All Comments on 'House of Pain Ch. 07-08'

by funinthesungirl19

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
jhollanderjhollanderover 10 years ago
Intelligent kink

This is so much more than a "hot" story, which of course, it is. Your intelligence, thoughtfulness, and understanding of the psyche behind a D/s relationship makes this story one of the best out here.

suebramleysuebramleyover 10 years ago
Oh Wow

Would love to find a man like Doug for me. Hopefully one is out there somewhere. Thanks for a brilliant chapter yet again. Can't wait for the next instalment.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 10 years ago
Fun girl

Just loving this. An intelligent sub allowed to be herself really works.

How come though he gets to go to the house of pain and she doesn't ?

Will he make up her lost earnings somehow ?

Will his company take over her new one and cause conflict of interest ?

Will the house of pain get a replacement ?

Will she kidnap his dog and hold it to ransom ?

Sigh...so many unanswered questions....

mel_pomenemel_pomeneover 10 years ago
I love this story!

But you already know that, funinthesungirl19, so I shall merely thank you once more for one of the hottest and sexiest stories around! Oh, and another five stars, naturally ;) !

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19over 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks, answers to questions, and a plug

First - the shameless plug. The next update I post to this story will be the last. Going by how slow Literotica's being at the present, I'm going to guess that it will be 10 days before the update is up and visible on the site; and that still won't be the entire story.

So - shameless plug - please buy the book! It costs $2.99 - it is ~43,000 words. http://www.amazon.com/House-Pain-BDSM-Romance-Novel-ebook/dp/B00GPSVRZS.

Other comments -

- @JustAHole - One of the bits that I don't really like about a lot of BDSM stories is that the sub in essence surrenders her personality; the bit of her that makes her who she is. I very much doubt you'll ever see that in my stories - I don't find it attractive at all. In that sense, this set of chapters is very much true to who I am; to what I regard as a perfect relationship. (And my favorite bit of the entire book is the bit in this chapter, about Sara's hopes and dreams, needs and wants...)

- @MasterfulJim: I'll try to answer the questions that don't get answered in the full novel - but mostly, I'm too busy laughing at your comment. But seriously...

- I think the reason he can go to the House of Pain and she can't is that she is participating - naked, on the stage, while he is an observer. I'm sure it's okay with Doug if she just wants to go watch - I should know; I wrote him ;)

- Money, earnings - basically, while the money was good, I think Sara's really taking a risk professionally each time she participates at the House of Pain. I think she was mostly doing it as a way to explore her desire for pain and control, not as a way to make some money. The money doesn't come up, really - and in any case - she just got a brand new job, with lots more money.

- He doesn't take over her company - but there is job-related drama in later chapters - may I promote buying the book again?

- Kidnapping the dog! Aah, you'll just have to wait and see... ;)

Cheers!

funinthesungirl19 (aka Tara Crescent; www.taracrescent.com)

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19over 10 years agoAuthor
@Mel_Pomme!

I never get tired of hearing that, so thank you! I love comments!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A well deserved 5* thank you

I love your story and that you are letting them both be 'human'. I also do not like the stories where the Dom insists the sub, must be an emotionless, silent, unmoving, braindead 'doormat'. It just does not make sense.

So as far as I am concerned you may give as many "shameless plugs" for your story as you like, if it continues to be this good I will stay a big fan.

sub_peachiessub_peachiesover 10 years ago
I love this story

Thank you for sharing this story with us. I love the character development and the story as well as the intimate scenes. I may need to buy the book from amazon. I am eagerly looking forward to future chapters.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 10 years ago
hey fun girl, another awesome chapter!

really loved it. as i mentioned somewhere else Doug, along with Lukus, is one of my favorite Lit Doms out there, even though they are so different in so many ways.

having said that, there were just a couple of things that didn't quite sit right with me - the first is that Doug was there at the HOP too - and yes, i know he was just an observer. still, would have loved to hear that being mentioned and the difference pointed out and agreed on in the conversation between them.

second, i found it a little ironic that he says he doesn't want a trained doll but then makes her repeat his words like a parrot... plus the fact he speaks about himself in the 3rd person in order for her parroting him to work makes him sound a little lame :\

again, love the story! got a super-well-deserved 5 stars from me regardless of my little annoying comments... LOL

FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago
Really like Doug, but....

She DIDN'T sleep with anybody else. Her 'side job' wasn't discussed. Exclusivity of any kind wasn't discussed. And can we say 'old fashioned double freakin standard?' Where was HIS ass sitting on Wednesday night?

Any rule will be discussed and agreed upon together...this is said AS he is punishing for breaking a rule that didn't exist?

"Repeat after me. Doug does not want a perfectly trained doll." Whuut?

I had not taken Doug for the kind to play the trumped up punishment game.

So. Doug is not perfect, but this is obviously not his first rodeo. I'm disappointed in him right now.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 10 years ago
Hi fun girl

Don't let her kidnap the dog...not the dog, take me instead...sob

Seriously though, FA put into words what I was hinting at and is an anomaly in the story. He never told her she couldn't go to the HoP and perform again, so why should she have to discuss it with him ?.

That bit did genuinely grate with me. I like consistency in play, and it isn't the sort of relationship where he can change the rules on a whim.

Apart from that...brill

Can I get a discount on the book for all my nice comments :-))

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19over 10 years agoAuthor
Comments

First - can I just say - I love you guys? Thank you for the feedback, really. I love the questions - it makes me think about the characters, whether they are being consistent in who they are, and you guys are making me think things through. I love it!

Ok - let's see if I can defend Doug a little here.

- Most importantly, Sara isn't getting punished for being at the House of Pain. Doug was angry with her for it, but he also massaged cream in her skin, and drove her home. They discussed it, they both agreed that the HOP was off-limits to perform in, and that was that. No punishment.

- HOP - audience vs. participating. Yup. I get it - you guys are right, should have been discussed. Personally, I wouldn't really be bothered if my boyfriend visited strip clubs, so I guess I brought a bit of my indifference into the story. On the other hand, if he was on stage, that would bother me (also, it would be really funny, but that's a different story...)

- Sara's getting punished for something she did in the dungeon. She asked if she could talk - and that's when Doug punishes her for bringing all these preconceptions into the relationship. She has a safeword, guys. And, also, he's not angry when he's punishing her either, he sounds indulgent, but he also thinks the lesson needs to be reinforced with the spanking. At the end of the day, Doug's still a Dom; they are figuring out their rhythm in this relationship - there will be rumbles along the way.

- STG - yup. What I wanted to come across is the bit where he wants her as a person, not just as a sub. I personally like the idea of her repeating what he says to reinforce the lesson, but I agree with you - the third person was a little jarring. (Or a lot jarring. As I was writing that bit, I didn't love it at all, but couldn't think of a different way of doing it.)

Again, my thanks. You guys are forcing me to think, which is always good. :)

The story - FA_JF, STG, MasterfulJim - if you want to read it, send me an email and I'll send you a link to it. (Same goes to anyone else who's been commenting, you guys are the best - and I'm happy to send copies of the book your way.)

FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago
Harumph

So he's punishing her for asking a question when one of the ACTUAL rules established is open communication.... He's punishing her for operating on the frame of reference she has from prior knowledge and experience, which has not had any opportunity to be replaced by new knowledge and experience.

Yeah. Would make me want to ask questions and openly communicate in the future. :-{

Don't think I would stop to tie my shoelaces as I left.

Based on what he has said and done prior, I still strongly think there is a misstep here on his part. If she doesn't ponder on this and have a concern (opportunity for all that supposedly free discussion), my opinion of her lowers.

[But I still love the story. I bitch because I care. ;) ]

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 10 years ago
best. t-shirt. ever!

"I bitch because I care"

@FA_JF - you have outdone yourself with this one. i am so getting me one of those t-shirts, like, TODAY.

plus just so you know - i'm trying not to do the whole writers' envy thing, but seriously i am just so bummed i didn't come up with that one myself!

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19over 10 years agoAuthor
You guys are awesome!

Chap 9 and 10 has been submitted, so hopefully Doug will redeem himself. :) I'm assuming it'll be the usual Lit wait - so ~8 days at the present - should go live either Saturday or Sunday, I think.

The tag line for this set of chapters - We learn a little more about Doug.

Also, I'm sending out free books to frequent commenters who have asked for it. If you haven't asked, and want one, please email me! I don't want to email and ask if you want a free book, because I feel like that's maybe a bit spammy, but I'd really like to send you guys free books, because I find your feedback really valuable and helpful.

Cheers!

Tara

sub_peachiessub_peachiesover 10 years ago
Love this story

I love this story. I also love Sara and Doug.

I am looking forward to reading how their relationship develops from here. Also has she become dependent on the extra $$ ftom the performances at the House of Pain? If so is she comfortable having a conversation with Doug about this or not really?

Thank you for sharing this story with us :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A woman not an object

Sara was aroused by being beaten anonymously in the theater. Her growth is rich and deep in that she is still a person, learning the joy of becoming more and more submissive to Doug.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I want Doug

... and John.

Is that too greedy ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hmmm

I really liked the beginning, but now Sara is annoying. She is a little bit pathetic. And if he can be in the audience why can’t she be on stage?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous