All Comments on 'His Kitchen'

by Rhiannyn

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
RhiannynRhiannynabout 13 years agoAuthor

I received a question about my use of the honorific, Domina, instead of more common terms used in a female domination situation, so I decided to add this response as a comment: I had an online sub through Second Life who introduced me to it and I liked it a lot. Still shows respect, but more unique and has an elegant feel to it. Personally, I cannot stand to be called Miss. I live in the South and often little girls are called Miss as a condescending endearment. I use it as the female form of Dominus, which is the word for master or owner in Latin. I lifted that directly from Wikipedia, here's the URL if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominus_(title). If you read the first paragraph on that page you'll see Dominus is basically the word sir, in English, via the French word for Dominus, which is sieur. So, when you get down to it, it is just another spelling of the same old title of respect shown to the dominant in a D/s relationship.

Hope that answers the question. =)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Loved your story

You can really write. Please continue this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous