Deidre's Faerie Tale Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Deidre," she said in that breezy voice, "Lyrik came to me this afternoon and…"

I held up a hand to cut her off. "Look, I'm sorry I snapped at her like that, but she deserved it! She was rude to Tolem and I just couldn't stand there and watch it. Maybe y'all are used to talking to people like their less than dirt, but I'm not."

My stepmother's eyebrows lifted and she smiled. Wait a minute, why was she smiling? "I understand that and I agree with you completely."

"Say what?" Did she just say that she agreed with me? She had the whole wicked stepmother thing, completely wrong.

"My daughter has never been easy to deal with. I dare say that your father spoiled her terribly; he made many allowances for her. I'm sure it was to assuage the guilt he felt about not being able to be with you."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Why shouldn't he have felt guilty?

"Lyrik has a quick temper and an acid tongue at times," Ilyn continued. "Please accept my apology on her behalf."

"She's not going to apologize for herself?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Hardly," Ilyn said with a slight shrug.

"Well, I probably shouldn't have been so mean about it, but she shouldn't have said that to Tolem."

Ilyn nodded. "Speaking of Tolem, Trilla approached me earlier."

I groaned. I'd forgotten all about sending Trilla on a mission to get Tolem fired. "You know what; I may have been a little hasty. I was upset and he said things and I said some things. I don't need a different body guard…I mean, security detail."

Ilyn smiled and nodded. "I understand."

After she'd left the room I got this feeling that she really did understand and suddenly felt embarrassed. Could she tell I was starting to crush on Tolem? I decided that I'd have to keep my distance from him…if that was possible with him five paces away from me at all times!

12