It's All About Faith Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Same here Gabe, and thanks for perhaps saving our collective asses."

"Way too soon for those thoughts, but it's good that we know now, see you then," and he hung up. Buck told Anita the other side of the conversation and then he called Mitch right away.

After hearing the bad news, the first words from Mitch were, "Oh shit, that isn't good. How the hell did he happen to discover them?"

"Don't know, but if anybody would it would be Gabe. His eyes don't miss much. He's an engineer so he's always analyzing things. He's into detail things I guess."

"Well, I'm eager to shake his hand that's for sure. Okay then, we'll see you for dinner Wednesday night."

After talking to Mitch, Buck told Anita, "E-mail Faith and ask her if she knows of any home that might be for rent for a few weeks. No, wait. E-mail her and sign it with my name."

"Honey, renting up there could get pretty expensive, and why? It isn't as though we can be up there that often."

"I don't even know that we would rent it, but then, we'll know if that's possible if it comes up Wednesday night. We'd tell her that we want to rent before we look into buying a home up there. The best defense we can have is to know as much about them as possible. The old saying, know your enemy is still good advice, and right now they are our enemy."

"Why would they use what they have of us in the motel room?"

"Or us at the show, or at the boutique. We have to be paranoid now. We have to assume they watched us from arrival to departure. Why would they record us if they didn't have a reason to do that? I have ideas of course, but I don't know. I just know I don't like the idea that we were spied on, and what of Layla and Mitch? They have that footage of the two women making love to Layla and all of that. Assuming they treat all of their visitors from the outside world the same way, the village safe must be getting pretty full from their spying. That's one of Hank's jobs so that's why he's so friendly and attentive. He's feeling us out, and setting the outsiders up to be put into compromising situations so they can spy and record. Yeah, that sounds paranoid too, but considering how they live, they have to be damn protective and keep word of them from leaking to the outside world."

"This is so unreal."

"All of us have commented on what a different and unbelievable town that is. It's a triple X playground and nothing more." Then he smiled and admitted; "Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing of course."

She had to smile as she said, "Well it was a good thing for us while we were there."

"For the time being, they have us exactly where they want us, because we can't say anything to anybody about anything. The hell of it is, I'd hate to see anything happen to Discovery. We just have to be free of their leverage over us." The Village of Discovery wasn't a constant topic of conversation for any of them as they waited for their meeting at the Outback, but it never left their minds either. Monday and Tuesday night, Buck spent time putting his thoughts down on paper and made a list of things they could think of that might be significant or at least warrant discussion.


Chapter Forty Eight


They were almost at the restaurant Wednesday evening when Anita said, "I hope Layla and Mitch like Carly and Gabe."

"I'm sure they will. They are all very likable people and we all sure have something in common now, if not before." Mitch and Layla were going to be a few minutes late, but Carly and Gabe were there and patiently waiting just inside. Carly kissed Buck and smiled at him as she patted his butt as Gabe did the same with Anita. They requested a table in a corner someplace and with drinks ordered, they talked and Gabe booted up his small notebook computer. It wasn't easy but they delayed talking about Discovery until Mitch and Layla could arrive, but they were getting antsy until they finally appeared about twenty minutes later. Introductions were made and Mitch kissed Carly's cheek and made over her before sitting down still apologizing. "Things are pretty hectic at the office right now. I could have worked a couple more hours, but this is just too important. Gabe, I want to thank you for discovering those cameras. Were they well hidden?"

"They weren't easy to see, and I still don't know why one of them caught my eye. Maybe a quick glint from the tiny lens or something, but as soon as I paid more attention, it wasn't all that hard to see. Lens about three eighths of an inch and tucked into one of those gaudy relief style wall hangings." That was the end of that discussion as they perused the menu and placed their orders. Then it was get acquainted chat and talk about Discovery in general. The boutiques and the restaurants were talked about the most until the show topic came up. Gabe told them, "I call that place the Playhouse."

That's a good name for it," Layla said, we sure saw some playing when we were there."

"So did we," Buck added. Once again their conversation drifted to other things as they tried to save Discovery until after they ate. That lasted until Ethel's Long Island iced tea was mentioned, and that led them to Ethel having a part in the Playhouse action. Buck continued with, "Do you suppose there is anybody in that town that hasn't, or doesn't occasionally, get on stage at the Playhouse? Or for that matter, any other actions that we don't even know about?"

"That we don't even know about is a good point to make and to answer your question, my thought is I doubt it," Mitch said.

"And what about channel three? I didn't watch it that much, but I saw no repeats, so either a lot of people are contributing, or they have a large selection that they have collected over a period of time."

"Here's another one" Anita said, "Where are the houses that you'd find even in a village as small as Discovery? There are none that we saw driving in. Has anybody been down the road at the other end of town?" There were five negative answers.

"Here's one thing that would be great to know, when did they rename the town, or better yet, how long has the town been so wildly liberal, and what started it down that path?"

"You're good at this, Anita. Wait a sec," and he typed feverishly. "I want to jot all of those questions and thoughts down."

They were quiet for a minute, but before Gabe could finish Mitch asked, "There are little delivery alleys that run down behind the businesses on each side of the road, has anybody looked back there?" Again all negative answers. "Well if nothing else, we're coming up with a lot of good questions."

Anita sipped the last of her iced tea and waited for Gabe to catch up and then said, "I sent Faith Culver an e-mail asking about any possible rental homes up there for a few weeks, and then maybe a couple of months once it's warm next year."

All eyes went to her as she said, "She replied to me last night and said she knew of none," and the others waited to see if she had more to say. She did have more. "Faith keeps a small place there for friends and family, as she put it, but admitted it hasn't seen much use and we were welcome to stay there for a modest fee…that she didn't name by the way."

"Probably full of cameras," Gabe said.

"That's certainly something we would have to keep in mind."

Buck told them, "I'm pretty sure I could get away for a couple of weeks and stay up there, but that isn't possible for Anita, so somebody else would have to go with me."

Anita smiled and said, "If you're thinking you'd spend a couple of weeks in Discovery without me, but with Layla or Carly, you better rethink that." They all laughed at that but then Gabe said, "But Buck, you have the right idea. We need to experience that town over a period of time, when it rains, or whatever. Just their everyday life without the dog and pony show they put on when new people come to town. The more any of us are around the locals, the more they are going to let their guard down and make mistakes."

"That's great," Carly said, "But it wouldn't look right for just Buck to go up there alone. That wouldn't feel right to them I'm sure, and Anita, I wouldn't let him be up there with me for weeks either," and the group laughed again. The waiter made his rounds and cleared the dishes and made sure everybody was done. Once the checks arrived, Gabe closed his notebook and after paying their tabs, they all went to Buck and Anita's for after dinner drinks and more conversation.

Anita played hostess making sure everybody had a drink, and then the group picked up where they left off. Opening his notebook, Gabe said, "Okay more thoughts?"

"I have one," and Layla put her glass down. "This is just a theory with nothing to support it right now, other than minor circumstantial details. Hank is the power and probably the brains of at least the day to day operations, and perhaps plays a bigger role than that. The director, we'll call him. When a new couple pops into town, he's on them in no time. He's very cordial and makes you feel special because the town leader is willing to spend a lot of time with you and even buys dinner. We saw him as a skilled and calculating business man, so we know he's not some country bumpkin. He dresses in shorts and unflattering shirt to further his common man image, but it's all packaging and that much we do know. So let's say now he's spent time with I'll call them, couple A. If he's as good as I think he is, he has sized them up and decided how they should be handled. Share details about the village, or just work on them to usher then out of town. If they are to stay, then he passes the word there are new suckers in town, and the others go into action, each playing a role for lack of a better term. Have I lost any of you yet?" All of their heads shook no, so she continued. "Okay so, now the suckers are free to roam the village, spend their money and be further sized up. Wendy or Mae at the boutiques, or Jim and Delia at the toy store, also evaluate couple A. Now let's say the Lady couple A is trying on something at…oh say Casey's and the woman is built nicely, or there is something about her that has meaning…like a touch of exhibitionist in her and she flaunts herself in the store. Maybe Mae puts the call out, and some guy or couple magically appears. Lady A gets looked at so she's smiling. If needed, they can pop some pictures of her for security reasons. The guy gets his jollies, and they now know they have a player. Somebody with tastes that might mean she'd fit in there for a short visit. They can decide from there how it will play out. There is even a cast of sorts, for example there is Wendy."

