Fi Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At the café Fi said, "I'm only saying this because I have a reason and you've not to say anything to your mom, okay?"

"Right."

"Gwen and Charlie had their first row this morning. She'd risen even before me because she's now really into her novel and he came out complaining to me that she's lost interest in morning sex already. I said Gwen had something more important on her mind, and I accept that was a stupid thing to say. Charlie went off and they began rowing and it went on for some minutes. The F-word received a good workout on both sides. Then you mom flew out and said it was inflammatory of me to tell Charlie she thought writing was more important than morning playtime and I apologized and she cooled down and said she guessed Charlie had come to me bellyaching and I had only responded, as she would have done. She turned up the stereo loud and went to the bedroom and slammed the door. They both came to breakfast smiling."

"Well isn't all that normal behavior?"

"It could be but my parents don't scrap like a cat and a dog. I don't like it. So that's the background. I'm going to look for my own home. You are welcome to shift in with me and just give me the amount Gwen pays to your present landlady.

"It isn't much."

"It will do. I also think I've been influenced by the comfortable nest Jerry and his woman have."

"Her name is Marlene," Scott said and met Fi's gaze without flinching.

"Thank you for correcting me," Fi said but didn't say the name.

Scott decided nothing much was to be gained from making her say Marlene.

"Well that's fine. I have to give two weeks' notice to my landlady."

"Fine darling so give her notice tonight. I ought to find something ready to walk into PDQ."

"What's that?"

"Pretty damn quick. I'm thinking of an apartment, a ground floor one with it's own piece of lawn and garden. I've become use to eating out under a tree in this lovely weather."

"Well you won't find anything around here you can afford."

"Who knows until one tries Scott, man of little faith?"

He grinned and said she sounded back to her old self.

"Well keep me there by not mentioning that bitch's name."

He steered the conversation back to where it was earlier. "Are you sure you like me well enough to live with me?"

"Need you ask? If I didn't like you and feel comfortable with you Scott you wouldn't be permitted to enjoy the liberties you are having with me."

"Er yeah, of course. Need I say more?" he grinned.

Later, being home alone, Fi wondered about her future with Gwen. A change had occurred with Charlie moving in, Gwen now having to give him some of the time she's devoted to Fi. So Fi doubted that her learning curve maintain its current momentum with Gwen being otherwise occupied. Also Charlie was already bringing out a harder side to Gwen that had been unapparent before. She began wondering whether Gwen would have being happier staying in her independent state and then decided that wasn't for her to decide.

It was only 3:30 so Fi called the first of five letting agents she have picked out. From the first two it would appear she'd have to pay from $350 a week for a basic single bedroom flat [apartment] and up to $200 plus for a luxury unit. Fi decided a basic unit would be fine. Gwen was paying her $600 all found [food and lodgings] for working five hours a day, six days a week. She decided to suggest to Gwen she work Monday to Friday for five hours a day for the same amount and no food and lodgings. She could point out the word had increased, especially in the laundry, since Charlie's arrival. She could get by without drawing on her capital, now largely invested, because Scott had indicated he'd switch to Fi his mom's payment to his landlady of $120 a week, subject to Gwen's approval.

CHAPTER 7

The person at the third agency Fi called appeared most interested in Fi's situation and even more so when Fi mentioned her partner's name of Scott Mace, a long-time local resident.

"Oh I know Scott; we went through high school together. Please wait while I transfer you to our licensee Mrs Johns. She may have a proposition for you once she's checked you out."

Mrs Johns was most interested and asked if Fi could go to her office to see her, within the hour if possible.

The 50-year old interviewed Fi carefully and Fi knew her make-up, hair, fingernails, manner of speaking and goodness knows what else were being assessed.

Mrs Johns looked at the references and said, "I have confidence in Gwen Mace's selection of you and the fact you have been with her that long. Gwen used to be my twice-weekly tennis partner."

"Call her now; I won't mind. She is out somewhere looking for new bedding. I have her mobile [cell phone] number."

"That won't be necessary thank you. Are you free to come on a nearby inspection visit with me?"

"Yes, of course."

