Couple & The Soldier Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Tickle her Jim." Mike shouted.

Jim tickled Emily's side and she stood up.

"Oh my God!" She screamed realizing she was exposing her butt to Jim. She dropped back down into the water. Jim laughed before grabbing her hand and pulling her back into his arms. While Mike tickled her, Emily squirmed and splashed around in the water trying in vain to break free. She was giggling uncontrollably.

Finally, she managed to break free.

"No more tickling."

"Look at those stars." Mike said pointing to the sky.

Emily turned her head and gazed up at the beautiful sky.

Jim had to turn completely around to get a view.

"Emily come sit by me so you can get a better view."

Jim watched Emily slide in next to Mike.

"Come over and join us so you can see the stars, too."

Jim moved next to Emily.

They sat quietly staring up at the stars.

"How is it?' Emily asked her tone suddenly very serious.

"How's what?" Jim asked.

"Over there in the war."

"It's hard to explain." Jim said lowering his head.

"I bet." Mike replied.

Emily reached beneath the water and held Jim's hand.

"I'm a good listener."

Mike settled back against the wall easing Emily closer to Jim.

"It's what we've all trained for and we're defending our country over there instead of at home."

Emily squeezed his hand.

"Are you afraid?"

"Everyone is afraid. It's when you're not that I start worrying."

Over the next thirty minutes Emily sat listening to Jim as he slowly opened up and started talking about the war. It was something that surprised him. When he had visited his parents it was a taboo subject. When others asked about what it was like he refused to talk. But now he was opening up and telling her even the silly humorous things that happen in a combat zone. Like the first time he had to fire his weapon in combat and how the bullets from his weapon were landing about twenty feet in front of his position.

Mike was growing weary of all the talk about war. In a sense he felt guilty that he had never served. Now, his wife was sitting talking to this war hero about war and all he could do was sit quietly and listen. He wanted to talk about sex and playing games; not war.

Emily was captivated by Jim's stories. It made her feel good that he was opening up and sharing his life's adventures. She felt his pain as he described men in his unit that had been hurt or killed. At one point she had to wipe tears from her eyes. Later, she laughed uncontrollably as he described some of the funny moments involving guys in his unit.

When he finished talking Emily gave him a big hug and kissed his cheek.

"Emily it's getting late."

"Yeah, I guess we need to go to bed."

Jim moved over next to the railing and sat with his back to the stairs.

"I'll cover my eyes so you can get out of the pool."

Before he could raise his hands Emily stood up and walked right up to Jim and paused.

He stared up at her tiny heart shaped bush glistening in the night light.

"Let's plan something special after our Mayan tour."

"Okay." Jim replied looking very puzzled.

Jim stayed in the pool as his friends dressed and then left for their hotel room.

What did plan something special after the Mayan tour mean?

To be continued…

12