All Comments on 'Indicum Vernum (Indigo Spring)'

by Apple_Leigh

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very enjoyable.

As a science fiction writer myself, I really enjoyed the research you've done to write this piece. It is fascinating how plants respond to their environment, and communicate with other plants. You write as if you've been a student of botany. Keep this up; I would like to read more.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 9 years ago
Agreed

Interesting and well written tale. Since these are exo plants, the behavior of the plant hints that fauna might be involved in the fertilization process, and that Jenner acted like the bee moving about the pistolae and penetrating the stigma while providing the needed salts. Very plausible. Providing fruit is a basic strategy for terrestrial plants -- eat the fruity pulp, swallow / carry the seed to a new place so it can take root and spread to new areas.

Tasting the fruit without testing first, though - not very bright for a botanist; it could be harmless but it could also be toxic. We assume he survives that lapse. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story

keep it up!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userApple_Leigh@Apple_Leigh
24 Followers
Creator & writer who enjoys the exploration and psychology of desire and concepts of beauty and love with a dash of kink. I like to explore uncommon themes and topics and often my stories are based on my dreams, for which I have keep a journal most of my life. Though I would...