All Comments on 'I'm Not Gay Ch. 06'

by blastinaglass

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
theonlinestalkertheonlinestalkerabout 12 years ago
Yes!

I literally just checked to see if you updated yesterday and then this morning there it is! Very happy..I love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
You had me worried

with your intro. I thought all sorts of terrible things were going to be happening but thank goodness they got their HEA in the end. Thanks for sharing.

handman92handman92about 12 years ago
Agree with Anon

Your intro had me going too. I was so upset that Noah might end up with someone besides Bryson I almost didn't read. Glad I did.

knarf82077knarf82077about 12 years ago
So when do we get more?

I want more of their life and of Alex.....

hk47enclavehk47enclaveabout 12 years ago

Great Story.

Your intro had me worried when you said the ending may not be what we expected. Had me wondering if Noah might have ended up with Alex.

But I am happy it ended this way.

Excellent writing.

Good luck with your final year semester.

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08about 12 years ago
Yes, find someone for Alex

And have Noah and Bryson in it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I too "am not gay"

Your story is very inspirational. I too have denied my true feelings as far as men are concerned. Maybe some day I will have the courage you showed and I'll be able to tell the world that "I AM GAY" and I am happy about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Lovely

metajinxmetajinxabout 12 years ago

What happened to Noah's first dog from Part 1? What happened to the friends that were mentioned in the first part? Why did Bryson sell the house? If he went to Chicago to look for Noah, why didn't he find him then? Why did Noah call it Bryson's house if he just bought it?

I do like intricate details in stories, the little things you can keep track of, but they all seem to just disappear into nowhere in this story. Frustrates me a little bit.

canndcanndabout 12 years ago

Very good story overall. I liked the chapter. I would have liked you to have clarified the house thing too. I took it as, after the date they went to the house Bryson lived in then. I think he bought the other house and renovated it and I'm sure he was drawn to it b/c of the dream they talked about. It would have been optimal to have it in the epilogue that they moved in to that house specifically, but you put the whole porch swing thing which implied it. I understand the commentor before me. I am a stickler for the intricate details too. I like to see loose ends tied up nicely and details to follow through from beginning to end. I didn't feel like there were tons of holes but it has also been a while since I read the beginning. I can't remember if he had a dog then. I, too, would have liked Bryson to say when he went to Chicago, so we knew why he couldn't find him. I also woud have wanted to know why he didn't call him. I did think it was poetic judgment for that moment when Bryson walked in and saw Alex and him together and had been told a couple was buying and heard them discussing children's names. That stike through the heart was well-earned in my opinion. I liked that they had children now and would have liked some more info about how old they were. Overall, a good story. It wasn't a simple, see each other and fall in love and be happy forever. I liked the ups and downs. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A few details lost in the telling

I agree metajinx. There are some details that got lost in there. Like what happened to the 1st dog and I didn't get the feeling he hated Chicago and was all alone until the last chapter and what happened to Bryson when he went to Chicago, etc. Also for one chapter you changed the guys name to Grayson. Now saying that I did like the story just that maybe next time take more time to re-read, maybe make the chapters longer in order to make sure you're not leaving out any details or not being consistent.

gayforhimgayforhimabout 12 years ago
You gave me power

I'm handicaped, and I was always worried that people will remember and describe me as the handicaped one, ignoring my other qualities. But what you say is so true, it gave me power. Thank you for a wonderful story and a wonderful vision. I hope you would continue writing.

"I never wanted to be defined by my sexuality. That was my biggest fear. I never wanted to be described as "gay" because that wasn't all that I was. Now, however, my experiences had taught me that, while I still don't want to be described only as "gay, it's nothing to be ashamed. I should be proud of who I am. Yes, I am a gay man. I'm also a smart, strong, creative, loving, caring, friendly, and funny man. The right people would describe me with the right adjectives. And I shouldn't worry about the wrong people. They could describe me however they want because I won't listen long enough to know."

NaughtyButNice25NaughtyButNice25about 12 years ago
Wonderful

I loved it..stayed up wayyyyyy to lay to read it..lol

I soo hope you write a story for Alex..and soon!! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
So close!

I feel so bad leaving this type of comment, but I had such high hopes for this story!!!!!!!

The Grayson issue was huge for me. A little proofreading could have gone a long way.

Also, when authors turn their gay male leads into giggling, gasping, whimpering characters, I question it. It makes me wonder why the character was even written as male, particularly when that character isn't even obviously "out".

I know how that sounds, but if the character could so easily be swapped out by a "simpering" female, that character loses the quality of maleness that some of us readers are looking for in m/m romance.

You have great potential with your storytelling, but I wish you had been more brave with your characters.

miss_cutie23miss_cutie23about 12 years ago
Fantastic!!

I read all of your stories and they were just so great! your very inspirational and it showed in your stories. once again, fantastic job hope you write more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I understand you intro.

I'm so sorry that this has taken so long. I've been incredibly busy with school. I'm not sure whether this will be the ending that everyone has been hoping for or not. However, I hope you enjoy it. I won't be writing for a while after this is posted because I'll be finishing up my last year at college. Sorry! Let me know your thoughts as always. Thank you for your time!

This is why we shouldn't rush writters to finish good stories. And good writters shouldn't rush to finish.

I understand you intro: Maybe when you're not so busy with life we'll get the real ending that YOU wanted (one that you'll be proud of and without the need to apologize). GOOD LUCK with school.

Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great!!

Loved the story! You are a great writer, and I hope to read more from you :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

The relationship that Noah and Bryson had together at the beginning of the story was so realistic, I feel like most, not all, gay men have fallen for someone straight. You feel that hopelessness. You feel the worst feelings imaginable because you can't obviously be with that person. You fear that he'll reject you and say, "I'm not gay." I really loved that Bryson came to terms with his feelings for Noah. I don't know what would've become of their relationship.

I loved Bryson since his introduction. He was funny at first and flirtatious with Noah and declared his love for him bluntly. I wish every relationship was like theirs. Thank you for the magnificent story. It has truly made me happy. Keep writing.

littlelizzielittlelizzieabout 11 years ago

I love this story. I have read it many time. Great job. Now about Alex.....can we please, please, please get his story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
My Name: Kelan

I'm glad that Alex and Noah didn't get together. But in real life I think that is what would have happen, had they felt a spark between them.

I felt elated for Noah and Bryson - to finally get together and have the life they wanted. But in real life I feel this wouldn't happen - even though I would hope it does for anyone that wants a fairy tale ending.

Overall the final few paragraphs feel rushed (with the exception of the epilogue - which was sufficiently detailed). I would have hope for more description when Noah's brother finds out that his friend and brother were going to be BFs (Dane would clearly be shocked), and when they announced their marriage would Dane have been Bryson's or Noah's Best Man? Dane was clearly a major part of their lives when they were younger, I feel he would continue to be in their lives still (especially seeing as though he was willing to watch a male stripper with Noah at his own bachelor party)

A few more details would have completed this story to it's maximum potential

A very good story, touching and romantic. Well done to blastinaglass - hope you continue to write more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Awesome

You should do Alex's story!!!

MoonlightSkyMoonlightSkyalmost 11 years ago
Just like many others , I demand a Alex story of how he turns out ;)

I hope Alex turns out okay and he is still in the life of Noah , and everyone loves him even Bryson & the kids .Haha. And I hope they never break apart . Lovely story <3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Oh my GOD

this was amazing. I mean, wow... Extremely believable, which is why I loved it. My (soon to be!) husband was just like Bryson, We met in high school, and mostly associated because he played on the basketball team with my (much more athletically inclined!) twin brother. I was absolutely head over heels as a sophomore with this senior who only knew me because he would come by to pick up my brother (who was on varsity with him before he had his license). Then, they got close when my brother became a starter so he was over a TON. I wasn't out yet, but I got to stare at him plenty when he was over. I came out my junior year when he was off in college, but we reunited after I finished college and thought I was happily single... Old feelings definitely resurfaced at that basketball game! When we were alone a few days after, I called him a liar just like Noah did when he told me he had feelings for me. And the rest is history, almost exactly like Noah and Bryson. Except not married yet and looking at adopting his teen cousin's unwanted unborn child. Very well written and I loved the ending. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

hate Bryson, hate that this was a happy ending, hate that it wasn't realistic but like the writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Noah

What a drama queen! Seriously.

thatlowegirlthatlowegirlalmost 10 years ago
i mostly loved it

i'll admit it, you had me at the high school crush happily ever after bit. but it was a pretty great follow through too! you did lose track of your characters names though! in the "Alex counsels Noah" chapter, Dane is Dean? and right as Noah's moving back home, Bryson's suddenly Grayson for a few paragraphs! other than that, and the few grammatical errors (meh!), i'd love to see this expanded into an e-book!! and i'm a sucker for a wraparound porch with a porch swing too! perfection! thank you for writing this!! xo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
this story so needs a sequel/spin-off

I would love it if you told Alex's story. He's sweet and affectionate. He's a giant motherer. He's just great. He's also a bit lost as far as what he feels called to do with his life. Something tells me that hell find his "direction" when he find his man.

7letcher7letcheralmost 9 years ago
So loving and sweet!!

Wow! I did not want to see it end but all good things will eventually come to an end. Alex story next..... i hope??

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
yes find someone for alex

I really enjoyed that and im impressed with everything you've been up to have finished writing it

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fantastic

This story was sooooo good - not perfect, I grant you, a few typos etc - but it had such good rhythm, the characters were so engaging and the story had HEART - this will be one to re-read in the future.

It would be fab if Alex had his own story, but I doubt that'll happen as you haven't posted here for years .... If you ever feel the urge to write again though, know that it'll make some people's day!

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love

I love reading love stories like this!!! Please write more!

ProerosProerosabout 7 years ago
A way to improve it.

I really enjoyed it but felt that Bryson was rather selfish. It appeared he did not give Noah an opportunity to top him and the sex was mainly all about him. On a brighter note, the story was well written and it would be great to see a follow up that would bring Alex a life partner. He is such a sweet guy and deserves to find his loved one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
amazing

I love it! I'd watch the fuck out of this if it were a movie

wdhill2wdhill2almost 4 years ago
Tears

I hate you. You made me cry through every chapter. You're a bad man! :'(

Lonelymale61Lonelymale61over 1 year ago

Great Story. Glad that Bryson was able to come to terms with being gay and telling Noah how he always felt about him. It would be nice if Alex could find happiness also. I do wish we knew the kids names.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have never felt urge to write a comment, but I'll do it this time.

It feels weird to read a story which was written like 11yrs ago and most of the reader are from that time.

Those in 20s came to 30s , and those in 30s reached their 40s.

I hope, you all people found love in your life and are Happy now.

And i would love to see @blastintheglass (author) give some life update.

Anyway, nice story. I'll try to post this on other platforms too . So other's will get to enjoy it or just re-upload here with better tags. Anyway, all the people reading this have a great life

Luv from srujan <3. ( 2/4/23 )

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

I'm Not Gay Series Info

SIMILAR Stories

Sam 
4.71
803
93
Be Mine 
4.76
607
140
Why Him? 
4.56
1.2k
0
More Stories