Double Identity Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, someone seems to approve of that idea." Shawna purred. I felt her hand slip between us and rub along the length of my cock. She stood up and grabbed my hand. "Come on baby, we've got time for one more romp before I have to drive you home. I want to feel this big rod in my ass one more time before you leave."

I followed her into the house with a grin on my face.

**********

Sal was waiting for me in the lobby of the precinct when I walked in the door on Monday morning.

"Did you have a nice weekend?" He asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Yes, thank you." I replied. "Nice to see you too."

He blushed slightly. "Sorry Roy. That was uncalled for. But, I was damn lonely. You know you're my entire social calendar, don't you?"

I sighed and felt like shit. "Yeah, sorry Sal, I forget that I'm the only one you can talk to. I spent the weekend with Shawna at her house."

"Dude, you tap that ass or what?"

"Yeah man, literally."

"Ooooh. I need the details bro." Sal said, grinning like a stupid schoolboy.

"Maybe later. I've got to get upstairs and check in with Terry."

"Dude, you are going to be so pissed." Sal laughed.

"What do you know?" I asked as I stepped into the elevator. Sal followed me in. I started to hold the door for some folks coming but Sal stopped me.

"Don't!" He said in a near panic. "It's too small in here, they'll touch me." I remembered about his problem with touching living people and let the door close. He breathed a sigh of relief.

"So, what's Terry got in store for me?" I asked again.

"First off, he gave your desk to that douche bag Fredericks." He said.

I waived that off as insignificant. "I've got seniority, I'll get my spot back. What else?"

"You've got a new partner."

"Who is it?" I asked.

"They're new." Was all he said. He was smiling, damn near laughing at me.

"Who is it?" I asked again.

"Oh no, I want to see the look on your face when you get introduced." He said, before bursting out in laughter.

"Oh Fuck!" I thought, this is going to be bad. Sal laughed harder.

The elevator opened and I stepped out. A choruses of "Hey Roy" and "Good to see you back" rang out as I made my way across the floor. I saw Fredericks looking at me from my desk and I pointed at him then made a fist with my thumb out and motioned for him to get out of my chair. He shot me the bird. Wilkerson, the duty sergeant for our floor stopped me halfway across the room.

"TNT wants to see you right away." He said. Sarge was always no nonsense. "After that I've got you scheduled for weapons practice and then HR needs to see you about paperwork. That ought to take up most of your day. I'm going to put you down for Thursday afternoon for requalification on your weapon, that all right?"

"Yeah. Thanks Sarge." I said. "By the way, see to it that Frederick's has all his shit out of my desk by this afternoon and my old chair better still be there."

"You got it Roy." He said with a grin. Everyone hated Frederick's. He was a no account suck ass that got his job because his father was friends with the commissioner.

I made it to Terry's door and knocked. I saw that he had finally gotten around to getting the name on the door changed while I was gone. For three years it still bore the name of the previous department lieutenant. Now it said 'Lieutenant Terrance Nathanial Thomas'.

"Come in." Terry said through the door. I opened it and walked in. Sal slipped in behind me. As I was starting to close the door, a young, blonde woman wearing a navy blue pant suit walked up to the door and came in also. She closed the door behind her. I had never seen her before but considering her age I figured that she was a new secretary. We seemed to go through them pretty regularly.

"Hey Lieutenant." I said.

"Good to see you back Roy!" he said, standing up to shake my hand. I was once again taken with how fucking big he was. Terry, or TNT as most of the guys called him, stood 6'8" tall and weighed no less that 280 lbs. Terry had played offensive line for Mississippi State back in the day and had been a shoe-in for a spot in the NFL before a knee injury took him out. Unlike most college football players, Terry had actually gone to school to get an education and he graduated with honors with a degree in criminal justice. Terry worked his way up through the ranks, from patrolman to detective and finally into administration. There had been rumors floating around for a while now that he was on the short list to be the next commissioner. He was certainly qualified but the reality was that he was more likely to get the job based on his race than his qualifications. There were a lot of politicians who thought that Terry's African American heritage would go a long way toward smoothing over race relations between the police department and the public. They might be right.

Terry sat down and so did I.

"This is Callie Barker." Terry said, indicating the blond who was still standing near the door. I looked back at her.

"Hi. Nice to meet you." I said. "Um, Callie, I've got to get up to speed with the Lieutenant on things since I've been out on medical leave for a while. Could you get me a coffee with two creams? Thanks."

Callie looked confused for a second, but then she turned and left the office.

"So, anything on the bomber." I asked. "Anyone take credit for it?

"Not that I know of. The FBI is running with it but so far nothing has come up. It seems like a one-off event." Terry said.

"I don't buy that." I replied. "The bomb was too sophisticated. I think it was someone that has a beef with the department. Why would they wait until the cops showed up to detonate when they could have killed dozens while the food court was occupied?"

"I agree, but so far we have no leads." I'll send you our file and what the FBI has on it. Maybe you'll catch something that'll ring a bell. It'll give you something to do until we can get you approved for active duty."

Just then, Callie returned with my coffee. It was just the way I liked it. I took a sip and sighed to myself. Nasty police department coffee. I was home.

"Thanks Callie, this is perfect." I said.

"I'm glad you like it but don't expect me to fetch you anymore." She said with a hint of anger. I could hear Sal beginning to chuckle from his location in the back corner of the office.

"Sit down Callie." Terry said, indicating the chair next to me. "Roy, let me finish introducing Detective 3rd class Callie Barker to you."

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit." I thought. "No!"

"You're new partner."

Sal's chuckles became hysterical laughter.

**********

Callie followed me as I left Terry's office and headed toward the elevator. I got there and pushed the down button. I didn't look at her as I waited for the car to arrive. The door opened and we walked in. Sal slipped in behind us, a stupid grin on his face.

"Fuck off Sal." I said. "I'm pissed and you're not making things any easier."

"What me?" Sal said, feigning innocence. "I thought you'd be happy having a cheerleader for a partner."

I didn't reply. As soon as the elevator closed Callie spoke.

"I take that you don't want me for a partner." She stated bluntly. I decided to be blunt right back.

"No, I don't."

"Why not? You don't even know me." She said.

"Because I'm not in the mood to train a snot nosed youngster. Hell, I can't even figure out how you made detective so young. Are you another Frederick's? Did your daddy get you a job?" I asked venomously.

How old do you think I am?" She asked.

"Twenty-five." I said immediately.

"Wrong. I'm thirty-one." She said angrily. "I graduated college in two years with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and a minor in accounting from Duke, then did four years as an MP in the Army. I joined the department at twenty-four. I spent two years on patrol then five years in vice, most of that undercover. I passed my detectives exam with a near perfect score. I've qualified as expert on pistol and rifle, I'm SWAT trained and I'm a fourth degree black belt. So don't give me that too young, no experience bullshit. The only thing I lack is a working knowledge of being a detective and I'm hoping to learn that from you. I've been told that you're one of the best."

Her anger caught me by surprise. Perhaps I completely misjudged her.

"All right, I'm sorry." I said. "You're right. I shouldn't have dismissed you based on what I perceived as your youth and inexperience. Let's start over. Hi, I'm Roy Buck."

I put out my hand and she gripped it tightly.

"Callie Barker." She said with a smile. As soon as she smiled I suddenly noticed her as a person instead of an annoyance. She had pretty blue eyes and cute little dimples on her cheek. If she was 5'3" she was pushing it and I noticed that she was wearing black tennis shoes rather than leather, a move that showed me she was more concerned about function than style. I approved. Her suit coat hid what I could tell were modest sized breasts and just from the way she moved I could tell she was an athlete. "I assume you're going to check out your weapon and hit the range for practice?"

"That's the plan, Sarge has me scheduled for this morning."

"Me too." Callie replied as the door opened into the basement of the building. She headed out ahead of me, down the corridor that led to the armory.

"You've got yourself a firecracker there bro!" Sal said as we left the elevator.

"Shut up!" I growled.

Callie was already chatting at the armory window with Harry Simpson, the armory officer, when I got there.

"Hey Roy!" He said. "Glad to see you back."

"Thanks Harry." I replied. "I need to check my gun out."

Harry reached under the window and brought out a shoe box. He removed the lid and dumped a dozen or so mangled parts out onto the window ledge.

"This is what's left of your old service piece." He said with a sad shake of his head. "They tell me the blast tore the holster right off the chest strap. I've got ya covered though. Wait here."

Harry wandered into the back and I could hear him scuffling around. He soon returned carrying another box, this one larger than the shoe box that held the parts of my old 9mm.

"All right Roy, let's see how you like this." Harry reached into the box and pulled out a new Glock 22 along with four extra magazines and a new leather shoulder holster. "This is a little meatier around the grip than your old gun, but it's also a .40 caliber which increases the stopping power. What do you think?" He asked, holding the gun out to me.

I took it and felt the weight in my hand. The grip was a bit wider than I was used to but the gun didn't feel much heavier. I pulled it up into a two hand grip and pointed it at an imaginary target. The sights seemed to line up just fine.

"I'll give it a try." I said.

"Cool. If you don't like the grips let me know, I can get some custom grips that might help. I had to do that with Detective Barker's weapon." Harry said. "Let me get the paperwork on this and you can get going." Harry disappeared into the back again. I took off my jacket and started to try and get the shoulder holster adjusted to my body. I struggled for a minute before Callie stepped in to help.

"Hold still Roy." She said. "Let me get these straps tightened and straightened out then we can fine tune this." She fiddled with the straps and in no time had the holster resting comfortably under my left arm. I slipped the Glock in and buttoned my jacket.

"Can't even see a bulge in your coat. How does it feel?" She asked.

"Not bad. It's a little bit bulkier than my old one." I said. I practiced drawing it a couple of times. She helped me lower it slightly and soon I had it just where I wanted it. Harry came back in with a ream of paper work for me to sign. I signed and initialed and agreed to and whatnot until all the paper pushing was finished. Lastly, Harry handed me a box of 50 service rounds. I loaded the clip in my gun and the extra that fit into the holster. I chambered a round, checked the safety and tucked my new weapon in to my holster.

"Give it to me Roy." Carrie said, holding out her hand. "You aren't allowed to carry this on duty yet. You don't requalify until Thursday."

"Shit." I said, handing it over.

"Don't sweat it. We aren't working anything yet and you'll be busy with me on the range and in training until you're reinstated." She said.

"I know, but I feel naked without my weapon." I said.

"I can fix that." She replied. "Let's get to the range!"

"You're driving."

"You got it boss." she said with a smile.

12