All Comments on 'Exploited for Money'

by beckylin

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Well written; seems real; made me think

This is a very well-written piece. I don't know if it was a real experience, but it seems real. I'm also unsure about how to 'read' it. On the surface, the girl is obviously distressed by the end, and it was clearly an unpleasant and degrading experience. On the other hand, it's presented to us here for voyeuristic use - it's exhibited to us - so is there an undercurrent of something else there? I don't know, but that doubt is part of the experience of reading the story.

I was pleased that the story didn't pull any punches. The girl was obviously exploited and forced when she might, perhaps, have been persuaded and encouraged instead. That is, she might, possibly, have enjoyed making pornography in other circumstances, if she'd been allowed to express her sexuality by herself and under her own control. I wasn't surprised by the cruelty of the man in the story - and I know that's in me too to some extent - but it's a shame that pornography is made like this and that women are forced into degradation. What we want to see, I think, is abandon - ecstasy. But we (men at least) don't trust the ecstatic porn star: we think (perhaps we know) she's faking it for money. So we ask for something recognizably 'real' - distress. The girl's discomfort, shame and distress are used to 'prove' that the experience is real. There's a vicious almost-circle here. We chase the real in porn, and the producers constantly fabricate it. So the only 'satisfying' pornography is the forced and violent. And that must be very wrong. Pornography produced like that is dirty in the wrong sense. Pornography should be transgressive but it should be excited and joyful. Not transgressive and repugnant.

I think this story will stay with me for some time, whether it's fact or fiction. Thank you very much for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Exploited For Money

Makes you think about things. Unfortunate for all women to get used like this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I'm sorry

Overall, I find no technical fault with the story, and it was quite well-written. However, I get the distinctly awful feeling that it actually did happen. If not, please forgive me for being forward, but if so, I am very, very sorry that it did, Ms. Lin. Were you ever able to turn the bastards in? I don't know how that process works in the UK, but if you haven't done so already, I'd urge you to consider it: they'll likely keep doing it with more women otherwise. Again, if this is fiction, I apologize for being forward, but I just wanted to express my concern.

walkingeaglewalkingeagleover 16 years ago
Great litttle fantasy!

I enjoyed this! I wish she would have enjoyed it more though!

Keep up the good work!

walkingeaglewalkingeagleover 16 years ago
Great litttle fantasy!

I enjoyed this! I wish she would have enjoyed it more though!

Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Unusually realistic

and well-written. The descriptions of first-time anal play and deep-throating were dead-on accurate. If this was a real experience, my sympathy. If imagined, all I can say is you are talented and have a superb imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Truly awful

My goodness! I use to model and I know the studio where this took place. Thats awful what happened to you. You should have called the police because they will continue to get away with this shit. What absolute fuckers. Makes my blood boil

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
that was sick!

Sick!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous