Dreams of Destiny Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“What was so urgent that you had to go to the store tonight, Destiny,” the Colonel asked suddenly. Wanting to resolve things as cleanly as possible “Were you going to meet someone?”

“No, of course not,” Destiny said, startled. “I just had to get a personal item. Its not good to get caught unprepared,” she said coloring.

Unexpectedly, Colonel Rodriguez pulled Destiny into his arms. He kissed her fiercely and thoroughly. She responded, leaning into him with her head back and her throat exposed. He spread her legs slightly with his hard, thick thigh. Then his right hand slipped smoothly into the waistband of her skirt, down into her panties.

Destiny gasped, first with a thrill of pleasure, and then with outraged embarrassment.What the hell did he think he was doing? She jerked away from him.

“Destiny, I know you had a hysterectomy,” he said. You don’t get the monthly visitor anymore. You didn’t need to go to the store. Why did you go there?

“You.. you creep, Destiny sputtered, outraged. I don’t have to tell you anything. She was humiliated. What the hell is wrong with you,,” she cried. She picked up the length of her skirt and started to run towards the hotel.

Oh no you don’t he thought determinedly.You’re not getting away. He caught up with her easily. He pulled her up short.

“Why, Destiny?”

“If you had questions for me why didn’t you just ask them, “ Destiny demanded, furious. Why all the Don Juan crap? Was it all an act? The dinner, the seductive chatter, the kiss at the door? Do you treat all your suspects like this or am I just lucky? What the hell do you want from me? I’m just a government lawyer on vacation..”

You ‘re a hell of a lot more than that and you know it, Destiny, Juan said tightly. You have something, I think, that is to be used against my uncle’s presidency. I don’t know what you’re up to yet but I’m going to find out.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Destiny lied. And I don’t appreciate the fact that you’re spying on me.”

“I’m doing my job. And there’s something more going on here. Something bigger than the two of us. We are being are pulled together by forces that we are just beginning to become aware of. Esteban too, is part of the force. And the tide is turning. You can feel it, can’t you?”

It was true. Destiny could not deny the Colonel’s words. Destiny was still very angry, but she also felt guilty about her lies. She thought about telling him the truth about her trip to the store, but she was frightened. She just wanted to get rid of the damn documents and enjoy the rest of her vacation.

Juan decided to let it go for the moment. “I won’t press you any further tonight. But think about what I’ve said. And if you do have contraband, please consider giving it to me. I will try to help if you are in some kind of trouble.

Destiny’s anger began to cool. She almost told Rodriguez about the package then and there but stopped herself. She was so confused.I don’t know if I can trust him any more than the people who want the package. What have I gotten myself into?

Destiny and the Colonel reached the hotel. “I’ll see you to your room,” the Colonel said.

They walked past a couple of late night tourists on their way to the elevator. They were silent on their way up to Destiny’s room.

“Would you like to come in for a minute?” Destiny asked., “maybe we should talk.”

“Yes, I’ d like that,” said the man. “It would feel good to talk away from the spinning vortexes, the blinks of the eye and the sudden twists of reality.” They headed out towards the balcony. They sat together, their thighs touching and looked at the stars.

“Do you think,” Juan started slowly, “that if I blink right now, and will it to be, I would awake back in my bed alone, having had an interesting dream about a beautiful American lawyer who might be a spy on my island? Can this really be the nature of the fabric the universe is made of? Juan asked in frustration. “NO!” Because you are here as well as I am. And you are real. But if you blink are you going to wake up frustrated again from a dream that was so real your whole essence called out to it and you end up like a child with sand running through your fingers?”

“God help me, I don’t know what is real any more,” Juan said in desperation. “Two years ago I lost a woman I thought I loved, whose nature changed from a pixie to an asp. In one day she changed. Oh, I should have seen it coming, but I didn’t. I hid my head in the sand. And had it handed to me by my brother.

“Evil, however, is something that is real. Evil courses through Esteban’s veins. and springs up under his feet where he walks. That is real. You’ve met him before, I know you have. I could see it on your face when you looked at him in the restaurant.”

Destiny’s cell phone shrilled. The couple froze. Destiny knew the call was about the trip to the store. She didn’t want to pick up the phone.

“Aren’t you going to answer it?" asked Juan

“No one knows me down here,” Destiny said with a shrug. “It’s a wrong number.”

“Pick it up,” said the colonel

She complied.

“Why did you bring the Colonel to the store,” an irritated voice said over the phone. I couldn’t meet up with you. I will call you tomorrow with instructions.”

Destiny kept her face straight. She acted like the call had been a wrong number. “I hate all this new technology,” Destiny said “you get bothered by everybody and their brother and then they charge you for it”

“So it was a wrong number?” Colonel asked.

“Yes”

“You have met my brother before, I could see it in your eyes.”

“No.... Destiny closed her eyes for a moment and thought hard.Can I trust him? God, I hope so. “Actually, yes, I think I do know him. I think he’s someone I’ve known since I was fourteen, in one guise or another. I’d call him a bastard, a sexual pervert and possibly a killer. I’ve pissed him off and I’ve pissed on him too.”

Juan was surprised that he connection went back so far. He wondered what else Esteban had done over the years. He was cheered by her words. It was good to know that another person knew the nature of this particular beast.

“There’s something else,” Destiny said, hesitantly.

“What is it?”

“You aren’t always Juan Rodriguez.”

“Si, I know.” He said. He flashed her a grin. John Rodgers, Mr. Youth Division, at your service, ma’am, he said.

Destiny laughed. “You should have seen Elaine giggling helplessly while she told me about your election.”

“Are you sure it was my election she was talking about?”

“She’s too dignified to have described anything else.”

“Yeah, Right”

Juan and Destiny enjoyed a moment of laughter. Then Juan pulled Destiny to him. “I want you Destiny. You’ve gotten under my skin and in my blood.” He reached for her. She moved closer to him.

“Oh God, yes,” Destiny sighed. They stood together in the moonlight. Then they were all fingers and hands. Mouths and teeth met, tongues entwined, lips nipped and sucked. They pulled each other’s clothing off not bothering with buttons or snaps. They kissed and nibbled at each other. Then he ran his hand down her neck, through her hair, down her spine as they faced each other. Her hands were lost in his hair. He touched the entrance to her womanhood, just briefly.

They moved over to the bed and lay down face to face. He flicked his tongue down to her breasts. He kissed her tenderly, and suckled each breast in turn. She sighed his name.

Destiny’s nerves were alive with pleasure. This is where her little voice usually starts chiming inNo. Do it this way. Oh wrong. Not again. The voice was silent. There was music playing in Destiny’s head.

Juan drew his tongue down toe center of Destiny’s body, and played a little with her belly button. Destiny’s feet began to wiggle. “You like that” Juan laughed, deeply, seductively..

“Oh yes, but hurry.”

“No,” Juan said. “there’s no hurry.”

“If I stay like this long I’ll die of unsatisfied pleasure,” Destiny laughed, breathless.

“You won’t die. You’ll wake up satisfied and happy in my bed fat as a sow with 14 children,” Juan said, chuckling.

“No,” Destiny laughed, “You wouldn’t do that to me.”

“No,” Juan agreed.

He moved further down the bed. he played with the dark hairs on her pelvis. And when he was sure she was truly ready, he slid his tongue over her clitoris and captured it, sucking ever so gently. He slid two fingers into her.

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, Destiny screamed. She jerked uncontrollably with the strength of her orgasms. They kept coming and coming. Nothing had ever prepared her for this sensation. And just when she was about to catch her breath, Juan drove his cock into her with a devilishly firm thrust and sent her over the top again. She yelled out loud as she came again.

INTERLUDE

There were bells ringing all over the hill top. Destiny was a tiny little child running in a field of green grass speckled with white flowers. The sky was a rainbow of colors. Destiny ran so fast that she began to fly. She sprouted wings and flew up over the hill. OH NO it was dark out there. She should turn back. But it was too late.

Chapter XXII

Destiny awoke stiff and sticky on a park bench outside of Fair View Park. It was late. She squinted into the flashlight that was being shone into her eyes by the young police officer standing in front of her.

“Are you the woman who called about a murder in the amusement park?” a half friendly voice asked, as Destiny stretched and stood up.

“Yeah,” Destiny said. “What time is it, anyway.”

“Its 1130 p.m.. You sure look like you were part of a murder. Good God, what happened to you? Are you hurt, miss?” I’m Roy, by the way, and this’ my partner, Davy.”

Destiny realized that her jumpsuit had gotten blood on it during her trek through the bowels of the amusement park.

“No, I wasn’t hurt. I just had the life scared out of me. Your dispatcher didn’t want to take me seriously, either”

“Heck, she’s a good kid,” Roy said, “but she doesn’t have much experience concerning murders. We don’t get many murders around here.

“You’re lucky for that” Destiny said.

“I got the keys to the Park and to the House of Horrors. That’s what took us so long to get here. We had to go out and raise the manager or the park. He was none too pleased.

They walked up to the gate. Roy let them in. They headed off towards the House of Horrors. The park looked old and tired and not at all sinister. “Where did you say the incident happened” Roy asked Destiny as they approached the entrance.

“Inside.” Destiny shivered. She felt like she was being watched. “On the second floor there’s a large room with a bunch of stupid pop up creatures.”

“Yeah, I remember that room,” Davy said.

Roy and Davy started in. They had two bright flashlights.

“Hey, don’t you want to turn on the lights of the exhibit? You could see better that way.”

The two cops looked at each other. They weren’t very happy about this assignment suddenly. “No. Let’s just do it,” Davy said. “Probably nothing there at all.” An owl hooted in the distance, startling them.

“Well, lets get to it,” Davy said gamely. The two young cops started walking. Destiny kept track of their progress by watching the little bits of light that escaped through holes in the poorly maintained old exhibit. She saw when they found the stairs and headed to the second floor. There was a few moment’s pause. Then OH CHRIST, HOLY SHIT!, GODDAMN, and the sound of one of the cops losing his dinner on the floor of the haunted house.

“Man oh man,” Roy groaned. “I never want to see nothing like that again. At least not without some warning. He shook his head in dismay as he exited the exhibit with his partner. “What do you know about all this, ma’am,” Roy asked. “We’re going to have to bring you in for questioning.”

“You don’t think I...”

“No, but you know something or else you wouldn’t have called it in.”

They started back towards the main gate. Davy stopped in his tracks. “Did you hear something?” he asked.

“No, Destiny said.”

“Shh said Davy”

“Hey, hey, let me out,” they heard a faint call from inside the house of horrors.

“Oh shit,” said Roy, drawing his gun, maybe we got us a murderer.”

“Not likely,” Davy responded. A murderer asking to be caught?”

“Well someone else is in that fucking exhibit. And he can’t have been up to anything good.”

“Too true.” They looked at each other grimly.

“Hey,” Davy said lightly, “just another normal Friday night, slick. Right?” He pushed on towards the exhibit with false bravado.

The voice was coming from the far end of the exhibit. The exit.

Destiny waited, shivering in the shadows of the old rides.

“Identify yourself,” Roy called to the voice.”

“I’m a cop,” John Rodgers called from the other side of the door. “I’m not the killer. I got trapped in the exhibit after closing. I ran inside after hearing a scream.”

The two young cops relaxed visibly, but kept their weapons ready.

“Okay. We’re going to open up the door. Come out with your hands over your head. John was instructed.

John came blinking out of the darkness with his hands up. The cops grabbed his ID and patted him down before putting away their weapons.

“Did you find the bodies,” John wanted to know?

“Was that bodies, plural” Davy asked with disgust. “Shit, no. We just got a red head.”

“There’s another body near the exit of the exhibit,” John said grimly. He looked like a security guard.”

Davy narrowed his eyes. “You were in there a good long while. Why weren’t you killed too?” he asked suddenly suspicious.

“I don’t know.” John stared him down. “Maybe he didn’t know I was in there. Maybe I didn’t fit into his plan. There was someone else in there as well.”

Destiny walked out of the shadows. “Hello John. We meet in the strangest places don’t we she said.”

“You know each other?” Davy asked in disbelief. “What is this, some sick game the two of you are playing.”

“God, no. Of course not.” Destiny said. “We just seem to keep meeting by coincidence is all.” The four headed to the police car.

“We have to call this in,” Roy said. “Its going to be a long night.” “You may as well lay back and try to get a little shut eye before the circus starts.”

Roy made the call.

Destiny groaned. “I have my car, and my hotel’s not too far away from here. Couldn’t I just go, and make my statement at the police station in the morning.”

“No, under the circumstances, I don’t see how I could possibly let you leave here without a police officer”

“Am I under arrest?”

“No. But the circumstances, are so unusual. I’d have to have you cleared through the police station and that’s not going to happen for a good long while yet tonight.

John put his arm around Destiny.

“Just be glad for the pause in the action, kid.,” he said. “Think about where we’ve been over the past few days.”

“Yeah, Destiny said, dourly, my butt’s starting to get drag marks on it.”

“Have you had any chance to sit and think about what’s really happening” John asked Destiny.

“No, I just keep getting pushed and pulled, here and there. “There’s an island out there that I’d really like to get back to.” Destiny flushed.

“What? John joked. Tired of Mr. Youth Division already?”

“I don’t know Mr. Youth Division the way I know this other, um, person.”

“Am I going to have to compete for you with my own alter ego? Good Lord. Life is getting more and more difficult by the moment.

“Oh, come on John, you don’t even know me. For all you know I could be the most insipid, boring person this side of the Rockies. Are you so hormone driven that you can’t hang out with a woman without preparing yourself to jump her bones?

“No Destiny. I’ve known you for a good long time, I think. Its just that the pieces of memory are so fractured... Somehow I think we’ve bounced around this amusement park before.

“You’ve got a point there. But what’s different this time?”

“In the past, sequences have played through without analytical stop action. And the shifts in reality weren’t so noticeable until lately.

“Lately being how long?”

“About two years,” John said.

“Did anything of significance happen to bring about the change in awareness for you?” Destiny asked.

“Nothing dramatic or traumatic. There would just be little snippets of things, like, I’d find myself saying “hold up, this is a dream,” and then POP, I’d be back in my bedroom. Or I’d be walking in a sequence and suddenly I’d become frozen n place, and then I’d find myself back where ever I was sleeping,” John explained.

“That’s pretty similar to how it is for me,” Destiny agreed. Also, there’s some kind of bleed through effect in my bedroom. Sometimes when I’m on the edge of sleep, music or chat from like a radio or TV station filters through into my room, but there is no radio or TV there. The other morning it sounded like there was heavy construction going on outside my bathroom wall. But that’s impossible.

“Sounds like you’re delusional from lack of sleep”

“No, I’m serious John. I think its part of the phenomenon. Haven’t you ever noticed how sometimes in dreams you try to grab a person’s hand but it will not be reachable. Its like the person is on another plane or something. And it seems like the planes of dream or reality or whatever are swinging and shifting more violently than they used to. I don’t know if this is a splintering or disintegration of the normal order or an aspect of reality we haven’t yet experienced.”

“You’ve been putting a lot of thought into this,” John said.

“Yeah, well, I sleep a lot.

“Do you?” Or are you enacting other sequences when you are asleep?”

“All I know,” said Destiny, “is I can go to bed at 7 p.m. on a Friday night and not get up, except to pee and refuel until 8 a.m. Monday morning.”

“How much time elapses in your sleep world during your sleep fests?”

“God, I don’t know. It could be months, years even. I’ve been back and forth to Paris so often in my sleep. I toured Europe one summer last week. Some mornings I wake up thinking I’ve worked for a week for a law firm I despise but can’t remember the name of.”

“Let me ask you this,” John continued, “where are we now?”

Destiny hesitated. “I see where you’re going with this. Its 1980 and I’m in Florida on a post-graduation vacation, BUT, here’s the paradox, I actually never took that trip and its really 1998. I’m a government lawyer involved in a long term relationship off on a fantasy vacation that and I’m in bed dreaming about a murder in an amusement park.”

“Or,” John said, “Maybe you did take that vacation. When you got back you broke things off with your lover and lived an entirely different life. You created Juan Rodriguez as an erotic fantasy to help you sleep at night. You blocked out your memory of Officer John Rodgers in Florida in 1980 because of post traumatic stress syndrome. Your PTSS has led you to have vague fears about a serial killer stalking you. You have had horrible nightmares about the killer and his victims. Finally things are coming to a head in your dream life. You started seeing. Dr. Phaeton to help bring some control and normality into your life.”

“Stop it John. Christ, where did you get all that stuff?. I haven’t told you squat about myself. How come you’re all of a sudden an expert on the workings of my mind?

“I told you Destiny, we’ve known each other for a very long time.”

“All right John, what about you. Who are you and you are you here now?”

“I decided to visit Fair View Park on a whim when I read it was closing down for good. I had a couple of childhood holidays here. I wanted to revisit happy memories.

“I’m a cop on the West Palm Beach Police force and I’m trying to make homicide detective. That’s my ambition. Or maybe that was a dream. Really, I’m Colonel Juan Rodriguez, head of San Angeles Island security, hand picked successor of President Rodriguez, my uncle, who is planning to step down in a few years. Its 1998. I have just made love to a beautiful American woman who I suspect is involved in a plot against my uncle’s regime. All I have to do at this moment is blink my eyes and POUF, I’ll be back on San Angeles’s Island, in bed with my lover.”

1...45678...13