Dark Desires

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I watched, silent and strangely calm now as she bent her head down. Her grip on the back of my head made me turn and I winced with the pain. I felt her lips brush my pulse as I squeezed my eyes shut, not sure what would happen next but sure that it would hurt. Maybe I could talk to Jacob after I was dead, after all, we had to have been heading to same place, right? We would have eternity to talk about this little incident. I guess that it wouldn't matter much though.

It seemed to be taking forever. So I decided to start counting sheep in my head. After all, some people actually suggest that dying is like falling asleep. At this point, I just wanted it to happen. And how to we get to sleep? For me, it was counting sheep, believe it or not. So I began to count. I got to about twenty sheep before I realised that I couldn't hear anything except my own breathing. Oh, and a distant 'thump, thump' of music.

I opened my eyes.

Staring back at me was a man. A different looking man, swathed in black. He looked like a biker out of "Mad Max" – but somehow sexier. He had long, lanky hair that fell straight past his shoulders. He was completely clean shaven and of course, there were those deep green eyes. He was crouching in front of me, concern writing in deep green eyes. I blinked and he blinked back.

I moved my head, his stayed where it was, and looked around. I could see the remains of Jacob, but he was turned over so that I couldn't see his open chest cavity. The area was deserted. The moon still high in the night sky, the stars still glittered. The only difference was the lack of people, the absence of the doorman and the now closed doors of the night club. Of Valery and Drake there was no sign.

I turned back to the intense green gaze and blinked. Once again, he answered me with a blink of his own. I began to feel a silly grin stretching across my face. It hurt to move. Actually it hurt a lot. I guess that shock had worn off, then. I looked at the stranger and decided on impulse to blink twice. He only blinked once.

I began to laugh. What had I expected? For him to blink twice too? No, that would have been crazy. I couldn't stop laughing. I was laughing so hard now that I could hardly draw breath. Everything hurt so much. My chest began to burn and I began to choke for air. I felt his arms come around me then and I finally stopped laughing. I stared into his eyes for a silent moment and saw sadness in them. A deep, pitying sadness.

That's when I began to cry. I couldn't stop. Occasionally, a hysterical laugh or hiccup would emerge, but mostly it was just crying. All the time, he held me, stroking my hair and I took comfort in this strange man. Everything was so unreal. Everything was just too weird. Everything, my entire world, it was gone; ripped to pieces in front of my eyes.

Absently, I realised that he was rocking me. Just a little bit, barely any movement at all, really, but it was enough. I wanted to tell him to let me go, to stop rocking. But I didn't say anything. I just closed my eyes and let myself drift into darkness.

**************

When I woke up, I found myself in a hospital bed. I was connected up to some sort of monitor; its beeps mirrored the beating of my heart. I looked down and saw that my arms and legs were bound up in casts. Actually, my entire body was bound up. I could hardly move and to move my neck, even a little, hurt like hell.

I did manage to look around the room though and saw the man in black with his strange green eyes staring back at me. I blinked, but he didn't blink this time. Instead, he stood up and I finally saw just how tall he was. He had to have been a good six foot one. Though I wouldn't have been surprised if he had have been taller. His frame was athletic, not to much muscle that I could see, yet not on the weak side. He moved with a fluid grace that made me wonder at what he did for a living. He could have been a dancer.

He brought over a glass of water and patiently helped me drink it. My throat was dry and it took several swallows before I could get any of the water down. If it wasn't for him, I probably would have choked.

He placed the glass on the night table next to my bed, dragged the chair he was sitting in before closer to the bed and then folded himself down into it.

His voice was soft, masculine and sent shivers down my spine, "We need to talk."

To be continued....