Lessons for Katie 08b

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We spoke some more about my situation, drank more beer and then caught up on other general stuff going on in our lives. We spoke about our investment properties and even talked about buying one together, doing it up and flicking it on for some good profit. Then it hit me. My mind became very clear all of a sudden.

"I've been mulling this over in my head since we spoke mate and you know what Damon?"

"What's that?"

"I'm gonna do it. I'm in love with Katie. I can't deny that anymore. I care about Kassy, but I'm just not in love with her anymore. I've just been too comfortable in my routine to realise it until now."

"Good for you then. At least you've come to a decision. I just hope you can handle the shit storm coming your way. Because trust me, with a bombshell like this, it's coming."

"Yeah I know. But oh well, we live and die by our decisions in life huh? I can't wait to tell Katie."

"Well you might have to mate. I can't let you drive with the amount of beer we've put away today. I think you two might be spending the night apart tonight buddy."

I felt disheartened. Damon was right, I couldn't drive after the amount of beer I'd consumed. It was 5:00 and I told Damon I better call Katie and let her know I wouldn't be back tonight. It was about the same time Anna returned from her day out.

"Hello boys. Have fun without me? Not too much I hope." came Anna's greeting as she walked in the door. I was already dialling Katie's mobile phone when Anna walked in. Damon held his finger up to his lips.

"Ssshhh. Jai's calling Katie, letting her know he won't be back tonight. We have a guest for the night." Anna looked confused as to why I would be calling Katie, not Kassy. "I'll explain later."

"Hey there my love how was your study day?"

"Good. I got it all out of the way I think. Are you on your way back? I miss you."

"I miss you too honey, but I'm sorry you'll have to sleep alone tonight. I've had a few too many to drive, so I'm staying at Uncle Damon's tonight." Damon wasn't really her uncle, it's just what Katie had always called him.

"Noooo really? But this bed will seem so empty without you in it. I won't to feel you with me as I go to sleep. Are you sure you can't drive?"

"Yes honey I'm sure. I'm sorry. I can't risk it and Damon wouldn't let me anyway. Besides you know what they say. 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder.' I'll be back in the morning honey. I love you."

"I love you too Jai. This sucks. Hurry back tomorrow please babe."

"I will honey, I will. I've got some news too."

"Tell me?"

"It can wait until tomorrow."

"That's mean Jai. You can't tell a girl you've got news and then not tell her." I laughed.

"Well it'll have to wait until then. I love you honey. Good night."

"I love you too babe. I'll miss you." With that Katie disconnected the call. I could tell be her voice she was upset.

That night Damon and I brought Anna up to speed. She was actually far more understanding than I thought she would be. In fact she took the same approach as Damon, saying she would be there for me and Katie, but to be prepared for the blow up that was coming our way.

I slept soundly after finally getting to sleep. I felt lonely not having Katie by my side in bed. Tomorrow though I would let Katie know we would be together and take on whatever was coming our way as a couple.