All Comments on 'Christmas Visitor'

by humminbean

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
synistralsynistralover 14 years ago
Great job

I've been a reader of this site for a long time. Every once in a while I come across a story that is extraordinary and it makes my day. I just did again with this one. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Happens all to often

My grandparents did much the same for a young man back in the late 50's early 60's. He was abandoned behind when his mother and father moved away. He lived on his own for more than a month before starvation made him ask for some food. he had already eaten everything in the house including the wall paper. My grandfather would have killed his father if he could have found him. That is how I got an extra uncle. They adopted him

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Liked it!

It's nice to read something positive, what Christmas really is.

ejlsejlsover 14 years ago
Beautiful

Beautiful and wonderfully sweet. Thank you and Happy Holidays.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
A Perfect Christmas

for the family who had the opportunity to give...

SensualSuzanSensualSuzanover 13 years ago
The true meaning

The warmth and sharing during the season is what people often forget. As we all lament, Christmas is sooo commercialized. When we are offered the opportunity to share the love of the season it is always somehow memorable. A "ReasonSeasonLifetime" event (type that into a web browser); you will find the prose wonderful. It is not mine but D. Chaulker's. Happy holiday humminbean! (BTW, cute nic!) : )

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 10 years ago
Wonderful

Such a warm story. So well written. Their Christmas Eve dinner reminds me of a Chicago morning in the mid-1930's. A knock on the back door and a man told my mother he hadn't eaten in three days. Did she have some scraps of food she could spare? She spooned out a generous helping of the stew cooking on the stove for our supper that night, added two slices of bread, plus a fork, and handed it to the man.

A few minutes later he knocked again and I opened the door. He handed me the plate that looked like it had been washed, it was that clean. I handed it to my mother. With tears streaming down his cheeks, he said to her, "God bless you, madam."

And that was the day I learned the meaning of charity.

DocWordsDocWordsover 2 years ago

Yep, your mother is an angel. Thanks for sharing that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userhumminbean@humminbean
148 Followers
Been busy lately, but will try to post some new ones. Thanks again for your constructive comments! ------------------------------------ I've written a fair bit of non-fiction before, but these are my first tries at fiction. So far, I'm having a blast with it! Thanks t...

story TAGS