All Comments on 'Mementos'

by OldHideki

Sort by:
  • 118 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
I liked it!

The plot device of the baseball was really good. Guys know how this could happen. The burning prick was another good idea. This was a good revenge story with some humor tossed in for good measure.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
The premise is Moronic the rest Brillant

Let me see if I have this right. John actually sees his engaged fiancee making out with her ex boyfriend Brian. John confronts them gets his ring back.... then 5 SECONDS later Ellen runs after him says " I am sorry" and this dumb fuck 1 SECOND later propose AGAIN!???

and of course John had NO clue that Ellen might be somewhat untrustworthy!!!

LOL... the premises is straight out of JPB or Matt Moreau wimp stories. John's actions sentt out a clear message to the whore wife that cheating is OK as long as you dont get caught.

John's actions are so irrational so unbelieveable so outrageous that the authoi NEEDS to explain how he could take her back in less than 5 seconds.

The rest of the story is GREAT.

The baseball angle is 100% fabulous since I am baseball nut and a Phillies fan I know WHO Pete Incaviglia is.

But the premise is fucking absurd.

Mandy01Mandy01over 13 years ago
Wow, talk about attention to detail.

I hope Ashley likes anally retentive compulsives. But I have to admit that it was a new spin on an old story. How many ways to catch a cheater...Ummm no, that wasn't the song I was thinking about. Something about, fifty ways to your leave your lover...lol

Slip out the back Jack! Making new plans Stan!

Nice read Oldhideki.

Amanda

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Yep, a really fun LW story

If you want details hidden behind a simple facade we have a real fine example here. Discovering all this was real fun and I take my hat off to both the author and the protagonist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
"In sickness and in health"

I know people make vows to love each other "in sickness and in health", but there are limits to how much shit a person has to go through due to "sickness" to prove they stood by their vows. I mean who would stay with a person who kills his/her children due to depression for instance? How could any couple survive that? I doesn't mean the love isn't there, but the hurt and the anguish will ALWAYS be there and it WILL poison a relationship like that. Some actions cut too deep and leave wounds that will never completely heal.

Ok, on to something different. I think you spend way too much time writing about things that have no or very little meaning for the story in it's entirity. Yes, we get it, he likes his baseball, but I have to admit I felt stupid after reading what? 1200? 1500 words about how and why he really, really liked that baseball. Waste of time, and you could have accomplished that in fewer words without losing any of the "immersion"-factor. It's the same with "The Contract" and the reason I simply haven't been able to finish chapter 7. Too many sidetracks. Too many little side stories that take the reader away from the actual story. It's annoying and the story loses focus in my opinion.

DG HearDG Hearover 13 years ago
Good Story

I liked it. Well thought out. A few minor word errors but decently written. The detail was very good.

Congrats! on a nicely written story.

With respect

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wrong highway

You get docked a point for a grievous error of geography in the first graph. If you're driving I-30 to get to Oklahoma City, you're going to be driving for a lot longer than 3 hours, since you have to go by way of Little Rock. Maybe you meant I-35? Otherwise a pretty good story, although I'm like Harry, I never would have married her in the first place after the BS with Brian Jennings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Enjoyed it

The best part was no wimps!

The second best part was Carl catching fire. Didn't see it coming, nice touch. Though I don't think he'd really recover from something like that. Amputation of his favorite part is more likely.

I wish you had more interaction with the wife. After all the build up the story seemed to end a little quickly.

She was pretty nasty, I would have liked to see a little hurt sent her way. If she was complicity in choosing him for reasons implied then she isn't just a victim of her father by an active participant.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed the story and it was nice that he didn't take advantage of a revenge fuck. He deserved one but declining made him a better guy. The counseling seemed a little stupid. I think most counselors are not too helpful but most of them aren't as dumb as it is portrayed in this story. I also had a problem with the immediate return of the engagement ring, she should have been allowed to worry for a few days at least. I loved the fire. Too funny and even more so because the dope did it to himself. And he got his stuff back. It would have been nice to have a little more about Carl realizing that the second baseball was a fake, just to rub it in. It was a good ending. The tramp got the heave ho and a horny woman hooks up with him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
you've replayed the other writers who retired

keep writing your stories your way.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 13 years ago
Yeay

Good tale, different twist to the why she did it. And, a realistic husband who deals with trash when put on his doorstep.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
I Liked this story.

It was a little different from most LW stories, which is a good thing. And to me, maybe not anybody else, but I always like to see the cheated spouse get their revenge and life well after the event. The good guys win the bad guys lose. This story had that premise. So thanks for that.

Anyway thanks for this story it was good read. I hope you write more stories like this one. But even if dont just keep writing.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 13 years ago
Details, details

The over all story was fun, but my, oh my, did it need an editor. Several wrong words; a couple of sentences just did not make sense; he could not drive north on I-30 -- N/S highways are odd numbered; he could not know his wife tried to call him when he had disconnected the house phone; and more....

If you submit any more stories, I hope you first take advantage of the free editor service here. It is a shame to spend so much time composing and not have the final results be worthy of the reader's time.

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
Good !

And well written, and original. That vaseline trick is real. Best revenge I have ever read !

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years agoAuthor
OK, I get it.....

About I-30: I have driven that stretch of I-35 countless times, and I usually get off on exit 31B in Ardmore to go to an El Chico Restaurant for a lunch, when I go to Norman. I will admit that I had a brain freeze on that one. The target place that the group was going in Arkansas was Lake Catherine State Park, which is up I-30 from Dallas. The story started out with John going directly to Lake Catherine, which is a 5 hour drive. I could not justify a 10 hour return trip, and I could not figure out a memory jogger, like walking down Johnny Bench Drive, which IS in Bricktown. So, the story changed to only a three hour drive to Bricktown, and I forgot to switch the interstate. My bad...

As for editing changes, I caught several as I re-read the story on Literotica. I really do need to set these stories aside, and come back and re-read them a week later. And THEN send them to an editor. There were additional things I noticed; like there were actually three (not two) additional boyfriends that John did not need to bring up in counseling.

As for the character John, he IS an bit anal retentive, and not that socially attuned. I assumed he was a bean counter, and he could have been more attached to that ball than his wife. This was important in that any normal guy would not make a trip back to re-position a ball, so John had to identify with objects more than humans. His lack of social skills would have made the drama with Brian Jennings feel completed in his mind. This actually made revenge more sweet to him, because he was able to see Carl's pride and joy go up in flames (the bar, not the penis), and that the damage was done by Carl's own arrogance.

As for the revenge fuck, that was put in there to win Ashley's heart, which I felt was as important as showing the character of John. Ashley found out that if John would not cheat on a five time cheating slut like Ellen, and the reason was that John thought that Ellen might have a compulsive disorder. To a submissive love slave like Ashley, someone caring that deeply would never let any love play go too far, and with that, she could trust him completely to live out her fantasies.

I am trying to write to the character flaws, and use them. This may make the character seem stupid at times, but it also should make them more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Perfect revenge

Your main character is a sooner with Pete Incaviglia, a Cowboy as your hero. Nice bit of truth in a fiction story.

I guess that being an apparently drunk frat boy would cause someone to not know that I-35 runs between OKC and Dallas/FTW. Didn't your character go home for the 4 years of college?

Perfect revenge........indirectly causing something to happen that causes lingering pain without being held responsible for it. Getting to watch it take place is just the icing on the cake.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Good One

He should have waited longer than a minute to give the ring back. Most of his point was lost. She did not have time to worry. It was over quickly. I have a very dim view of thieves. Whether it is a wife or a baseball. In this case I would be more concerned about the ball. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I liked it.

Nicely done. I liked the touch of him being faithful ending up attracting Ashley.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Another winner

This is another very good story. Well plotted - and I liked the baseball interlude. It's another example of how you create real characters. The vaseline trick is amazing and the wife's psychiatric problems are also intriguing. This is one of those cases where virtually anyone would go along with divorce and separation from a cheating wife because the cheating isn't a moral flaw, but a deep and probably incurable psychological flaw. You can live with a person who cheats for garden variety reasons, but when you step into the swamps of the human psyche, I dont know any man who could honestly stay with such a woman. It;s like a story by Slirpuff about a man married to a woman who becomes addicted to cocaine and eventually is dragged down into prostitution. The problem is that dealing with such a woman calls for more than love and probably more patience and forgiveness than any normal man could provide. I'm sorry for her because I think her problems stem from outside herself, but I'm glad the hero had a happy ending.

Zeb40Zeb40over 13 years ago
Great premise.

AS an avid collector of several things, I understand how this could happen. I know where all of my pieces are, and woe to whomever touches one without permission.

That said, I loved the accidental revenge. Carl must also suspect that John was wise to him when the items disappeared, but he had no way to prove it without admitting the original theft.

The only problem that I had was why John would take her back after the return of the engagement ring. The trust was broken, in my mind, and it would be long and hard to redeem it. Good story. Paul

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Another interesting tale.....

....out of Texas. Of course the idea he would be so naive is a stretch but the details were fun. It's a poor fisherman that blames his lures.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
A good fast moving and well planned out storyline.

Well written and a smooth flowing story. The whole concept of the story was interesting.

I glad the author didn't make him a wimp and his cheating wife and her lover got what they deserved.

A good read, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A damn good one!

Another winner today!

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Yes. A sharp mind for detail......... 1% disloyalty is no different than 100%

OH,

intense tale. One home run on one hit and no errors

thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

PS The Contract. Soon Please

cpetecpeteover 13 years ago

During Carls "weenie roast" his hands and also Ellens hands caught on fire due to having petrolum jelly on them-should Ellen also have had a bad case of "burning butthole" when her bum was exposed to the flames?-LOL!

Nice story, thanks for the fine read

knightshado2knightshado2over 13 years ago
Very Good Story

Loved it. Now this is directed to all, I know there are going to be negative comments. But to those of you who put down the Author of a story, with really bad negative comments, why don't you try writing a story and posting it on Literotica, remember these stories are fantasy, and are for your reading enjoyment. I know that Comments good or bad help the Author, but I have read some really bad negative comments that were aimed at the Author. Why I have no idea, because I enjoyed reading the story keeping in mind that its fantasy.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
You are too hard on yourself my friend.

You have written an interesting Novel length story(The Contract) And you have now written this story. You do write well and your stories always get us the readers talking, which is a good thing. Anyway I personally liked this story even with it's flaws, although I have no idea what an I-35 is? In the UK we call our three lane or four lane roads Motorways and then attach a number to it. (E.g M40) Anyway as I said to you in a private email. Carry on writing you are doing a good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I agree

I agree with AW, you made my short list very quickly. I enjoy your stories

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
I loved it!

Thank you for the time and effort to create such a good, well written story. I love it when the good guy wins.

studyingstudyingover 13 years ago
strong and weak

The build up was great -- acquiring the baseball, knowing the baseball, sneaking back. The disappointment came with the counselling. I think you got lazy and didn't provide any insight into the wife. Still gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great story but stay away from any romance pls

Your strength is in writing 'revenge' kind of story, but please try not to 'force' some kind of romantic ending for the lead male as your romance has no build up. It doesn't come off as being romantic at all. In fact it puts me off and I am a guy.

IMO, like a good revenge story which needs some good build up, a good romance also needs some good build up and until you can do both in a seamless way try not to do both in the same story.

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
Kept my interest .

But I'm neutral about it , I didnt love it or hate it . Keep on writing .

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 13 years ago
Nice Story

I really enjoyed it. There were quite a few spelling /typing errors that a read through would fix. Usually on the smaller words, like, "you" instead of "your", "if" and "of", "as" instead of "to". Just little stuff like you were typing too fast. Other than that I thought the story was very well written. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You need to research your neon facts

The part about the neon tubing being broken and

setting his hands and penis on fire is nothing but

fantasy. I've been working with neon for fifty years,

and for the last twenty years I have owned a

wholesale neon shop. Trust me, there is a lot more

chance of stepping on some broken glass and

injuring your feet than setting your hands on fire.

Those movies you have seen where someone hits a

baseball into a neon sign and sparks cascade from

the sign is pure bullshit dreamed up by the special

effects guys.

If you were stupid enough to not turn the power off

and managed to get your hands in the broken glass

and fished around and managed to grab one of the

secondary leads from the power supply and you were

grounded it would be possible to get a good jolt of

electricity. The stupidity factor would have to be

pretty high.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years agoAuthor
About catching on fire.

I do realise that most of the special effects in the movies are contrived. As far as the neon light setting Carl's hands on fire, it was indirect. The bottles of alcohol broke and perhaps five or six liters of 80+ proof alcohol washed over the neon lights. I did not test this out, so you may be correct.

This would my suggestion for the test.

1) Place a neon light flat inside a drawer. (simulates the bottom of the cabinet)

2) Take four bottles of 80+ proof alcohol and pour the contents onto the neon light.

3) Take two more bottle of 80+ proof alcohol and empty at least half of their contents onto the neon light.

4) Thrown the half empty bottles at the lights, and see if a spark sets the alcohol catches fire.

5) If you want to test the whole senario, smear petroleum based products over your body first. Be sloppy, and also get some alcohol on you too.

Once again, I did not test this, and I believe there is a possibility that the alcohol might catch on fire. I also recommend that no one actually perform the test, because it would be very dangerous, and could be lethal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nonono!

Pour gasoline on your dick. Break the neon tube.

Light the match.

Lord. Some fucking idiots question everything on this site. If the writer wants the fucking neon to burn, it can fucking BURN!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
your to kind

your to kind to write these types of stories, the woman fuck around on him from before they were married and you were willing to take her back if she told you the truth,but in the story you were as dumb as any person could be so how would you ever know if she was telling the truth.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Let that be a lesson for all, don't mess with a man's balls, lures, cards, or wife.

Still think you let Carl off too easy. A man that would steal a man's fishing lures should have his balls cut off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
You are not only old hideki but also senile !

How else could you produce crap like this ??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Don't be so harsh pleople

Don't be so harsh people. This is certainly a delightful story and I enjoyed reading it a lot. It's far above the average junk Literotica is full of!

TechRaiderTechRaideralmost 13 years ago
all you haters.... shut the fuck up!

this aint a bad story at all. plot is good and the story was written fairly well. not to mention it wasnt over run with lame sex scenes. that dont even make sense when you really think about it. like one story i read a while back said they was fucking doggie style then all of a sudden he is sucking her tits. that mother fucker has one long damn tongue. hell tongue like that would make gene simmons look like normal. lol. (for those that dont know the guys tongue is longer than an average flesh rocket) lol

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I could only rate it 4****s

Because I30 does not not north. I30 is east/west from Dallas to Little Rock. I35 go north passing through Dallas and Ok City. I don't downgrade stories over a few grammar and spelling errors because all but the very brightest make spelling and grammar errors. However, even a 10 year old can look a map.

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
Very nice

I recall I tried to read this story once before and I'm sad to say that the lead in prose turned me off. It went very detailed and didn't get into the story quickly. I'm not sure why I felt this way, because I didn't have a problem the second time.

It was an engaging read. It was reasonably well written. There was one missing word on the last page which jarred me enough to take me out of the story:

"John, I saw you take care of 22 idiots, when you were in a lot of pain. I had hoped you take me up when I offered a revenge fuck, and you didn't. This really pissed me off, but you did get <b>me</b> to stop thinking about that prick of a boyfriend I had." Missing word in bold. Don't know why that threw me off track but it was the only one I could detect.

I enjoyed exactly HOW he found out about the affair. It worked for me. I like clever discovery stories. It beats 'I drove in and...'

Here is a plot hole I thought about AS I was reading. Carl knew and liked this guy enough to let him know where his spare key was but he PUT HIS CRAP ON DISPLAY? For his wife to find? For HIM to find? For a guest who knew them both to find? How many times has that guy told the tedious story of the baseball. Not that I don't disbelieve that Carl could be like that. Just at how stupid that action was.

I originally thought that the baseball story was misplaced and filler but I've since changed my mind. It still seemed a bit misplaced but you needed to establish how well he knew things were precious to him. (that he never found his wife 'scuffed up' is a bit of a stretch, but...she has make up)

If she knew that about vaseline, she should have also known that vaseline isn't suggested for sex. But I'll forgive that. I don't know if KY is flammable and that would ding the story you wanted to write.

Overall, I enjoyed it very much.

IrfonIrfonover 12 years ago
Good Story

He should have thought it through when she went daft the first time they were engaged...

Enjoyed it - Thank You.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Is it good or bad the best part of this story was the father-son brush with greatness ?( Pete I. set strikeout records)

The whole story had zing and was a easy read albeit the wife's Jocasta complex was a little shaky but I'm nitpicking. As a lapsed baseball card collector , I probably enjoyed the peripheral memento subplot more then most. Now if you want a larger demographic to pick up on this change Pete I. to say Tony Dorset and watch your comments triple!

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Yodel ady hoo

Love your Nom du plumb

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
keep talking DWmoronic

someday you might say something intelligent

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
While I think the Story was to short for the can of worms you opened,

I still think it was a good one and sadly those bastards who abuse these little girls never realize what kind of prize these girls have to pay for it with their souls.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
nice and vengeful

but the new girl wanted to fuck all of the guys at the fishing trip so will she just do one of them now? you get a 5 on the switch around.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Good Story

The cheating wife had too many issues for any kind of reconcilliation. I'm glad he found someone else. Now in ch.2 he has to watch her because she was looking to get fucked royally herself. Hmmmm.

HA

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
JUST ADDS TO THE COMMERCIAL SLOGAN

baseball etc etc etc.......and ends with a car. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Liked it

I gave this story a 4 which for me means that it is a very good tale as I almost never give a 5. the hero took an inordinately time to discover the adultery maybe because he was "blind" with love. I doubt that because someone is in love does not mean they can't see the actions of someone cheating that they are living with, especially over a decade. The reason for his exwife's cheating was explained mostly and then the last bit was left up to the reader's imagination. I don't think the exwife's sexual abuse by her father was all that hard to figure out.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
So Carl learned the true meaning

Of a 'burning passion.' That bit was funny - but the rest of it had too many little errors to make it really enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I second the brilliant response, wow please keep writing

Great writing and story, thanks for this post.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Clever story

And even if he didn't have "proof" what he had was enough for any man to get rid of the slut. Now if he can just get Ashley to be a little less submissive he might have something that will last long term.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
yawn

After a meaningless drivel about childish mementos as the back story, we come to a blindingly egregious cheating scene with the wife babbling about all the hot buttons. Not erotic in the least (nor to be fair no attempt to be erotic).

How nice to dump a wife, and have immediately a willing woman pops up and marries him. Its like a game of whack a mole.

His offer to take her back was really hollow, and I don't think he or a reader with IQ above 60 believed him. Everybody adhered to stereotype.

Not a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
to clinical

there is no real passion in your cheating stories.....

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Superbly written tale of infidelity with a humorous slant.

Of course who could ignore the baseball, fishing lures and baseball cards in this story. It was emotional and hard hitting with a skank wife. The fact that his wife was sexually abused by her father took a proactive revenge out of the equation. Not many people would view punishment to a mentally unstable person. Eventhough there was humour and drama the artistry of human interest was laid out expertly. Definitely prepared thoughtfully with caring hands. Thank you OldHideki.

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
IMHO

The ending was a surprise and good. The rest of the story was just so-so.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
it seems all the players in this saga were damaged

the only humour was the scene with carl and the vaseline.

he was blind to her behaviour for years even though she started out going for a farewell f*^k while engaged.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

My second time through. Five stars. While not needed, this story had the kind of depth that would make for a quality sequel.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
storyline

very creative and different from the norm storyline. I almost fell out of my chair to the floor laughing over the "bar/fire" scene

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Okay,

that was pretty bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Okay

That was not bad.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
TEXANS AND OKIES

never had too much love for one another, TK U MLJ LV NV

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
NOT TO BAD

the only thing was he caught her having dinner with her ex boy.while they were engaged and still took her back. but even that wasnt to bad. it wasnt like he caught them in bed.

firemanlitfiremanlitover 9 years ago

The burning Vaseline and alcohol gave new meaning to the term, "Burn the Bitch!"

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Don't mess with my stuff!

I guess he never considered Ellen to be his; or he would have caught on sooner. Very clever story though.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
story

love the twist and turns in this story kept you thinking all the way through it. great story

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
Kind of a classic story

Did not know whether to feel sorry for the wife or not - she is clearly a sick person but it may not be her fault. Regardless, this is a very good story with a great ending.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

A bit of a twist in LW. Also a bit of OCD which clued in the cuckolded hubby. Enjoyed you story. Thanks! Cheers!

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
LY-ING IS SUPPOSEDLY IN ONES GENES

if that is the case this could use some more research. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
You have to ask?

"Did you ever have that feeling that something was wrong, but you couldn't figure out what it was?"

He then proceeds to answer his own question when he mentions he lives in a suburb of Dallas, TX. Yep, definately something wrong. EEEHA!

"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I would live in Hell and rent out Texas."- William T. Sherman

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
William Tecumseh Sherman

Was a serious mommy loving yankee asshole. Just saying.

Besides, I spent 3 tours in southeast Asia as a infantryman, that my friend is hell.

Texan by Choice!

jimbo103jimbo103over 8 years ago
i second Texan By choice sentiments...

W.T.Sherman is often wrongly mis-quoted for that statement.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THOSE GOOD OL' TEXAS BOYS

are not usually that magnanimous. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I would have given this a 5

if it wasn't for the fact that he already had another woman who loved him waiting in the wings. I know a lot of divorced men and only one who actually found a replacement wife so quickly. The rest went on for years with out finding someone.

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
It was a good story and the intrepid hero

did have big old balls. However, making the new girlfriend submissive sexually is just going to cause him problems down the line. I think that the wife was a submissive to a certain type of man and wouldn't stand a chance of rejecting that type. New girl seemed to be submissive to anyone and had actually planned on gang banging his fraternity brothers at the fishing/reunion. Not a good hook to hang your hat on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pretty sure

That submissive love slaves don't go out killing to spend the weekend getting fucked by lots of guys. Dumped one lying whore, for a second. Brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
If...

If you're driving from Dallas to OKC, you're on I-35, not I-30.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
his own fault

He catches his then fiancee in bar saying ''goodbye'' to ex-boyfriend and does everything right until she catches him at door. Instead of keeping on going and letting her suffer the consequences for a few weeks or months, she says she wants only him and he immediately proposes again...

So her psycho problems aside, he has no one to blame but himself...not to mention she cheated for entirety of 4 year marriage, for a guy who is so acute...at least he goes on and on about the baseball implying no one could get one over on him...ah pride before the fall

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
never could catch my to be and then my wife

if there was any connections with her old boyfriend... she keeps me shielded from her old friends. but after all the years I still keep an eye on her 5

KRD19254KRD19254over 6 years ago

He deserves the grief he got... He took the ring back for a reason and then caved - he saw her cheating and should have had the resolve to continue walking and not drop to a knee to get slapped again years later. He deserved the grief as he knew better.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 6 years ago
Out Of The Frying Pan ...

Old Hideki

First ... neon is a noble or inert element. It does not explode, support flame (if anything, its presence reduces the percentage of oxygen in the area, thus reducing the likelihood of flame. So much for the Frying Pan, previously debunked.

Second, 80 proof spirits do NOT catch fire. Water is the majority of the other 60 percent. (Just verified that with a half-jigger of Herradura Añejo Tequila and a match.). Neither would 100 proof. Restaurants who flame dishes use 150 proof brandy or rum, or sometimes Everclear, about 90 percent ethanol. So technically, I guess you went to the No Fire.

Despite the I-30 goof (and it certainly goes North, but MORE East, hence ‘even number’, for which your overlook-apology makes sense and is accepted.) I LOVED this tale. Perhaps if you simply had Bull Carl generate sufficient anal friction from Tight Sweetie to combust?

Remaining quibble ... the trophy ball upon Hubby’s official return. Bull Carl was in the hospital. Sweetie had burns on her hands and had to be seriously worried. Would she have a) noticed the ball position, or b) turned it back to honor P.I. She was almost certainly unaware of her future baby-daddy’s purloining Hubby’s prizes. It would put ‘suspicions of strange men in their house’ high on Hubby’s radar. Sweetie and her Bull were expecting Hubby to be the Cuckoo’s Victim through his bastard children’s college expenses, so it was Bull’s stupid arrogance to compromise that.

Fives times a Lone Star.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 6 years ago
PS

You CAN ignite the alcohol VAPOR as it is coming off a spirit being heated to that vaporization point (about 80 Fahrenheit for 80 proof). Unlikely BC’s house was that warm, and the flame would be very unlikely to maintain, especially if being moved (like broken bottles of spirits.)

But it makes a delicious payoff for a homewrecker.. A dish served cold (insofar as Hubby’s presence was concerned.)

PPS. Pity Hubby did not, in counseling, ask if Sweetie was having her Bull use contraception, since the couple had been considering parenthood. The overheard bedroom conversation indicated that Sweetie was NOT on birth control.

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
There are more ways to find out your wife's cheating...

...you've discovered the previously unknown "moved baseball method."

I'm surprised that you didn't go the someone messing with my stuff applied to the wife.

Enough with the flash points and ignition temps carping - suspend disbelief - it's a STORY!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Fun

yarn. Of course he deserved it all for taking her back after the Brian date before they were married. It's called paying stupid tax.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Science

Again amazed that so many commenters pick apart the writer's science in a porn site , fiction story. People who accept that all white wives have 44DD chests and lose their minds over black boys with 13 inch cocks. All white men are wimps that willingly give their wives to superior bulls. Commenters get upset if anyone dares to dispute these "facts". But instead they concern themselves with the flash point of alcohol. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
good story

it's just a shame therapy as a whole is only female-centered. it's about feelings and hashing over feelings, re-living feelings, and constant talking. but that rarely helps men. the very very few and brave therapists that experimented with male-centered therapy sessions had ridiculously better results. i mean, across all metrics you can think of. but it was clever that the husband used that feelings crap against the wife. compulsive therapy for couples is such an invasion of basic human dignity and rights.

that ex-wife was a basket case, but also an adult basket case. she's responsible for every decision made.she should be grateful her now ex husband addressed the root of her sickness and left her nice and early. she still has...what....five years to sucker some poor man into having her broken offspring. she's not cat lady material yet....yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
OPA!

Enjoyed this story as much as the first two LW stories I’ve read. Again, you gave the reader something new to consider from a cheating spouse.

For all those who are worried about the flashpoint of vapors from a spilled alcoholic drink I recommend they go to a good Greek restaurant, oh that’s right they’re all good, and order saganaki as an appetizer.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Big mistake!

This isn't complicated. Engaged women do not go out on last dates. They take their fiancee along and introduce them to the old flame. If there is any question about romance, they should not want to go. Wanting to go is the clearest indication that she isn't ready for marriage.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 5 years ago
I was in Dallas on business...

...and upon reaching the hotel room, immediately called the park to find out when Nolan was pitching. The Astro's had stupidly allowed Mr. Ryan to sign with the Rangers; still a sore point with many fans in Houston. I sat in the outfield bleachers, cooking in the sun, just to watch a future hall-of-famer throw the ball. He lasted until the 7th, if memory serves; those were the days where he was having problems with his lower back. Good memories.

Sounds like John is trading a cheating wife for someone with the potential to do the same thing. Maybe he's looking for love in all the wrong places?

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
TEXAS.....BASEBALL.....YOUNG KIDS.....THE RYAN EXPRESS

if you add football you have the Texas family history evolved. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
how did a 20 something who claimed she wasnt a slut

have 22 kid

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
it was inevitable

I agree with those that pointed out he got what he deserved. There was no reason to ask her to marry him again. To ask her to marry him again is silly, to do it the same evening he caught her cheating without any reason to think things would improve is crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The guy proved what a fucking GOOF he is when he asked her to marry him again.

He's engaged to marry the bitch... and accidentally finds out that she's sneaked out on a date with her 'old boy friend'... goes where they are and SEES her kissing him passionately. Someone in that restaurant should have picked up a very heavy chair and broke it over his head when he got down on his knee to ask her to marry him again.

How did THAT dumb fuck get to be as intelligent, intuitive and clever as the guy we were just reading about? .... hmmm This one should have been listed under Fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Big mistake

I30 goes east and west not north and south, and I35 goes into Oklahoma city not I30. I30 does not go into Oklahoma at all.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Who cares

Who cares about a few mistakes when the story is good. This puts most of what is posted recently to shame.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOldHideki@OldHideki
424 Followers
Just wanting to strengthen my writing skills.

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories