Complete At Last

Story Info
Are the problems in this romance solvable?
1.8k words
4.25
10.4k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Copyright 2007 by madengineer3

Although very happy now, my love life has been a bit on the complicated side. I'm not a "party animal" and don't have any severe "kinks" to speak of. But.......

My name is Thomas Moore. Things were pretty normal for me up until I was in grad school. I worked hard to get my master's in electrical engineering. (My parents had wanted me to go into medicine since both of them were doctors. However; like my older brother, who is an attorney, I didn't carry on the family tradition. ) I had little time for dating since I was trying to complete my work as rapidly as I could. On top of that I am one of those people who become all but petrified in the presence of a beautiful member of the opposite sex.

One of my fellow grad students was named Amber. She was a lovely girl. She, to me, was pleasingly plump. I suspected, at the time, that her weight and her work load kept her from actively dating as well.

Things started out in a simple way. She was better at math than I was. I was having trouble with tensor analysis and she was having trouble with non-linear electromagnetic theory. As a result we started to study together two or three times a week. The more we got to know each other the more we found out that we liked each other. I found that I could communicate with her on a personal level as well. In time we realized that we were in love with each other.

We both graduated at the same time and had taken jobs in the same company, but in different departments. We saw each other at lunch and usually ate dinner together. It is easier and less expensive to cook for two than it is for two individual people to each cook for one person.

To understand what follows you need to know something about me and my upbringing. As children my parents were very clear to us that intercourse before marriage was not done in our family. We Moores were to live up to the family's standards, not the standards of the world we lived in. With that upbringing and my understanding of the Holy Scriptures I knew that, hard as it might be, I would not "go all the way" with a girl before marrying her. Don't laugh, there are a lot of us who follow this path.

Anyway, back to the story. Normally finding out that you are in love is a wonderful thing. However, it was obvious that something was seriously bothering Amber. The problem came to a head in the November/December time period of our first year of work. We both had been working very hard at being good employees. Both of us had strong work ethics and one's future with their employer can be greatly influenced by the employer's early on opinions of the worker.

Amber and I had been dating each other for as long as we had been working. Our dating involved some moderate petting, but nothing that required removing our clothes. We really did have a solid relationship.

I had asked Amber if she was planning to go to her parent's home for Thanksgiving. She emphatically said "No!. My parents disowned me." but she wouldn't elaborate.

As a result I had invited Amber to join me for Thanksgiving at my parent's home. As a family we always had a large family Thanksgiving get together. My folks had a good sized home and they were glad to be able to give one of the guest rooms to Amber. We had a wonderful time! My parents loved Amber and she loved them and was told that the door was always open for her to visit.

Amber and I had been seriously dating for several months. We both had learned that we really loved each other. I had guessed at her ring size and, without her knowledge, I purchased an engagement ring. It wasn't massive. It was a simple diamond solitaire set in a simple gold mounting.

On Christmas Eve we were out for the winter shutdown of our company. Amber and I were headed for my parents house. On the way we stopped for dinner. When we got back to the car, but before leaving the parking lot, I popped the question and offered her the engagement ring.

She broke down crying and the tears were obviously not tears of joy.

"Have I said, or done, something wrong Amber?"

She was still crying but managed to get out a tearful "No" and said that she had been afraid that this would happen.

I asked her, "Why would you be afraid?"

"Because I have been keeping a secret from everybody for the last seven years. Nobody but my parents know it and it is why I am not welcome to visit them or go to their home. Now, I'm going to have to either say no to your proposal or tell you the secret. Doing either of those things will all but kill me."

"It can't be that bad, Amber. Love covers and makes up for a lot of things. I will tell you now that there is almost nothing you could tell me that would make me turn my back on you."

"But, this would force you to leave me. I can't stand the pain of loosing you."

"Trust me. I love you! I want the best for you. Please tell me the problem."

She moved over closer to me and hugged me to her. She said that only holding on to me would give her the strength to tell me. I kissed her and told her I would not interrupt her.

"For as long as I can remember I have had a problem. I kept it as a secret from my parents until I got my bachelor's degree. I then tried to explain the problem to them and they kicked me out of the house. The problem is this, In my mind and heart I have always been a girl, but my physical body was that of a boy. I'm a transsexual but can't yet afford the surgery to correct my body so that it is the right gender."

I was silent.

"You aren't going to want me to go home with you now that you know the truth, are you? Are you able to pretend that we have no feelings for each other? If so, please drive me back to my apartment."

"Amber, I love you. Just because there is a 'packaging error' doesn't change who you are. I still want to marry you, but want you to have the needed surgery first so that we can physically show our love for each other. Can you accept that?"

She all but crushed me with the hug and kisses. "Thank you Tom. You have no idea how much that means to me. I will accept your offer of marriage but I know that I am going to have to save up about twenty thousand dollars for the surgery. It's expensive if you have it done by a good surgeon."

"Amber, trust me on this. I may have an surprise present for you for Christmas. I think it will be better than the wrapped up gift in my suitcase. Let's get home."

Amber wanted me to tell her about the surprise, but I couldn't until I checked some things.

The rest of the trip home was uneventful. We brought our luggage in, put it in our rooms and went down stairs.

I asked Amber to wait in the living room because I needed to talk to my parents.

"Dad and Mom could I talk to you in the den? I need to ask you for a big favor and then share some joy with you."

Mom, dad, and I moved into the den and I locked the door.

"When you lock the door, son, it indicates that this is both important and very private. Am I correct?"

"Yes, dad."

"Well you have the floor."

"First of all I've asked Amber to marry me."

The next few moments were filled with hugs and tears from my mom.

"Dad, I need to ask you for a massive favor. I have a friend with a desperate need for your specialty, would you volunteer your services for either free or at a greatly reduced charge? I'm asking this in all seriousness."

There was a pause for a moment. "Yes, son, for you I would do that. There would still be charges for the hospital and anesthesiologist. Of course the anesthesiologist will probably offer her services for free as well, won't you dear?"

My mom said yes.

"Thank you very much. Let me go get Amber."

Moments later I returned with Amber..

"Mom and Dad, Amber doesn't know your line of work. She knows that you are both doctors, but that is the extent of it. Let me formally introduce you to her. Amber, this is Dr Frank Moore, M.D. he is the surgeon who is responsible for developing the currently used surgery for sex reassignment. My mother, Dr Loretta Moore, M.D. is an anesthesiologist. I have just asked if they would be willing to do your surgery for you. I can assure them that you have lived as a woman for several years. In fact, I didn't know of the need for this work until earlier this evening."

Amber started sobbing and hugged my dad.

The next half hour or so was an emotional roller coaster. At one time, or another, every one of us was in tears. When the dust settled it was agreed that Amber's surgery would be set for February, if she could get a leave of absence for a medical emergency. It was also agreed that after she left the hospital she would recuperate at my parent's home and that my older brother, an attorney, would handle all the paperwork to get her birth certificate, driver's license and such adjusted to her new physical reality.

The rest of our Christmas break was very enjoyable.

Both Amber and I asked for a months unpaid leave from work. We explained (to our respective bosses) that Amber, who was going to be my wife, had a congenital malformation that needed extensive surgical repair. We told no one at work the nature of the malformation.

The recovery was very painful, but the results were incredible. It would be at least two to four months before we could have intercourse, but as soon as the surgery was done and my brother did his legal work, Amber and I were married. It was a small friends and family only wedding. Amber, for the first time in her life felt complete peace about who and what she was.

It has now been three years since the surgery. We are planning to eventually adopt two young children, a boy and a girl.

To our acquaintances we are just a normal happy family. Between Amber and I we have developed a love that appears to be unshakable.