Enemy in the Shadows

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Teri Bishop, the Angel of Death! Are you sure it was her? Silly question. We have to go with it just in case. We need her badly, Peter.'

'Yes I know, sir. But I'd like permission to take Riona out of the area. I know this Bishop woman of old. Gun for hire. She doesn't care who she has to hit. Very loyal to the boyos.'

'Can we be sure?'

'I'm certain. It was just a momentary glimpse, but I trust my memory. It was her and we're all in danger while she's on the loose. I'd like to take Riona somewhere safe.'

'That would be the worst possible thing you could do. This girl you brought back from Ulster is almost certainly their target. This gives us an excellent chance of nabbing one of the IRA's best operatives.'

'You're willing to sacrifice an innocent civilian?'

'If necessary, yes. You know the rules Peter. Is one civilian worth risking for a top IRA operative? The answer's yes.

'Not this civilian sir. She's very special to me and I'm not putting her at risk.'

'I didn't mean it literally. I'm not asking you to put this girl at risk. All I'm saying is keep her in the area and give us a chance to get one of their big guns.'

'Ok. Fair enough, sir. But if I consider she's in any immediate danger, I'll move her out.'

'Right, well, we already have an agent in the area. You're there, and if anything happens I can send whatever it takes to get this woman. Strictly speaking, I can't order you to do anything. You're on leave. But I would take it as a personal favour if you were willing to run with this. It would be counted as active duty, so your leave wouldn't commence until after it was all sorted.'

'Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't hesitate. But Riona and I have become very close and I should hate for anything to happen to her.'

'So should I, Sergeant, but you're a soldier and you have a duty. There's a lot at stake here. We know at least one of them is in the area. And now, thanks to you, we can be on the lookout for them. This would be a tremendous blow against the IRA .'

Peter sighed. He wasn't expecting anything else, but at least he'd tried. 'You spoke of another one of ours here. How come I didn't know about him?'

'When you were due leave, we thought it might be a good idea to watch you, in case anybody was after you. When you picked up this girl from an IRA area, it seemed an even better idea. He'll contact you, when you get back. You'll have twenty four seven access to us for the foreseeable future. I'm not going to give you instructions. You know how to go about this sort of job. It's in your hands. Good Luck.

When he got back to Denbury, he received a bit of good news. His parents had opted for a holiday in the Highlands, so he could relax as far as they were concerned. He made himself some coffee and at that moment Riona and Jenny came laughing and crashing into the kitchen. 'Well, look here. It's a nice handsome soldier. Have you come to rape and pillage us, nice soldier? I still haven't been raped and pillaged yet.'

'Jenny, love. I have to speak to Riona for a minute.'

'Oh, Ok. No problem I'll be in the drawing room.'

'What is it, Peter? You sound very serious.'

He got her up to date on everything that had happened. She nodded and said, 'That is serious, isn't it?'

'Well, hopefully we can manage. I'll die before I let anyone touch you or Jenny.'

'I know you would. But we'd prefer you alive.'

'There's a complication.'

'Apart from being stalked by killers, you mean? What is it?'

'The risk is more real because of what happened between us in that forest. I'd like your permission to tell Jenny about it. If she's going to be at risk, it's only fair she has all the information before deciding whether to go or not.'

'That's no problem. We're quite close now. I don't mind her knowing.'

He kissed her and called Jenny back. He explained everything to her and she cried.

'What's wrong?' He asked, anxiously.

'I've never heard of anything so romantic in all my life. Oh Peter -- I'm so proud of you.' She said, putting her arms around him and kissing him. No wonder I love you so much.'

'And I'm proud of you, too, Jenny. Now, we must make arrangements to get you away from here. We have to stay, as targets, but at least we can get you away.'

'That's a joke, right? My darling brother's in danger and my best friend, Riona and you think I'm going to run away? No chance.'

'Look....'

'Don't bloody argue. I'm going nowhere.'

'If you're sure that's what you want.' She glared at him and he continued, 'I still don't know who this agent is that's supposed to be on our side.'

'That's easy. I can tell you that.'

'What? How on earth...well, go on then.'

'Only if you promise not to try and send me away.'

'Agreed.'

'It's Spike.'

'How on earth do you know that.'

'I did him a favour one day. He has a drop in Exeter. An old guy. I simply had to go and meet him and pass on some information that he needed. He told me it was part of a special job he has. Now you've mentioned an agent here, it all makes sense.'

'He put you in danger.'

'There was no danger. It was just a simple task. Even a thicky like me could manage it.'

'He put you in danger and I'm going to kill the bastard.'

'Darling Peter, I'm extremely flattered that you're so worried about me, but wouldn't it be sort of silly to kill him? I thought it was the other side you were supposed to go after.'

He smiled and put his arm around her, 'Never think I don't worry about you, Jenny.'

'I know, darling, but I want just a little bit more than worry.'

'Where are you going, Peter? Can't you stay here with us?'

'I'm going to confide in my associate. Don't worry, Riona. I won't be long.'

He found Spike in the barn. He was sitting on a bale of hay, smoking.

'Peter, nice to see you again.'

'Stand up.'

Puzzled, Spike stood up. Peter punched him bang on the jaw. He went down pole axed. Leaning on one elbow, he looked up at Peter. 'What the hell was that for?'

'You ever put my sister in danger again, and the next time I'll fucking kill you. Are we clear?'

'Sure. It was unavoidable, but ok.' He said, climbing to his feet. 'Now we've got that cleared up, what's the plan?'

'You'd better come up to the house. Bring your things. I want you to live up there for the time being. Those girls go nowhere without either you or me.'

'Ok. I'll get my things together. Shouldn't take long. I'll see you up there.' He held out his hand and they shook hands.

Terri felt excited. Things were moving forward and something was bound to take off soon. Mind you, Walker had almost had her in Ireland. Hm. What were the dangers? Apart from the humans, there were three dogs. Kept as pets really, but at night, they had the run of the place. The electrified fence was no trouble. She could handle that easy enough. So, over the fence, figure a way to sort the dogs out and then what? Three people in the house. The SAS thug would undoubtedly be in with the tart from Coalisland. She was no trouble, but he was trouble big time.

Jenny was a bit of a mystery. Was she carrying messages for someone or was she on her own? And the labourer, what was his role, if any, in all this? How could she divide them? If only she could get Jenny on her own. It was obvious that they weren't going to let that cow Riona, out of their site. But maybe she could get Jenny on her own, somehow.

She kept thinking of the labourer. There was something about him that didn't add up. What was it. Maybe he was the one in the barn that day. The one that Jenny had laughed and chatted to, while coolly climbing into her knickers. Of course! Christ, she thought, I'm so stupid - the one called Spike! He was all over her that night at the night club. Bingo.

She needed -- what was his name now? Spike -- that was it. She needed him to come into town. Then she'd phone and if what was her name -- Jenny answered, she'd say he'd had an accident and could she come straight away.

Nope. Not realistic. Why would she leave the house, just on her say so? Because she'd say she had him captive. Capturing him in broad daylight would be near impossible. But she didn't have to capture him. All she had to do was convince Jenny she'd captured him. How could she do that? Someone screaming. A recording. Yes! It could work. The plan could be cancelled if the wrong person answered the phone.

Now she waited. She needed Spike to come into town. If she could, she would put his car out of commission.

Was there a better way. Backtrack. Could she capture Spike? He was obviously heterosexual. If he came into town, could she get on the road and pretend to have broken down?

Too risky. If he sussed her out, she was dead. Or he could simply ignore her pleas for help. Nope. She needed him to come into town. Her original plan had the beauty of not disclosing who she was if it didn't work.

Chapter 6

'What's wrong, my little choochy face?'

'What makes you think there's anything wrong?' she smiled up at him.

'I always know when my favourite girl -- what's her name now? Oh yes, Jenny- is worrying over something.'

She hit him playfully and said, 'That's for pretending not to know my name.

'Seriously,' Spike asked, 'what's wrong?'

'Nothing really. I'm just short of a few girly things and Peter nearly bit my head of when I asked if I could go into town.'

'Perhaps I could get them for you?'

'No! Don't even think it. Peter would go ape shit if you tried that one.'

'No problem. I've got to go in anyway. There's some stuff we've got to get and it's worth the small risk of me going in. So give me a list and I can get your stuff at the same time.'

'Ok. But promise me you won't go out just for me?'

'I'd do anything for you.'

'I know you would darling, but I don't want you taking any risks. Peter can be a tyrant if he's crossed.'

'I know that.' He said, ruefully rubbing his jaw..

'I love this old barn.'

'Why?'

'Don't you remember? This is where you kissed me for the first time.'

'Ah yes. That was when I thought you were sweet and innocent?'

'I was sweet and innocent, until you got your grubby paws on me. Anyway, I haven't paid you back yet for that spanking.'

'Paid me back? You mean paid me. You loved it.'

'I did not.'

'So how come after I spanked you, as soon as I put my finger in your pussy, you were soaking wet and you went as limp as doll. Not struggling after that, were you?'

'You are so rude! What did I ever see in you?'

He grabbed hold of her and kissed her. Parting her lips, she raised herself to meet his kiss. The touch of his lips on hers aroused her immediately. It never ceased to amaze her how his kisses always managed to set her pulse racing and make her weak kneed and moist, all at the same time.. With an effort, she pulled away, panting.

'Oh yes' she laughed, 'I remember what I see in you now. You make me so bloody horny!'

'You want more.' He accused.

'Of course I do. You only have to touch me and I want more.' She ran her hand over the course material of his jeans and laughed at the hardness of his arousal. 'And so do you.'

'Can I kiss you again, please?'

'Of course you can, my love, but no hanky panky. That brother of mine would go mad if he knew we were out here.'

The next day, Terri had all but decided to abandon her plan and try a direct assault. She'd spent ages looking for just one of the party to be seen outside the estate without any luck at all.

And then she saw Spike striding to the pub. He carried an empty shopping bag and he was going into the pub. That meant, with luck, he was going to give her enough time to carry out her plan.

Within fifteen minutes she was parked just up the road from Treloske. She took out her mobile and dialled. At first there was no answer and she was just about to give up. But then somebody answered.

'Hello?'

'Hello, is that Jenny?'

'Yes it is. Who's calling please?'

'You don't know me Jenny, but here's what you're going to do..'

'Who is this?'

'Shut up and listen. I have Spike.' She heard Jenny suck in her breath. 'I want you to come to the main gate and walk two hundred yards up the road in the Exeter direction.'

'Why should I?'

'Because if you don't, I'm going to kill him.'

'How do I know you have Spike?'

'I'll hurt him a little and then you can judge for yourself. Listen.' She put her recorder up to the machine and played the voice of a man being beaten and crying out.

'Please' Jenny cried. Don't hurt him. I'll do as you say.'

'Be quick and make sure nobody sees you.'

Chapter Seven

A few minutes later, Jenny was bundled into the boot of Terri's car and whisked away into town. She hadn't felt the prick of the hypodermic that Terri jabbed into her bottom. In seconds she was unconscious. Terri drove unhurriedly back to her house. She could hardly believe her luck.

She was almost on the point of giving up on her original plan. Seeing Spike and knowing that Jenny could be reached without interference from him was a great stroke of luck. Now all she had to do was make the right approach to her target and it would be game over.

It was a struggle to get Jenny out of the boot and down the stairs into the cellar gym, but eventually she made it. By the time she got there, Jenny's light summary dress had been torn to shreds and she pulled the remainder off, leaving her in just a brief pair of knickers. She had an old fashion gym horse in the cellar. The sort that gymnasts train by vaulting over it. It had several brackets on it. She could tie her victim into one of several positions. She was quite proud of the way she had utilised this old equipment for her purpose.

She used cuffs to secure her victim hand and foot to the horse. Satisfied with her completed tasks, she shut the door and went upstairs for a well-earned drink.

When Jenny came to, a feeling of dread swept over her. Where was Spike? Why had she been undressed? Who was that woman? So many questions and not one answer. She heard someone moving around upstairs. She tried calling out, but it seemed nobody could hear her. A wave of loneliness and despair swept over her. It seemed no time at all since she'd been laughing and joking with Spike. Oh Spike. Where are you? Are you safe?

Just then the door opened and Terri walked in. Jenny stared at her for a moment. She was sure she'd seen this girl somewhere before, but she couldn't recall where. 'Where's Spike?' She asked.

'By now, I should think he's finished his pint and completed his shopping and gone back to the estate.'

'You mean he's unharmed? You haven't harmed him? What am I doing here? Who are you?'

'Tsk, tsk, so many questions. I haven't harmed him. I haven't seen him for some time. I used a trick on you to separate you from the others. Now I have to use you to get to that bitch of a traitor you're all protecting'

Jenny felt a huge sigh of relief. Spike was ok. God, she hadn't realised how much she loved the big lug. Then she realised how stupid she'd been. She couldn't believe how easily she'd been taken in. But at least the others were safe for the time being.

'Aren't you going to introduce yourself? It hardly seems fair that you know my name but I don't know yours?'

Terri regarded her captive for a moment without saying anything. Then she slapped her, across the face. Jenny eyes watered but she was determined not to cry in front of this bitch.

'Now, just shut up and listen. If you do as I say, no harm will come to you. My name's unimportant. Now that you're my captive, I'll persuade your prick of a brother to give me that cow of a traitor to me in exchange for you.'

Jenny laughed, 'Are you mad! My brother will do no such thing. You obviously don't know him very well.'

'I think when he hears you begging for help, he might see things my way. Let me show you something.' She touched one of Jenny's nipples. 'You can get so much pleasure when someone is kind to these, like this,' she said, softly caressing and teasing the nipple. 'See how it responds? How it's grown in your excitement?' She bent and licked gently at the now aroused nipple. Then she squeezed hard and Jenny screamed with the sudden onslaught of pain.

'You bitch! I won't beg for help. You've wasted your time.'

'You think so do you? You're very brave. But I have a job to do and if you think pinching your nipple is the worst that's going to happen to you, you're sadly mistaken. Anyway, your scream will do the job. When I play it back to your brother, he'll do as I say.'

'He's not my brother,' Jenny said, automatically.

'It doesn't matter one way or another,' she said, leaving Jenny to her thoughts.

Jenny struggled against her bonds but it was in vain. She was tied both hand and foot. She was glad that Spike wasn't in danger but she feared for Peter. She knew that if it came down to it, he would offer himself in exchange for her. She wondered who this woman was and why she was after Peter. She supposed it had to be something to do with his job in Ireland. Her breast had bruised up a little and it was a bit sore, but her greater discomfort came from her bonds. Being tied so that it was almost impossible to move was far more uncomfortable that she would ever have imagined.

'Riona, have you seen Jenny?' Spike asked.

'Not for some time. The last time I saw her, she was down by the main gate. I thought it was strange but she quite often wanders round. Especially when she's looking for you.' She smiled.

'I'm worried. I had to go into town for a few things and I haven't seen her since I came back.'

'What's the problem?'

Spike jumped, he hadn't realised Peter had come up behind him, 'Christ, Peter, I wish you wouldn't do that. You scared the life out of me. It's Jenny. We haven't seen her for a while.' Peter's face took on a look that Riona recognised. It was the look he had in the woods that day, when looking for the IRA thugs.

'When did you last see her?'

'Just before I went into town. She was here, by the house then.'

'Riona?'

'She was by the gate. I thought...Oh Christ! Why didn't I stop her?' she started crying and Peter put his arm around her. 'That's not helping, darling. Nobody's blaming you. It's as much my fault as anybody's. I've been in that top field for far too long. I should have been more cautious. We've got to try and work this out. She was obviously lured out somehow. Riona, go into the house and lock the door. If the phone rings, ignore it. Open the door only for me and Spike. Spike, we'll take the Land Rover and go and have a look by the gate.

It took them five minutes to find Jenny's mobile. 'Good girl' Peter said, 'She was obviously suspicious. That's why she left her mobile. She was collected and moved from here by a car of some sort. There's nothing more here. Let's go back to the house.

Back at the house, Riona made coffee for them. 'What are you doing Peter?' Riona was curious watching Peter removing some sort of electronic gadget from the phone.

'It's special equipment I was ordered by the Regiment to install. It can call up the history of all incoming calls received by this phone for the last forty eight hours. When I've got that, we may have some clue as to how Jenny was lured out of here. Unfortunately, it'll take a while to process the information.'

They had another coffee and by that time, Peter's gadget had come up with the goods. There were several incoming calls that were easily accountable, but the last call was a number withheld .

'Right. We'll check this out. I'll phone HQ and get a helicopter down here and send them this information. They'll give us some details on the number that we can use to get a signalling device working. Then we need whoever has this phone to make a call and, hopefully, we'll be able to get a location. I'm pretty sure it's that bitch, Terri Bishop. More importantly, as soon as she uses it, or leaves it switched on, we'll have a chance of locating her.