All Comments on 'Farewell to the Dancing Man'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago

A good beginning to a story about a marriage on the edge of a cliff. There were quite a few errors, but nothing that took away from the story line. You broke the story at just the right point and now we have to wait to see what develops from the wife's stupidity and her daughters discovery. I suppose the detective, Brownlow, is the most developed character, but not a very nice person. Frankly, none of the characters are particularly likeable at this point, but perhaps some socially redeeming values will raise up from the muck as the story develops. On reflection, my comments seem pretty negative, but I am reacting to your depiction of the natural beauty of the scene you described and the nice house in contrast with all who live within the house.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Put It Back to Bed

it is DEFINITELY your early work!!!

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
IS THIS A RE-INCARNATE OF THE BATES MOTEL

or a MOMMY DEAREST review. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Husbands should not work too hard?

Nothing like someone screwing around because her husband is exhausted from his work. The partnership should be dissolved but there are two kids in the mix. What to do? Or better yet, what will the daughter do? Perhaps she will want the play toy for herself? Do you think that the Detective Sargent checked out the crime site?

And the dead man? This seems to be a JPB specialty piece!

We thank CMGM for digging out this one.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Ah yes shit storm -

She has earned it - will she suffer through it or win for being unfaithful?? Explanations are not excuses.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
To Serve & Protect

Cmm, I like the style of this story. I would have guessed that you had rewritten it to your present level of skill.

However, I can't say that I'm up on the design of septic tanks. The question I have how did an adult body get in there?

Plus, I thought that septic tanks have to be pumped out every year or two. Especially in areas prone to flooding? How did the skeleton stay intact through that turbulence?

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
Another one

This is the second story by this author I have started to read and by the end of the first page I just gave up on it.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
FROM A CORPSE TO A PLUMBER TO A COP

the best is yet to come. TK U MLJ LV NV

mcollectmcollectover 5 years ago
To be continued?

You can't just stop this story where it is!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...