"Wait," Buck says. "What is the purpose for this scenario? What you describe really fits what we've experienced and I like where it's going, but what is their motive? Money? There's not enough potential there."

"I know, and I'm having trouble with that part, but maybe if Buck and somebody go up there we can get an idea about that. So anyway, we have Wendy the town slut, but she just happens to be a slut that loves what she does and she's good at it. Then there's Ernie, the half sociopathic officer with a badge and a gun, another player that probably doubles as a stud for some of the shows. He has the equipment for that role." Then she looked at Carly and Gabe and said, "There's a story there but we'll save it for another time. There's Jim and Delia too. They keep the place stocked with adult toys and novelties, and provide Playhouse services, a cast member for the Playhouse if you will. So we have the director, we have security, and we have a large supply of cast members."

"Like very big dick Dan, Faith's arm candy," Carly adds.

Layla looked at Anita and said, "We didn't hear that story."

"And that's a good one, so we'll tell you all about it later. It was part of the show at the Playhouse."

"What we don't have, is the reason for this production, the funding behind it, a producer who would be Hank's boss, and so forth. I have no doubt that at least a lot of what I've said is accurate, but I have to agree there are a lot of blank spaces in my scenario."

Gabe leaned back and said, "But if we can't find a plausible play of our own, we'll never get them to further lower their guard so we can gather more information. Buck your idea is dead on, but I don't see how we can make that work. There is just too much bonding between you and Carly for you and her living together and not get in over your heads, and I'm sure the same can be said for you and beautiful Layla."

"Thank you Gabe, and you're right. Buck and I are carrying some pretty heavy baggage aren't we love?"

Buck smiled and said, "Yes we are, hon."

Carly looked at Buck and asked him, "Can you see yourself as doing a decent job of acting?"

"If it doesn't require a lot of script memorization."

"It requires none of that. It would require Anita's permission of course and some discussion and so forth." She looked at Gabe and said, "What about Kali Newberry?"

"Hon, she's fresh out of a divorce, and besides, remember we're talking about a small village with very large surprises and big secrets. We're talking about her getting naked, or nearly so in front of Buck, who at this point she, doesn't even know. We're talking about Buck pretending to be a philandering husband with a different woman on is arm, and they have to be believable as having a torrid relationship to be convincing." He looked at Buck and all but laughed as he added, "Of course, I'm sure Buck could, um…rise to the occasion, but he has to be convincing and the same with her. Bringing a stranger into the mix could cause problems."

"But hon, it could solve some too. What you just said is part of it. Buck is a player. There he is in town for an extended period of time with some new chick. Hank will be all over that and the games could begin with their guard lowered at least a little right away."

"I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade here, but how could this Kali bring herself to play that role. I mean from the way you two talked, you and Gabe wouldn't be likely to have anybody in your circle of friends that would fit that role."

Carly looked at Gabe and then back at Layla and said, "We've known her for a long time, but the one drawback is, it would take her time to reach a point where she might be able to deal with some of the issues. That said, I think she is our best hope. The only real question is would she do it first of all, and would she feel like she could be convincing in that role. If yes to both of those, then it's up to Buck and Anita."

Buck seemed to be getting into the idea as he said, "We'd have to create a whole package for this ruse, a different last name for her, a good explanation how we met, and how it is that she could be up there and not worrying about a job. Which by the way, how about that? She no doubt has to think about her income."

"Kali is like Gabe said, recently divorced. Well, maybe three months ago. She and her ex have been fighting it out for some time, but when the dust settled she came out of it with a very nice settlement, not huge, but enough that she doesn't have to work very hard to supplement her income."

Anita then asked, "So what does this well off single and available woman look like, Carly?" The others laughed, but it was an understandable and even a predictable question.

"She's not as good looking as Layla, or even you or me, but she's far from ugly. Nice, but petite shape, in good shape because she has a trainer and so forth. Not a personal one, but one that helps her take good care of herself."

"Assuming she would say yes, this is coming together a little too easy. There must be something we're forgetting to consider."

"Honey," Buck said to Anita, "One thing I'm not forgetting, is the reason we're going to all this trouble and expense. This is serious, and a lot is riding on how we handle this. I can be convincing in my role and I know that, but we need to see if this Kali would be willing to accept a part in our play. Gabe, what's your take on Kali? Good for the part, a little flaky, might fall apart under pressure?"

"Good for the part actually, she's pretty comfortable with herself. Not arrogant, but just used to taking care of herself. She's pretty smart actually."

"Like Anita said, 'this is going too smooth. Where are the pitfalls that are going unnoticed?"

"Here's one," Mitch said. "Timing, we're going to run out of warm weather and we don't want to wait until next spring. That's extending the risk too far. Bad things could happen, if for some reason, their house of cards were to come under attack from others. Videos, photos, and details about us and a lot of other people could be spread all over like a bad disease. My business could go to hell; Layla's career would be in the trash and so forth. I'd say no longer than a month from now but even that is stretching our luck."

"Well there's one big pitfall, anymore?"

"Here's one," Anita said. "What if you and Kali discover you two are a pretty good match? I'm taking one hell of a risk here remember."

"Honey, we do have to talk about that, and meet Kali, and you two talk a lot. Only then could the decision be made. I'm not looking for fun and adventure. I already love two women…" and he looked at Carly and added, "and I'm not far from adding a third one. The last thing I need in my life is the complication of a fourth woman."

"Well remember, you might have Faith to deal with."

"She won't be a problem as long as I don't show up there alone."

"Well, that is a good point in favor of your plan."

Layla got up and said, "Time for refreshment refills," and headed to the kitchen.


Chapter Forty Nine


Carly and Anita followed Layla to the kitchen and the three of them talked about the risk Anita had to consider. Layla's arm went around her waist as she said, "Nita just remember you have every right to say no to that plan. I think it's a good one, but if it were Mitch rather than Buck, I don't know what I would say. In other words, if you say no, we'll come up with another plan."

Carly added, "I feel the same way Nita. The four of us had some pretty damn close calls in Discovery, and all of that just bonds us closer together. What I'm saying is, this decision is yours alone, without regard to anybody, or anything else. I agree, the plan is a good one, but only you and Buck can make this decision. Either way, we'll support you completely, now and later." "Thanks. I love Buck, and I know he means well and means what he said in there. Under normal circumstances, I feel that I could trust him completely. If and when we were to ever share…or swap or whatever, I think it would be a mutual experience and not a one sided one. But that's expecting a lot from Buck. He'd be living with Kali. Not just seeing her on the street or having dinner with her, but living with her. Being together late at night as they wind down from a very stimulating day, and wandering around in the morning as they got ready to face the new day, all the things that we do everyday as a married couple and don't think twice about it. There they will have to think about it every time. No wandering around naked, or walking in on each other in the bathroom. And sure as hell, no watching channel three together," and the three women laughed. "Thanks for your support, and if I do agree to it, expect to have me at your door looking for support, or maybe even crying out of loneliness or frustration or fear."

We'll both do everything we can to support you."

"One other thing too, if this does go ahead, and if Buck does stumble, we can't ostracize him and beat him for falling to temptation. I'd never want him to know I said that, but we're all human and we all have our limits. We all know what it's like to get caught up in the fun times in that damn town …excuse me…village."