All Comments on 'Coming To Her Senses'

by Teela100

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxover 15 years ago
I like it, I think

I think this might be flash, and I don't enjoy much flash. Here, although I enjoy the thrust of the story, I'm left with too many questions. Okay, with one big question, what the heck is that wand?

<p>

If you're going to introduce something that odd, I think you need to give it more of a story. Leave that out and I think you've got something that I like very much.

<p>

Frankly, I'd like to see this story expanded to show more of her. The mind of a woman who is thinking about cheating, with two different men no less, after twenty years of marriage is worth a look. This is especially true since she isn't just "drifting" into an affair but very aware of where she's going.

<p>

Then there's the ending, do all her problems go away with a simple fuck, or was her husband's acknowledgment of their problems that profound.

<p>

I generally give 100s to balance the trolls with their 0s, but if I were to score this as I see it, I'd probably give it an 80. The writing is very good, the topic very interesting, but the execution is lacking.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterover 15 years ago
Left with too many questions

I really liked the story but it left me wandering. Way too many holes. It was written well and I would like to read chapter 2 where all the holes were filled in. Thanks for posting.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 15 years ago
I agree with the other commentators,

Nice beginning to a story. I personly think that a woman who is going straight for an affair with two people and getting off, or maybe not, with a 'wand' that was made by the Japanese? And the attitude of the husabnd who is missing every signal that could be given, the wife is silently sreaming out, "Take notice of me, otherwise someone else will" the husband of course hasn't got a clue. He still carries on as normal. If however the wife would start really shouting before she commits herself to cheating on her husband, then maybe the marriage can be saved. I think they both want be together. But there comes a time when a marriage does end. When they are no longer in lust or love that is the time to move on. At the moment I see no respect from either party and certainly no love from the husband, from the wife I see someone who is wistfully thinking about what might have been, not what could be. I too would like to see another chapter just so either way we the readers can see what happens. I personally tend towards the romantic view where the husband realises what has happend and treats the wife to mind blowing sex, which is what she wants. I would also have the wife disregard any input from her two would-be lovers. Anyway well written story that has us readers thinking, which is the sign of a good writer.

Regards

GW

Agoodman952Agoodman952over 15 years ago
Good Story

This is a good story or at least the begininging of a good story. It left so many questions. Was she really interested in two other guys or was that more of a flirtation to bolster her self image? It sure seems like her husband isn't doing anything to make her feel good about herself. Her actions seemed to be an act of submissive desperation and a cry for attention, or a last affirmation that her husband is a self centered SOB who could care less about her needs as long as he got off. Cold he realize that he was pushing her towards the affections of another man that would treat her like a woman and not a street whore? Maybe, but he just shot a load in her mouth comanded her to swallow and left her there. It would take some real soul searching for him to change if he could.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Half a story?

Yes it does feel like that,though perhaps the author wants us to fill in the blanks. The problem is that it then becomes my story... Note that the writing is very well honed. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Oh well

Disheartening story. No beginning, barely a body, and no ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Stream of consciousness

come on, some of you guys ! - can't you recognize class when you see it? - Teela 100 is obviously not the 'wham bang thank you m'am' kind of witer - she writes as a woman so you can appreciate a woman's viewpoint - can't you see it from her stories? - STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS - got it?.

SO YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL - BY THE WAY , I'M A MAN.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Very potent short story

Dynamite comes in small packages. This story was an Epiphany of a solid long standing faithful marriage with the confidence and complacency.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 2 years ago
huh?

Didn't understand what happened here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous