George: Book 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Would you consider spending some time with me in Arizona?"

"I've never been there."

"I'm saying I do want to see you. I do want to be with you all the time that I can. I want to get to know you and I'll take what ever comes with it."

"When would I see you again?"

"I have to return to Tucson tomorrow. I'll be back in Dayton for another few days the week after next."

"I'd like to see you when you get back. We can talk about what comes later then."

He kissed her deeply and told her he would call her tomorrow evening from his home. Then he just wrapped his arms around her and held her. She let out a deep sigh and a sob on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry! - I thought I was done crying over this, - but now I've met you and that puts a new wrinkle in things. - Don't get me wrong. Meeting you has brightened my outlook for the rest of my time immensely. - It's just that I don't want to hurt you and I am afraid that I surely will."

"Don't have any concern about that, Marge. - Whatever hurt may come to me, I know it will pale in comparison to the magic you will give me in return."

"Thank you for saying that. It's exactly what I needed to hear. - You'd better go. I'll see you in a week."

He had so many questions but he couldn't think straight and he wanted to be alone to sort out his thoughts. He left her standing and looking out her window. He was certain she was still watching as he drove away.

He didn't go back to the hotel right away. Instead he drove into the Ohio countryside, along some back roads and he found a small town where he could sit in a small park beside a pond in the shade. He sat there for a long time, thinking about the past week. Of all the wonderful women he had met, why had he fallen for the one who was going to die? He felt ashamed of his selfishness and he vowed that he would do all that he could for Marge up till the end. He had six months of wonderful companionship to look forward too and he knew that what he had told her was true. He had dealt with deep hurt before in two divorces and he would deal with this one too when the time came. Until then he had so much to look forward to.

It was nearly 6:00 p.m. when he got back to the hotel. He went up to his room and showered and dressed in a clean shirt and slacks. He went back downstairs to the restaurant. It was as empty this evening as it had been one week ago. He sat at the same table and he was pleased to see April walking to his table. She looked ravishing in a short yellow dress.

She pretended not to recognize him and treated him like any customer that she did not know.

George played along with her and ordered the same meal and the same wine as the previous Sunday. Then he said, "For desert, I want the specialty of the house."

April looked at him and winked.

"I'll have to check and see what we have this evening."