All Comments on 'It Didn't Mean Anything'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
good story

some commenters wow. First meaningless, well lets see by the story, could Brenda split to California? Hell yes, in a New York minute! Meaningless is just that, two great sex encounters with a guy, not some GUYS but something short she was not in love with the guy, nor developed attractions bonds or loyalties to. This satisfied that burden of "skeletons in the closet" by empting the closet. Sadly Brenda and Dave were now even. As for the one comment about her fault? Hum, Dave's discovery should have forced his recollections to his past some years ago but it didn't. In fact not until the message from Brenda " Joan Landon June 3 2005" when Dave's hidden world became not so hidden and crashed down. You might say did his heart attack have something to do with either the discovery of Brenda's affair or the now discovery that Brenda knew all along about his. Its a revenge story to me, one that sadly does have a somber meaning at the end. For me it begs the question, if you love someone so much, would you for sake everything, problems, cheating (if only one time in the life time) anything, if that person showed you the passion, love and true partnership that no other person could fill. If you have such spouse, is it worth it for a small "MEANINGLESS" sexual affair to make things even. Perhaps, taking that secret with you to the grave would have been better, perhaps (although a story) Dave would not have suffered a heart attack, perhaps the story would have had Dave and Brenda together even sharing a retirement home until he passes finally at a ripe old age. This is truly WHAT WOULD YOU DO stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A bad story

About two liars and cheats. Nothing entertaining or the least bit interesting about it. I have no idea why anyone would write a story about two despicable people like this. I'm sorry I read it and I'll never read another by this author.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 8 years ago
great story

about a bad situation. It's always easy to point fingers, at everyone else, but when it comes to taking the blame on yourself, there comes this indignation. I don't think this was about revenge, but it may have been. This story deserved a 5 because, it shows a realistic approach to what happens in life. No, it's not normal to cheat, but it is normal to pull out all the stops to save a marriage, which is what she did. The fact that he didn't recover will haunt her the rest of her life. How do I know that, otherwise why would she pull out all the stops to save it. Again Good Story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
good one

Basically, she killed her husband.

Which is what she did to her marriage.

All the crap about loving your spouse yet cheating is BS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
read anony's dumbass comment. yet h ereadas all of these stories and he knows before hand the woman is going to fuck someone. Annony is fucking insane,,,,seek help dear annony you retard!

God help your family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WHAT?

At 35 they were still high and firm.

She'd lived and loved this man for 23 years? What, she got married at 12? Pretty poor story. How is it that all these women in the stories are ex- or current playboy models? Wouldn't hurt to have someone just normal be the subject of one of these. And women tend not to think with their cunts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
poignant but perplexing

He claims he forgot about drunken sex with sister-in-law, but admits she and he have consciously avoided each other ever since because of that act. What???

He noisily destroys ring, smashes number of items, fills room with smoke after catching wife and lover but neither she nor lover notice anything. What???

She doesnt know why she cheated. What? She had ''free pass and was flattered by younger guy's attention...lover being allowed back for seconds because she enjoyed first time so much duh!!

She certainly had right to balance the scales ONE TIME!

She knew how guilty husband had felt after drunken sex so the second go around with young lover does paint her in bad light.

Means now he had free pass

She is so concerned for husband's welfare, that even after hospital informs her husband needs to return as soon as possible to ICU, she does nothing to get him there.

Powerfully poignant and original story, but the aforementioned ''WHATS'' had me thinking this was more ''skeleton draft'' than full story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I went fishing...

Caught a large good looking fish. Just as I got it near shore it broke the line. Walked over to the truck got my gun and shot myself. Just knew there were no more fish left in the World's oceans. REALLY ?

GymShortsGymShortsover 6 years ago
Almost good.

Should have ended with him using his gun to either blow her brains out, or better yet blowing her kneecaps all to hell so as to live her miserable life as a cripple in a wheel chair. Then he dies, from the heart attack, with a smile. 2* because the ending sucked. She'll find someone after the appropriate amount of grieving. Hell, she's only 35 and still a "beautiful" woman. Now she gets everything, including his life insurance. So close to being good, but both are dirt bags and I felt nothing over his death because he was a cheater too. With his Bro's wife!!! Douche Bag

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 6 years ago
Killed him?

She killed him? Arterial blockage takes years to develope, it wasn't caused by her cheating. Anyway, it seems as if this writer was half asleep when he submitted this story and forgot to edit it. She's 35 with two kids in college and has been with this man for 23 years? Really? How do you figure that? It was the best sex she had in years? then it was good sex because the best sex had been with him? So who was Jack? I mean he knows, she knows, but how are we supposed to know if the author doesn't elaborate? Why bring something into a story if it is not going to have any bearing on it? While this could have been a great story with the plot it had. the author seems to have rushed to get it to the printers before he finished it and just left it started as there were many questions left to be answered.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
soooo

Someone else mention har age screw up.

Much younger guy stops by to see husband - sounds like mentoring situation but he must have greatly admired husband - but he thinks nothing of seducing wife then coming back for seconds - nice guy!

Another comment indicated all the noise made by husband destroying things that went unnoticed by lovers.

A guy that angry would have headed into bedroom with hammer after smashing ring.

He at least would have done body work on guy's car.

My interpretation is guy wanted to die and he did.

Try living with that Brenda and Jack!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
mistakes abound

First part of story she says husband is on overnight trip. But then lover comes back few days later while hubby still gone???!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
best way

Might take years but when you find out your dying or will be invalid rest of life hire guy to castrate lover and kneecap him...removal of both thumbs for betrayal

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Potential

This story had a lot of potential to be really good. The part about triple bipass and then driving and walking around the next day or 2, trust me. Not going to happen. Just a collection of thoughts that led noplace

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

God I hope she kills herself.

mark73107mark73107almost 6 years ago
Restitution

He had the guns he should have used them on her lover after the surgery, he new he would probably die, you just know these things.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
yeah she needs to die

he fucked up and stayed away she fucks up and does his best to never go near the person again. He felt like shit for what he did. She didn't feel like shit till she found out about his surgery and then he dies. Id love to write a follow up to this one, Anyone think that's a good idea?

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Better

Better than most of your stories I've read. I didn't hate it.

TajfaTajfaabout 5 years ago
Not likely

Not sure what to think about this one. Highly unlikely he would have been able to get up and walk out from such a big operation.

I think he should have realised what he did was worse with a family member and as she had forgiven him, he should have forgiven her and gone back to hospital as she suggested.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Choices!

5*

He failed her once and she knew he regretted it by his actions.

She failed him twice. First the two times with her lover, and again by not getting him to the hospital.

Got her just reward!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Sad, but good.

I also don't think he could get out of the hospital and go home that soon, but this is a story and not a medical journal. Cheaters seldom consider what they have when they want more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Dramatic End!

Good story.Yet, how come the wife loves her spouse "With all her heart" but enjoys fucking a lover, then happily singing in the shower, preparing for her husband's return. There is no remorse, as if it's perfectly okay to fuck around. Husband is thoroughly ashamed of HIS lapse but wife gaily repeats her infidelity and thinks nothing of it except that it has to be kept secret. The end stuns her but how long will it last. With all his money and her temperament, it wont be long before she finds another love!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Agree no remorse shower and having good time

Only regrets when realizes she got caught

Never did explain missing guns

He cheated once regrets and stayed away from her as much as possible

She happy no regrets

She wins all the money now for more sex

desertdog43desertdog43over 4 years ago
Bye Bye

Should a went back to hospital. I think he knew and didn't give a fuckin' flyin' goddamn...Hubby stuck it to her and broke it off.

Have a "happy Life" cunt...

I had a 5 by-pass let me out 2 days later even tho I died the first nite an 2 nurses brought me back-----sorry no angels or white lite. Don't screw with heart stuff peoples...

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 4 years ago
This story appeared in the Random list, and for a moment I thought . . .

. . . it must’ve been a new one, and he croaked from Corona.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Reading again. Author can write a decent story. Trouble is, he writes ten pieces of shit for every good one he puts out.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Very well done.

Concise little tale of woe. 5 stars.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Suck on that you cheating whore!

bobareenobobareenoabout 3 years ago

Does anyone else get tired of the misshapen ugly misogyny in the comments?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ok. This was a decent short story. Would have been a 5, except for his previous cheating. The one theme that is common tho, is how women who cheat feel about it. I believe that the average middle age woman who cheats, is looking for her Narcissist booster shot. The male sex drive is so high in their teens and early 20’s, that most men will say or do anything, to get an average woman to spread their legs. Hell, if it weren't for that, the institution of marriage would have died out, a long time ago. Fast forward 20-25 of so years. The pickings aren’t quite as good, for the divorced female. If she is still in reasonably good shape, you can still find a guy to fuck you. But the marriage thing, or commitment, is a lot harder. If a guy is still in decent shape, and is pretty well set financially, he will go for the same thing he did 20-25 years ago, a 20 something babe. That is the inherent issue with the woman’s movement. The response to it, is a generation of men, who do not aspire to anything, except getting laid, with no commitment. Hard work? It killed my dad or grandpa, why should I do it? Family commitment? Why should I sign a contract, that ultimately only favors the female? I can get pussy anytime I want, and order it up through an app, like ordering a pizza. As a consequence, the birth rate is down. When babies are born, the chance is, their parents won’t be married. The current generation of women, have good odds of staying unmarried their whole lives. If they do get married, and then divorced, chances of a successful second marriage, are slim to none. If she has kids, they will be rude and defiant to her new husband. With all of that to look forward to, why would any guy, want to get married? For sex? Why buy the pizza, when everyone else is giving it away for free, right down the corner? Why work hard, and take years off your life, to impress a woman? When I was growing up, the big thing that was impressed on me, is I had to do well in school, then work hard, to make something of myself, if I wanted to impress a woman.... Well... things have certainly changed. “You’ve come a long way baby... “

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

as it such be.

Beast1961caBeast1961caalmost 3 years ago

She got what she deserved -- her affair killed her husband... I hope she suicides.

bioman57bioman57over 2 years ago

well written with an interesting ending and lots of guilt to bury the wife with..

AqualungbbAqualungbbover 2 years ago

Love the story. Hated the sudden ending. But, it was the right ending. 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

At the start of this tale she is 35. Near the the end they've been together 23 years. So... she was 12 when they married?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good tale. Hard ending. LP

lbeachamlbeachamover 2 years ago

I'm married 47 years now, never cheated. I don't think my wife has either. If I found out she did, no matter how long ago, I'd divorce her pronto.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Such a sad story, from the cheating to his death. Well written. -- Bob

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

Don't do it...

oh you can think about, but don't do it

ctdansctdansabout 2 years ago

He took it pretty well. I mean he did it once so he was bad. She said the sex was great (rub it in) and did it twice and really had no regrets.

Shame he dies. She now gets life insurance and can still have lovers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very interesting. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"She felt the cold stiff hand she was holding and realized her life was over."

Except she wins the cheating war and gets everything...all the assets including the life insurance money. She'll morn for about 10 minutes and then life goes on.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

0 star - just two pathetic losers. Look at all the people who will be hurt by this tragic end of life story.

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

A very good very sad story. Hopefully the truth will come out and her life really will be over. Why? Because of the "really enjoyed it" and "best sex in years" remarks. The only reason for saying those to a sick man is to totally destroy him and his will to live. Death would be too easy on her. Pain, pain, and then more pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Such a sad story made worse when she told her very sick husband that the sex she had with Jack was some of the best sex she's had in years. Man should be in the hospital, CCU ward, & she's telling him she some great sex with another man! If Brenda really loved her husband, despite his wishes, she would've called for an ambulance which might've saved his life. She didn't. There was little depthness into the story which's is the reason for my 2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Didn’t really understand the point, of this story. He caught her screwing another man in their bed. Didn’t confront them. Broke some stuff, and left. Didn’t feel good, so he went to the hospital, and they diagnosed he had a heart attack, and needed bypass surgery. After he had her served, he found out SHE knew about his cheating with a sister in law, and was going to out him, to the world. Somehow, the pressure of all this, caused him to pass away. Ok. I won’t shed a tear for either one. Life goes on. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She is 35 and apparently the two children don't live at home? The guy walks out of a hospital less than two days after emergency triple by-pass surgery? 1* for overall stupidity of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am almost 75. If my wife got laid I w would be happy for her. Sad story 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To those who say he couldn't "just walk out of the hospital" are wrong. If he can get out of bed, he can walk out. I only say that, as I came close to doing that on more than one occasion after I had 2 stents put in my chest. I didn't even know I was having a heart attack when the doctor told me I was, as I didn't have any symptoms. My clothes stayed with me, and I could put them on and walk out with no issue. As for the hospital needing my wife's signature or her to be there to sign anything, that didn't happen, although I did call her to let he know I was going under the knife to have the stents installed. Four days later I had a stroke while talking to a friend on mine out in my driveway. My daughter called 911 and and the ambulance came and loaded me up and hauled me away again. Granted this was during Covid, so hospitals weren't as open as they are now or were before Covid. Today you can literally walk out any side door that isn't alarmed, and you're free to walk away. But, this was twice within a week I was in the hospital, during Covid.

All of that said, my wife and I have been married 40+ years, and I don't think we've ever cheated on each other, and don't plan on doing so. If anything, were looking forward to retirement and possibly grand kids (if I'm still alive). Yes, we still love each other, and have sex too on a regular basis.

In the story the wife should have called 911 (if she really loved him), and got him back in the hospital IF she wanted him to live. Now she gets to raise the 2 kids by herself, get his insurance money, and have sex with all the different guys she wants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely made no sense…writer seems to suffer form amnesia while

Writing …lots of lines and no endings!!

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

His old Colt .45 Automatic and his .44 Magnum were gone.

Of course she cheated...he clearly had a dangerously small dick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He's pissed at her so he smashes cows with a hammer? Kinky, maaaan!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tragic 😥

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Huh?

ker63469ker63469about 1 year ago

Very enjoyable but a sad tragic ending

Ganymede69Ganymede69about 1 year ago

Damn that’s sad….

Great short read but very very sad….

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

In what irrational parallel universe does "good sex" mean a pass to behave immorally ? Or "the wrongness of it made it thrilling." What an ignorant concept to promote.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

first she is 35, later she had been married 23 years. Really?????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Billards do make mistakes. Since she had her kids when she was twelve, and they are now not in the home, do we assume that they are in juvie, prison, or out on there own. Now dad he is a real smart cookie, first, he leaves a hospital against doctors orders, (perhaps he was thinking surgery and dash, kinda like dine and dash) next he can't remember screwing his sister-in-law, (OH come on now), what universe do you think these people came from. Her little trist was only the second time, yet she had established a routine that she enjoyed after each engagement, just how dense do you think your readeŕ are, I hope you are enjoying the good life where ever you are in your HIDEN VALLEY HIDEAWAY, somewhere in upper Idaho, where women are scarce, and a sister might be your sister-in-law.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He made a mistake and regretted it. She cheated twice and whistled happily afterwards. They both did wrong but hers was far worse, hers happened twice, she planned it that second time, and the cunt defiled their marital bed. I hope he finds peace in death and his soul mate because wifey is for the streets.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

She proved that she could forgive a one off that followed with lots of guilt. She didn't have to forgive an on going affair, in her marital bed, and without any guilt.

But he did. And the difference is in the details. But she'll never know. Maybe she gets over it and maybe the guilt consumes her. But he's dead now. And her affair helped send her poor husband into a state that may have accelerated his delicate heart. That's her cross to bear.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

35 years old married 23 years she had the kids when she was about 12.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The bitch should be left out in the cold. She had divorce papers, but unfortunately that isn't how life works she gets it all and probably a plane ticket to California.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I think you ment 55 years, and Jehovah rendered the final judgment here as He always will.

LoejtcLoejtc9 months ago

Aside from the chronological issues this is a tragic story. Brenda thought she had a “hall pass” because she let David’s one off mistake slide. So when Jack comes on to her she guiltlessly beds him, enjoys it and probably would continue if Jack wasn’t relocating. When David catches her and threatens divorce, she calls his actions “silliness”, reveals her knowledge of his adultery and threatens to expose him to the whole family.

But she is unaware of is the David suffered a heart attack brought on by discovering her adultery.

To prevent exposure, David prematurely leaves his hospital bed and goes home to her.

She realizes her selfish behavior has seriously endangered David’s life. So she tries to get him to rest in bed. He dies in his sleep and she will now bear the guilt of her pitiful act of “justified “ revenge having caused the death of her loving husband.

An object lesson of tragic unintended consequences from a spiteful betrayal..

Good storyline!

RuttweilerRuttweiler9 months ago
Obviously, you spent no time thinking about this before writing it.

Filled with errors, no real drama, no nothing.

Here’s your story outline: Brenda’s a woman, she’s a bitch, burn her, The End.

Why bother writing if you have absolutely nothing to say?

Tootight1Tootight18 months ago

I enjoyed the story, a little loose at times but nice. Thanks for the effort.

skruff101skruff1016 months ago

God she must have been loud when she was shagging, hubby managed to come home witness said shagging go downstairs wreck all that stuff and hammer flat his wedding ring on a table, so hard in fact it was embedded in the table top and she didn’t hear anything. Yeah right.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She was 35 and married for 23 years, yeah ok.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Tragic. Love lost to pathos.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 months ago

4 stars - this is just one more tragic story of loss.

Yes, lets hope you meant that this couple was in their mid to late 40s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Sad but well written and tragic story. The ending rough but poignant. Her life is over. She knows she is responsible (inadvertently) for killing her husband thinking she had a hall pass. Him dying in his sleep beside her is rough. She will probably committ suicide or end up in a sanitarium. Why? Because she really did live her husband, but she made a horrible choice out of long remembered pain, lust, and revenge. She was quite factual about the sex and how her hsuavd had done that or far exceeded it Hu dred of times of the years. But she had already killed him. Neither knew it. She isn't evil. She obviously never truly forgave him for f$cking his sister-in-law. She made a horrible selfish choice based p a wrongful assumption. And it killed the love of her life and will now destroy her. Imagine her trying to explain her husband's death to her kids. Wow. She is just shattered now till the day she is buried. 5 stars.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous