Like Father Like son

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Annabeth Chase

I don't care what he said, Ben would never hurt me. Just because his father and mother killed themselves over an affair, that was not Ben. He would never do anything like that to me or to himself. I believed that. What I did with George was not an affair, at least not yet. We had just had the one day together if I didn't count the time at the Manna House. Whatever, Ben would forgive me, I was sure.

If he was on his way home, I had to be ready for him. I needed to make sure I looked my best and that there was plenty of beer and pizza in the fridge. That's what he liked when he wanted to relax and kick back. I wanted him relaxed and calm when we talked. I knew he would try to understand what I did and he would forgive me. I needed to make a quick run to the store for the beer and I would pick up a couple of frozen pizzas just in case.

Ben Chase

"Are you sure you have everything? You know the address? You know that I want it done at exactly 8:00 p.m. tomorrow night? OK, good. I'll call again tomorrow just before I leave."

Perfect! Everything was in place. It had taken me three days to make the contacts and to get everything that was needed. I just wanted to make it all perfect. Beth needed to be surprised. This way she would not expect a thing. Just to be sure, I decided the time had come for me to call her and set everything up. It had to be done just right. I looked around the room, making sure I had everything packed and ready to take down to the car. I wouldn't check out until tomorrow morning, but I needed to be ready. I admit that I was higher than a kite but what I had planned was really big.

If everything worked according to plan, I would be at least eight hours away when it happened. My contact was ready, he knew the time and he knew what to do. I had been over this time and again in my mind and I knew this is what I wanted. Dad had made a mistake and taken it out on himself instead of mom. I wasn't going down that path. Beth had the affair and she would pay. I was not to blame so why should I hurt myself. That's the mistake dad made. Not me!

Smiling, I reached for the phone and dialed.

"Hello? Ben?"

"Yes Beth, it's me. How are you?"

"Oh my God Ben, where have you been? I've been dying waiting for you to come home. Are you coming home now? I need you here."

"Well, I'm not sure. It seems we have a problem. In case you don't remember, you were fucking another man in our house and in our bed. Did you forget that Beth? Did you forget that you are my wife and that fucking other men is not permitted?"

"Ben, please. Come home so we can talk about this. I need to see you and explain to you what you saw. It's not what you think. Please Ben, give me a chance to tell you my side."

"Are you saying that you weren't fucking that man? It was someone else he had his cock buried in?"

"No, no, Ben, please come home. Come home now and let me explain. Please, Ben"

"Well I guess maybe I didn't see things exactly right? Well, OK if you think you can explain then we should talk."

"Yes! Yes we have to talk. Please come home now so we can talk. I am so afraid right now that you won't understand. I don't want to lose you. Come home now."

"No, I can't do it now. Will you be home tomorrow evening about 8:00? I can come by then if that's OK."

"That's fine. That's perfect. I'll wait for you and I'll have everything ready. Oh, thank you Ben. I was so afraid I would lose you and that would kill me."

"Be there at 8:00 p.m. tomorrow. Goodbye Beth."

With that I hung up the phone before she could say any more. It was as I expected. She never once said anything about causingmepain. Onlyherself. She was worried about whatshewould lose, not whetherIwas OK or in pain. No mention ofmeand what I was feeling, only whatshewas feeling. Just like mom. She screwed over my dad and he killed himself. But she didn't kill herself over guilt, just self pity. She only cared for herself, just like Beth. Fine! Beth would pay, just as my mother should have.

I took my bags down to the car so that I would be ready for tomorrow. I wanted to check out before 11:00 a.m. and make a few stops before getting on the road. I needed some cash and I needed to close some accounts. That would be easy and I could get it all done in about an hour or so. I was ready. I decided to order pizza delivered to the room and I could make a stop at the Kangaroo store next door to pick up some beer and fill the car with gas. I loved pizza and cold beer. God, it felt good to know what I was doing.

Beth Austin

The phone call could have been worse but at least he agreed to come home to let me explain. I had to be sure of what I said to him. He needed to know that I loved him and that I was sorry. I needed to explain to him that I was really upset with him when he left that day and that I was still feeling hurt and angry when George stopped by. I didn't love George or feel anything for him. It was just sex and it was because we had that fight. It was as much his fault as mine but I was sorry and it wouldn't happen again. I needed him to believe that.

I thought about that and decided that I wouldn't mention the part about it being partly his fault. That was too much. Just that I was upset. That was better. If he could forgive me, we could get past it and go on. Ben would forgive me, I was positive of that. Ben was not a violent man and he had incredible patience with me and my mistakes. This was just that: a mistake. A pleasant one for me but a mistake that I wouldn't make again. But I wouldn't include that part, the pleasant part. George was a very good lover and it was too bad it was a one time thing, but it was over. I had my fun, I paid a price and now it was time to get back on the path.

I just had to wait now until tomorrow night. I was ready.

Ben Chase

The accounts were closed, the money was transferred to a new account in a different bank and I had made a cash withdrawal of $5,000 which I put into an envelope. That was to be left in a PO Box at the Post Office indicated by J. D. Peterson, the gentleman taking care of tonight for me. Since we had never met in person, I was just as glad to leave the money there and be on my way. He knew what to do, where to go and he had all he needed to finish the job. He was fine with it this way as was I.

I finished up my business and had an early lunch at a diner outside of town. It was just after 11:30 when I placed a call to Mr. Peterson. When he answered, I told him the money had been dropped in the mailbox he indicated and that I was ready to head out of town. He told me to have a safe trip and that he would call my new cell phone number when it was done. I told him to be sure that he arrived at the house at exactly 8:00 so that I would know when it went down. He agreed, told me to stop worrying and to have a safe trip.

I had the waitress fix me a coffee to go and left the diner. I was on my way to Mexico and my new life. I wanted to be out of the States by tonight so I had chartered a flight to Phoenix, Arizona and I would cross over just south of Tucson into Nogales, Mexico. By 8:00 p.m. I should be there. I would be out of the jurisdiction of the US courts and I could lose myself for a long time. That was the plan. I had a contact there that would give me employment and I had no real desire to make a fortune. Just enough to live on and maybe find a little place of my own. I was done with women for a long time to come and I just wanted to be alone. Where I was going was just right for that.

Annabeth Chase

I looked at the clock again and it was only 7:30, just a minute later than the last time I looked. I was nervous, anxious to get this started, and a little afraid of what might happen. What if Ben couldn't forgive me? I didn't want to live without him but he might not agree. I could only hope and pray that I hadn't ruined the life I had with him. That was my greatest fear: that he wouldn't take me back. Maybe I had messed up too badly. But no! Not Ben. He would forgive me. He had to. What time was it? 7:35.

I checked again to be sure the pizza was coming along and that the beer was cold. I had stocked the fridge just to be sure. I had set the pizza to come out just at 8:00 so we could sit down to hot pizza and cold beer, Ben's favorites. Perfect. He would be in a good mood so he would listen. Yes!

Ben Chase

I crossed the border at the check station at 7:21 pm, just about perfect. I was now in Mexico and it was less than forty minutes to go. I could make it to the little bar that I had found on my last trip here and that's where I would wait.

It was just 7:50 when I parked my car, locked it tight and went into the bar. It was cool and dark here, perfect for waiting. I took a seat at one of the tables and a sweet young thing took my order. Since I spoke fluent Spanish, she smiled and swayed her hips as she walked back to get my beer. She was really cute but she was a female and I wanted nothing to do with them right now. I checked my watch and it was now 7:55. Five minutes to go.

Annabeth Chase

It was 7:55, only a few more minutes. I wondered if Ben would be on time or would he try to make me nervous by being late? I would wait and see. I didn't care, as long as he came. I waited, more nervous than I had ever been in my life. What was going to happen tonight? I didn't know and I could only pray.

As the clock struck 8:00, the doorbell rang. That was Ben! He was here! I checked my face in the hall mirror and went to the door. I paused to collect myself and opened the door.

Annabeth Chase

The man standing there in my doorway was not Ben! He was a tall man, dark haired with a face that was hard and cruel. He just looked at me, as I stared back. I finally found my voice and asked him who he was.

"You're not Ben. Who are you and where is my husband?"

"So are you Annabeth Chase? Wife of Ben Chase?"

I just stared at him not understanding what he was doing. I finally answered.

"Yes, I'm Beth. Who are you?"

"I have something from your husband. He wanted me to give it to you in person."

As he spoke, he reached into his jacket pocket.

Ben Chase

It was exactly 8:00. Peterson should right now be knocking on the door. I watched the second hand on my watch and waited for exactly one minute. There! It was over. I was now a free man and I could do what I pleased. The feeling was not what I had hoped but it was what I expected. Somewhat sad but also exhilarating. It was done. I took a last swig from the bottle and left the bar, heading south.

Annabeth Chase

He pulled out an envelope and held it out to me. With nothing else to do, I took it. Once I had the envelope in my hand, he began to speak, reading from a note he held in one hand.

"Annabeth Chase. You have been served. These are divorce papers signed by your husband Ben and filed with family court. Mr. Chase has notarized me to act on his behalf and I have listed all of the assets you and Mr. Chase shared in common. You will find checks for half of the money assets in that envelope. All credit cards held jointly have been cancelled. The house is in Mr. Chase's name and has been listed for sale. Once the sale is complete, you will receive half of the profits once the mortgage and all closing costs have been satisfied. The car you currently drive is in your name only and you are responsible for any and all payments."

I stood there listening to him but not really registering any of the words. I was stunned! Ben had divorced me? Without even talking to me? I couldn't believe this. I didn't believe this.

"Where is my husband. Where is Ben? This isn't fair. It was only one time. I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it! Please, tell me where Ben is. I have to talk to him. Please . . . "

I slumped to the floor, there in the doorway while the man turned and walked away. He turned once to tell me that I could contact him by the number on his card in the envelope. I finally stood and walked back into the house, the house that was no longer my home with Ben. He was gone and I was alone. I had gotten my answer. Ben could not and would not forgive me. I understood. He saw his mother in me and I had reinforced his opinion of her. We were all unfaithful and he was leaving me just as his father had done, but Ben choose to live without me where his father had chosen to die rather than be with her.

Like father, like son, but their choices were their own.