Dark Travelers Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GinaTina
GinaTina
256 Followers

He frowned slightly and tilted his head, "or what?"

She didn't respond, only continued to stare at him distrustfully.

Kael's mouth thinned with exasperation, "why do you behave so fearfully when I have yet to harm you?" He rose to a standing position and crossed his arms over his chest.

At this, her expression shifted into one of amazement. "You have so harmed me! You've kidnapped me, threatened me, and raped me!"

He arched a brow at this last accusation, "I what you?"

Andi glowered at him for a moment, "oh please! Like you don't know!"

"I don't."

Her frustration was evident and her chin began to tremble. "Last night in the lighthouse. Upstairs. You took me against my will!"

"Oh. That. Stupid girl. You are a slave. Slaves do not have a will of their own," he replied, nonchalantly.

"Stay away from me!" She repeated.

The young Feylak was surprised at her vehemence, "did you not enjoy yourself?"

She glowered at him and didn't answer.

"Because," he continued, "it certainly sounded as though you did. And it also felt like it."

Still, she offered no response.

He smiled rather kindly, "I enjoyed you, you know. And I plan on enjoying you again." He paused briefly, expression appraising. "There will come a time, Brat, when you will eagerly spread your legs for me. Mark my words."

Never," she hissed at him.

At this, Kael's eyes began to brighten and his smile grew into a predatory grin. "Challenge accepted."

"Shut-up!" She cried cringing against the side of the tub. Her cheeks began to redden and heat up.

Both intent on the other, neither heard a soft fluttering from above. A moment later, a large black bird with red cheeks had perched on the adjoining wall.

The creature cocked its head and focused one bright, black eye on the pair. After a brief pause, a curious face appeared next to the parrot, staring down at the two of them with intrigue.

Kael tilted his head, still a bit confused. "Did I hurt you? I tried to be easy on you. Was I too rough?"

Andi was aghast, "yes you hurt me! And scared me! And bit me!" She jerked her chin towards her wounded shoulder and her eyes filled with tears again. "Why did you do that?"

"To mark you as mine," he responded slowly, as if he were speaking to a simpleton.

"I am not yours!"

"No?" He frowned. Perhaps she did belong to someone else. "Another male has laid claim on you, then? If that is the case, I shall fight him for you."

She went quiet, unwilling to speak to him any longer. Several minutes dragged by; the silence grew oppressive.

"Well? Don't be keepin' me in suspense now! What happens next?!" A voice piped up brightly.

Kael reacted instantly, whirling around and drawing both swords, teeth bared. Andi jerked in surprise and turned her glance upward.

There, clutching onto the half-wall, was a grinning green-eyed, red-haired, freckle-faced woman gazing down at the two of them. Her features were sprightly, animated and intensely interested.

"Well?" She repeated. "Do ye belong to another already?" She asked Andi.

"Ah...I, uhm," the girl began, utterly nonplussed.

Kael, after a moment of assessment, sheathed his blades and cocked his head to the side. "That is your bird?"

The strange woman inclined her head at him in affirmation.

"Your name is Sway?" He went on.

At this, the woman's candid expression instantly darkened into one of suspicion. "I know ye?"

The juvenile shook his head, "no. But I know of you. I was told you might be willing to grant us access to your ship."

"Really now. Who told ye that?" Sway asked, narrowing her eyes.

Kael offered her a charming grin, "the short one did. The one called Pogs."

"Gah! Good fer nothin' blabber mouth!" Sway railed, smacking her forehead with the palm of her hand.

"Good fer nothin'!" The bird squawked in reply.

"Aye, Skeet. He is. We'd be better off without him," the redhead grumbled.

Kael felt his hopes plummet, "so, you're not willing then?"

"Did ye hear me say that, creature?"

Andi slowly began to ease out of the tub, and reached for her clothing. At the sight of her bare, wet skin, Skeet issued a piercing wolf-whistle. Sway glanced over at the girl and beamed at her reddening cheeks.

"Don't get clutched now, little lass! Ol' Skeet here is just a flirt."

Andi hastily threw her clothes on without bothering to dry off. Kael had turned one eye on her to watch, grinning in appreciation. The girl shot him a resentful glare and bent down to snatch the puppy up again.

Sway watched the pair with obvious delight, propping her face up on both hands. "So, tell me, why do ye have need to board my ship?"

Attention diverted, Kael glanced back up at the heavily spotted woman. "We need to travel to Wyvern Rock. Do you know of it?"

"Aye, I do. Why do ye need to go there? Tis a dangerous place."

"We're in need of their scales."

Sway nodded, "hmmmmm, I see. Ye know ye can buy dried Wyvern scales from any shaman from here to there, right?"

Kael shrugged, "these need to be fresh, not dried."

"Hmmmmmm," the woman murmured again. "Seems to me to be a rather one-sided deal. What be in it fer me, then?"

"I cannot say. That is for my elder to decide. He is the lead."

Sway appeared astounded, "there be another of ye?!"

"Yes."

Sway hoisted herself up and swung a leg over the partition. Letting go, she made to jump down the rest of the way. She would have made it easily had her cloak not snagged itself on an errant nail.

"Ack!" She uttered as she fell the rest of the way, landing in an ungraceful heap at Kael's boots.

"BWA HA HA HAAAAAAA!" The bird shrieked, its voice an eerie replica of the red-haired captain's.

"Shut yer hole, ye damnable flying rat!"

Kael raised both brows and stared down at her; half amused, half annoyed. He wondered how this clumsy woman had managed to name herself the captain of a large ship. She didn't even seem to be able to stand on her own two feet without difficulty.

Andi watched as well, eyes wide, as the woman bounced to her feet and dusted herself off.

Sway was quite short and scrawny; shorter even than Anya. However, twin cutlasses hung at her hips and two pistols were nestled in holsters at her waist.

The girl was rather certain that the woman wouldn't carry such things if she wasn't able to use them with some skill. Still clutching the puppy, she tried to blend into the background as the two continued to barter with one another.

"So then," Sway continued, "if I require a pittance for me services, yer brother is the one to barter with?"

"Yes."

"Ye ain't much of a talker, are ye?"

Kael was heartened. If she was asking about payment, it meant that she was considering doing them the service. He wanted to make sure not to blow the deal by being rude, even if she was an inferior species.

"More cautious than anything," he replied politely.

"Aye. I can see that," she responded brightly, all smiles once again. "Well then, are ye going to introduce me to yer brother? Or do ye wanna stand here and gab all night long?"

Skeet fluttered down and perched on the rim of the tub. He cocked an eye at Andi and let loose another wolf-whistle. Tots barked excitedly in response, wagging his tail furiously. The black cockatoo flared his top-notch up in alarm and issued an ear-piercing shriek.

"I said shut yer hole, Skeet! Tis nothin' but a puppy," Sway barked, irritated.

"My brother, the witch and the wizard have gone to search for you in another part of the harbor. Kirik told me to meet him back at your ship at daybreak," Kael explained, ignoring the outburst and his ringing ears.

Sway appeared astonished once again, "there be a witch and wizard with ye two, as well? Mercy me, how excitin'!"

"She's not a witch," Andi said softly, defending her sister. "She's just a regular person."

"Eh?" Sway muttered, turning to look at the blonde girl.

"My sister is not a witch!" Andi replied heatedly.

"Is that so? And ye? Are ye a witch too?"

"No, I am not."

The captain nodded thusly, "alright then. So yer his slave, only?" Sway pointed at Kael.

Andi shook her head angrily, "no, I am not!"

"I'm confused," the woman said, slanting her mouth to the side. "So lemme get this right; ye two," she pointed at each of them, "are traveling with a witch, a wizard, and another purple creature, seeking to go to Wyvern Rock. Only the witch ain't a witch, but a regular person and yer his slave but not really?"

"Basically," Andi replied dryly.

Kael rolled his eyes and shook his head in exasperation while Sway only stared at her, still not comprehending.

"Him and his brother kidnapped me and my sister. We're not here because we want to be," the girl explained.

"Ahhhhh, so ye are a servant!"

"I'm not!"

Sway's green eyes sparkled with sympathy for the poor girl. Seemed like she had not accepted her fate just yet. "Well, far be it from me to meddle. Why don't we just mosey on to me ship and await their return, hm? We can all set things straight then, right?"

"Agreed," Kael answered eagerly.

Pride swelled in his chest at being the one to not only find the captain, but also at convincing her to at least consider granting them access to her vessel. Kirik was going to be very, very pleased with him.

Sway made to stride out towards the exit then stopped abruptly. "Oi! I be needin' to know yer names! Ye already know mine well enough. Hardly seems fair, do it?" She stared at the two of them expectantly.

"I'm named Kael. That is Brat," he replied, gesturing towards the blonde girl.

She bristled, "my name is Andi!"

Sway widened her eyes and snorted laughter, "ye seem to be a very confused bunch. Come on then Kael and Andi Brat. Let's get!"

That said, she flounced out of the room with a flourish; leaving the two of them to stare after her in amazement.

GinaTina
GinaTina
256 Followers