All Comments on 'Love & Peace Ch. 01'

by janiexx

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Lou NuttickLou Nuttickover 18 years ago
Distasteful

Imagine, if you will, having an exquisite meal at a four-star restaurant and, as you are finishing, discovering a cockroach nestled in the remnants of your entree. Was the meal any less flavorful? No, but your perception of the entire experience has suddenly changed.

This is akin to the distaste I felt for the cheating on his part and the urging him to cheat on her part. It overshadowed the positives of an otherwise fine story when I lost any sympathy I felt for the characters.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Great story

That was a very good story. You did a good job of combining several different elements into one cohesive tale. It was both sweet and sexy. Thanks

YorkYorkabout 18 years ago
Excellent

I found that both moving and erotic. I actually found myself exclaiming out loud when he said Louise's name.

I found the characters believable and had sympathy for both of their situations. I suspect it's something that happens more than people are willing to admit in real life.

Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
You spoiled the whole thing

How is it you spent most of the story telling us how much she wanted him? She threw herself at him, virtually forcing him to stay when he wanted to do the right thing and leave THEN you have her say:

"I want you to go, Daniel. I've served my purpose so please go and leave me alone.", which alleges he used her because she looked like Louise.

Big boo-boo because everything she got was absolutely her own doing and by her own design.

And at the same time time a big stuff up for your story.

She can't have it both ways - he should run as fast as he can - this one's a psycho!

Alien47Alien47about 18 years ago
Great stuff - NOT spoiled!

Boo to you, Kango. You didn't like it? Tough! This was real to life - where not everything works out perfectly all along the way.

Just keep doing what you do so well, Janie.

David48David48over 17 years ago
first timer

Reading something in the romance catagory seems too much like doing Harliquin (sic?) to me. But Surprise! It was a really good start to a very interesting story line. A ghost in the mix. Sounds like vintage Nora Roberts, except a bit more graphic.

ParisMaleParisMaleover 16 years ago
Fascinating, but get the "American" right

Good yarn, and I'm looking forward to reading the remaining chapters. But a true "American" would never say things like:

That's what I like about you lot.

Or maybe get your husband or boyfriend to sort you out?

Lock it up and sort it out tomorrow.

...this weather looks like it's set in for the night.

"Hey, steady on!" he laughed. "I've got to drive home!"

Just thought I would wind you up a little...

We'd got it all sorted - university, careers, marriage and then babies..."

An American would more likely say:

That's what I like about you guys (or Brits).

Or maybe get your husband or boyfriend to fix it?

Lock it up and take care of it tomorrow.

.. it doesn't look like this rain is going to stop any time soon.

"Whoa, that's enough!" he laughed.

I'm just teasing.

We had it all planned out - university, careers, marriage and then babies..."

Get polished up on your Yankee lingo before you try to go writing dialog for any more "american" characters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Don't know about this one. Kate practically forced Daniel to stay and betray his wife. Which erases all sympathy I might have felt for her when he called out another name.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous