His Angel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But maybe, she could find her another man, with the full house that she needed. He hoped this was so, even though it was sure to break his heart.

He would rather have cut out his own heart, than tell her goodbye. He knew, that day was coming, sooner or later. If only, there was some other way. He knew that there was no other way they could go. He cried like a baby after that. His fingers were trembling way too much to even try to type and send her an email. He would have to call her.

She answered the phone, while wiping the sleep from her eyes. She had not slept much last night. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw his piercing blue-eyes. Then she'd call out his name and hug her pillow. Finally, around 5am, she cried herself to sleep. She listened as he poured out his heart. She knew he was hurting as much as she was. She knew in her heart that fate had dealt the final hand and they had lost.

"Oh Douglas, I could wish that I had met you 30 yrs ago. I would be your first and only wife. There would be no discussions about heartache, lost love, or the future. You know something, one of these days I am going to look fate in the eye. Then say, fuck you, this time fate, you just drew the losing hand. Douglas, I pray that one day you to will find the love, peace and happiness that you deserve. She told him she needed to see him again. She wanted to feel his arms around her one more time. Then she could say adieu. She did not want him, to hear the tears in her voice, when she told him good-bye. However, these were not tears of sadness, this time. They were tears of joy, because she had reached out her hand to him, and touched his heart. She had loved once more and now she needed to let him go.

She fell asleep that night without difficulty. She had finally begun to come to terms with everything. At 4am, she sat upright in bed, with the words of a poem running through her mind. She walked out to her computer and wrote the following. Then she emailed the poem to Douglas.

"Let Your Green-Eyed Angel Free"

How many tears will it take for this heart of mine to realize our love will never be?

How many lonely nights will I have before I realize we will never be together anymore?

How can I stop remembering your touch when I still feel your spirit all around me?

How come I crying out your name and say I love you when you do not hear me anymore?

How can I move onto tomorrow when I reminiscence and the memories block me?

How can I tell myself to let you go when my heart and soul wants you more?

Hold me in your arms one last time and love me then bid me adieu and set me free!

"Adieu my love."