All Comments on 'Hero Boy Ch. 03'

by Jake_the_Snake

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
i don't know,trust is so inportant in marriage

his sister help her fuck over him,that sucked.what will happen if she get mad with him in the future.he was just to wimpy about the after divorce proceeding.she fuck him over and he was around like a puppy in heat.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
This part wasnt as good

Went from a story about an average couple and marriage to scenes from the trailer park, a wife that was lower than dog shit, and a pathetic husband who had nothing better to do than hang around being crapped on even after they were divorced.

I kinda liked the husbands reason for reconciliation - he was comfortable with having a wife with meals waiting and the routine of family life. Not really undying love and devotion, just the desire to coast that so many of us have. Different than the standard 'I loved her so much I had to forgive her and take her back' line.

Still like the change of pace from perfect, perfect, perfect but I think you swung too far in the other direction. You made the wife into a lowlife who was willing to risk her kids with a guy she thought might molest them because she didnt want to own up to her mistakes. Instead of an average person who made some poor choices, shes now a unlikable slut in a deep hole just like so many other reconciliation stories. Husband is now dangerously close to the typical mr. bland spineless wimp weve seen 100 times before. Disappointing when he started off so strong as a real person with his own flaws (not to mention a spine).

I cant even begin to guess whats coming in part 4 though. Since you already jumped to the quicky reconciliation complete with 10 year fast forward, there doesnt seem to be much left. All I can think of is that we now find out she has been fucking around on him the whole time they were back together. Anything else wouldnt warrant another whole chapter. Maybe we find out she really liked living the high life with Ralph and his gay companions. She was a gang bang whore and liked it but Ralph was broke so she cooked up the scheme to get the meal ticket back and just kept Ralph on the side? Thats my guess - cant wait to see what really comes of it.

Thanks for writing - still good(ish). :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Why did he let Jean go?

As far as I am concerned,Sara is damaged goods with what she went through with Ralph. Why take her back...ugh!

Enjoyed the story.

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Good Story

This has been a good story.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
I thought it an enjoyable story-

Rather good, in fact. Author tells you guys that they have been very happily married for the last ten years since their second marriage.

The ones doing all the bitching here don't realize their wives fucked 40-50 guys before them.

As far as worrying about that--It's called a piece because you'll NEVER get all of it.

She admits she was nuts to go to Ralph. She still loves him and wants him back, badly. He realizes he loves only her and wants her back. Their destinations actually are the one and same. They're married again and the next ten years are very happy ones. Hell, who can say they've had that many happy years with their marriage? Not many. I think he felt he would trust her because she went to so much trouble to entice him. Months of planning. Now THAT IS a trap set very deep!!

There are quite a few grammatical errors; nothing major but a they're a little distracting. The message of the story still comes through quite well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Bravo!

I think this is an okay story, but very well executed.

From the beginning I always thought this guy was a loser. I mean come on, a guy that LIKES to study. That spells GEEK which equates to Loser.

A grade-AAA, platinum LOSER as it turns out.

So I expected this wimp to crawl back to his wife.

I also expected Jean to dump his sorry as once she realized the real reason Sara dumped him (LOSER).

How blatant was:

I'm not the marrying type (Jon was told)

then she finally meets a real man and marries him.

Ha!

The grammatical errors were minimal and it was very coherent storyline.

As well, you were slick enough to suck in all these readers into thinking this guy was cool.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
i just don't believe it

it is a good story, it is well written.

good charactors, not too many hollow shells.

but some how i just could not believe they could get back together. he still has the same trust issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
So Beautiful Jake

Jake that was the best ending ever done you had me crying my eyes out when Jon and Sara got back together and remarried God bless you Jake.

Pat Murray

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Finally, an end to it

This chapter features more poor writing quality as in misused words, terrible sentence construction and haphazard paragraph structure. It's an awful abuse of the English language.

Insofar as authorship goes, there were a few improvements over Chapter Two. At least we found out something of the wife's character. It's an ugly picture: she acts without considering her actions and is no stranger to lies and deception. She professes to love her children but has no qualms about rearing them in a home inhabited by a man whose sexual preferences greatly disturb her. She lacks a solid moral foundation and the author does a credible job showing us what an airhead she is even if the prose is execrable.

The hubby, on the other hand, is poorly handled. He's painted as a romantic figure, one who's found his true love and will love her in spite of what she's done. It's badly done and the character is at odds with himself. He doesn't grow from his experiences and he is just as stupid at the end of the story as he was at the beginning. History repeats itself and the wife will, no doubt, look for solace and comfort in the arms of another the next time things aren't so rosy at home. Yet the husband seems ignorant of this fact.

As for the plot, it's a tried and true tale of pastures less then green, the "earnest" attempt of the wife to reconcile and the husband's eager acceptance. It's a feel good story in the end and not particularly interesting or enlightening.

I'd rate it with a 50 but the writing is so bad, a 25 is all I can give.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Get Real, Please

Any guy who remarries a whore needs more therapy. Although he did have some therapy, it didn't take because he was brain dead. The next time any stiff cock showed Sara any attention, she would cheat at the drop of a hat. The characters were not well developed and the plot showned no sense of reality. I am sure most women loved the fact that he took back the cheating whore because it appears today that women want a free pass to do what ever they want with no reprecussions. I think the pendulum has reached its zenith and is starting to swing the back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
bullshit

Shit story, slut whore wife, wimpy stupid stupid husband

NeedYouNeedYouover 17 years ago
Ahh haa that ass hole Anonymous strikes

early this morning. Don't let it both you writter just keep going and write what you want when you want about the subjsect you want. Fuck you Anonymous

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
THIS DOG DON'T HUNT # 34

This is really poor.There is no rhyme or reason to it.This simply put is a case of Jake writing about something that he has not experienced or has not researched sufficiently to give him necessary backround to write the story.This results in a lack of depth across the entire work.This lack of depth causes the characters to become shallow and unbelievable.The reader is not able to have any empathy for the characters therefore the work's message becomes marginalized.It is a shame that Jake put so much hard work and effort into the creation of the story but failed to do his homework!

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryover 17 years ago
Stereotypes and prejudice

Jake, the story itself was ok. To be honest, by the end, you painted the wife into such a corner, it was hard to see why he would want her. for example, contrast her willingness to meet with Ralph while separated with her treatment of her husband after their divorce. She blandly admits that she was scheming and going through the motions and didn't care about anyone but herself.

But love is blind and (in the context of the story) I could see them getting back together in the way you portray it. While she certainly was not perfect, I could see him deciding that he was happier with her than without her. It may not have been what I would do, but people remarry everyday.

However, the biggest problems that I have with this story revolve around your portrayal of Ralph. I fount this to be very inconsistent. For the first two parts of this story, you built him up in every way possible. You portrayed him as the All American stud. A Football and War Hero.

Then, you suddenly have him getting the shit kicked out of him by the husband; make him a promiscous bisexual slut; and a thug threatening children. While I'm sure you did it to contrast him with the nice guy husband, it just seemed too contrived. A lot of what you threw in there was superflous to the story and could have been taken out without affecting the basis for the story. Even if you had left it that he was fooling around on her (and wanting her to do things she didn't want to do) you would have made your point and not left your readers wondering why the sudden change.

This leads me to my final point. The one thing that really bothered me about this story was your gratuitous inclusion of a really offensive stereotype about Gays and Bisexuals.

JUST BECAUSE A PERSON IS GAY DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY ARE A PAEDOPHILE!

I know that there are people out there with this attitude. I'm not saying that it was wrong for you to show the wife as having that attitude (although in my mind it is another strike against her), but what bothered me was that you never had any character call her on it. Instead, they all acted like that a gay person should be assumed to be a child molester until it is proven otherwise. Frankly, I found this to be as offensive as if you had a person throwing around racial stereotypes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well written, but....

At least he knows she is still a deceitful, conniving bitch, even if it is for the 'right' reasons. Also, what Catholics are we talking about here? The ones I know would not forgive anything! Besides which, to forgive does not mean to absolve of blame or relieve of responsibility.

The lack of time references was a problem for me. How long were they separated?

The kids seemed to be cardboard cutouts in the background. Their involvement in the dramas is relagated to who is babysitting them. Probably Philip's story would be more interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Interesting but still a stupid wimp husband!

Story line was good but the lack of realistic revenge and the character flaws of a stupid wimp husband killed it for us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I did not like your story!

English is not my first language, but I could follow and understand it well. My problems are: (1) would you keep a relationship with a sister like June? Could you accept her role in the deceive and do nothing? I believe that you failed on addressing this aspect. (2) You made the wife so selfish, and the husband so much weak, that it is difficult for me to like them. I believe that a story should be able to “sell” to the readers at least one of the characters. Any way, it is your story… Thanks for writing to us.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Very well done folksy tale

I have seen this scenario more then a few times, though not as dramatic a portrayal, in real life. If many cases both find they have learned to hate what they did in cheating so much it makes a stronger person who could never do that painful thing again. It would be the last thing they would ever do as it is what makes them hate themselves so much they would rather die then cheat again. Many people have this regret so deep they find it hard to let go of it and are always apologizing to the other for their awful act. They are the ones who have to forgive themselves before they can move on.

I see that Jon never lets on to Sara he fucked his workmate before she fucked around on him.

I like your style of writing. It has a few grammatical mistakes, but you get the feeling it is all being written by an average guy who is telling a story with a folksy twist.

I liked it very much and hope you give us more of your great efforts as entertainment

With respect

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The best part of this story is.....

that the kids will grow up and be away from these childish, retarded, immature people before long. As for them they should be sterilized so they can't have anymore kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Didn't

think the guy was going to turn out to be a wimp,but perhaps he may change in the next part.She is just looking for another source of income,how much did she take him (and Ralph?)for in the divorce(s)?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I really like your story

I don't understand the people who read your story and then knock it down because they can't understand why he would take her back.

Get real. It's a story for our entertainment. The author has a right to make it come out anyway he wants.

michael1950michael1950over 17 years ago
Charming Tale

Well i have read several stories some with dark endings, sad, revenge, and a few happy. This was an example to me showing a man who had truly came to love someone deeply, some of you may have no experience with grace or mercy, but I have had and there are several parts that sting and hurt; yet love and mercy showed through, for they are more than forgivness,they require understanding. Which Jon had exercised from the beginning, and a family with such strong ties are somthing we need more of, well I digress, thank you enjoyed the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
This is It!

Without a doubt this is the most screwed up relationship I have ever even read about. All I can say is that they deserve each other. Thank God they're off the public market.

Tom

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
when Ralph's boyfriend came over,,,

they'd have each other's ass, leaving mine alone. Haha

Jon and Sarah laughed over that?

Jon must be salivating over Raph's the boyfriend's, too, it seems.

A man would laugh with a woman --- his wife, a former wife who ditched him for the gay/bi Ralph --- over that is no less gay than Ralph.

A good, strong, decent, mormal, straight man would wonder to himself: "Fuck, and this was the woman I married? The mother of my children? So she preferred to make easy for Ralph [so he'd give her a divorce!, shen she quit on me like a hot stone she picked accidentally?????], who fucks his boyfriend's butt in front, in their place,,,, this was a woman I married?"

A "normal" man would be thinking something along that line than be laughing with her that her IF her husband Ralph's boyfriend came over, HER BUTT hole would be spared!

Both of these people are sick, as the previous commentator said: they really do deserve each other! LOL

Not very likeable characters! Poor kids! I'm sure pretty soon the beloved wife --- wife again now --- would be convince him, Jon, perhaps he should give butt fuckin' a try? who knows, he might like it, she'd say. And he'd likely say, ANY THING FOR YOU, dear good wife! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Nice try but no cigar

Jake:

You must be commended for your effort. But your execution was sorely lacking. I have to agree with 'Alvaron' regarding your grammar and sentence structure. And I have to agree with the two previous comments regarding the story itself.

As to the first, there were a number of misspellings: "weather" for "whether"; "where" for "were"; "were" for we're"; etc. The sentences were written as one would relate the activities of the day: "First we went here, and then we did that, and then we saw 'so-and-so.'" It felt more like a recitation than the telling of a story. You also quite often didn't capitalize the first word of direct quotes. Perhaps some would think these petty, but they do detract from the story and can distract the reader. Having an editor review any future submissions would probably be of some value.

