Joy on Stage Part Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A few laughs came, but they were rare, everyone else was suddenly concerned with how serious it had all suddenly become. It was risky writing, challenging emotions like that, but I loved being a part of it. At least before I became the naked focus on the stage. I made my way back to Walt on his couch, bobbing my head left and right as he delivered his defense, but I was only hoping my ass looked good. I dropped to my spot and started to blow Harry. It was a funny scene, I thought, but no one laughed, which sometimes happens when you make an audience uncomfortable. As I climbed up on his lap, they started bringing the lights down earlier, but slower than before, and I mimed putting him into me during the stage's twilight. We were in the dark, I was rubbing against Walt in a way that seemed more personal than before, and he had to make such loud and enthusiastic lovemaking noises that I couldn't tell if he was bothered or not by the contact I had with him. It lasted until he stopped it, then he patted my ass to get me to step away, and I returned to the shadows, using only the glow-in-the-dark guiding tape to find my mark.

Act Two proceeded just like rehearsal, with me nervous at first, relishing those moments I could hide in the shadows, but also allowing me to become more comfortable with my nudity. When I was safely hidden away behind the couch, I got to watch Vaughn, which was a mixed blessing. He was watching the play, but he did seem more than a little distracted. I couldn't blame him really. If I thought he would have come, I would have prepared him for what to expect, but I really believed I would have more time. I could even confess to him I was going to be naked and would be too nervous if he showed up—I honestly wouldn't have believed I would go through with it with Vaughn in the audience, I guess there was something to that commitment and loyalty crap. But I felt bad for him, being surprised as he was. I'm sure we both thought the first time he saw his new girlfriend naked would be a little more exclusive.

The scene came for Michelle and Walt to strip and simulate sex, and I was happy to have the focus taken off me for a bit. He bared her breasts, then brought her panties down in front of the audience, and they were raptly attentive, but I think my stripping first on stage sort of stole their thunder. I couldn't deny that some shock went through the audience when Walt unzipped his slacks and unleashed an erect cock. I came out of the shadows as they pretended to fuck, put my hands on his hips, and thrusted after him. Once in a while Walt's ass backed into my shorn mound, which was awkward, but I didn't let it break my concentration.

The last scene closed, with Harry begging Tracy to forgive him, which brings out an unprecedented streak of defiance and anger in her, leading to Harry choking her as the lights go down. The three of us skirted off-stage as the applause started, then when the lights came up, Papa and Pam came out, joined hands, and bowed for them. Michelle followed, still red from the exertion of her final scene, she smiled as if letting them know it was all an act and she was still fine, then she bowed for them. High marks. I came out complete nude still, covered in sweat and nearly as red as my hair, bowed against the roar from the crowd—they really did love me, even if their motives weren't so pure—and stepped aside to let Walt come out for his bow. Group bow, then we stepped back until the curtain came down again. We hadn't planned for it at all, but the applause was still going, so Walt led us out again like a band for an encore, we joined hands once more, gave them a very slow group bow. It was a relief to be out of sight again.

Amidst our "great work" self-congratulations we passed around, Walt leaned toward me and asked, "Did you forget your robe again?"

Feeling a little cheap, I confessed to him, "I get more applause without it."

I dressed in a hurry, gave my costume to Kristin so it would get washed before the next show, toweled away the makeup and then reapplied something more moderate, just in case there was press outside wanting a picture, and then I made my way out. I felt weird to be mobbed by fans, knowing they had just been introduced to me as the naked girl overacting in the play. Some of them asked me for my autograph, but I thought they were fucking with me until they gushed with believable sincerity. I ended up signing six, accepting two dozen compliments on my acting, received more than a handful of clumsy passes or lewd remarks on my body, which I tastefully ignored, and all the while I scanned over the heads of my fans for Vaughn. I saw two different black guys, but one was bald and the other wore glasses. I had to get away from my fans before I started crying.

At home I tried calling Vaughn's phone, but he didn't answer. I tried three more times. It was later, but he should have been home, especially since I knew he had just finished watching the play. Why didn't he want to talk to me? Oh, I knew why, I just wanted it to be for some other reason.

I saw a porno rag of some kind left on the coffee table, nothing Chuck hadn't done before, and usually I found it pretty disgusting. But curiosity got the best of me, maybe, as I picked it up and started to flip through it. It turned out not to be the glossy kind of magazine full of naked women or fucking couples that I had expected, it was more like a hook-up magazine. There were several ads for escort or massage services, hookers promising "pleasure" services in not-quite-clever euphemisms, and a number of ads for guys who were curious about being with other guys. I had picked up the magazine by the back, where the ads were most prevalent, and I found myself flipping through the pages in reverse until I flipped the magazine over to go through the traditional way. The magazine boasted of a few sex-centered stories, probably nothing more than filler to entice readers to pick up the ad rag. But I did notice a blurb on the front of great interest.

"Conscience: The Controversial New Play From Writer Terry Townshend."

I blew out a breath and turned with heightened intrigue to the story on page 5, apparently not a big enough story to displace the most recent attempt to legalize prostitution in the state. As soon as I turned to the right page, I started to freak out—there was the fully nude shot of me staged by Rosemary, me leaning in the door, defoliated, my breasts larger as they lunged forward, and wearing that stupid smile. Oh, fuck. Fuck. This was in the paper. This was an interview basically advertising the play.

Fuck. Chuck had seen this—it might well have been why he picked up the magazine.

Oh, fuck, fuck, fuck.

* * *

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
5 Comments
bozorinobozorinoover 8 years ago
Excellent

Forget about the dumb comment about being mixed up. This was great a real story with eroticism, about real people, not cardboard, where people lose all their clothes in the second paragraph, or never even have any clothing, but are fucking in the first sentence.

Slow is best, in my opinion, and this story is excellent !!!!

Thanks much

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
NOvel or sex story?

It seems that you aren't sure whether you want to write a dramatic novel or a short sex story. they don't mix well. Choose one or the other. This was far too long and slow-moving to keep my attention.

OzEliotOzEliotalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Thoughts and reviews appreciated

The time spent remarking on the story, as well as reading it, are very welcome. I wish it had been more satisfying for anyone who didn't feel it paid off, but I see it as a good thing that it kept readers engaged enough to finish it, and also inviting enough interest to get such thoughtful feedback.

My biggest misstep, I feel, is that Chelsea characterized the magazine in which her picture (and a review) appears as a "porno mag." This is what she thought it was, as it was what she expected from Chuck, but I have always thought of it more as an indie local magazine. If you live in a metropolitan area and have seen these types of publications, they are full of credible journalism up front... and tons of hook-up ads and "massage" classifieds at the back. It's not unlikely to see an early review of a play or a write-up in such a publication, and while full frontal nude photos are probably unlikely, I risked writing it as a somewhat plausible occurrence. The problem probably comes from the fact that I stayed mostly in Chelsea's mind for that ending sequence and never clarified how I saw it. I hadn't expected it to color anyone's interpretation.

As for the shaving scene, it seems like I tried to cling to realism there, discomfort and sub-surface eroticism rather than becoming a full-blown lesbian sex scene between professionals. That might have been what some people wanted, but I wasn't going for that.

Thanks for sticking with it. I'm very glad for all the 5-star votes and positive feedback from everyone who offered, and I also appreciate the time invested from those who didn't feel it worked for them.

BigBeanieBigBeaniealmost 10 years ago
Close, but no banana.

I had high expectations, and I feel slightly let down. Sure it’s better than 90% of the stories on this site, but after the build-up I was hoping for a ‘top 2%’ story, and I think it’s fallen a little short.

Why?

Well, first it is meant to be an erotic story site. Having built up to the shaving scene I thought it was anti-climactic. You got no feeling that either Chelsea or Rosemary found anything erotic about it. In Chelsea’s voice we hear “My lips were puffy, getting thicker by the second”, but there’s nothing to explain why. In the scene Chelsea comes across as 100% embarrassed, heading towards mortified. I think it would have played better if she had been 80% embarrassed and 20% aroused, but then also embarrassed about being aroused.

The second point is Chelea’s away-from-work relationships with Vaughn and her flatmates. As in the first episode all it seems to do is slow the tempo of the story. I believe the focus of the story needs to be Chelsea’s performance in the play, and particularly the verging-but-not-really dom/sub relationship with Rosemary.

Maybe it’s all set up for something exciting to happen in this arena in episode 3, but if so it needs to be something that carries an erotic charge to pay back for all this build-up, and all that seems to have been set up is an argument and a break-up before we were properly together scene.

Finally, I found the idea that the play would be advertised in a porno mag risible. This is meant to be serious professional theatre. Everyone involved would want the nudity to be seen as artistically necessary and required for the play to make it’s emotional point. No one would want to be seen as backing porn, producing porn, directing porn or acting in porn.

It would even backfire in audience terms, as for everyone who turned-up to ogle the nudity you’d lose just as many regular theate-goers, including most couples who would not buy tickets to a porn performance. I just don’t buy that after all the effort of rehearsing and producing a serious play you’d advertise it to the "frat-boy on spring-break" and "dirty raincoat" markets.

I agree, the other poster is right. Appearing naked in a play marketed as porn means Chelsea’s 'serious' acting career is over. Pretty much the same for Rosemary’s directing career… so I just don’t buy-into it happening the way it’s written.

The other problem is that for the story to progress further, Chelsea has to be talked into being even more daring by Rosemary. But it’s not credible that this could happen after Rosemary has betrayed Chelsea’s trust over the way the publicity shots would be used.

Indeed the only sensible response from Chelsea would be to try to protect herself by issuing a statement saying she played the first night nude as a late change because the director asked her to and she trusted the director, but having been let down she is playing it the way it was rehearsed from now on.

The problem with that is there is no climax to the story. What's happened in this episode is as juicy as it gets. I just can't see how the author climbs out of this plot-hole without throwing away the realism and believability that has otherwise been the hallmark of this story.

Four stars. Good, but could and should have been better.

MajorRewriteMajorRewritealmost 10 years ago
Well written.

Joy was right, her career would be over. Nobody would hire an actress stupid enough to let herself be used that way. She'd be an instant joke in the profession.

Makes for a sexy story though.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Katie's House Party Exposure Conservative college girl loses bet and her inhibitionsin Exhibitionist & Voyeur
Doona's Theatre Performance Community theatre acting role leads to on stage sex.in Loving Wives
My Most Embarassing Moment on Stage A quick flash that went way too long.in Exhibitionist & Voyeur
Nikki's Encore Amateur actress returns to the stage and ends up naked again.in Exhibitionist & Voyeur
Catherine's First Time on Stage Catherine is an extra in a play.in Exhibitionist & Voyeur
More Stories