They went to a home, quite similar in age and style to Gwen's home, but larger and being only two streets over from Gwen's home, was within easy walking distance if Fi didn't feel like cycling.

Mrs Johns spoke to a man who opened the front door and she kissed him and he returned to the door with a key. She said smiling at she returned to Fi, "I think you will like this conversion; it was done nine months ago and hasn't been occupied. We have had trouble getting just the right fit of occupants."

After preparing the evening meal Fi called Scott greatly excited.

"Can't it wait till I come over for dinner?"

Fi sighed and had her finger over the off button of her mobile phone when Scott just made it in time. "Wait, I want to hear it; you sound excited."

"I've found a place for us in Nowaine St. It's lovely, is freshly redecorated with two bedrooms so you can use one for your study, and it has French Windows opening on to a side garden with plenty of shade. The kitchen is gas fueled and is very modern and the bathroom is a total update. I'm in love with it."

"Great, that's really great but I suppose it's five hundred bucks."

"Try three hundred."

"You're kidding?"

"Well the other part of the house is occupied by the real estate agent's mother and father. They are in the late seventies and slowing down and the idea was to have someone living in the flat at nights so they would be so worried about problems at night, like one of them requiring urgent medical help or fearing someone had entered the property unauthorized."

"I see, we'd have to act as nursemaids?"

"No, that agent Mrs Johns said her father Mr Mellows still drives and they go for long walks each day. But Mrs Johns is worried they don't eat much so we had a meeting with them and it was agreed I'd buy and prepare their evening meals on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with them cooking the food. So they offered to reduce the rent to three hundred a week."

"This sounds really great Fi so what now?"

"They are waiting for you to inspect and then to discuss the proposal with me."

Scott snorted and said, "Look Fi, as old folk they'll be anxious. Call Mrs Johns now and say we'll take it from Saturday week. We can shift in on that Saturday."

"Mrs Johns says the minimum term is a year."

"Great, we don't want to be thrown out if they both go into a home. It also virtually guarantees I live with you for at least a year."

"Are you really serious saying that?"

Scott said yeah he was and what was the surprise in that?

"Well men who are not married tend to use and discard women like a hobby."

"Who told you that?"

"Friends in Texas."

"Well I'm conservative in that respect. If a women is loyal to me I'm loyal to her but I guess if a woman lost her interest in sex I'd move on."

"Well that doesn't sound like me."

"I know and that's why I said that. Before that year is up I'll know if I can earn a living writing and when I'm producing an income we'll have to talk about our future direction together. You'll be thinking about marriage at that point... to me I hope."

Fi say coyly, "And what about you or don't you think like that?"

"I'm happy the way we are and it will be even better when we are living together permanently providing I'm still allowed my weekly night out with the boys."

"Yes Scott, providing fair play applies both ways you are free to do almost anything you like. Bye, I'll call Mrs Johns now."

Next day Fi and Scott went to inspect the property and met Mr and Mrs Mellows and then signed up at the agency. It all went very well. Fi said she'd break the news to Gwen.

"I'll miss you at nights," Gwen sniffed, "because you are such lively company at meal times and an alternative to watching television. I know I brought this on by bringing in Charlie but [big sigh] we have our own lives to lead. Scott responds well to you so I wish you two great happiness."

And that was it. No tears, no sweat. Fi was astonished it all had been achieved in three days and without fuss. She shared that conclusion with Scott and the developing author said with authority, "You achieved your goal because you had a pretty good idea what you wanted and the timing was right."

The timing was right? Fi was quite sure Scott hadn't possessed access to such thinking when they'd first met. She suspected she and Gwen had worked effectively to assist him build a structure of discipline and commitment. He was flourishing in that environment. Additionally he'd been reading younger authors she liked, selected for him because Fi believed they represented what readers expected from novelists of the 21st Century.

Gwen and Fi were sipping wine before having lunch out under the tree on the back lawn discussing Scott's completed first draft they'd both read in its entirety.

Fi, her voice beginning incrementally to sound more Australian in tone, asked succinctly, "Well?"

"Well what?"

"Does Scott have a saleable book this time you stupid cow?"

Gwen laughed. "Oh darling, an Aussie endearment. Yes, it's very much better and with the illustration of you on the cover in skimpy clothing and looking very promiscuous it can't miss, once a big oversight is written in."

"An oversight?" Fi, as Scott's unofficial literary adviser, asked guiltily.

"Yes sweetie. The vast Kimberley is regarded international as one of the great wilderness areas of the world. Have you any idea how big it is?"

"Yes, it says in the draft bigger than California."

"Well how really big is that and how remote is it and what do people like Scott's characters find to do living there?"

"Um vast space and loneliness and no corner store; the draft states that. You must have read that."

"Oh such a big opportunity missed. How do you get there?"

"Easy, you fly across Australia from here to Perth in three hours..."

"Try five hours darling and that's by jumbo jet."

"Oh, and in Perth one rents a car and drive up there."

"And how long will that take?

"Oh I was thinking a couple of hours but something tells me you'll say longer."

"It's 1800 miles to drive from Perth to Halls Creek."

"Christ."

Gwen giggled and said she'd bet Fi's family had never heard her use that word in that sense. You are acclimatizing darling and having the advantage of doing that in a liberal household. What you'd do is fly the thousand miles from Perth to Broom, the largest town in the Kimberly and then hire a Toyota Land Cruiser with camping gear and tour some of the region. Fitzroy Crossing is okay as a town but forget about staying in Halls Creek apart from stocking up, having a swim and then some cool beers and then head on to find a camping spot and then you finish up at the Bungle Bungles, part of the World Heritage listed Purnululu National Park and really taste of what wilderness is like but with some scenic spots thrown in."

Fi's mind was reeling. "Does Scott know this?"

"I'd say no judging by what he's written, being so sketchy about setting."

"Oh god, we've got characters and plot right but have virtually ignored setting except within camp at the mine sight, haven't we?"

"Yes."

"Oh fuck!"

"Oooh, even some Aussie mums wouldn't like hearing that word from their pretty daughter."

"Oh Gwen, we are running out of time. Scott is determined to submit within a week before his deadline to earn respect from his editor. What can we do?"

"I know about Kimberly because today I purchased a DVD about it made for tourists. I'll give it to you and after dinner tonight we can call watch it. It's mouth-watering stuff for wilderness addicts."

Fi called Scott about Gwen's disclosure.

"She's seen the DVD?"

"Yes."

"Well she'll know what she's talking about. Not a problem. Once I've seen the DVD two or three times I'll have images and facts committed to memory and can revise and work them in. I'm the one at fault, not you. I failed to do sufficient research on the original draft and didn't think about it when doing the complete rewrite. I think my attention was diverted too much on attempting to resurrect Rocco."

"Your mom thinks he's very appealing now and despite him having such a hairy chest and hair on his back said he could have her anytime he wished."

"Mum said that?"

"Er yes but that was girl's talk. Just keep that to ourselves darling."

"You are dropping in the darling quite frequently lately."

"Oh have I?"

"You know you have. Um I did do some basic research and switched the mining operation from near Fitzroy Crossing to out of Halls Creek because that's where Western Australia's first gold rush occurred in the mid-1880s. I also learned about Kimberly weather with November being the hottest month with the daily average exceeding 100 degrees F. In the 'cooler' tourist season the day temp averages 30 but nights can be down to half of that. Also it has huge rain during the monsoon period so the mining operation has to be sloped to allow for water run-off."

"Good boy. I'll see you soon. I have been to see Mr and Mrs Mellows about furniture and they said I can store as much of the existing furniture I wish in one of their spare bedrooms and install furniture we buy."

"Are we to buy furniture?"

"Yes Scott. That is something I must teach you. Choice of furniture and soft furnishings in our home is the same as setting in a novel. It reflects our preferences and perhaps our personalities."

"Does it really matter?"

"Oh god. I'll catch you latter."

* * *

At last Scott was satisfied with the changes and his final revision and couriered the manuscript to the publisher. There was no party but Gwen and Charlie took them out for dinner. During the evening Charlie, after a few drinks, confided to Fi he was glad she was moving into her own home because that removed a temptation for him. She was appalled but decided not to repeat those comments. As planned, she and Scott left next day for two nights in Melbourne at the Crown Towers Hotel and arrived back in time to prepare to shift into their new home on Saturday.

* * *

"Oh this is so lovely, I'm really going to love delving into the culture of Melbourne," Fi said, pushing Scott on to the bed and unzipping him. Before he'd managed to reconcile the statement with the action Fi had her tongue around his dick urging it into full erection. He decided only an idiot would continue thinking instead of focusing on keeping her hair back from her face while thinking what he was going to do to that pussy with the landing strip now shaven as well. Had Gwen been advising Fi again?

Sated, they slipped from sex into sleep and after dinner went into the Casino where Amber won $322 bucks on the poker machines and Scott lost almost $200 playing Blackjack.

When they stripped in the bathroom and landed on the bed and began having sex Fi, who was on top, sucked Scott's forefinger and pushed it against her butt. He whispered, are you sure?

She giggled and said yes, that everyone did it, didn't they?

Scott had no idea. He worked his finger in and Fi began panting and moving even more than usual so he thought it was a great idea.

Later when she was on her back, legs held high and natural lube leaking out and running over her butt and with Scott teasing by withdrawing completely and sinking back in and resuming the cycle, Fi grabbed his erection and pushed it against her butt.

"Open me with your fingers and push in."

"How do you know about that?"

"I called my sister Stacey. She calls herself a Butt Queen. She just loves it up there and fingering her clit until she has a powerful orgasm.

"And you?"

"I've only had a finger up it a few times, usually my own."

They went at it slowly.

"I must buy some lube. Stacey said use plenty but not too much otherwise you kill sensations and she said I must push back at you when you are entering."

Fi manipulated Scott awake in the morning, blowing into an ear and reaching for his dick.

"Good morning," she said, eyes shining as his eyelids parted. "I'm no longer an ass virgin and I think I'll walk and sit okay."

"No longer a virgin applies to me too."

"Oh Scott, I'm sorry. I pushed you into it in the heat of the moment. I ought to have discussed it over coffee."

"No it was fine. Christ you were tight."

Fi giggled.

After a night at the ballet and a great late night meal they returned to Sydney next day.

Gwen met them at the airport and on the drive home said, "Scott your editor Heather wants to know how far on are you with preparing your next proposal?"

"Oh give it a rest mate. I've only just finished sweating blood and bone."

"It they ask, you jump Scott. Every editor in publishing has scores of unread manuscripts waiting for attention. This indicates your novel has been judged to have more than good market potential. They'll want your next novel commissioned before your sales begin to gather pace."

"Okay, hand me your phone mum. Fi and I left ours at your house."

"Oh hi Heather, Scott Mace speaking, Gwen Mace's son."

"Oh, you know who I am? That's flattering. Mom said you want my next proposal. Mom will bring it to you tomorrow week. It's about this shy guy aged twenty-five who opens the front door of his parent's house in answer to a knock and this shelia is standing there with a dirty face and looking as if she'd been sleeping under hedges. She says "Hi Jack, I use to play with you until we were three when my parents returned to America. I've been robbed and lost everything apart from my passport and ticket home. I had your parent's address so here I am, thinking Bungee Station was a train station but find it's a cattle ranch. I'm Kimberley Nixon and desperately require food after two days cycling here on only water I drank from streams."

"Um Heather, the working title is er 'A Waif Called Kimberley'."

"Well it's only a working title."

"Oh great, thank you Heather."

Scott handed back the phone to his mother.

"So Heather says the working title stinks?"

"Her exact words."

"And?"

"She said with that story line if the ms is only half as good as my current one it's bound to be accepted for publication."

"Good boy."

"Oh darling you are a good boy," Fi said, turning to Scott in the back seat. "How may mommy reward you?"

"Ohmigod, I expected you two would have extinguished your interest in sex in Melbourne by over-indulging."

Fi smiled. "Oh no Gwen, I rather think we've just ignited the wick."

THE END