As to the the second, the story itself, I didn't much care for it. I have to agree with the last two comments. This couple, especially the wife, is truly unlikable. She drops the husband like a hot potato, blaming him for her having to resort to cheating with a "real man" in order to get her rocks off. She immediately marries her lover and tolerates his bizarre sexual behavior. After deciding this guy isn't who she wants, she moves out and throws herself at her former husband saying, "I'll be free to marry again and wondered where we stand." HUH?! And he can't wait to "get back on the horse," so to speak.

I like happy endings just as much as the next guy, but this story is something out of "Disney." Happily ever after at all costs. Not to be offensive to 'Michael1950' but a lot of folks here have had to deal with adversity in spousal relationships. I don't see this as a case of "love and mercy," but one more resembling "naivete and neediness." And what's with "Ralph's" obsession with the kids? His character as drawn by you doesn't seem to support any desire to be a father figure. BTW, does the title "Hero Boy" refer to Ralph?

Jake, keep writing. That's the only way anyone improves at anything.

DeadWouldDeadWouldover 17 years ago
A reasonable story

about a couple of imperfect people trying to make sense of their lives.

Don't like Jake's sentence structure? It's what makes Jake's stories unique for me. This is not much different from his others.

There was not one sentence I didn't understand, so what's the problem?

If other commenters want a story written with what they believe good sentences, let 'em write their own story.

Keep the stories coming Jake - most of us love your unique style.

Orion623Orion623over 17 years ago
A Minority Opinion

I liked the story. It was a simple tale of a young woman who never got over her first love. Even while married to Jon she continued to write to Ralph for the 10 years of marriage to Jon. Because she had to get married due to a pregnancy she felt Jon did not really love her.

Jon got Sara pregnant and did the right thing, according to his moral code, and married her. But he was not sure that he loved her and certainly did not trust her due to her past history with Ralph.

Ralph comes to town and makes short work of seducing Sara. Jon gets upset, divorces Sara and she marries Ralph. It does not take long for Ralph to show his true colors by encouraging Sara to have a swap arrangement, just as he had asked of her while she was with him in high school. Sara and Ralph divorce and Jon and Sara get back together once they discover that they really do love one another.

A simple story that was well told.

Yes, I am aware that Jake could use an editor. But even without an editor these stories will retain a singular flavor that is Pure Jake.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
A Moving Story

That was a Moving Story i know Jon wanted to chew her ass out for talking about Philip when he is trying to win her back i will give it a 150 for realism and feeling great work Jake keep it coming alright.

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
good story

a good story but your transitions from person to person and the story flow was a bit choppy, needs some work . Hard to believe such a big war hero being taken down by a non trained house husband who doesnt even work out , otherwise a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Umm..

could have been, but no. this story is not an easy read. it needs to be rewritten.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great story

I liked your story, and think you wrote it perfectly!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Ok I have read all the story

First of all I was struck with how disfunctional all your characters were. I guess that means that you the writer is disfunctional. I shutter to think that what you have written actually represents married people. It represents retarded young people who ..did you say that he made a 100 Grand a year. I guess thats what's wrong with America, The retards making a 100 grand and their marriage games like high school kids that have never grown up. After reading your story i am going to see some real people and get a taste of reality. Your characters sure don't have any. That's because you don't have the least idea of what life is all about. You are pitiful

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
What a

stupid cunt he is for takink the whore back again.

shangoshangoover 15 years ago
The fumes from this garbage

Could choke all the Gods of Olympus! You NEVER explained why he would want her back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
the snake

The snake has an IQ of 6 this has to be one of the dumbest story ever written. The characters are as dumb as the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
the snake

The snake has an IQ of 6 this has to be one of the dumbest story ever written. The characters are as dumb as the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
the snake

The snake has an IQ of 6 this has to be one of the dumbest story ever written. The characters are as dumb as the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
the snake

The snake has an IQ of 6 this has to be one of the dumbest story ever written. The characters are as dumb as the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good One

Pretty fucked up, what she and his sister did to him whilst he waited home with the kids. Yet she had her reasons as explained at the end. That they realized they still loved each other and got back together was a good ending. This happens often enough. Face it, there are none of us that do not fuck up during our marriages. It's in our nature to want more than what we have at times...

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Unbelievably Bad

One of the worst wimp out "whorror" stories I have ever attempted to read. Way to long, and just plain stupid, my god woman, do you really expect anybody to buy this crap without becoming ill?

shangoshangoalmost 14 years ago
Crap

This is all the comment needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
SHIT!

Nothing less than pure shit!

cpetecpeteover 13 years ago
Liked the story please write more.

Well done Jake. While I was not a big fan of how Jon and Sara got back together you had a tale that kept me interested and kept me reading.

Your fine story in the end has Jon always 2nd place in Sara mind, a "fallback" position. Jon is basicly a decent guy trying to do the right things for his family. You have written Sara as never really sorry for screwing over Jon-Sara is just sorry her "true" love Ralph and her choice for Ralph did not turn out as expected.

I wish you had the wife Sara get some grief in this story. As you have written the story Sara is the only winner-Sara gets to be together with her high school football star and in the end gets rewarded with her old husband/meal ticket back + all the money/stuff from the two divorces with no repercussions-except unaccepting her new husband Ralph is Bi.

You were on the right track when Jon told Sara he had the same issues with Sara as Sara had with Ralph-TRUST-and how Jon could never trust Sara again & Jon would be wondering about if Sara was cheating again. After all Sara had so far had no negative impact on screwing over Jon.

Would have been great if there had been some payback to Sara-if Sara got a STD from Ralph -anything to give Sara some Karma payback. (Next chapter you should have Jeans husband pass away and have Jon leave Sara for Jean after kids are growm, etc-THAT would be proper payback on Sara!)

In the end it was a fine story and it did seem you had Jon did get back with Sara more for "comfort" then love.

Thaks for the story & Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
story should have been called

Hero and the Creampie Kid - long winded rubbish

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Usually I rail against WACC Stories

This time not. You Just simply wrote that emotion out of my head. I'm going to get so much shit from the others but... hey you wrote so it's your fault LOL. BTW WACC Wimp Ass Castrated Cuckold

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
YOU CANT GO BEYOND THE LINES

even that they are changing, they are still there. TK U MLJ LV NV

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 11 years ago
You are a good writer

I have to say, your writing rings the truth. Yes yes it's fiction, but the characters speak with real voices. I like Jakewho and winterfrog, you are right in there, as someone who can create characters that are belevable

Chilley

user110user110over 11 years ago
wow, good job!

LOVED the real characters! no retards, wimps, size queens, etc.! fuck, i'm giddy!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Very Worthwhile Journey Albeit Some Detours & Plot Potholes !

I agree with everything that both advocates & critics had to say about this story. My primary nit pick was the narrative voice was under-educated for his computer programmer vocation.

His original job was a roofer & frankly that's what fit. Yet Jon as a main character regardless of job was a interesting , sympathetic character with flaws of his own, which made the story relatable & easy to follow.

Sara the cheating wife had good qualities cc motherhood standards, work ethic & supporting spouse thru studying. The Machevellian & dissembling traits were very disconcerting. One good choice the author made was not having these two characters reunite after long-ish period of time. They know each other now & are not forced by birth control mishap.

Quality read is my verdict. The feel of the story carried the weight when iffy technique was discernible. I thank the author & hope for future creative endeavors from him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice story

Thanks for taking the time to write it. I was hoping they'd get back together so it worked for me.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
I am open to

authors having couples reconcile. This author did not convince me it was appropriate in this case. She disrespected him too much. Planning for fucking Randy, lying about the first night, going straight to the beer party, and (most of all) the way she treated him when she admitted what she had done. Still, an interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

well cuck boy you will be cleaning up behind another hero soon

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago
Reconciliation is great.

I am all for reconciliation stories but in this case he was a fool for taking her back.

All through their marriage were the letters.

She planned the sex with Ralph well in advance of the reunion

She rubbed her cheating in his face when she was found out.

She married her lover.

Only when the 2nd marriage went south did she want her old life back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
well

Really, she was not a very nice person.

She emotionally cheated on him their whole marriage.

Then she planned and executed a sex hook up, while having him watch her kids no less.

Then she allowed her lover to mark her. And no way a woman does realize thats happening to the extent you wrote it.

She then married the lover.

So how long till she cheats again?

Could you see yourself marrying her again?

And you wrote about her kids were her priority, yet, every single action she took was to intentionally damage her kids lives.

So the story needed something to redeem her, or you needed to writ her alot less evil.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Two of a Kind

Two fucked up people in a fucked up world. The planned cheating was too much for me. She got angry? What was not really mentioned was any real concern for the kids other than possibly being molested. Neither parent seemed to get that when you have kids, if you cheat, you cheat on them too! How good a mother could she ever have been?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
2. I've never given less than a 5

If I don't like a story, I just don't rate it. She was so selfish and aweful to him, and he took her back?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a Dumb Fuck

He's got to be the dumbest idiot on the planet to take her back..

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Very Stupid

Your reconciliation flies only because you want it to not because of anything you wrote.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
No thanks.

Those two wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the ass. I can't imagine spending more than 5 minutes with either of them.

norcal62norcal62almost 5 years ago
I'm with Just_Words.

Lousy set up, same for conclusion. Characters are dopes.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Sounds like he has serious self-esteem issues, and Sara has his number pretty good. Under those circumstances, maybe being stuck with her is best for him. Definitely a better deal for the kids.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

I tried to find something to like about this, but this RAAC story was too much to stomach. She was definitely a cheating whore , he is a idiot. Taking her back proved that without any doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Simple minded folks leading lives of quiet desperation and bigotry

This story was a challenge to read. It was frequently a prolonged uphill slog, difficult to complete when it appears likely the view from the top will not justify the effort. The author manages to present a plausible portrayal of life among non-college educated men and women of low average intelligence and little interest or skill in self reflection. In short, it was a rather dull melodrama filled with petty characters whose adult lives are spent struggling to master feelings and desires left unresolved during adolescence.

The comments capecodmercury made in September of 2006 deserve to be echoed. Ralph's bisexuality was inauthentic and contrived. That superfluous aspect of the story was a blatant slur on the LGBTQ community. Studies have conclusively shown homosexuals are no more likely to be pedophiles than are heterosexuals. That asserted association is a lie born of hate, ignorance and prejudice. The inclusion of such pathetic idiocy in the story reflected poorly on the author and was a sad disservice to his readers.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

I was mad, I knew he was marking me up to throw it in your face, but then I knew I had marked him so I knew I was just fucked up at that point."

What was marking him proving? One of many logic fails in this terrible story

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

I really like the story, as the storyline progressed, she became the one character I really didn't care for as they divorced, and then she married Ralph. Then when that went south and our two main characters Jon and Sara started to get back together and the chemistry the author put between them, I could see maybe they might have a 2nd chance at happiness as they became closer and realized that they still loved each other. In the story as I was concerned, they were destined to be back together and, in the end, they did remarry and 10 years later they were still going strong and had indicated that they both found true love this time. Gets my 5-star vote ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 2 years ago

Were Jean and Sara the only two single women in that town? He was in his thirties, nice looking and made six figures. Nothing? Not even single mothers in that town? Oh well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rename this "Idiots in Love?"

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So she's still playing games and he's gonna happily take her back? Wow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I don't mind her Jedi mind trick game at the end. She had no way to know if he would make a move or not. Was it smart? Heck no. It was foolish. But people do foolish things all the time. I have much bigger issues with this story.

In terms of actual sexual cheating, they are almost a wash (almost). Both banged other people for two nights / days with no remorse and lying all the way. He banged Jean on two different occasions for the better part of a night. She had a full night (3 f$cks that night and 1 in the morning) with the "Hero" at the reunion, but she put a lot of deceit into it. With planning and hotel room receipts and lying on the phone. The mC confronted her at the beer bash, and she ended up giving the asshole a blowjob at the bash, and then screwing him twice in the car in the parking lot while drunk off her ass and others seeing them, and even blowing another guy at asshole's request. Some will argue what she did was worse as she had zero remorse either. Dunnos. They both cheated and lied and showed no guilt. She thought he had cheated with Jean but had no proof. The fact the she still banged asshole after her husband departed and in front of so many people is also an obscene thing.

What tips her is partly before and mostly after. Thr before was the long correspondence with Asshole over the years, and then after fighting with her husband, opening thr door to the henhouse, allowing asshole to put a wedge in their marriage though he only wanted in her panties. When thr M had his two 'stay late' f$ck session with Jean, she talked with Asshole and he reinforced her fears that her husband was cheating, which in fact was correct. Something btw the MC NEVER admitted to. Anyways this plus asshole's promises and endearment, got him into her panties at the reunion, amplified by the MC's sister June who banged Jeff/Jack just as much that first night and would have done more butnwas caught by Jerry her husband. June certainly added gasoline to the fire. What a sh$tty sister. Anyways the letters are not good, but became an emotional al affair some 3 months prior to the reunion. Really not good.

But it is the after that makes Sarah deplorable. She would have learned anyways that her husband and others know via her antics and June getting punched by Jerry. But she was clueless. Instead when confronted with all the hickey marks around her thighs and vagina, she goes on the attack. She never apologizes. By then she just wanted the kids and was ready to move in with Ralph the asshole. He filed for divorce right away, not taking Jean's advice, and she never talked to him or tried to explain. She was trading up with "Hero" boy. And somehow we are to believe she never fell out of love with the MC? Balderdash. She fell out of love with her husband, wanted the kids, Ralph was wealthy and she wanted to test out the other pastures, with an asshole who corresponded via letters for years, that she had an infatuation for when younger, who convinced her to cheat (perceived payback?), and had her suck another guy's penis, but with the promise of getting married right away once divorce final. She never was repentant. She never really apologized for what she did. The MC never confessed to her about Jean, nor showed any guilt himself. And then she went off with Ralph, moved out despite all the shenanigans in their sex life and their eventual short, doomed marriage.

Side note: why all the vitriol for Ralph being bisexual? And the implication that he might molest the children (for whom though he probably didn't really care much for in the first place, was trying as a stepdad) was beyond execrable. Her irrational fear and the implied perceptions from the author are abominable. Sexual predators of children have nothing to do with sexual preferences. Just a horrific add into the story mix. That royally ruined the story arc for me. Forget the bisexuality. For her it was all about the swinging, which didn't freak her out UNTIL thr bisexual acts and her fear for her kids. Wtf? What about Ralph trolling for and picking up other women at clubs and f$cking them several times a week? That is barely mentioned by Sarah. It is her bone headed and irrational fears regarding his bisexuality that threaten her children and hence she abandons Ralph. Wtf?

After all of this is it any wonder that they take 6+ years to reconcile? Yes rhe husband cheated snd that lends some perspective. But her vicious attempts to get him to hit her by insisting his manhood was always inferior and that he was eager to get Ralph's leftovers in her vagina. That was sick. She went too far. And only had buyer's remorse later on with Ralph. Maybe not long after the MC filed. But the destruction of their marriage was mostly on her (though hubby did set certain things in motion). Hence don't see after 6 years apart why they reconcile at all? Again did she ever really apologize for what she did before, during, and after the reunion? Didn't seem so. She just realized she made thr wrong choice with Ralph and wanted her husband back. Who wisely rejected her wimpy attempt at reconciliation. Their time together with the kids was all about her fears, her need for support and her feelings about Ralph. Her feelings about her ex husband were a distant backseat and they did crap all to talk about her betrayal except for recitation of her adultery (which left some things out). But six years later, suddenly he has an epiphany, as Jean has gotten married and he is bored and lonely and now wants to date Sarah again. Them the games with Philip. Huh?

Hard to rate as the bisexual-molestation link is so hideous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Meh as soon as she was discovered and went on thr attack trying to bait him into hitting her so she could get a TRO and damage him in a divorce, that should have absolutely killed any reconciliation. Other than that they were both cheated. She suspected him being with Jena but neve knew for sure. It was the edge issue that got Ralph into her pants. Her liaisons at the reunion were deceitful and at thr end grotesque when she bangs Ralph in the car in a parking lot of where the Beer Bash is being held and other people watch it. When she found out his sister got caught, she knew she was dead in the water. She knew (or thought she knew) that she had burned all bridges, hence she went scorched earth and took up with Ralph. But the way in which she just instantly decided that and went so brutal...even after six years see no way to reconcile. Yes she had buyer's remorse with Ralph. But there is a reason the MC did not get back with her after her quick divorce from Ralph. And have to concur with prior commenter: the implication that since Ralph is bisexual means that he might molest her children, is just so loathsome that it is hard to rate this story. Shows profound homophobia. Hopefully that was just showing an unsavory aspect of the character, Sarah, and nothing deeper.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous