Hideaway House

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They are rich, neglected, love starved, and well past their prime years, so they're vulnerable to the likes of Mr. Koloff. He feeds them a long line of bullshit and makes over them up to and including banging their bones. They eat it up, and when he flatters them even more by taking their pictures while they bare their ass, and he tells them how hot they still are. I'd bet that in their day both of those women were something to look at."

"They're still very attractive, so I'm sure they were an eyeful twenty years ago or more." "And Peter just happens to be one of those guys that can call vinegar, sugar water, and have some people believe him. Anyway, I don't know that there is a lot more that I can do for you from my end anyway."

"So what the hell was all of that bullshit about walking away from the case then?"

"I wanted to know what the hell this has all been about."

"Well shit."

"I do have one more person I'd like to talk to if she is willing, but I'm not sure that anything would come of it even if she agrees to see me."

"All I can say is good luck to you. I'm not getting very far at this end either. Phil do you think that Koloff would actually publish those photographs?"

"If he saw it was to his advantage to do that, I have no doubt that he would. He is without conscience and a useless waste of flesh."

"Then if something doesn't happen to change my mind soon I'm going to suggest they bow to his wishes as best they can. When all is said and done, nobody will die or go broke if they do what he demands."

"Unless his demands go up."

"And that could very well happen, and if it does we'd have to revisit the whole thing and probably get the police involved whether those women like it or not."

"Want to bet those two women aren't his only victims?"

"I'm not taking that bet. So what about his wife? She must know about his screwing around." "She has to know. Maybe I can learn something about her."

Phil stood up then and said, "Okay, I'm out of here. I'll see about talking to that woman and then send you my last report and the bill for my hours."

"Good luck."

"Thanks, you too."

Chapter Thirteen

As Phil headed back toward Harrisonburg he called Nona. "Hello."

"Hi, it's me."

"Hi."

"I'm headed back from D.C. and should be in town by noon or so, and I have news but it will cost you a cup of coffee."

"Is that all?"

"Oh no."

"Good. I'll even have lunch ready for us."

"Sounds great."

"Is the news about Peter and that whole mess?"

"Yes it is."

"And?"

"I'll tell you when I get there. See you soon love." Phil was feeling good. If he could just interview Nona's friend Angela and get that information to John then maybe they could put the whole mess behind them and get on with their lives.

Nona heard Phil pull in and opened her front door as he came up the walk. He stopped before he reached the two steps and just smiled at her. "God, you look sexy standing there." She must have liked what he said because as soon as he was inside she put her arms around him and they kissed.

"I know I look frumpy, but this is how I dress when I'm at my computer. I'm glad you still think I'm sexy though."

"You are definitely sexy no matter what you're wearing." She gave him another kiss and then they went to the living room. He stopped her about midway and turned her around.

"I have to have another kiss before we eat or talk or whatever."

They kissed again and when it was over she whispered, "We better eat or talk or whatever."

"I kind of like the idea of whatever."

She knew what he meant and she wanted the same thing, but she smiled and said, "Oh no, I want to hear what you have to say first."

"I'll compromise with you, coffee first, then conversation and then whatever else."

"What about lunch?"

"We can come back to that later."

They went to the kitchen and Nona poured their coffee. Turning around and leaning against the counter she handed him his coffee and said, "Okay now tell me what you learned."

"Peter is blackmailing a couple of women. He has nude photos of them."

"Oh my God."

"He says he wants to trade the photos for some kind of help inside the beltway. He's up to something that requires some kind of influence I guess."

"Do you know who the women are?"

"John didn't say and I didn't push it."

"So what can he do about it?"

"That's the problem, he hasn't come up with a solution for those women. They absolutely do not want the police involved."

"I can understand that. I have to assume that either they or their husbands are well known in social or political circles and those photos could destroy somebody's career or worse."

"I feel badly for them, but not a lot. What they did was about the worst thing they could have done."

"I'm sure they know that now. So what happens now?"

"Well if he can't figure something out, he's going to suggest they meet his demands as long as they don't escalate."

"And what about you?"

"Nona, could you set it up so I could talk to that Angela?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Phil, she has to be so very careful about who she is seen with, what she says and even where she goes."

"So she's pretty well known or famous or whatever?"

"She's very well known and respected. One bad word or situation could be devastating for her. I like her and have a lot of respect for her. I just can't jeopardize her position or reputation. What else could she possibly tell you anyway?"

"About Bethany, Peter's wife."

"What? Why her?"

"Because she must know at least some of what is going on. She can't be unaware of his philandering."

"Maybe she knows and doesn't care."

"Anything is possible. She could even be in on his plans, but I doubt it. I'm betting she is in over her head."

"Then she should get out."

"Maybe she can't for some reason."

Nona turned her back to him and asked him, "Why should you care now?"

"Because this is what I do. Just as you write for a living, I investigate, but it goes much farther than that. I want to see him stopped. I want to see him pay for what he's doing and I want to see him pay for what he did to you. At the very least I want to see him run out of town, but arrested would be much better. He's running around destroying lives and not even looking back."

She turned back around and looking at him said, "You sound like you hate him even more than I do."

"I hate him and all that he represents."

"Enough to possibly destroy Angela's life in the process?"

"All I want to do is talk to her, anywhere and any time, as long as it is soon. Her name will never be mentioned or written down."

"Why not just talk to Bethany?"

"Because she could say something to Peter, because I don't know how she would react and like you said, there's that possibility that she's involved in some way. Look, just call Angela and talk to her about it and let her decide."

"But she thinks that you're just investigating for a security check."

"Tell her the real reason then, but try to tell her as little as possible. From what you were telling me, it sounded like she doesn't think much of Peter."

"She thinks he's awful."

"Well, there you go. Tell her I'm investigating him for some wrongdoing. You don't have to admit that you know all the sordid details. If she hates him, she might jump at the chance to play an anonymous part in taking him out of circulation."

Nona rubbed her forehead and then her temple as she said, "I don't know, Phil."

He put his hands on her shoulders and gave her a pleading look. "Please honey, all she can say is no. This isn't just for me. We may be able to help at least those two women and get some revenge for what he did to you at the same time."

Nona was silent for a minute, but when she looked up at him she was smiling.

"It's so damn hard to tell you no. Okay I'll call her." Before he could comment she picked up her phone and scrolled through the number directory and then dialed Angela's number but got her answering machine. "Angela, this is Nona. When you get a minute will..."

"Nona, hi."

"Oh hi...um, remember I said that the detective was working on a security clearance?"

"Yes of course."

"Angela, don't be mad but that's not quite the truth. Peter is in some kind of big trouble and I've been helping the detective as much as I can."

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I was afraid you might shy away and not help. I'm sorry I was dishonest with you."

She laughed and said, "That's nothing new around here. So what kind of trouble is he in?"

"I'd rather let Phil, the detective tell you that part but...", and Phil dropped his notebook in front of her and she saw where he had quickly scribbled, anytime and anywhere. "Is there someplace or time soon that he could talk...?" Then she saw something else in his notebook. He had written, I love her so much it hurts, and she almost dropped the phone.

"Nona...Nona, are you still there?"

"I...yes, could you come here and talk to him? You're name will never be mentioned by the way and Phil only knows you by your first name."

"You mean now?"

"As soon as possible, but I know that you have obligations."

"Wait, let me look. How about five, but I'll only have about half an hour or so."

"Thank you Angela that will help."

"So I get to meet this handsome guy then."

"You will and I'm anxious to show him off to you."

"I'll see you at five then." She slowly put the phone down and looked over at Phil and he saw the tears.

"What's wrong?" She just smiled and showed him his own notes.

"Oh."

"Is that true?"

"I wrote it in my notebook, so it must be true. I really do love you, Nona. Like the book says, I love you so much it hurts." She threw herself into his arms and held him tightly, but she didn't say she loved him.

He held her close to him and once again in a whisper said, "I've been in love with you my whole life and I'm sorry it took me so long to find you."

She looked up at him then and said, "I want to love you so much but I'm afraid."

"I will never, ever hurt you honey."

"I know you won't. I'm sorry I'm so mixed up."

"Just say you will give us a chance, give me a chance. Don't send me away."

"I can't imagine not having you in my life, Phil."

He looked at her and smiled before saying, "You are one mixed up lady."

She had to smile too then and say, "I know I am." They kissed then and it was almost as powerful as the first time they had kissed.

Phil kept kissing her lightly and then said, "I remember a compromise I made earlier." Then he kissed her and continued, "First coffee," another kiss and then, "Then conversation," yet another kiss and then, "Then whatever," and he started to pull her baggy top up until she raised her arms and he slipped it off and tossed it aside. She was watching him and her face was getting flushed as his hands went to her loose pants and a few seconds later they dropped to the floor. As his hands went to the hasp on her bra, they kissed again and when she moved back, he took the bra away and tossed it toward her top.

Chapter Fourteen

Phil wanted this to last for both of them, but he wanted it to be especially good for her. They were still standing in the kitchen, so he picked her up and carried her to the hallway leading to her bedroom and set her down. Without a word, she took his hand and led him to her bedroom before turning around and kissing him as her hands went to the buttons on his shirt. He watched her in total admiration and awe as she undressed him and kissed his belly before she slipped his underwear down. He did the same with her only he made a trail of kisses as he moved lower and his lips followed the top of her panties until he kissed her between her legs. He scooped her up in his arms again then, and laid her on the bed and then joined her and before they did anything else they kissed again. He wanted to look at and taste every inch of her, but that would have to wait just a little while. It was only a couple of minutes later when she urged him on top of her and she guided him into her. Despite his earlier wishes, they made love hard and fast. Nona moaned and mumbled as she climbed to one hard and fast orgasm, but didn't stop as she urged him on through his as she had a second smaller one. Even then she told him to lie on his back and she mounted him and rode him for a few minutes before she collapsed. Then even though his cock was soft she lay on top of him and kissed him. "I told you earlier that I just have a hard time saying no to you."

"And you can bet I have every intention of taking advantage of that fact." She let herself relax and with the side of her face resting on his bare chest she said, "Tell me again that you love me."

"I really do honey, I do love you so much." His hands slowly moved up and down her bare back and he felt the curve of her butt as his hands touched her there, and then moved on to her hips before retracing the same path. "You feel so good under my hands." She moved up and kissed him and said, "And you feel so good inside of me."

"I love it when you talk dirty." She slipped down next to him then and kissed his chest and then his lips. "I hate to spoil the mood and I'm not done with you yet, but I'm starved, I didn't have breakfast this morning."

As his hand slid down past her belly he said, "So that's how you stay so thin."

She put her hand on his and pushed it between her legs and said, "We'll pick this up after lunch." Nona jumped up and tossed Phil's pants to him and she grabbed a robe before they went out for a late lunch.

They were about halfway through their meal when her phone rang and she let the machine answer it. She flinched inside when they heard, "Nona, this is Cal. I have some news that you'll want to hear. Call me soon okay? Take care, bye." She let out a breath thankful that he didn't say anything about them getting together again.

"Nona, if you want to get that it's okay."

"I'll call him from my office. It's the manager of Paradise Found Inn."

"Oh."

"It will only take me a minute, but don't stop eating. I'll be right back." When Cal answered the phone she said, "Hi, it's Nona."

"Hi. You'll hear this on the news most likely but...they arrested Bethany Koloff for the murder of Loretta." Nona's mind spun and she stared at the blank computer monitor as Cal said, "Nona...Nona, are you okay?

"Yes I'll be okay."

"I'm sorry I guess I should have prepared you a little. That is the wife of your ex husband right?"

"Yes...yes it is. Do you know any details, Cal?"

"Not yet, sorry."

"I'm sure the news will be full of coverage later. Thank you, Cal."

"You're welcome, any chance of you coming up?"

"No...Cal, I'm seeing somebody now."

"Oh. Well I wish you happiness then, Nona."

"Thank you and thanks for the call."

"You're welcome, bye." Nona hit the off button on her phone and went to rejoin Phil. She dropped into her chair and draped her napkin over her leg, but didn't move to eat.

"What's the matter, honey," Phil asked.

"They just arrested Bethany Koloff for the murder of Loretta Dunhill."

"The murdered woman at the inn?"

"Yes. Angela is coming over here so we can talk about Bethany regarding Peter and now Bethany is in a jail someplace in Washington for murder. I don't get it, where's the connection?"

"It's hard to say. Maybe Peter was having an affair with Loretta Dunhill and Bethany lost it and got rid of the problem."

"That just doesn't fit somehow."

"Things like that happen all to often."

"Oh I know, and I do research on murders and write about them, but...I don't know. It feels like a square peg in a round hole to me."

"Well, you have Peter who has a proven track record for chasing older influential women, so it's easy to imagine him either bedding that poor woman or at least chasing her. If Bethany was aware of his catting around, and she learned of Loretta and learned where she was, her being the murderer doesn't sound so far fetched."

Nona still knew nothing of Loretta's penchant for sunning naked, so she said, "But she was found naked."

"Oh, well that does change things a little. The police must have other evidence of some kind."

"You mean the same police that saw me as a suspect just because I had lunch with her?"

"They were just checking all possible leads."

"I still don't have a lot of confidence in them."

Nona got up and started to clear the table and Phil asked her, "Aren't you going to finish eating?"

"I'm not hungry now. That phone call just reminded me of how awful it must have been for Loretta."

"She was stabbed right?"

"Yes, twice I think and the murder weapon was never found."

"There was a murder just last week in Roanoke and they caught the murderer at the scene. It was a woman that time too."

"I know it does happen. Maybe it just bothers me because we were going to be talking about her."

"We still are going to be talking about her I hope. We still have the issue of blackmail and Peter to consider."

She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration and said, "I just want it all to be over with."

"It will be and very soon. We'll get what information we can from Angela and then we're out of the picture."

She put her arms around him and kissed his bare chest. "I just had the most wonderful man in my bed and here we are talking about murder most foul."

He slipped his hands inside of her robe and as he let his hands wander said, "I hope I don't sound too easy, but you can have that man in your bed just about any time you want him."

"We still have a little time before Angela gets here, if...you know you can..."

"I can so why are we out here?" Their lovemaking was slower as he explored her body with his lips and tongue and she totally submitted herself to him. Her lips went to his growing manhood for just a moment, and then he laid her on her back and entered her once again. Instead of pounding into her however, he took long slow strokes in and out of her as his left hand teased her breasts, or he would bend down and they would kiss as his hips continued to move. That slow lovemaking continued to build their passions and a few minutes later she was on top of him and bouncing up and down on him as he watched her breasts bounce.

But it was only a minute later when she lay down and said, "Take me honey, take me hard." It was over in minutes but then they lay together, first in a euphoric silence and then as they talked softly. He was certain she loved him, but he lived to hear her say that she did.

Nona looked at her watch and said, "We have less than half an hour until Angela gets here."

"Time enough for us to shower then." She was lying on her side and had her head propped up on her bent arm.

"Together?"

"Is there any other way?"

"Would you believe I've never showered with a man before?"

"Then it's up to me to introduce you to the pleasures." They didn't have much time but they did manage to tease each other as they quickly soaped and rinsed each other. They managed to towel off and just get themselves put together before Angela arrived.

Chapter Fifteen

Nona went to the door and came back with Angela with both of them talking. Phil stood up and took a quick assessment of this woman. Older, but well preserved, and striking looking and her clothes fit her perfectly. Nona did the introductions and Phil and Angela shook hands. "Angela, it's very nice to meet you. Nona sings your praises and says you are a rare breed around here in that you do your best to tell it like it is."

"I do and that puts me on the outside sometimes, but I can live with that."

"I like you already then." They sat down and Nona soon returned with glasses of wine.

1...345678