Into the Vampire's Lair Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers

"Here you go..." his last word trailed in a whisper as he stared at the woman smiling at him. She didn't recognize him one bit.

"I'm awfully sorry... I've been clumsy these days. Must be coming down with a cold or something," she apologized with a sweet smile then continued walking. "I have to go now... I'm running late for class!" she called out, waving at him.

Draven stood dumbstruck at what just happened. She coloured her hair! All those lovely blonde curls... gone. But worst of all... she didn't even know him. Draven leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, trying to stop the ache that was slowly eating inside him.

If she didn't recognize him... then it wouldn't hurt to see her again right? Even from afar? He knew he was in denial but he chased after her nonetheless.

***

Natasha saw a tall red-haired woman enter the auditorium, carrying a load of books and files. This was Amber? She looked so... nerdy! What's with the huge black framed glasses and untidily tied bun? And that gaudy skirt! This woman was a fashion disaster and so unlike the type of female that Draven would normally go for- that is if this woman was even the one that's bothering Draven in the first place.

"Good morning class," she mumbled shyly into the mike, fumbling a little as she settled her books down.

"Good lord... she's dowdy and clumsy," muttered Natasha under her breath.

Out of the corner of her eyes, Natasha caught another movement at the door and to her surprise, Draven peeked in and sat in the front row, right in front of the podium. It wasn't so much as his presence but the way he looked at her that confirmed Natasha's hunch that this woman was the one.

"Tsk. So much for wanting to stay away from her," she hissed, rolling her eyes irritably. This human seemed mild and unthreatening so why was he kicking up such a big fuss over the matter?

Even so, Natasha sat back and listened to the gentle voice of the doctor droning on about some birthing procedure. It was interesting until she started speaking in medical jargon.

"Guess it's time to leave now," said Natasha, growing bored. She got up slowly and inched towards the backdoor when suddenly she heard someone calling her.

"You there, thank you for volunteering! Please come down here," called Amber. Natasha froze.

"Err..." she was just a few steps from the door but everyone had turned to look at her. Damn! "Uh, okay..." she stammered and walked down the stairs towards the front.

What the hell are you doing here Sasha!

Natasha caught Draven's eyes but pretended not to know him and instead walked up stage towards Amber.

I'm trying to understand what's wrong with this huma... oh my god!!!

Draven covered his face with his hands as Natasha stared mouth opened and wide-eyed at Amber.

"Uh... Miss? Are you feeling alright?"

I'm going to do it now Draven. Now or never.

"No!" he burst out and climbed up the stage, slapping Natasha's hand away from Amber.

The room fell silent.

This is such a non sequitur moment.

You think? Just say I'm your sister or something and get your butt off the stage now.

"Err, I'm sorry... My sister she's hypoglycemic. I better take her out before she faints," Draven grinned stupidly as he grabbed Natasha's hand and pulled her quickly out of the auditorium.

The moment the door closed behind them, she began to slap at his chest.

Just what the hell do you think you're doing? Werewolf?!

"I told you to wait didn't I?" Draven cursed as he grabbed Natasha and pulled her away from the door. "You are worst than my brother and niece combined!"

"Oh that's cute. I'm worth fifty years old altogether now."

"Natasha!" cried Draven in exasperation. "I told you to check her out not take her memories away! Why did you even threaten me like that... in front of her?"

"She did not hear a damn thing. She's an animal! They don't hear our thoughts!"

The instant those words came out of her mouth, Draven's hand was aimed for her throat but she was quick enough to stop him.

"Security cameras," she said dryly then released his hand with a spat.

"Fine. Don't ever... call her an animal again you hear me?" Natasha glared at him and watched as Draven's anger subsided to be replaced by a look of worry. "She can hear my thoughts Natasha..."

Natasha's glare turned into stunned horror. Is she a Vampire-Were?

No... she's not.

Then?

I'm her mate... like her wolf mate.

"Good Lord... Draven," muttered Natasha, shaking her head. "And this is why you want to join the Council?"

Yes... to prevent any hunts arranged explicitly for her head.

You mean memories right?

Or termination.

Natasha sucked in a deep breath. Who would want to terminate her?

My father.

ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers