All Comments on 'Born that Way'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 169 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Who couldn't see that coming from miles and miles away? Admittedly, not that she was using the dating site, but that she was fucking around in Boston, heck yes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

No, they weren’t.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The true end to this tales should be 10 years later as the MC visits NY with his wife and child he meets Susan and finds out that her and the other two miss-keteers have aids.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So where is the rest of it? This writer constantly writes stories that just end without any clear resolution. They feel like the ramblings of someone with adhd that just got bored and moved on to something else, or maybe it completion phobia.

In stories like this it's necessary that the main protagonists meet up many years later and the offending party actually recognises their mistake. Talking of which, that marriage being only a year long could have been dissolved as if it never happened. No need for a divorce.

As with many of this writers stories we never get a sense of real regret, neither party seems to learn or change from the experience and the offender always gets off lightly with a few excuses. Not really LW material.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt6 months ago

Good story and flow, would prefer to see the musketeers get a bit more cumuppance. Seems like he bore the brunt of the pain and results whilectheyvgotvoff completely free!!

Just_GymJust_Gym8 months ago

I can't get to sorry for the MC. Susan told her who she was early on, a spoiled girl who always got her way.

And I don't understand the comments that he was a wimp. He suspects she's cheating Wednesday, hires a detective that day, only waits until Sunday to have her served so that he can inflict maximum embarrassment then divorces her and moves on. His revenge is to not care enough to seek revenge. And not care enough to try to take anything of her in the divorce. Perfect.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter8 months ago

I liked it. More realistic than many might believe. No big revenge, no justice. No remorse on the part of the cheater. Close the door and walk away, don’t overthink it, don’t try to fix it. She was a slut who fooled him for a while. He got to be happy for a while and then paid the bill that came due from marrying a woman he really didn’t know. The clues were there from when he went to first meet her parents. She was a spoilt bitch, but he couldn’t see it.

ComefindmeComefindmeabout 1 year ago

Rang a little hollow in the second half, built up so much in the first part that it makes the ending feel rushed and empty.

Still a good read, but leaves you wanting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well written but no ending. If I wanted real life where the cheating ex-spouse is rewarded for cheating and continues on, I would just look in the mirror. We read these stories to hopefully see justice triumph occasionally. LM

RileyKingRileyKingover 1 year ago

Enjoyed this one very much. Would have preferred the miss-keteers get their comeuppance though.

katibkatibover 1 year ago

Captivating story by a very good writer. Thank you, FM

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, 2 people met and married but in real life had nothing in common. Nicely written but sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

They really had nothing in common except the sex. Susan was clearly a shallow, self-centered person. No way the marriage would last.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

Brilliant yarn. 5 stars. Thanks for sharing.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Best short story writer on Literotica ...

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Sorry for all of you who seem to be making this guy into something he's not which is an actual Male. His whole persona, reactions and attitude is just so wimpy it's actually really annoying. To be honest I'm surprised he didn't go for being cuckolded maybe he should just accept he was born that way😂

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

A bit too sad for my taste, the MC was too upright as well. I’d have taken the bitch and Daddy down a peg too, would not have bothered me one iota.

4/5

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Sorry I missed this one!

5

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

C'mon, if you can't enjoy using a flash mob to confront and serve a cheating spouse you just don't have a sense of humor!

SouthdownSouthdownalmost 2 years ago
New York Divorce

I agree with the 'Anon' comment... she's an investment banker, she probably earns way more than he does. He should have soaked her. It's only fair as the cheating bitches get their pound of flesh irrespective how big of a slut or whore they are! Good stor, I enjoyed it. I was expecting the boyfriend in Boston but the rest was good. Thank You 5*****

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Thoroughly enjoyed the read. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Agree with @Nitpic. After settling the parents' estate, unless they gave all the money away in their wills, there should have been enough for something better in NYC. Also, I'm a bit rusty, but I am pretty sure it is unethical for an attorney to do a divorce on a contingent-fee basis. They charge a straight hourly rate. Also, if she's an investment banker, she probably earns way more than he does. He should have soaked her.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

A lot of people have pointed out the poverty aspect. Another plot hole is the divorce discussion. The parents may be filthy rich, but she personally wouldn’t have had a ton of assets to go after in a divorce.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

There’s a continuity error when the detective agency confirms the cheating. In NYC there was only one day, but in Boston there were two days.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
How

How come he was struggling in New York,what happened to the money from the sale of his parents house and the insurance settlement.?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Having the main character Peter take the "high road" with Susan and her father Walter just confirms with them that Peter has no problem with letting other people fuck him over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story more than just sex

fifteen16fifteen16about 2 years ago

Great story as always , enjoyed the read.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Different, but I liked it.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

That was an amazing journey but I fully expext Chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wish there was more about his new life in Nashville. Did he find happiness? Love? I understand this is an LW story but I wish we'd seen the MC happy at the end. Perhaps with Mickey and Beth visiting as he has settled down and had kids with a nice Nashville woman.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 2 years ago

Somewhat unusual for FM. Typically an FM female antagonist gets off with minimal discomfort no matter how vile the behavior. Male antagonists end up dead, bloodied, jailed, homeless and bankrupt. But I guess there were so many of them in this story it wasn't feasible.

I guess knowing typical FM storylines, I realized half through this story it would simply fizzle out with most readers unsatisfied. It did for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The most unconventional five star story here.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story sucked! Bad enough his ex gets away with cheating, but there's no real regret on her part or her GFs. They just keep at it. How about adding some sort of karmic event(s)? How about some payback? How about a decent ending? Even worse, given the disappointment, why did it have to be so long?

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Susan. Gets off with a free ride..: that’s just WRONG!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of your best works!! Easy 5*

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

I would have made Walter pay for Susan's cheating

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Very well written

Very entertaining story. Thank you

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Sorry

Sorry,but Susan deserved some real punishment,along with her father.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Again

Disliked Susan even more on the second read. She was nothing more than an empty, entitled whore that he should have burned to a cinder. Good story.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 3 years ago

Over all, a very good, somewhat predictable story. If I were the writer, once he discovered she renewed her membership to EyeContact, and was receiving and making plans to meet other men, I would have had Peter rejoin also, and then, most likely, EyeContact would have included Peter's profile in the group sent to Susan. If that had happened, it would have been interesting, to say the least in seeing what her reaction would be. I found the end kind of silly, and contrived. Doing that in public at Columbus Circle was kind of hard to believe. Also, I would have liked to see more drama at the lawyers office at the end. Oh, I would also have liked him to include the DVD when he confronted her finally.

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

We all knew what was coming from page 2 of the story. Susan was going to screw Peter. The only questions were how she would do it and how he would respond. Up to the point of Peter's discovery of her cheating, I was enjoying the story.

Contrary to most readers, I found the ending unsatisfying simply because the Columbus Circle show seemed forced and implausible and the private talk at the final divorce meeting inane.

Why would Peter want to know all the gory details of this totally self absorbed, despicable human being's betrayal and humiliation of him? Is he a closet masochist? Was he looking for an apology that would never be uttered from her lips or maybe an admission that what she did was wrong from a woman with no moral compass?

The meeting served no purpose other than provide detail of just how big a slut she is. And Peter already knew the magnitude of her betrayal from the DVD that Beth watched because he couldn't bear to view it.

Could have been a 5 but missed the mark.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

The cheating slut got off way to easy. He should have milked it for everything he could get.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hmmm...

Very well written, but booooring.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

I have to go back to an old comment I made here:

"And I know it's a cliche on LW, but I'd like to see an epilog where she winds up lonely and alone, with even Missy and Briana moving on to happy marriages!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Huh Dad attorney constitutional law and both parents killed

Insurance? And other stuff he should have been loaded

Unless you are saying parents had no thought for future but contradictory to Good attorney

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
Great story, dry, boring, disappointing ending...

Generally I'm a big fan of FrancisMacomber's stories. They're skillfully planned out, technically well written, interesting and emotionally engaging, and generally cathartic. If I had a complaint it's that they have a tendency to leave final details unsaid after making a point, which leaves the endings feeling kind of flat. This is very evident in the Miz Sara series where the occurrences after the case is solved and the divorce or reconciliation happen are left untold, though there may be a brief mention of the characters in the following story. Yes, I'm the type of reader who enjoys being told what happened in the end. It gives me a sense of closure and a good feeling to know what occurred to the characters I became so involved with, either good or bad.

Sadly, that's my major beef with this particular story. Frankly, the ending sucked. Hard. So did the beginning, really, in that it made Pete's date seem like a typical, closed-minded, bigot. The major complaint about this story is it really has no ending. It's essentially a vignette about a dumb ass, naive shlub who moves to N.Y.C., gets led around by the nose, makes really predictable, stupid errors, both practically and judgmentally, then blames the city and society rather than himself. While this is fine in the sense that Pete was a likable guy and started out a decent character even if his mistakes and sheer blindness are cringe-worthy, it makes the ending that much more disappointing. The only conclusion the story has is that Pete will always be a southern boy, his whole time in N.Y.C. was a disappointment due to his ONE failed relationship, and he didn't really learn much.

The biggest issue was that we're not given a preview into any future happiness Pete may have found, followed closely by how disappointing his attitude is towards New York and the people he knew there, namely Mickey and Beth. Those two people were, plainly said, pure gold as friends. Wise, supportive, kind, compassionate, helpful, that pair did everything they could to help Pete out, both in planning his romance and getting satisfying revenge once it was found out Susan was a disgusting slut. They were amazing to him and clearly hoped their friendship with him wouldn't end even though he moved down south. So, when his date makes a disparaging comment about the female impersonator does Pete stand up in defense of them? Does he relate to her the story of his very good friend who treated him so kindly, eased his path into New York society and showed how fun his lifestyle was? Does he talk about the lesbian who grew to care deeply for him, helped him become a more desirable date, and cried for him when he was hurt so badly? Nope. "Maybe they were born that way." Really? That's all your going to say to your clearly closed-minded date? Instead of thinking about your good friends all you think about was the high-maintenance tramp you married? In an instant Pete was no longer a likable character.

I'm not personally a homosexual, nor do I hang out with flamboyant impersonators or really have a deep understanding of the culture. What I do have is a good sense and recognition of what a good friend is. Mickey and Beth are great friends. Pete is not.

Needless to say, this ending was incredibly disappointing to me. Not only was there no satisfactory conclusion in which a new love is introduced for Pete (or Mickey or Beth) but Pete is shown as being an unappreciative, thoughtless individual. He licks his wounds and settles into his life in old familiar Nashville and feels nothing but bitterness towards his past in the north, showing that he learned nothing there. When Beth was cold to Susan and later cried and kissed Pete when he was leaving I almost thought maybe she had bi tendencies and had developed a crush on him. Nope, not even that. No mention is made of Pete staying in contact with his old friends, he shows no appreciation or affectionate tolerance of their lifestyles, and he displays nothing but resentment towards his years in N.Y.C. No, there's no hint of disparagement towards his old friends. What's left unsaid speaks volumes, though. He doesn't think of anything but Susan and his very, very predictable failed marriage to her.

Despite the high ratings, I just can't like this story. It was well written but just lacked heart in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Meh

Too much of a downer

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 4 years ago
It needs a better ending.

Downer ending, makes the story feel a bit pointless and incomplete, the shoutout to the title, pretty trite.

I was surprised that nothing happened with Beth, especially after the kiss. This story needs a real ending, or maybe a second chapter to flesh it out.

As it stands, it's not a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Seems ridiculous that he would have to pay 60% of the rent, when there's three people living there. They are basically taking advantage of him with that split.

40% would be a lot more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
if only it wasnt so depressing

Would have been a great story but no vengence, no happy ending and no regret on the part of Susan.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Yes!

I love it that you write stories which are more complex and in-depth than the usual fare in the loving wives category. I certainly will go back and read your previous submissions. Thanks for sharing. Top marks.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Sad really

5 stars because it was a very interesting story but you let them get off with nothing bad happening. Should really be 3 stars but it was a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
2nd read

Still an interesting 5 star story.

Paul in Oklahoma

calibammacalibammaover 4 years ago
No payback

Few stars ⭐️ because you let dude go out like a punk and the whore go out like what she did was ok. Well don’t that sound just like keep wicked America horrible and evil just like it is and that ok for the filthy rich? Oh and keep women Libs alive!

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 5 years ago
Can't always get revenge

I liked the story, except for the preposterous part about the divorce settlement. The story simply leaves a false impression of divorce, which is only magnified by comment from others about revenge. In a divorce, only community property is divided between the spouses, while each spouse keeps his or her separate property. The marriage here was only one year and it did not look like there was any community property to share. NO - he has no claim to her father's property. In fact, husband was lucky that he got his rings back, because they were gifts to her and her personal separate property. Stories would be better if they were based on real or, at least, plausible life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
THE ANONYMOUS OF 12-18-15

...deserves kudos for his interesting biographical sketch. Had the intriguing turn of keeping updated and informed through Karen. Then the clever deception of borrowing his neighbor' pregnant wife. Concluding with his satisfying life turnaround.

Anonymous 12-18-15 gave us a "comment" better than MANY Literotica stories (no bad reflection on the present story). I hope he someday reads this thank you.

Paul in Oklahoma

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 5 years ago
Missed the target

Well written, good dialog. But it didn't get a wiggle on the Probability Meter. The story line is just too far fetched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Beth

Ok what was Beth's deal. Did she have a secret love for a guy???

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Sad

Great, sad story. It was.long enough to get really invested in, she was a shallow, underprivileged bitch. Nashville will be good for him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Well I knew

the marriage wasn't going to work out but I had no idea where the rest of it was going. Good yarn. Thanks.

Takeaway: As a girl explained to me in 1971, you can be happy with a girl who grew up beautiful and you can be happy with a girl who grew up rich. Being happy with a beauty who grew up rich is long odds proposition.

fairway9fairway9about 6 years ago
Just great

I loved it. Keep writing, you have that gift.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
Great story, even though it's a sad tale...

So well written, I really miss your writing FM. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Schizophrenic?

Raised in Kansas so intrigued with the NYC scenes and culture as if a foreign excursion. Loved that.

Her comment at her parents' place that she did what she wanted, showed she was not marriage material.

The two gay roommates were painted as quirky, lovable characters. Loved that.

On the other hand if the title is correct then murderers and pedophiles are born that way. Do those two contrasting statements make me schizophrenic?

Commenters are right -- humiliation at the statue was not enough. The bystanders did not know her. I approve digdaddyrich's idea that she and daddy watch CD together as part of settlement. Let him be appalled at his naked slut daughter. Let her be embarrassed and humiliated in front of someone important to her. That addition and him being in a meaningful relationship by the end might have turned it into 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

mower9527mower9527over 6 years ago
Good story bro, tell it some more!

Great story, excellent character development. I could kind of tell where this was going early on but really enjoyed the ride. Should be a sequel - I want to know what happens next! Thanks!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
Second time through

Truly miss FM. One of LE best writers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
lordslammdawg said it best

This one sent him straight to the land of Nod

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

no revenge? at all? fuck that! waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Entertaining, well-written story

Loved the story. Loved Peter's connection with his roommates, which goes to show that people, however different they may seem, are just people.

Just a quibble, but I would have liked to have heard a little more explanation as to why Susan dated him for so long and eventually married him, given that she was addicted to first-time meetings with different men.

Also - as a response to all those folks who felt Peter should have gotten a big settlement from Susan's family - keep in mind that they were only married a year. In NY, "marital property" would basically only include that property acquired by the parties during the marriage. Peter would have absolutely no legal claim on the Devereaux family money. And, since he was the one who filed for (and wanted) the divorce, he wasn't in a position to extort money from them in exchange for agreeing to the divorce.

Again, good story. Thanks, FM.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Badly done but well written

Susan just walked away. Didn't feel like the right thing. The whole story was just uncomfortable. Nothing seemed to fit and that led to the story failing to entertain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
honor???

At very least give her father the video

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5*

This story was perfect. Revenge would be a waste of time. It wouldn't even touch her. Daddy would pay for his princess and she would learn nothing. 'Cause she was born (or raised) that way. He was well rid of her with his (Southern) honor intact. Perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good buttttttt

Story is well written and interesting plot but I'm sorry but Susan getting totally off - ain't right! No lessons learned, no morality, no real revenge, just a cuck escaping with pain. At least get him a $million to give daddy some pain and maybe then daddy will send her to a shrink; Susan remains in her spoiled rich-bitch syndrome.

wonder203wonder203over 7 years ago
5*

Great story. Loved the way he became so close to his roommates.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
lousy

the bitch didn't pay. fuck it.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
Susan will never be settled.

Another slice of someone's life. Interesting read.

I'm sure life will catch up with Susan soon enough, but then, she has daddy and his wealth and influence to fall back on, so she will still do ok ..... In her own way she was an addict and the excitement of first dates was her drug. I would have thought meeting a guy who tried so hard to make every occasion fresh and exciting would calm her down, but no.

How about that dvd ? I would have wanted to know what was on it, especially after Beth advised me not to view ! !

Good story .... 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
fuck this

Horrible ending. No revenge on the fucking slutty scumbag. 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
As usual, one of the best.

Thank you for your efforts, and thank God for giving you this talent and for allowing me the privilege to read your stories.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Love the ending with him just on a random date. You did well avoiding the formula tic ending where he finds Mrs. Right and lives happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I loved it

I went a different route, however. Once I found my wife of only 2 years who swore she was ready to start our family and made a big deal of flushing her birth control pills was cheating, I was done. There was no reason to ever see her again. My life was in ruin when I saw the pictures her old room mate gave me, I'd always liked Karen and she liked me. Having been married to a cheater, she didn't like what she found my wife was doing. My wife was obviously enjoying her ex-boyfriends cock in his back seat while he pounded his sperm into her.

Marybeth was at work when Karen stopped by. Before she came home, I had already blown the pictures up to 11x14", I'm a photographer, and hung them around the house we were in negotiations to buy. I packed up everything that was mine, stopped by the bank and took out one penny less than 50%, then drove away from my life. She could have everything. Marybeth made slightly more each year than I made and I left my lawyer with all the papers needed to handle things in my behalf. My company had a transfer available, although it wasn't for 45 days. I drove from Charlottesville to Denver and spent the 6 weeks searching for a new home.

Karen stayed in contact with me. It seemed Marybeth wasn't taking being left very well. She had been hospitalized, sent home, had a botched suicide attempt when the papers of dissolution were served to her, then hospitalized again. Marybeth swore she would find me and make it all good, refusing to sign the papers. She was advised by everyone to sign, but repeatedly refused. I had stopped the home negotiations and the owner had another interested party so I advised him to go ahead with them. Because of that, Marybeth was evicted from what she thought would be our dream home, moving back in with her parents.

She found me but thankfully it took 14 months before showing up on my doorstep. My neighbors turned out to be wonderful folks and they were just little older than me. Jonna was 7 months pregnant when she agreed to help me when I received an email from Karen. It really worked out perfectly. Jerry was worried, the husband, but I swore she would be safe. Karen let me know Marybeth knew my address and would be flying into Denver that afternoon.

I acted surprised when Marybeth knocked on my door, but I let her in. She swore it was all a mistake and she would do anything to make it up to me, if only I'd let her back into my life. In retrospect, she was pitiful, but I needed to have her totally out of my life. After exactly sixty minutes, while I was seated in the living room listening to my soon to be ex, we heard keys in the door, then someone step inside. It was Jonna and she sang out, "Hi honey, I'm home!" When she walked into my large living room with a bag of groceries and a big pregnant stomach, I thought Marybeth would faint dead away. She was devastated. Her ranting and raving were almost demented and I asked her to leave and when she got home to sign the papers. The door almost fell off after how hard it was slammed. I thanked Jonna profusely for her help.

A week later my lawyer called and let me know she had signed and he had filed the papers in court. I had to wait 4 months before I received the papers in the mail, showing I was a free man. After contacting Karen, I didn't expect what she did, but it shouldn't have surprised me. She immediately contacted my now ex-wife and told her the whole story, I was living alone and the woman had been a friend helping me out with the okay of her husband. Marybeth was devastated yet again and she began looking for me once again. That time, I didn't open my door and while she stalked me for a while, a restraining order stopped her.

I am now remarried and yes, after 4 years, my wife is now 7 months pregnant. Marybeth? Karen said she turned to slutting around and I was well off without her.

artykay63artykay63almost 9 years ago
your choice

I think you write beautifully. One of the great things about writing for free is that you get to choose the plot and the outcome. I liked the no nonsense not over the top rendition. it was a realistic and apt approach. As to susan not getting her comeuppance, of course she did. she was rejected and for once did not get her own way.

Well done and thanks for all of your stories.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Further Thoughts

Settlement - I'm of two minds here: One side likes him taking the moral high ground and saying, "Fuck the money!", but the other side says that money is all they understand, and she/they should pay SOME price for her betrayal.

@ParPlus10 Re: Siskel and Ebert - I disagree with your opinion of them. One of the things I always liked about them was their ability to judge a movie for what it was. If I'm not mistaken they both gave "Thumbs Up" to "Animal House", where most critics, if they deigned to review it at all, would put it down because it didn't meet their standards of Great Cinema, while S & E could see what it was and what it was trying to do, and review it on that basis.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

Continuity error –"Very well, we should be able to have a complete report on her activities for you by tomorrow afternoon." – Since he wants to know what she does tomorrow NIGHT, a report by tomorrow AFTERNOON isn’t going to be much good!

Again, you have him going back to the agency the next afternoon.

His attitude confuses me, first we have: "So you have no actual proof of what went on in the room than night?", which implies doubts about her infidelity, despite how obvious it is, then we have: There were thirty-seven profiles on her computer, and I'll bet she fucked every one of them!", with no hope for reconciliation.

Why the ambivalence about viewing the CD? If there is no hope for the marriage, what’s it going to hurt?

“I went directly up to Susan, and as she looked up at me with tears streaming down her face, I handed her a copy of my petition for divorce.” – I understand that she is a “wild child”, but if he means so much to her that his divorcing her drives her to tears, WHY THE FUCK did she cheat on him?

I THINK I understand her reasons, but then why the tears over the break-up, there is NO way he could have meant that much to her, hell, she even wants to CONTINUE playing around and is even willing to SHARE him with her room-mates! And on a similar note, let's say he DID agree to stay - what if HE wanted to stay on EyeContact, and play with more than just Missy and Briana, how would she feel about THAT?

And I know it's a cliche on LW, but I'd like to see an epilog where she winds up lonely and alone, with even Missy and Briana moving on to happy marriages!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 9 years ago
Pain for Susan?

Growing old in that lifestyle punishment enough. Vengeance is much overrated. Move on and enjoy your life.

Great story

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 9 years ago
great stories

In spite of the fact that I really liked this story, there was no pain for the whore. Zip. That family deserved pain, expected pain. I would not have let them down. You knew what Mr Devereaux hated and could have even given the money to some group he hated........just my take. Still, I really enjoyed your story.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@Jounar

I MIGHT buy the 60% in a situation like you just described, but that was much more extreme than the situation in the story.

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago

@KarenE

I encountered a situation exactly like you mentioned a few years back. A 3 bedroom house with a gigantic main bedroom plus bathroom en-suite, a small bedroom and a tiny box room converted to be a tiny little bedroom that was only twice the size of a single bed. The person who got the massive bedroom did pay 60% of the rent. Iv no idea how the rest of the rent was broken down as I zero interest in the tiny box room so asking about rent was redundant. While not the norm, what you posted about does happen.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
I've Only Just Started, But..

I realize this is not germane to the story, but bigger bedroom or not, there is NO WAY in a 3 room-mate situation where one pays 60%.

All things being equal they should each pay 1/3 or 33 1/3%. They share equally in the common spaces, he has the bigger bedroom, maybe bump his share to 40%.

But for him to pay THREE times what they're paying? (40% divided by 2, they're each paying only 20%) In the words of Judge Judy, "That's ridiculous!"

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

I loved the story, the ending and your characterization of Mickey. Your protagonist went into the big league, played well, lost, learned a lot (of life lessons) and came back home. The journey you've let us be part of was great!

It's already been mentioned before, but a sequel to this would be amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Too easy on your evildoers...

It's been said that the best revenge is to live well, and frequently in real life that's the best you get. But in the realm of fiction there's satisfaction to be had from seeing the bad guy get what he deserves. Doesn't have to be violent or extreme, but something to let your reader go away with a feeling that there's justice in the universe. In this tale,it appears that everybody went back to where they were before the story started - no harm, no foul. Just a bit disappointing.

All that aside, I've read several of your stories, and am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the writing. Please keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
loved it

this was one of the better tales on this site. it was not over the hill on super

human sex and more true life. some women can not keep their panties on.

I almost passed on this tale because of the gays but you did not go over the

top on that.

Sloburn38Sloburn38almost 11 years ago
One of the best stories I have read here

It just stuck with me, it has been 3 days since I read it and I'm still thinking about it, now that is a great story.

risingthunderboltrisingthunderboltalmost 11 years ago
Beth and him as couple

making beth change her opinion and uniting them

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
One more thing ...

I like the optimism of DQS. A sequel with the two meeting years later would be a compelling story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

A fun and enjoyable read. The storyline was fascinating.

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
Great

Great writing, great plot. Way beyond the standard 2 dimensional short story! Great!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

Just a wonderful story and you just have to know that the ex will end up with aids and die. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It gets better each time I read it.

Not only does this story merit a second or even a third reading, I find more about it to enjoy each time. One of the best on the site.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 11 years ago
Another seriously good story

This was the latest in a series of good stories by this writer, good in a lot of ways. First of all they make sense, they're well written technically, and they arouse the reader's emotion.

This is a sort of true-life horror story. There are a lot of sites like that out there and you never know when you hook up via an on-line service, what you're getting. On the other hand, you never know what you're getting when you hook up with somebody you meet in a bar, or at work, or across a crowded room. People are mysteries, whether you're just meeting them or have been sitting across from them across a dining room table for 20 years. If there's one truism I hope I've expressed in my work, it's that you never have any guarantees in this life. You can be betrayed by someone you're dating, or your wife of 36 years. It's called life.

Secondly, the hero is guilty of nothing. He met a girl and fell in love. He trusted her. That's what most of us do. Unless you have serious problems, you don't walk around looking for reasons to mistrust the people closest to you. That's why honest people are so easy to screw. Should the roommates have sent up a red flag after they hung on post-marriage. Yes. But, it only proves the wife was a little weird, as well as hot and sexy and very loving.

Third, it's easy to hate the wife. She betrayed her husband and left scars that will take a long time to heal. On the other hand, she told the guy she had been spoiled rotten. When you're raised with absolute wealth and no limits and you can have absolutely anything you want, and you're gorgeous and hotter than hell, why shouldn't you think you can have anything you want - including guys to keep you company when hubby is away. I think the ending is spot on. She's not devastated after the divorce. I think she probably missed hubby, but SHE and nobody else is the center of her world. After hubby was gone she probably waited a little while, found good looking hot guys, had great sex, enjoyed wealth and a life most of us can only dream of, and she probably forgot hubby fair quickly. You can say all the bad things about her you want, but she's going to go on enjoying her life while you're bitching and moaning. And if she were a real person and she were aware of the readers, she simply wouldn't give a damn what they thought. Just like in real life.

As to the readers who demand - SOMEBODY MUST BE PUNISHED - I'd simply say, grow up. In real life women like this aren't punished. They go on to either have a lot of marriages or they finally settle down and make a good marriage and get even richer. Daddy should have been punished? Why? He is very rich and he loves his daughter. STRING HIM UP! The wife's friends? They're either wealthy in their own right or they're riding on her coattails. Again, happens a lot. And they didn't love the hero. Why should they derail their gravy train for a stranger?

So what you're left with in the end is a young man who went to the big city, got bruised and screwed over but walked away with his honor and morals intact. Sometimes nice guys don't end up well, but sometimes they do, and you have to hope that he'll meet one of the millions of young ladies who are decent to help him mend a broken heart. Again, happens every day.

I liked the story, I liked the hero. And you have to wonder, if someday he and his ex might meet up again. Rich spoiled girls, and guys, sometimes grow up. And sometimes they realize what they threw away. Probably not. But it's something to think about.

DQS

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous