Jason's Story Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Elise reached out and put her hand on Simon's thigh and her head on his shoulder. He put his hand over hers and placed his cheek on the top of her head. She looked over at Jason as he put an elbow on each knee and placed his head in his hands; inky waves falling over his fingers.

Bria walked up on the scene from a short trip to the restroom. She noticed her mother looking at Jason intently.

"Mom, Dad, K, Jason; why don't we go to the cafeteria and grab a bite to eat?"

Kane and Simon agreed to go along and Elise and Jason decided to stay behind. After they'd left the waiting room; Elise started to make small talk with Jason.

"So, Bria tells us that you and Nigha worked closely together for over a year?"

"Yes ma'am. We've pulled our fair share of long hours together" he said with a smile.

"She thinks very highly of you, you know."

"The feeling is mutual. Nigha is one of the most fascinating people I've ever met."

"Jason; why are you here? It seems quite a way to go to be close to a co-worker; don't you think?"

Jason put his head down and smiled. He finally understood why she was examining him so closely; he thought.

"Elise; in the time that I spent with Nigha, we became more than co-workers. To this day she's one of my best friends and I care a lot about her."

"That much is obvious Jason" she said as she reached out and patted his hand. "Have you seen my granddaughters?"

"I stopped by to see them yesterday. They looked like sleeping angels; they're simply beautiful just like..." he stopped himself before finishing his though aloud.

"Like Nigha" she said finishing his thought.

"Yes; just like their mother" he finished.

"I got to meet them for the first time today and they woke up during my visit. The attending nurse let me know that it was the first time that any of the family had seen them awake" she beamed "They didn't even open those beautiful eyes for Grandpa; eyes shared by both of them, the eyes of their father. Would you like to go and see them?"

"Yes ma'am; very much so."

"I think that's a great idea" she said as she rose to her feet and led the way to the stairwell. "I don't take the elevator; stairs keep you in shape" she said as she smiled back at him.

He followed her up two flights of stairs to the nursery. When they got to the window, the twins were asleep again. Spotting the nurse; Elise motioned for her to bring one of the twins over to the window so that Jason could get a closer look. As the nurse gathered up one of the girls and started to walk toward the window, Elise started to speak again.

"Jason; I'm no fool. I know that you're here because you're in love with my daughter. Please don't insult my intelligence by trying to deny it because it's written all over your face. You share the same worried expression that my husband and other daughter have, although the love behind it is different; it's just as real."

Jason stood stunned by her words and their truth.

"I know who you are Jason Branson, but I don't think that you do...yet."

"What do you mean; you know who I am?" he asked turning to face her.

Elise smiled at the nurse as she approached the window with the baby. She was awake and fighting to free one of her arms from the blankets that swaddled her.

Elise answered Jason's question with one word "Look" she said as she motioned her head toward the window.

When Jason looked back at the window he felt dizzy at what he saw; his own eyes looking back at him.

The truth was out.

12