Kane Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He's a very bright boy, even without really knowing what he is or even understanding why he was doing it; he took care of himself and protected you. Carla, this could have been very bad; he could have hurt you and other people." Kane replied.

"Hurt me? He's just a child."

"He's not a human child, he is much stronger and faster and yes he could have hurt you without meaning to."

"So now what? What does this mean for Ian?" Carla asked, her mind racing.

"It means that he needs a male vampire to teach him, it is the responsibility of the father to do that. That teaching begins at birth and through no fault of his; he's already five years behind. I need to spend time with him; I can come in the evenings and get him caught up."

"This is nuts, you know that right?" she asked feeling woozy again, her baby a vampire? As much as she wanted as little contact with Kane as possible, Ian needed him. That didn't take Kane off of her shit list but Ian as always came first.

"I know that it sounds crazy, but do you believe me?" he asked.

Carla didn't answer right away, something about vampires niggled at her but she couldn't remember what it was, but it was important. She stopped trying to remember, it would come to her later.

"When does this start?" she asked.

"I did a little tonight; he was becoming anxious for himself and you. As I said he is extremely intelligent, have you ever had him tested?"

"Not formally, I had a colleague who is a psychologist talk with him and he said what you just said. I took him out of daycare because I found a job that allows me to work from home and he was getting bored with it. He could count by the time he was one and speaking complete sentences why the time he was eighteen months old."

"You've done well with him, so what is he doing as far as schooling?"

"I buy him educational programs to keep him busy and he runs through those like water. I'm sure that you noticed the books in room, what five year old reads Carl Sagan and understands it?" Carla asked.

Kane smiled at her.

"Ours apparently." Kane replied, "I would like to help with his education if you'll let me."

Carla thought about it, Ian was running through the programs faster than she could buy. Maybe between the two of them they could keep ahead and besides; he offered.

"You could help with buying the programs, we could split the cost."

"Why don't I just buy them? Just tell me which ones he needs and I'll get them." Kane replied.

"I can't ask you to do that! They cost a lot of money."

"Please, I want to and don't worry about the money."

Carla hesitated, if Kane bought the programs it would free up several hundred dollars each month that she could put in a CD or IRA fund.

"Deal and only under one condition, if it gets to be too much financially; you tell me and we split the cost."

"Deal." Kane agreed, "About the rest of it, I would like to start coming tomorrow night. I'll keep you stocked with blood for Ian so he won't need to drink from animals unless it's an emergency. It wouldn't hurt for you to sit in when I talk to him about these things."

"Did you really think that I wouldn't?" she asked, "this is my child we're talking about. Anything you tell him or do with him I want to know."

Kane wanted to correct her and say, "Our child." but didn't. Things were going much better than he thought they would and he wasn't about to rock the boat because of semantics. Now that he was in the door, the next hurdle was getting Carla to go out with him but that was for another day.

"Thank you for talking to me and for allowing me to interact with our son, I realize that this couldn't have been easy for you."

"I want you to understand something." Carla said, "You are only here because of Ian and no other reason so don't get any ideas about us."

"Understood and Carla? There was one question that you asked that I never responded to; there are no other children."

"Really? And how do you know that?" she asked,

"I just do. I'll see you tomorrow night." he said leaving before she could ask any other questions.

After Kane left, Carla tried to concentrate on grading the rest of the essays in her email, why couldn't he have stayed away? Ian's prayer bothered her too, she had always tried to hide her anger from him but obviously she had failed. She finally gave up on grading the essays, she peeked in at Ian and watched him sleep; this little boy was her heart and now she had to share him with a man that she didn't know and didn't want to know. She changed into her pajamas, crawled into bed. She turned onto her side and pulled a pillow into her arms hugging it against her and cried herself to sleep.

Kane stood outside of Carla's house contemplating the things that he had missed because of his arrogance and refusal to accept what he was. He wished for the impossible, to go back and redo that time but all he could do now was move forward. He silently wished Carla and Ian a good rest before he vanished from where he stood.

12