All Comments on 'Lynn and Leif Forevermore Ch. 23'

by mich80new

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

Can't say I blame Leif at all. For Leif to be this upset Lynn should know she wasn't right. Lynn need to look at it from his point of view. Everything concerning them has basically been on her terms.

At some point she need to confront her parents. She can't live the rest of her life as two different people to please her parents and their church. Her mom seem as though she won't totally disown Lynn. Her father will be the problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
huh

I see both sides of this. Lief isn't wrong, but he made the decision to force an introduction with her parents despite her obvious discomfort. And his reaction isn't right either. Lynne does need to grow up, but leaving her because he's butthurt isn't the answer.

THELOVELY1GLOTHELOVELY1GLOover 10 years ago
Way

to go Leif, she needs to be honest with herself then her parents need a real talking to! Anything worh having; is worth fighting for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I'm so glad this came up and I'm really interested to see how you work them through this issue. I do have to say that I do understand both sides as I was in the same boat when I met my husband over 10 years ago. I came from a very strict background and a different religion than my husband. And I have to say that I did the same thing, I hid my relationship with my husband (at the time my boyfriend) from my family. I will say he walked into it with open eyes. He knew right from the start where I was coming from but he didn't understand because it was so foreign to him. He kept pushing to meet my parents and I finally told him that I would only take a guy home as long as I was sure I was going to marry him. In my culture dating is not allowed, so I definitely played two different people: the good little girl for my family and the outgoing chick that drank, smoked cigarettes and hung out with boys.

So again, while I am able to see both sides, unless you've ever been in Lynne's shoes you have no room to really judge. In that kind of atmosphere you aren't given choices, it's just the way it is. Granted I broke the mold when I went to my parents and told them I was marrying a guy not of the same religion or culture. We had dated for 7 months, the last 2 of which I was basically living with him when he proposed. I was disowned and left without their support which I knew would happen although no one else thought it would. Ten years later we do have a relationship with my family, while I have been able to gain some closure with my mom, I still don't speak to my dad. It's hard to choose something, even though you know it will make you happy but will cost you your family. That is not something I would wish on anyone. And if anyone truly thinks they can live without their parents (assuming you had at least a decently nurturing family) think again, it's ten times rougher than you can imagine. That being said , I wouldn't change my decision. I love my husband and I am glad that I chose this path. And just as a note, I do want it mentioned that regardless of which persona I was in, I WAS a "good girl". My husband was my first and is my only lover. I lost my virginity on my wedding night and I was 21yrs. To each his own, that was my choice and I don't think myself better or less than anyone else for their choices.

Again, great story and I can't wait to see where you go with this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Awesome Make-Up Sex

Good, a real fight. Now (hopefully) when they make-up it will be smoking.

D3stin2L0v3D3stin2L0v3over 10 years ago
SMH at this...

Oh WOW, it is such a shame, that it happen, but I am glad that you shook it up a bit. But the parents, NO WORDS.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous