All Comments on 'Cleaning My Pool'

by stevnmom

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
spellchecket

Might have been a good story, but I couldn't get past the spelling errors - sorry

stevnmomstevnmomabout 14 years agoAuthor
Spellchecker????WTF

Hey people, I'm a real novice here so if you're so wrapped up in spelling and puncuation and stuff maybe you need to stick to Library books, or are you 6th grade English Teachers. Just opinions I guess and you all know what they say about opinions!!

Besides, have any of you read some of the other stories???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
good story

Stevnmom: This was a good story. However, like the other commenter, the presentation of your words reflects upon you. You could become a better author, if you followed a few simple ideas and don't get pissy, because we're trying to help.

Use a spell checker. It would have picked-up on words ending in "e" and adding "ing". For example, invite becomes inviting. Spell checkers aren't always a 100%. For example, "through caution into the wind" should have been "throw/threw caution into the wind" (depending upon the tense past vs present).

Lastly, and this is important for every thing we write. Take the time to get away from your written story before sending it out. Come back to it in a few days. Reread it. Just that time away can give the writer a different sense of their accomplishment.

These are mechanical or housekeeping issues, I know. But your stories are worth the effort to polish them before publishing.

RBS

P.S. When I write I try to find someone who can read the paper first and give me some pointers.

victorianstiffvictorianstiffover 3 years ago
Nice!!!!

Well played and well written. 👏👏👏

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous