Madeleine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're right," von Steuben replied. He slumped down on the bed. He lifted his booted feet onto the bed and crossed them at the ankles as he lay back. Then Madeleine, smiling like an angel of mercy, draped a cool, wet towel over his forehead and eyes. She sat beside him on the bed and rubbed his chest for a minute. Then he felt her move away. "Come back," he pleaded and removed the towel to see where she was.

He was just in time to see his Luger jump in her hand. Before he even heard the shot, he felt a wrenching pain as the bullet tore through his scrotum, splattering his balls and blood all over the comforter. He screeched and cried at the top of his lungs, "Why?"

"Because I'm French you German prick. And because you used me as your whore while lying about my husband. Paul has been dead for over three years you bastard! An escapee told my priest. Rot in Hell!"

Those were the last words Hermann von Steuben ever heard. Everything went blank as the second bullet smashed through his brain.

At that moment, Madeleine heard the sound of heavy hob-nailed boots hastily stumbling up the stairs. Almost simultaneously, she heard the chatter of machine guns and the rattle of bullets against the walls of the chateau. The Resistance was attacking. She didn't know they were coming. "Too late," she thought.

A wry smile played across her mouth. Just before she inserted the barrel of the Luger into her mouth and pulled the trigger once again, she shouted, "Vive la France! Vive la Resistance!

Finis.

*

To anyone interested in the allied invasion of Normandy, I recommend the following two excellent books written from two totally different perspectives, to wit: (1) "D-Day, June 6, 1944: the climactic battle of World War II" by Stephen E. Ambrose, and (2) "The Longest Day" by Cornelius Ryan. "D-Day" is for the serious student of the invasion. "The Longest Day" is for the more casual reader but is very entertaining.