and both parents killed

Insurance? And other stuff he should have been loaded

Unless you are saying parents had no thought for future but contradictory to Good attorney

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

I have to go back to an old comment I made here:

"And I know it's a cliche on LW, but I'd like to see an epilog where she winds up lonely and alone, with even Missy and Briana moving on to happy marriages!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hmmm...

Very well written, but booooring.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

The cheating slut got off way to easy. He should have milked it for everything he could get.

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

We all knew what was coming from page 2 of the story. Susan was going to screw Peter. The only questions were how she would do it and how he would respond. Up to the point of Peter's discovery of her cheating, I was enjoying the story.

Contrary to most readers, I found the ending unsatisfying simply because the Columbus Circle show seemed forced and implausible and the private talk at the final divorce meeting inane.

Why would Peter want to know all the gory details of this totally self absorbed, despicable human being's betrayal and humiliation of him? Is he a closet masochist? Was he looking for an apology that would never be uttered from her lips or maybe an admission that what she did was wrong from a woman with no moral compass?

The meeting served no purpose other than provide detail of just how big a slut she is. And Peter already knew the magnitude of her betrayal from the DVD that Beth watched because he couldn't bear to view it.

Could have been a 5 but missed the mark.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 3 years ago

Over all, a very good, somewhat predictable story. If I were the writer, once he discovered she renewed her membership to EyeContact, and was receiving and making plans to meet other men, I would have had Peter rejoin also, and then, most likely, EyeContact would have included Peter's profile in the group sent to Susan. If that had happened, it would have been interesting, to say the least in seeing what her reaction would be. I found the end kind of silly, and contrived. Doing that in public at Columbus Circle was kind of hard to believe. Also, I would have liked to see more drama at the lawyers office at the end. Oh, I would also have liked him to include the DVD when he confronted her finally.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Again

Disliked Susan even more on the second read. She was nothing more than an empty, entitled whore that he should have burned to a cinder. Good story.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Sorry

Sorry,but Susan deserved some real punishment,along with her father.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Very well written

Very entertaining story. Thank you

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

I would have made Walter pay for Susan's cheating

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of your best works!! Easy 5*

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Susan. Gets off with a free ride..: that’s just WRONG!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story sucked! Bad enough his ex gets away with cheating, but there's no real regret on her part or her GFs. They just keep at it. How about adding some sort of karmic event(s)? How about some payback? How about a decent ending? Even worse, given the disappointment, why did it have to be so long?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The most unconventional five star story here.

Bill S.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 2 years ago

Somewhat unusual for FM. Typically an FM female antagonist gets off with minimal discomfort no matter how vile the behavior. Male antagonists end up dead, bloodied, jailed, homeless and bankrupt. But I guess there were so many of them in this story it wasn't feasible.

I guess knowing typical FM storylines, I realized half through this story it would simply fizzle out with most readers unsatisfied. It did for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wish there was more about his new life in Nashville. Did he find happiness? Love? I understand this is an LW story but I wish we'd seen the MC happy at the end. Perhaps with Mickey and Beth visiting as he has settled down and had kids with a nice Nashville woman.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

That was an amazing journey but I fully expext Chapter 2.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Different, but I liked it.

fifteen16fifteen16about 2 years ago

Great story as always , enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story more than just sex

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Having the main character Peter take the "high road" with Susan and her father Walter just confirms with them that Peter has no problem with letting other people fuck him over.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
How

How come he was struggling in New York,what happened to the money from the sale of his parents house and the insurance settlement.?

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

There’s a continuity error when the detective agency confirms the cheating. In NYC there was only one day, but in Boston there were two days.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

A lot of people have pointed out the poverty aspect. Another plot hole is the divorce discussion. The parents may be filthy rich, but she personally wouldn’t have had a ton of assets to go after in a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Agree with @Nitpic. After settling the parents' estate, unless they gave all the money away in their wills, there should have been enough for something better in NYC. Also, I'm a bit rusty, but I am pretty sure it is unethical for an attorney to do a divorce on a contingent-fee basis. They charge a straight hourly rate. Also, if she's an investment banker, she probably earns way more than he does. He should have soaked her.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Thoroughly enjoyed the read. Thanks

SouthdownSouthdownalmost 2 years ago
New York Divorce

I agree with the 'Anon' comment... she's an investment banker, she probably earns way more than he does. He should have soaked her. It's only fair as the cheating bitches get their pound of flesh irrespective how big of a slut or whore they are! Good stor, I enjoyed it. I was expecting the boyfriend in Boston but the rest was good. Thank You 5*****

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

C'mon, if you can't enjoy using a flash mob to confront and serve a cheating spouse you just don't have a sense of humor!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Sorry I missed this one!

5

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

A bit too sad for my taste, the MC was too upright as well. I’d have taken the bitch and Daddy down a peg too, would not have bothered me one iota.

4/5

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Sorry for all of you who seem to be making this guy into something he's not which is an actual Male. His whole persona, reactions and attitude is just so wimpy it's actually really annoying. To be honest I'm surprised he didn't go for being cuckolded maybe he should just accept he was born that way😂

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Best short story writer on Literotica ...

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

Brilliant yarn. 5 stars. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

They really had nothing in common except the sex. Susan was clearly a shallow, self-centered person. No way the marriage would last.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, 2 people met and married but in real life had nothing in common. Nicely written but sad.

katibkatibover 1 year ago

Captivating story by a very good writer. Thank you, FM

RileyKingRileyKingover 1 year ago

Enjoyed this one very much. Would have preferred the miss-keteers get their comeuppance though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well written but no ending. If I wanted real life where the cheating ex-spouse is rewarded for cheating and continues on, I would just look in the mirror. We read these stories to hopefully see justice triumph occasionally. LM

ComefindmeComefindmeabout 1 year ago

Rang a little hollow in the second half, built up so much in the first part that it makes the ending feel rushed and empty.

Still a good read, but leaves you wanting.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter8 months ago

I liked it. More realistic than many might believe. No big revenge, no justice. No remorse on the part of the cheater. Close the door and walk away, don’t overthink it, don’t try to fix it. She was a slut who fooled him for a while. He got to be happy for a while and then paid the bill that came due from marrying a woman he really didn’t know. The clues were there from when he went to first meet her parents. She was a spoilt bitch, but he couldn’t see it.

Just_GymJust_Gym8 months ago

I can't get to sorry for the MC. Susan told her who she was early on, a spoiled girl who always got her way.

And I don't understand the comments that he was a wimp. He suspects she's cheating Wednesday, hires a detective that day, only waits until Sunday to have her served so that he can inflict maximum embarrassment then divorces her and moves on. His revenge is to not care enough to seek revenge. And not care enough to try to take anything of her in the divorce. Perfect.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt6 months ago

Good story and flow, would prefer to see the musketeers get a bit more cumuppance. Seems like he bore the brunt of the pain and results whilectheyvgotvoff completely free!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So where is the rest of it? This writer constantly writes stories that just end without any clear resolution. They feel like the ramblings of someone with adhd that just got bored and moved on to something else, or maybe it completion phobia.

In stories like this it's necessary that the main protagonists meet up many years later and the offending party actually recognises their mistake. Talking of which, that marriage being only a year long could have been dissolved as if it never happened. No need for a divorce.

As with many of this writers stories we never get a sense of real regret, neither party seems to learn or change from the experience and the offender always gets off lightly with a few excuses. Not really LW material.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The true end to this tales should be 10 years later as the MC visits NY with his wife and child he meets Susan and finds out that her and the other two miss-keteers have aids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

No, they weren’t.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Who couldn't see that coming from miles and miles away? Admittedly, not that she was using the dating site, but that she was fucking around in Boston, heck yes.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous