All Comments on 'Hand Me Downs'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 138 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
the cat-fight at the end was priceless

and the 'baby born with a mullet' is hysterical. Thanks for a fun read!

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsabout 13 years ago
Always a Five (5)

Thanks Stang!

No comment, just enjoyed it...like always.!

Did miss the sound of that engine as you left the church.

Steve did recover pretty quick after 5 years but then, I guess with the likes of Amy - what's not to like!

jiminabjiminababout 13 years ago
WOW first one

Another Thursday, another mustang and another enjoyable story even if it is still Wednesday where I am. An enjoyable read even if I thought it was a bit light. Put a smile on my face. Should be fun family gatherings in the future. Can't comment on the morals or the writing. I will let Harry and the rest of the gang do that. After all, I are an engineer not an English student. Thanks for the read Stang but maybe please try and squeeze a Healy 3000 into a story somewhere. Pretty please. LOL Jim

chytownchytownabout 13 years ago
Good Read!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

swimwriterswimwriterabout 13 years ago
they just talk too sweet

other than that good story

jiminabjiminababout 13 years ago
OOPS

There were no comments when I wrote mine. Some people are fast. Ok third.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
A lot of fun.

Your stories are getting pretty witty. A little like HDK, with a lot of humor interlaced into the story.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 13 years ago
Not up to par!

This could have been better but it seemed very rushed. The plotting was formulaic for you and the characters not as fleshed out. I knew you were hurried when you described a wedding as both "happy" and "somber" which is impossible as they mean the opposite of each other!

Take a little more time next time because you crank out good stories when you take your time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
really silly

Could anybody be as dumb as you made the main male character, i think not, read more like it was written by a twelve year old girl.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 13 years ago
loved it

I just can't understand why a man would take the shit that he did as long as he did. Your stories influenced me to by a souped up mustang GT. I love thursdays!

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Fun story

Good storyline and excellent phrases, but the characters were like stick figures. Perhaps you were racing to meet a deadline?

Mousse9Mousse9about 13 years ago

It was good, but rather formulaic and REALLY predictable. I could see the ending coming right from the start. Still a lot better than the other trash in LW though.

fregenfregenabout 13 years ago
Very Nice

A lot easier to get over someone when you have someone else.<P>

Thanks for sharing.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 13 years ago
Yep!!

Another good one from the Stang!

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 13 years ago
A cliche . . .

. . . can still be handled well. This one was pretty good Stang. I think it was parents as foils, maybe the ultimate straightman(?), straightcouple (?), that took this from pure cliche with the younger wanting big sis's boyfriend. Whatever, it works for me. As I said, Good Job Stang; you always seem to have that slight twisted smile of humor as you present you latest.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 13 years ago
Stang writes some good stuff.

Last week's effort took a lot more thought. This story had no plot to speak of. The girlfriend cheated from the start and he married the sister that squealed on her. The girlfriend did not find out who her sister was marrying until sitting at the ceremony? She jumped from a plane naked, with a guy inside her and thought it would never be discovered? This story used all brain dead characters and the plot... well there was no real plot. Stang is the man, but this isn't the story.

LazylonerLazylonerabout 13 years ago
Formula writing, but still good

In this genre you almost don't expect any story to be completely new, so some cliches are pretty much inevitable. This one iwth the fiancee who uses break-ups as an excuse to step out wasn't exactly new, nor was the well meaning less sexy sister/girlfriend who reveals the cheating and then helps pick up the pieces.

Sadly, the fact taht it was so cliche hurt it in a way. The twists weren't that big and the characters aren't really memorable. It's solid writing, but felt like it could have been so much better if mroe time had been spent on spinning the plot out and coming up with some truly unique twists.

Still a fun read. Just no where near the best of Stangstar.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
@hard

this was a mickey take pure and simple, not everything has to have upteen twists and turn's angst and mellodrama.

more authors should take note here, they take this subject and themselves way to seriously.

@ stang well done it was a giggle a miniute, which i think was your intention.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
well done

Once again another great story which was well written. Glad that Amy was able to enlighten Dalton. Truly enjoyed reading this tale and want to thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Almost Perfect

Well written and logical. Thank for your efforts as they help make Thursday worthwhile. My only quibble is to suggest you step back from your story and search for any plot holes before submitting. Here, the one was that you did not explan why Heather was not the maid of honor for her only sister, or at least a bridesmaid, or why she did not attend the rehearsal dinner (e.g., they skipped it because ....?). I'll look forward to another great product next week.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I want to see some ID

Stang, please tell me you didn't write this.

thebulletthebulletabout 13 years ago
ouch

no people really act like these people act. because of that, the story fails. suspension of disbelief is one thing. but these people live in an alternate universe.

a lot of these LW stories are over the top. but this is so far over the top, you can't even see the top.

sorry, thumbs down.

thebulletthebulletabout 13 years ago
otoh

stang never fails to insert a Mustang in his stories.

I had a 1965 289 Mustang (unfortunately, not a 64 1/2, which was the first 'stang). That sucker was a jet powered roller skate. I guess still my all-time favorite car.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderabout 13 years ago
Touching and hilarious, both.

This story is great. Okay, the fight at the front of the church (during the wedding ceremony) was implausible, but it was absolutely hilarious. Great story!

BillPorterBillPorterabout 13 years ago
Been there Got the T-Shirt too !!!

I loved your story, like the title of my comment says, Been there got the Got the T-Shirt too.

THANK YOU FOR A VERY GOOD STORY

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Fun little story

so the characters are cliches, the wit makes up for it. want to read more of your stories. thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
A good story, if overdone!

Some of the action was exaggerated, but it was humorous and appealing. Not hilarious, by any means, but humorous. A nice read.

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
Fun one

I liked it. I didn't see anything unrealistic. Probably happened last week. Looks like Luke Skyjumper used the force to get out of town and out of fatherhood. Now the ex has to be a caregiver instead of being taken care of. Fitting.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
Probably not your best, but it was fun to read anyway.

No other comment. Appreciate your Thursday Stories.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
Fun read.

But, it's not exactly a loving wifes tale. It's more of a romance. Anyway, it was a good story, and you seem to be getting better at it. Thank You.

cpetecpeteabout 13 years ago
Stang where do you come up with this stuff?

Week after week, time after time, always the good story! You are a F'n writing machine!

Thanks for the read, the laughs and the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Where is the wife???

wrong catagory

hodunkhodunkabout 13 years ago
Another StangStar06 Great Tale!

Loved it man! You tear me up with your storys, always something new. Keep writein em and I'll keep readin em. Thanks for another stang story!

grogers7grogers7about 13 years ago
A Fluff Piece to Tide Us Over...

until Stang returns. Somewhat like his first stories, so maybe Stang has been returned from his alien abduction, and the author of those intermediate stories was an alien -- a good author, though.

Or, maybe, it's just Stang doing a JPB story for practice. Like a Bach scale exercise for the organ. Church organ, guys, church organ!!

TXanyTXanyabout 13 years ago
33 comments as I read this...

Some really incredible whiners...but all admit they enjoyed it to a degree! To you all that think it wasn't his best....why don't you write one and post it and let's see what others say about yours! I enjoy this author and now that know I can set up my calendar to remind me to check for a new 'stang on Thursday, I'm even more pleased. Keep it up...even if "it isn't up to your normal standard"...hah!@

zed0zed0about 13 years ago
Another Winner!

Thank you for a light, fun, and very enjoyable story. Keep'em coming.

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 13 years ago
I laughed and I enjoyed the story a lot!

I need to write a note of apology to some of my kids for having them live with hand-me-downs for so many years. Good story. Nice premise and nicely written. It seems obvious to me that you wrote this story as you were having fun. I had fun reading it. Thanks.

demantoiddemantoidabout 13 years ago
Wonderful, heartwarming and hilarious story.

You had me at the second paragraph...Dalton Jones! He was one of my father's favorite baseball players. He was on the '67 Boston Red Sox, "Impossible dream" team...winning the pennant that year in the most improbable fashion. He was traded later on to the Tigers and since this is where I perceive you are from, it is fun to get the connection.

I so enjoy your writing and in particular your endearing characters. Amy was terrific.

deadonedeadoneabout 13 years ago
I laughed my ass off

I am a little brother always getting hand me downs. Well big brother saw one of my girl friends and fell for her. I said go for it but warned him that I though she was a loose. Well 12 years later she walked out leaving him and 4 kids.

She now has 2 more that are just jail bound ass holes.

ps - His second wife is a great person

pss - I now, 10 years later, found out that she was a complete slut the whole time. In fact we laugh because she still is a slut and her pussy whipped cuckold husband, the one she ran away with, doesn't understand she is that way "now".

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago

I gave this one five stars,,, because it is one of your best yet. Please continue writing these great stories that I love to read. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Absolutely outstanding!

We sincerely appreciate the way this author "gets it done".

GualterioGualterioabout 13 years ago
Way to go Stang!

As others are saying, yet another great story. I love the hand-me-down theme. I, for one, also like your inclusion of something about mustangs in each story. It is something unique to you ... and I like it!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
BRILLIANT! !

This is one wonderful story! Well written, well thought out and beautifully executed! If true, I wish all that is good for the happy couple! Thank you for a very refreshing point of view!

I HAD to give it a FIVE, even though it was not overly erotic. Thank you!

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
This rocked!

I loved this story. I was hesitant at the blurb, but I loved it.

The only caveat I have is, down the road, when Amy's got the bile out of her system, will she still love the guy as much. But that's a different story

Michelle JoMichelle Joalmost 13 years ago
True Love is Hard to find

It is true that "True Love is hard to find" but more true is that many times "True Love is hard to recognize". This story is so close to following what is the real path way too many people whom are truly "In Love" travel down. Standing by as Friends and yes even Family end up married and often divorced out of some out-dated feeling of Loyalty or respect ... One should follow their heart and let nature lead, I am sure there would be fewer divorced, broken marriages and abused spouse, children and sometimes even extended family members.

You have a Great Talent for writing, your imagination and refreshing way of seeing the world is commendable. Thank You for sharing.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
Amy rocks -

A woman with character and integrity it would appear -

Heather - another self centered bimbo with no clue what it is going on around her if it is not FOR her. Clearly you have a thing about those skanky ones lol.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
I really liked the story.

However, I believe it is too illogical and improbable to rate 5***** so I rated it 4****.

One thing that is probable is parents that favor one child over the other. However, if there is not much money and that is all a family can afford, hand-me-downs are fine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A Rousing Good Story

Makes no sense to nitpick the probables and improbables, as life is, by it's very nature, unpredictable and filled with infinite choices. SS06 has a knack for gathering and mixing action with emotion to an extent that grabs the reader --mind, body and soul. All I can add to what's already been said is that I hope SS06 has a long life and continues to entertain us for decades to come.

That's a lot of stories if he continues to write one per week.

JLRemora

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
just knocking DWmoron

off the page

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
just knocking DWmoron

off the page

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWdipshit

has to go

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great read

keep

up

the

good

work

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great read

keep

up

the

good

work

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great read

fun story

keep up

the good

work

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great read

fun story

keep up

the good

work

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
Every time I read one of the Stang story its like sun have just risen above dark swamp.

After pushing thru excrement on this site finally an excellent entertainment. Thank God for Authors like Stang. Well written. 5* of course.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
How'd I Miss This One???

Finding a old Stang Story that you haven't read before is like packing away a winter coat to back closet in June and discovering a fifty dollar bill in chest pocket.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHATS THERE TO SAY

PLAY AND PAY AND LOSE. TK U MLJ LV NV

saratusaratuabout 12 years ago
NOW THIS IS,,,,,,

a great S Star story.

count2threecount2threealmost 12 years ago
When are you going to write the second part of this story ...

Where Amy cheats on him and after 512 sessions with the couples therapist it is 'revealed' that she never really loved him but only wanted to one up her big sister ?

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
LOSERS WEEPERS

finders keepers no fair cheating. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
count2three

has never read a stang story properly so the request for a ludicrous sequel about the replacement woman cheating will fall on deaf ears.

EAPoeEAPoealmost 11 years ago
Always creative

... but he should ground his stories in a little reality. Nobody could be as stupid as her parents were. And unless you send out blank wedding invitations, everyone invited knows the names of both the bride and groom.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

for a man who has, what is it poe, let me be sure to count them all, yes, now i have it ZERO, NONE, NADA, ZIP stories you have written. then maybe you should actually write one before you tell a prolific author how to write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
That was fun!

Not very believable but darned fun!

CrisInGACrisInGAover 10 years ago

If you want reality turn on the news.

This stuff is fun to read

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Heather in wonderland could've been the story title.

Always enjoyable to read a parody of what could've been when reality can be so harsh for some. This story had a great deal of humour and entertainment value but very harsh for poor Heather. Especially, when you consider her role models. How can sisters living in the same household under the tutelage of the same parents turn out so grounded? Perhaps that can be handled in another story. Thank you Stangstar06.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 2ND HAND ROSE????

not any more. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another GREAT story; but

Something's missing --

(( "Here," she said and wrapped her arms around me hugging me really hard. "As the night goes on you might need a few more of those. So when you do just let me know. This isn't going to be easy." )) I was expecting an all-nighter; seeing them in action!

Then shortly we see "the hook-up with Luke Skyjumper";all that we see is them "playing grab-ass" at the curb; then he's taking vacation. WTH!!! Where was the real meat & potatoes of the drama? Why didn't Amy give him evidence of other dalliances? Why wasn't the video introduced here?

I really despised Heather; really liked & admired Amy, and everyone got what they deserved!!

Thx; DKP

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hmmmm; how'd they keep the secret?

Don't get it; before a wedding, invitations are sent out, ads are put in papers (sometimes), word-of-mouth,etc.... Then of course it's posted at the church. Guess that Heather was Deaf, Dumb & Blind as a bat!!

It really sucks that it all comes down to being the parents fault.

DKP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
details

although there are some very questionable details, you have to take them with a grain of salt to enjoy the story. I nearly fell out of my chair several times over the humorous scenes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
PLAYING AROUND

SEEMS THAT HEATHER ENJOYED PLAYING AROUND AND OPENING HER LEGS FOR ANYONE SO SHE GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED.

AMY GOT WHAT SHE WANTED AND I LIKED THE WAY SHE PUT IT TO HER PARENTS THAT SHE WOULD NOT BE SLEEPING AROUND LIKE THEM OR HEATHER 5 STARS GOOD STORY

RON

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
@Anon Asking about Heather not knowing

from the scant details provided it's not hard to imagine that Heather was probably so absorbed with her own "tragedy" to not care nor notice. You have to a special kind of selfish to do what she did to begin with so it's not too far fetched to imagine that to be the scenario.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
until you open your eyes

you really don't see what someone is capable of doing to you. sometimes I think we choose to not see rather than face reality.

let's hope he is as grateful for Amy as he should be.

trite_readertrite_readerover 9 years ago
First SS06 Story I've awarded 3 stars.

Which means it's an excellent effort. The authors usual score from me ranges from one star to two. Usually because of the length, and the ridiculous cartoonish characters, spastic wives and wimpy husbands that really know how to run away from their problems. This time, he did better. Solid 3 star effort.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Is he really any better off with Amy?

A wedding is the biggest day of any bride to be. Most girls have a dream for their wedding planned out for years. And Amy was more than willing to ruin all that, and embarrass her new husband, all out of sheer spite! It really seemed that she was more interested in getting one over on her sister than she was in getting married. It just seemed that what she wanted wasn't just to marry Dalton, but that taking something away from her sister was more important.

Dalton might have been better off avoiding the whole lot of that fucked up family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
YES

Dalton is better off with Amy she seems to be the only one in that family with morals and common sense. Heather was like her mother and father even worse it seemed that she would spread her legs for any Tom, Dick(no matter how large or small) or Harry.

it would be nice to read a sequel about Dalton and Amy and find out what happened to Heather(Heathers story could be a stand alone story) If you have already written a sequel about Dalton and Amy what is the name of it??

Ron cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
AS ALL THE MIDDLE CLASS KNOWS

hand me downs are the only way to go. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Some codes with upper-case letters are always added to comments by tazz317: WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Cheating wives are better in bed than the faithful ones.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeabout 9 years ago
Anonymous 3/11/15

TK U MLJ LV NV = Thank you (His initials) Las Vegas Nevada.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THERE WAS A SONG IN THE 60s

that describes this situation about Making Up Your Mind. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
the wedding

Its a train, not a tail behind the dress.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
a rocking good story

All along Amy thought he knew she was cheating on him and he was OK with it. It seems Amy was tired of her sister and her parents ways they were cheaters so Heather I think thought thats what love was about. Amy was the only one in the family with morals and common mind set. She grew up and knew who she wanted and showed Dalton what a fool he was and what a whore her sister was.

Good story fun read and kinda clean. 5 stars in my favorites.

Ron Texas cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

Chuckle..😱

Luke Skyjumper and the Flying Commando Kitty!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
LOOSE

Heather is what you call a loose woman very few morals and carried only about herself and I think that she got that from her Dad and a little of it from her Mom.The comment he made(since they were broken up it was OK for her to fuck around) the only thing was THEY were not broken up Heather was just out fucking every thing she could.. I would like to read more about AMY and Dalton so is there a follow up story??????

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
hand me downs

excellent writing. out of the 100's of authors that are here and the few I have read you are in the top 10-20 %.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 8 years ago
Which Slut To Marry????

Amy: "From the very first day you brought Dalton home I wanted him, and unlike you I'm not going play any kind of games and I'll be faithful to him." "I've watched the 2 of you since I was 15."

Dalton: "I'd known Amy since Heather and I first met." & "Amy though not a virgin..."

Sooo, was Amy not a virgin at 15 or was her desire/love for Dalton just as superficial as Heather's and she just couldn't wait to get fucked before she got or gave up on Dalton?

I guess waiting for the one you supposedly love and want is just not possible in SS06's worlds.

One slut or another, does it really matter?

Just saying.

tigger119tigger119almost 8 years ago
@ Morgandewolfe, Re; Which Slut to Marry??????

I have no idea how you came up with that comment. IDK which story you are referring to. If, and I really mean IF!!!!!!!!, you had been paying attention like a good little reader instead of letting your prejudice against women color your perception, you'd have understood the only slut was Heather. Amy was NOT a virgin at the time he started seeing her, NOT when they met when she was 15 you moron. Additionally, when they started having sex, her experience was practically none and she'd only had sex a couple times. It was spelled out in the story and you MISSED it due to poor observational skills and poor reading comprehension. I dunno which dictionary defines that as a slut, but not any I'm familiar with. Take off your slut colored glasses and start seeing and thinking more clearly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very good

I enjoyed this story a lot. Funny, revenge and the good guy wins.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
At least

it wasn't a boring wedding!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Revenge best served up on a dish

Karma has a way of working on some that never see it coming. When you fuck over someone you say you love it comes back 10 fold. I liked the story 5*

Mack/ gmail

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@ by tigger119 07/02/16 re: @ Morgandewolfe, Re; Which Slut to Marry??????

Hmm. I looked at the points you made to MDW and it seems to me YOU missed his point. Perhaps you should sharpen up YOUR observational skills (if any) and reread his post. For a sailor your post is about average, incorrect, mistaken and self-inflated.

In any case you seem to be far more emotionally invested in the "slut" issue than most. Perhaps from personal experience? Butt hurt much? Pew pew poor baby.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Seems the slut lost

Amy ended up with Dalton like she wanted and Heather ended up pregnant and most likely with an STD. It seems you reap what you sow.

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com/Ron

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Stang The Star

Tickled my funny bone.

That’s something most of us who enjoy your work get off on. You’ve given us those humorous lines without repetition, so there’s always a slightly different arc in familiar stories lines.

Nicely done, once again.

2+2+1=5

imhaplessimhaplessover 5 years ago
Entertaining

need I say more? 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loved it, all fast and furiously funny!

"My dick shot up so fast that I got stretch marks on it." Seriously good writing and fun. Thanks for sharing.

SanzegoSanzegoover 4 years ago
To short

Enjoyed the ride though

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

"That bitch! She always told me that you knew." - He knew?! How in the hell would he know she fucked around on him and not dump her ass?

She's pregnant, that's probably why she was so anxious to get back with him, so that she could claim that it was his.

meganann10meganann10over 4 years ago
Another good one

I always enjoy stangstar06 stories funny imaginative and entertaining

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous