All Comments on 'Love of Politics Ch. 10'

by jacquioh2

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Finally!!

Loved It!!!

Continue on...Please!!!

shangoshangoover 17 years ago
What a Cop-out!

But at least it's over. Why didn't you have her confess?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Correct Me...

but didn't she cheat first with Mike starting in 1991? I guess everything is ok since David cheated with Phyllis. Actually, based upon her conversation she believed that David had cheated with her (starting with his talk with Sally) which gave her permission to fool around with Mike. So they had an open marriage (except David did not know it).

SleeplessinMD

ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
I suppose it is well written

But I hope I never have any of these 4 people in my life. It is well titled though: "Love of Politics". Very appropos becasue we all know that politicians are the folks most lacking in principles, honesty, integrity, or just plain brains going! They always find some pseudo-psychological/sociological excuse for what is just an overabundance of greed and a deficiency of character. Just like the couples pictured here. :-) Too bad the kid is going to get fucked up by it all though. But she plays the hand she is dealt. Obviously Liberals!

Maybe with luck they all develop some form of cancer, keep over and die saving us from a "Chapter 11".

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good

I gave you 75 marks because, even if she did confess to him in her own way, she didn't outright confess, perhaps it is better the way you handled it. She will probably continue the affair with Mike and then the four of them have open sex at the cabin every so often.

She is very smart, too smart for him to figure her out.

I enjoyed the story. You seem to be allowing the reader to decide how things go from here on in...kind of a copout!

But at least they love each other and are still together, he will never figure out her confession though, but maybe for the best in this situation.

Enjoy your work though.

TX CharlieTX Charlieover 17 years ago
The End

of this story but hopefully not the end of your writing. I read the entire series and enjoyed it immensely. Well done.

MacDukeMacDukeover 17 years ago
Real People

That's a good place to leave it. Real people never find conflict wrapped up in a neat little package. The only shortstroke you gave us was Beth's lack of reaction, jealous or otherwise, to David and Phyl.

Too bad you didn't list this in romance at the start. You would have avoided the anonymous pencil dicks and the moral pigmys like Chagrined, the LW resident blowhard. The great writing and imagery throughout should have been rated much higher. In Beth you created a fascinating woman capable of loving more than one person, and not letting it detract from her main love and committment. Kudos.

Thomas22JohnThomas22Johnover 17 years ago
Well done - again ...

I think MacDuke said it all.

I have enjoyed this story from chapter one and I think I can detect an intelligent reflective woman writer

here. I for one have been surprised at the many negative comments you have received. I wonder if the critics would have been the same if you had portrayed yourself as a man with a female assistance?

The rounding off of the story was cleverly done and I thank you. I shall follow your future stories – don’t let the anon’s get you down. They don’t deserve you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Sorry but this was a worthy attempt yet a misfire ending in psycho babble. "The ultimate expression of friendship is sex?" Bs. Pair bonding exists for a reason. People can and do give consent for temporarily opening the marriage or swapping. The lo ger they do so, the more likely the marriage ends in divorce. The >92% divorce rate doesn't lie. Sadly, while she has no jealousy of her husband with Phyllis, he does have insecurities, and they will grow. Worse she will continue an affair with Mike / Mark (name switches) and then reconnect ever so often during the swaps. The swaps are not the marriage killer. It is her affair. That will kill the marriage once her husband finds out. That is treachery, lies deceit, disrespect and humiliation. Then David who has his doubts even now will react in a bad way. Her babble is just that. Psycho babble. Not saying every marriage that violates pair bonding temporarily for select swaps or swinging parties, will implode. But the longer the door stays open the more likely the marriage dies. Her rationalization misses key aspects of human nature as the author (who writes well btw) tries to push through an agenda that polyamory, at some level, is not just acceptable, but somehow the ultimate end state of friendship. Lol. Balderdash. With their mentalities being so different, irrespective of what they have done in the past, their marriage will slowly develop cracks, until eventually her inevitable affair will cause it to implode. Sad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous