Hideaway House

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course, I'll say tonight then."

"What time?"

"I'll pick you up at say six."

"You won't be wearing a tux will you?"

"Not in this lifetime."

"Then I'll be ready."

"Nona?"

"Yes."

"Thank you."

"Save it, you'll have all evening to thank me."

"And I intend to, bye."

"Bye Phil." After hanging up Nona tried to work on her story but gave that up. Her mind went from images of the list of names and then to Peter with different women. She was glad she didn't know just how out of control he was even then. Hearing about it now just made her hate him that much more. Had she learned of it when she was married to him she would have been devastated. Then she thought of Phil. Listening to his voice and how happy he sounded made her smile and she wanted the evening to arrive quickly.

Once again, Nona tore into her wardrobe. She wanted to look nice for dinner with Phil. She opted for slacks and then went in search for the right blouse. She found just the right one but had to change her bra first. She liked how she looked and she smiled when she realized just how much cleavage she would be showing him, but at the last minute changed her mind. She wasn't trying to seduce him after all. Her second choice was still low cut, but she felt it was more appropriate than the other one. She wanted to please him, and she felt that the uplifting bra and the nice vee cut in her silk blouse was about right. She studied herself in the mirror and moved this way and that and leaned forward to make sure she wasn't showing too much of herself, and then smiled in satisfaction. She was ready and with twenty minutes to spare. She slipped on her heels and once again looked at herself. The heels were the perfect finish. Now her legs looked longer, and when she walked away from the mirror her butt seemed just teasing enough. There was no doubt about it, Nona wanted to tease and impress Phil.

She heard him pull into her driveway, but she didn't want to appear eager so she waited until he was ringing the doorbell before she went to greet him. She opened the door and smiled as she looked at this handsome man before her. She didn't move as his eyes went out of control. He managed to look at her face for a second, but that was the end of his will. He just stared at her before saying, "Oh shit. Sorry, I mean Nona, you look stunning."

"Thank you. Is this okay for the evening?"

"You are fantastic and any man that disagrees with me will be shot."

"Don't tell me you're armed."

"Not now. In fact, I feel totally defenseless as I look at you." She carefully kissed his cheek and said, "I'm starved."

"Then let's do something about that."

The restaurant that Phil chose wasn't overly fancy. If he was going to impress her, it had to be he that impressed her, not the restaurant or how much he was willing to spend on her. As they walked from the car to the restaurant entrance, she saw his notebook and said, "Did you take that with you everywhere when you were married?"

"No I didn't dare, because I might have used it to beat some sense into her drug altered head. Does it bother you?"

"I just feel a little like you're going to interrogate me or something."

"I have it just in case something important pops into my head and I want to put it on paper. I want to remember the thought just as it came to me."

"You do have an interesting system."

"I've been told that before."

As they had their dinner, Phil said, "I talked to John Mosby a couple of days ago and gave him what I have so far. He was a little cryptic, but I think our Peter Koloff is in some kind of real trouble. John has promised me that he will tell me the whole story as soon as he can."

"My friend says that Peter has been bedding about everything that wears panties, or at least has tried. According to her, he doesn't even care what age they are, only what they can do for him. A little piece of information that he can use or whatever he can get, in return the women get a roll in the hay with a young man that tells them they are amazing lovers, or whatever else they want to hear."

"Well, that tells it in plain English."

"You should have heard how my friend phrased it."

"Is she in a position to know?"

"I'd have to say, yes. Plus, he tried to get her into bed too."

"When did all of this happen?"

"It started even before I got a divorce and it's still going on."

"And these women aren't on to him?"

"I asked that question and Angela...sorry, you didn't hear me say that name, she says it doesn't matter all that much. These are women who are well connected, who's husbands are busy and neglecting them, or they are getting older and want or need to be told that they are still stunning or sexy or whatever. A gigolo in a way. He's paid in information, and they are paid in flattery and sex."

"So they are willing victims."

"I'd have to agree with that."

"How much of this were you aware of before?"

"Almost none of it, but I like I told you, I did know he was being unfaithful. Isn't that a laugh now? Unfaithful doesn't quite cover that, does it."

"Not even close. You're lucky he didn't bring you a nasty surprise in the form of disease."

"You can bet I've had a full physical since leaving him."

"I'll bet you weren't this calm and in control in the early days of your separation."

"I was pretty much a basket case actually."

"I can imagine."

"Phil...about that time when he bound me and put me on display, the names of those two men are on that list too."

"I didn't ask you before, but did either of them touch you?"

"They would have, but I screamed so loudly that I think I scared them almost as much as they scared me."

"Good for you."

"I'm still trying to figure out how you got me to tell you about some very intimate details when I hardly knew you."

"Maybe you needed to tell somebody, to get it all out in the open. I'm glad I was able to make you comfortable enough to let go of it."

"You are the only one in the world outside of Peter and those two men, that know that ever happened."

"I don't know how you did it, but you don't seem permanently scarred from it. You didn't end up hating all men or whatever, but you must have some strong feelings about ever being restrained again."

"You can bet I will have to have total and complete trust and faith in my partner first."

"But did you with Peter?"

"Yes and no. I knew he had issues, but I never expected that to happen."

"I'm sure not."

As they finished their after dinner drink and he paid the bill, Nona, thinking she was going to at least surprise him, or even shock him said, "It's only fair that I ask you this. With your ex wife doing drugs did that affect her level of...I don't know desire, and passion, I guess?"

Phil didn't blink an eye and answered, "Our sex life was full and very good if that's what you are asking."

"Well, yes."

"At least it was until toward the end. Then the cocaine became her lover."

"You didn't even flinch when I asked you that. I expected at least a funny look."

He smiled and took her hand in his and answered, "If you can handle that kind of open honesty, then I can too."

Chapter Eleven

As they drove back to Nona's, he looked at her and asked, "Did I tell you how incredible you look tonight?"

"You did mention it, but I like hearing it again."

"My words seem so inadequate, so I'll just have to keep repeating myself for emphasis. I had to work hard at the restaurant just to keep my mind on what I was saying to you, because my eyes kept controlling my thoughts."

Nona didn't know what to say so she paused and then asked him, "Do you think you have done about all you can about Peter?"

"No, I think I would be doing the world a big favor if I were to castrate him, but I guess that's against the law."

"A nice sentiment, but you're right, it might get you into trouble."

As soon as they were at Nona's and her front door was closed behind them Phil turned her around and with his hand behind her neck gently pulled her to him until their lips touched. Then as her arms went around him his went behind her and they shared their first kiss. Rather than it ending, the kiss became deeper as her tongue found his, and their hands gently and slowly moved over each other's back. When she finally looked up at him, her knees almost buckled. The way he kissed her and then looked at her made her feel like he had just kissed her very soul. She held him even closer as she whispered, "What are you doing to me?"

His eyes never left hers as he said, "Nona, I have dreamed of holding you and of kissing you ever since I saw you for the first time. It didn't feel right for me to be asking you all of those questions and then suddenly kiss you, but that's exactly what I wanted to do." She led him to the couch and they sat close and her hand in his. He turned toward her and said, "I'm going to call John Mosby tomorrow and tell him I can't do anything more for him. I can't keep pumping you for answers and at the same time want you in my arms more than anything in the world."

"I really don't mind."

"Then I'll talk to him and see if we can't bring this to a head somehow. I want to see Peter swinging from a rope and I don't care what charges it takes to get him there. Nona, I don't know what tomorrow will bring for us, but for me at least, nothing in the world is more important than giving us every chance to be together and see where it takes us."

Nona just leaned into him and slipped her arm behind his back and rested the side of her face on his chest.

"Phil, I keep telling myself that I have to slow down and get control of my emotions."

"Do you really feel out of control?"

"I don't know if I'm out of control, or just afraid."

"What are you afraid of?"

"You...us...me."

"Are you afraid that I'll walk out of your life or hurt you?"

"No...I don't know." Phil had to wonder if Peter had done more damage to her than either of them realized.

"Nona, I'm sorry if I've scared you, or have moved too fast, or something. But I can promise you I will not willingly walk out of your life. You will have to tell me to go and never come back. That's the only way you'll be rid of me."

"I don't want to be rid of you, that much I do know. I don't even want you to go home tonight, but at the same time I want you to go home, so I can try to sort out my feelings and my fears. I knew that one day I would meet someone special, and I was so sure that I would be ready when it happened. But look at me."

"I have been looking at you and I can't stop admiring you."

"I mean look at how messed up I am. Look at how my self confidence is crumbling around me." He gently tipped her head up to look at him and he kissed her softly.

"We have time, Nona. You don't have to make any decisions right now. Not even what you'll have for breakfast. Would you rather be someplace other than here with me right now?"

"There is no place in this world for me right now except right here with you."

"Then there is nothing for you to worry about."

"Phil, it's just that when we kissed and then you looked at me, it was like my whole existence was jolted. Like the whole universe was knocked off balance for a minute."

"It serves you right because that's about how you have affected me every time I've been around you. I can be in my office and in the middle of something important, even on an important call and you will pop into my mind and I'll lose my bearings for a second."

"Phil, this is all just too fast for me."

"Would you like me to go home?"

"No, let's just go to the kitchen and get some wine or something. I think I need to move around and try to think straight." When they stood up they fell into a long embrace, but they didn't kiss again and then he followed her to the kitchen.

She handed him a bottle of wine and the opener and as he worked on that she got two glasses from the cupboard. He poured until their glasses were about half full and then he said, "To you, to us and to tomorrow." They both tasted their wine and then she kissed him softly before saying, "That's the best this wine has ever tasted."

"So, if you were writing this story what would you have happen next?"

"Something that in the real world just wouldn't be at all smart. Something that makes for good reading only."

"And that's all you will tell me?"

"As a writer I have to have my secrets. But I have to admit that this whole evening has helped me solve a problem I'm having with my protagonist."

"I hope I've played a small part in that solution."

"A very large part as a matter of fact."

They were quiet for a minute as they slowly drained their glasses and he added just another splash to each of them. "Phil, are you really going to talk to John Mosby tomorrow?"

"I am. If you are willing, I'll stick it out, but he has to be more forthcoming with what the hell is going on. If I'm working for him, then he can't claim confidentiality restrictions."

"And if he says no?"

"Then I'll take myself off the case. I have other things to do, so it isn't like I'll starve without his money."

"I can't help but be burning with curiosity. I have no doubt that he's up to his neck in something, but whether or not it's illegal is another question."

"If I can learn anything, I'll call you if you're going to be home."

"I'll be here." Phil put his glass down and took her in his arms again. "Nona, I'm going to go home. If I stay here I can promise you that I will not be able to leave you alone for a minute." She managed to put her glass on the counter and then her arms went around him.

"You make it very hard for me." She blushed and quickly said, "I mean to decide. To decide if I want you to leave so I can think straight, or just say the hell with it and ask you to stay."

He gave her a light kiss and said, "If I stay you might have a very hard time getting rid of me later. I'll call you tomorrow even if I don't get hold of John."

"Phil, thank you for dinner and for a wonderful evening. I know I'm mixed up, but be patient with me."

"I told you earlier, nothing says either of us is under a deadline. We have time so you can decide about tomorrow when it gets here."

"What about you?"

"I'll have to save that answer for another day."

"So you know about your tomorrow."

"No, my tomorrow is undecided too I'm afraid."

"You are a mystery."

"Not really, but tonight is not the time to explain it. I will say this. There is an old Elvis Presley song where part of the melody is, my insides are shaking like a leaf on a tree, and that's just how I'm feeling right now. Now if I don't go home, I'm going to say too much." He gave her a long kiss and then in a soft voice said, "I'll call you tomorrow," and he headed for the door before he could change his mind.

Nona stayed in the kitchen and watched him as long as she could, and when she heard her door close, she dropped into a chair and laid her head on her arms on the table.

Chapter Twelve

Phil was up by six Thursday morning and on the road a little after seven. When he was about half an hour west of John Mosby's office in D.C., he called him. "Hi, it's Phil."

"Good morning."

"I'm less than half an hour from your office and headed your way."

"Oh, well okay."

"I'll give you what little more I've come up with when I see you."

"Okay, I'll be looking for you then." Phil wanted to either learn something or get clear away from the whole mess around Peter Koloff. He didn't even want to see or hear his name anymore unless he could see that there was some point to it, some end to the story.

When he went in to John's office, his secretary said, "Go on in Mr. Cooper."

"Thank you," and he knocked and then opened the door. John hung up the phone and they shook hands.

"What brings you to the big city?"

"I wanted to give you what little more I had for you, but I want to talk to you too."

"Okay, shoot."

"John, bring me up to speed on this Peter Koloff. Just what is it that he's suspected of being involved in? This working in the dark is driving me crazy, and I can only be about half effective this way."

"I promised my client that I would keep it confidential, Phil."

"Damn it John, I'm working for you, remember? You're paying me good money for that in fact. If I can't be trusted to work in the best interests of your client, then I have no business working on the case and we'll just close the books on my involvement."

"Now hold on, don't get so cranked up over this."

"I've never worked on a case with my hands tied behind my back before, and it really sucks."

"Okay, relax, and sit down, coffee?"

"Depends do you have something to tell me?"

"Yes damn it, now sit down. Black right?"

"Right."

John handed Phil a steaming cup of coffee and then getting one for himself sat down next to him. "Okay, but remember none of this can be proved just yet."

"Of course not, if it were we wouldn't still be working on it."

"Damn, you're testy today."

"I have other issues pending and this is starting to interfere with those."

"Okay. My client came to me with the claim that Peter Koloff was blackmailing her, but she was afraid to go to the police. She expected me to go out and break both of his legs, so I had to convince her that she had watched too many old movies. Anyway, that's where all of this started."

"So he lives in Harrisonburg, but the blackmailing happened in D.C.?"

"That's right. She showed me a photo that he sent her. It was of her and she was naked as they come and she wasn't in her bed at home. In fact, she was outdoors and in the background was what she said is an apartment complex. By the way, she's too old to be doing shit like that. Anyway, she said he called her and said that he needed some help with developing contacts inside the beltway of D.C.. My client is very well known and has a lot of influence in certain circles."

"So instead of blackmailing for money, she's being nailed for favors."

"That's it. It's going to be damn hard to prove that what she says really happened. How can you trace a favor?"

"Has he been in contact with her since that call?"

"Just once. He supposedly called her to remind her that he had a number of other very embarrassing photos to share with the world if she didn't help him."

"Well, judging from what I've been able to learn that certainly sounds like something he might do."

"I have to agree."

"But...?"

"But I haven't been able to develop anything that I could take to the police. She could just be pissed off because he rejected her advances or whatever. She admitted that she willingly posed for those photos and also admitted that doing that was a very stupid thing to do."

"No shit, but nobody ever said you have to be smart to be rich, just lucky or good looking. I'd have to say my client was both. Anyway it gets even more interesting. She and a friend of hers were drinking and talking, and her friend told her a similar story involving our Peter Koloff, so I end up with another picture of another naked over the hill rich bitch. Needless to say, there was also another demand for favors accompanied with threats of publishing a fistful of very revealing photos of her. Also, needless to say, neither of these women wants to lose the good life that they enjoy now so they want this all kept very quiet.

John refilled their cups and sat back down before saying, "They want him dealt with, but if I can't do that, they will roll over and give him what he wants rather than squawk to the cops." "I would like nothing better than to see our man Peter get his gonads stapled to the barn wall."

"He sounds like a real piece of work that's for sure, but what the hell were these women using for brains?"

1...345678