All Comments on 'How Do I Move On?'

by BrisbaneBorn

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good

Poignant little story that was sad and sweet to read.

Boyd

Tail End PeteTail End Peteover 18 years ago
Good one!

You said a lot in a short story. Gripping.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
......

I remember the look on his face the first time that he kissed me. The smell of his hair. The way that he looked when we were playing in my grandparents pool. I remember how it felt to have him tell me that he loved me. I remember the last phone call the way that my heart begged me to ignore my head. I remember all of those things and so much more. How we remember is not important.... the fact that we remember them is

Always, E

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
KUDO's Author

Well - a new direction with more skills evidenced. You have the ability to formalize a picture with delicate sensitivity that rests easily and comfortably in the readers mind. It is a special talent which I hope you will continue to use and entertain us. Thanks - with High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
How do you move on?

One horrible lonely day at a time.

With one exception I can truely put myself in your shoes. "identiti" is correct. When you've lost someone, the last time you made love and how great it was is not on anyone's list of things to remember. I wrote about the loss of my wife awhile back. It took me over nine years to be able to do it and I still found myself not wanting to continue the story. When I read the first draft I broke down like a baby crying for his mother and his bottle. Other then that one mistake, you hit it pretty well head on. Great job. Thank You. Ronnie W.

PAPATOADPAPATOADover 18 years ago
LIked the Story

You did a good job with this story. It was a little sad and caused one to think a little. Thats a nice side effect. Thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Not fair to make a

women shed tears sooo early in the morning. That was beautiful and wonderful. As someone who has loved and lost through death, you found the exact right tone for the entire piece. Great job.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
wow

what a great sad story. like it

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
wow

what a great sad story. like it

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Beautifully told!

A very sweet/sad story. Not all sadness leads to happiness, but it's wonderful when that happens!

BrisbaneBornBrisbaneBornover 18 years agoAuthor
I think something needs explaining here.

The idea of this story was not an erotic one. It's not even a true story, unlike my last one which was.

The inspiration took form from a car crash of the exact same nature, with the exact same named people, however, luckily, in real life we all survived tho Mon now has a permanently ruined hip.

The part about making love, is not his sudden flashback. Lots of people tell stories in order, I tend to juxtapose the order a little in mine, usually to make it a little more memorable hopefully, causing the reader to think.

It wasn't a case of him 'remembering how he fucked her' at all, it was him remembering a special part of his relationship with his fiancee that they shared together.

When I saw the car hit Nathans in real life, one of my memories WAS of making love to my girlfriend that morning, of how it would possibly never happen again, it was something that I cannot simply describe in words but god knows I'm trying. It was not the carnality of the act, the coming, the orgasm, it was not the physical pleasure at all.

It was the love behind it. And that is what this story is about.

Love and how it transcends problems and disasters and manifests in many different ways.

I won't delete 'Identiti's post, everyone has their right to say what they want, but if you think that it was merely a comment on how he got a fuck that morning... maybe you should take the story into account in its entirety instead of one part.

Out of everything I actually felt awkward writing that sex scene. I tried to keep it tasteful and beautiful, for the most part without getting egotistical, I think I succeeded.

Thanks all, thanks Identiti for your comment too, and I will be writing more. I'm not a depressant who writes sad stories, I just like to create stories from my life or inspired by something in my life.

Bridget69Bridget69over 18 years ago
A very hard question...

that this story succeeds in answering. The grieving process and moving on with one's life is never easy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Lost my Soulmate to Cancer

It has been six years. Still the pain is so great. The story can be real or fictional, but it is the same pain.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Hard to Bear

Sad tale of lost love and found love.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Very good

An exceptional story for so such a short one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Plausible

That's how my parents met, they were each dating the other's best friend, and when their bf and gf were killed in a car accident, they ended up dating as emotional support and then married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
heartrending

I feel like weeping

YouamiYouamiover 6 years ago
Truly evocative writing

Fellow Brisbanite

I found your brief tale a very moving and emotional experience. Thank you for your contribution

chytownchytown27 days ago

*****Great love story. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous