All Comments on 'Homework Help'

by Songbirdie

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Good

MORE. MORE!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Ehhhh.....

Needs a lot more. A very lot more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Too rushed

Moves along way too fast. Needs a ton more character development, among a ton of other things.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
dafuq?

stupid story!!!

jott50jott50about 9 years ago

i gave it a 3 simply because it was soooooooooooo short. good start tho.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Homework help

The point? Homework can be helpful, but as copywork and rote memorisation it can be one huge waste of time and effort. (Really, who goes around quoting classic poetry anymore?) And summer assignments? Back in the '50s and '60s the very notion was confined to nightmares. Now if the real idea behind homework these days is to convince kids (like it says at <a href="http://yourhomeworkhelp.org/do-my-algebra-homework/">Do My Algebra Homework</a>) that their schools are their wardens, much as all too many of their employers would be, it's succeeded brilliantly, but at the price of producing a lot of unhappy campers. Including parents.Schools are not fiefdoms.

I encourage parents of public school kids who believe the amount of homework is out of control in their school district to attend their local school board meetings and ask about the district's homework policy. If there is no policy, ask for one. If there is a reasonable policy, ask the administration to audit what is being assigned. Ask that a reasonable policy be enforced.

Writing 20 spelling words 30 times each??!! Is there any value in that?

I serve on our local board. Parents complained about the amount of summer homework given and we actually amended the policy. It was fascinating, especially at the HS level, for administrators to see what the summer homework load of an honors or AP kid looked like. Teachers grumbled at the limits, but everyone got used to it.

I have been very lucky never to have to get involved with any of my 3 kids homework (youngest now a freshman). My kids have no learning issues and are organized, so I never said when or how it had to be done. It gets done, so what difference does it make? I watch this phenom and wonder when things changed. Our parents never did homework with us. Why do parents have to be so involved now? What if you just left your kids to it? Would it not get done? If sitting at the kitchen table doesn't help them "focus," let them do it in front of the TV. How much focus does one need to copy a spelling word 30 times?

Familyluv2114uFamilyluv2114uover 5 years ago
Mmm

For someone who never experienced incest you DO have a great imagination like you stated in your profile,with that said you definitely have a newfan in me and me and my dick can't wait to read the rest of your work Songbirdie

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous