All Comments on 'Childhood Poverty'

by CornishBabe

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Huh?

I think it's time for "the people" to take care of their own children. In the USA children go to bed hungry. Many of them do not go to school regularly nor have a parent to watch over them. Many of them live in dangerous neighborhoods or are exposed to environments that will affect them for for the rest of their lives. Forget about things like clothing or medical care or even hope. Many wait for a kind soul to adopt them, yet celebrities find it publicity worthy to adopt in other countries. We can not continue to help the world when we do not take care of our own.

Writer, I come to Literotica for entertainment, not for moralistic essays that I can get from Bono or my daily news.

denniscleedenniscleealmost 17 years ago
Thank you for the public service, but...

...it seems to be on the wrong site.

Not that I mind. It's good to be shaken from the erotic fantasy stupor the stories here create from time to time.

I totally agree that everyone is responsible for the world. I tend to see the major problem as overpopulation. The time may come, and none too soon IMO, when couples are required to have a 'license to breed', and not allowed to procreate unless they can meet fiscal and phychological standards imposed by the state.

Sci-fi? I hope not. Fascist? Maybe. Justifiable? Your own data tends to say yes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Least Erotic Story Ever!!

You know, there IS a "Non-Erotic" category! Yikes!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Annoying propaganda…

Information statements like, “It is a fact that young females are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS…” are deliberately designed to appear to communicate but do no such thing. Young females are more likely to contract HIV/AIDS than what? Giraffes? Quarried slate? Jupiter’s moons? And what whiny guilt trip would be complete without multiple, crocodile-teared references to HIV?

Here’s a thought: quit doing everything possible to prop up regimes responsible for the conditions you allegedly deplore. Stop sending aid that only gets confiscated and used to enrich the bastard warlords. You are doing more than merely perpetuating a bad situation. You encourage others to follow in their footsteps. Face it, you are part of the problem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Huh?

You missed half of what you said you'd discuss; causes. "Conflict" is bad, but it's not a cause; WWII did anything but cause poverty here at home. I agree with much of what you say, but your solution, I'm almost betting, involves screwing up (which is what UNICEF and the UN do). Unlike the other commenter with his overpopulation statement (popular myth; India is about as densely populated as New Jersey, and Jersey is, relatively speaking, doing just fine), the cause is simply economic; the system for moving up in the world don't exist. Education, health, food, all of that will come when there is a system to deliver it, and most of the world doesn't have one. Oh, they have governments which direct this, but they only have a clumsy, expensive, one-size-fits-all approach. Everytime there's a budget problem, an uprising, etc, the poor people get screwed. Forget that; what we need to do is ACTUALLY sit on the fence. We can't STOP doing that right now, because we aren't doing it; no, we send billions of dollars in direct aid and billions more in loan relief.

The problem, as has been shown by about every economist who looks at it, is a lack of propert rights; if the government might come take all your food, you'll never try to grow extra to sell at the market. If your homes are burned, your goods taken, your workers killed, you can't afford to try and grow an economy out of subsistence farming. Every country that has these poverty problems needs to, essentially, adopt the US Constitution as originally written.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous