Memories

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

+++++++++

It was just after noon on Sunday when Carol pulled up in front of Kevin's home to drop him off after church and the brunch they had enjoyed at the IHOP. Chrissy was busy holding Kevin's attention with a conversation about animals, and he didn't notice that he had people waiting for his return until Carol said; "It looks like someone is standing at your front door."

Kevin looked around and said, "That's my ex in-laws. I wonder what they want. I guess I had better go see."

Chrissy quickly took back his attention when she said, "Don't forget to take me to the zoo." She seemed concerned his unexpected company would somehow interfere with their plans for the afternoon.

"I won't forget, Chrissy. You come back to get me after you change your clothes, and I'll take you to the zoo. I promise." He smiled at the girl and her mother before getting out of the car. He stood there and waved goodbye to both of them as they drove away before he turned to his visitors and said, "What brings you folks here on such a nice Sunday afternoon?"

Keri's mother Nancy spoke first and said, "We need to talk to you. It's really important." It was obvious from the look on her face that she was upset.

"Sure. I'm going out around two o'clock, but we can go in and have a cup of coffee and talk if you like."

They went in and joined Kevin in the kitchen, where he began setting up a pot of coffee while they sat at the table and Nancy Kane began to speak.

"Keri's in an awful way, Kevin. Ever since your visit they've had to keep sedating her. As soon as the drugs wear off and she becomes lucid she gets hysterical."

"What's causing that, and what does it have to do with me?"

"Well, when we asked you to meet us there on Friday, we intended that you would have a meeting with her neurologist first. We wanted him to explain to you what her condition is."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. What would be the difference though? I hardly said anything to her as it was."

Nancy began to sniffle, and her husband took her hand before she continued, "The problem is you told her about her affair and the divorce. We wanted to try to avoid that until she was a bit stronger."

Kevin was puzzled now and quickly asked, "Why wouldn't I mention her affair and the divorce? Surely she didn't expect me to forget all about it now that Trey is dead. She doesn't get to have me back by default just because he's no longer in the picture." Kevin was beginning to get a little bit upset at the implied suggestion.

Joseph picked up the conversation now as he said, "Keri had a severe brain injury and almost died. There was physical damage to a part of her temporal lobe, and it's possible that other areas may have been affected by the swelling. Her doctor has explained to us that she is suffering from Retrograde Amnesia."

"Amnesia? How can that be? She recognized me right away. I assume she recognizes the two of you."

"It's not a problem of her having lost all of her memory. The trouble is that she has lost almost everything from the last year and a half or so, as well as scattered memories from earlier. When she came to the doctors did a lot of tests, and she has major gaps in the memories from her recent past. She thinks that the two of you just recently got back from Cancun." Kevin had been pouring the 3 cups of coffee while Joseph spoke, and Joseph stopped to take a sip from his cup. "They think that she may eventually remember a lot more from the missing sections of her memory, but they don't know when or how much will come back to her. It's like she's the main character in the movie 'The Bourne Identity'."

"So you're saying she doesn't remember the divorce, or even the affair she had? I guess I could've lied to her, but eventually I would have had to tell her the truth. Like I said, she doesn't get a free pass just because Trey is dead."

Joseph was anxious to continue and said, "We aren't supposed to tell her lies. If we do she could form memories that aren't in fact true. The doctor explained that we have to tell her the truth so that what memories are still there can be reconnected. Her mind will fill in the blanks where things are missing, and if we tell her something that is completely untrue her mind could incorporate that as a false recovered memory."

Kevin was confused and said, "Then we're right back where things started. You're saying that I had to tell her about the affair and the divorce."

"Not completely. The doctor suggested that in situations like this that we not lie; we should just skirt around the truth. He wanted us to start to give her little pieces of information so that she could complete the puzzle correctly. You sort of overloaded her with information. The doctor thinks that some of it may have brought back memories of the affair and divorce, but we don't know yet how much of that happened."

Nancy Kane had regained her composure and said, "Emotionally she is not very strong yet, either. The news you gave her upset her greatly. They're going to start giving her a different drug, and they hope that we can start talking to her about things again very soon."

The conversation was starting to make Kevin feel a little badly for what he had said. "I'm sorry if I made things worse. I didn't realize the situation she was in."

"That's OK Kevin, we're hoping that maybe you can help us out with her by assisting in bringing back some of her lost memories. We'd like to borrow all of your photo albums, as the doctors say that pictures can trigger memories that would help her reconnect to some of the lost ones. Anything else that you have that might help her remember would be good too."

With the mention of the photo albums Kevin got up and walked to the kitchen sink, where he stood looking out the window. "I can't help you with the albums. They're gone."

Nancy looked confused and said, "What do you mean, they're gone."

"I mean they're gone. They went out with my trash months ago." He turned and started walking down the hall as he said, "I'll be able to explain that if I print out an email message for you." He was gone for a couple of minutes during which time Keri's parents comforted each other. When he returned Kevin had a printed piece of paper that he showed the older couple.

"Months ago I removed all of the photos from our albums that I wanted to keep. A few days after that I sent the following message to Keri's office email."

"I have taken out all of the pictures I want from our albums. Everything that is left is here in a box for you so that you can do the same. Let me know if you would like to have it sent there or to the condo."

"This is the answer that I got back from her."

"Do whatever you would like with them. I have no interest in any of it."

"I kept them for a few weeks after that, but eventually I decided that if she didn't want them, and I didn't either, then I may as well put them out with the trash. That's what I did. I'm sorry."

There was a look of shock and horror on Joseph and Nancy's faces. They didn't have anything to say, and as he thought about the situation Kevin added, "There are a few other things I can give you besides that message. I'll go get them. It could take me about 15 minutes, so just help yourselves to more coffee."

Kevin returned to the computer room and it was all of 15 minutes before he returned. He had a sheaf of papers and a boxed CD in his hands when he sat back down at the kitchen table.

"I've printed out the entire group of emails that were the means I used to find out about the affair. Perhaps if Keri reads them they will bring back some of her memory about that subject." He placed the stack in front of Nancy who reached out to pick them up and begin reading them. Kevin immediately took them from her hand and said, "There are some very explicit passages in a couple of these emails. I'm not sure that you should read them because I know the effect they had on me, but consider yourself warned if you do decide to read them yourself."

He added copies of all of the legal letters that had been sent to him, including the warning letter after his visit to the Crosby and Knox office. The final item was a CD on which he had marked Cancun. He handed it to them and said, "These pictures were on the computer, and are all that I have left of our time together. I have to warn you about these as well. Keri and I visited a nude beach while we were there, and these pictures were all taken there. Actually there is one picture in which we are clothed and sitting on lounges on a beach. Keri should probably watch the rest of them on her own."

Keri's mother stacked the papers and CD in front of her. Kevin thought as he looked at it that it was an awfully small pile to sum up their marriage. He hoped it would be of some help to Keri.

They sat in silence for a few seconds before Nancy said, "I don't imagine you would want to come up and see Keri; to come and talk with her about everything that happened between you two."

Kevin thought for just a moment before he replied, "I don't think so, at least not right now. If she wants to talk to me after she reads all of this and understands what she did to our marriage, give me a call, and I may consider it."

"I guess it's impossible for you to consider the possibility of trying to start over with her," said her father, a hopeful look on his face.

"I could never do that, I'm afraid. I spent all these months working to get away from my feelings for her, and I can't take the chance that she could turn around and do this all to me again. She chose Trey's wealth and social standing over me, and I could never give her the opportunity to do that to me a second time. It was something in her nature that allowed her to do that, and I can't believe that a blow on the head would change that feature of her personality. Even if I could believe it's possible I simply won't take the chance."

Joseph and Nancy agreed they could understand his feelings on the subject. They did thank him for the offer to speak with Keri at a later date, if she so chose. The three of them were walking out the front door, exchanging goodbyes, when Carol and her daughter came up the front walk. Chrissy immediately told the older couple, "We're going to the zoo. We're going to see the elephants."

The Kanes gave the mother and daughter a quick greeting and a quicker appraisal before getting into their car and driving away. After apologizing for not being ready, Kevin invited Carol and Chrissy inside to wait while he changed. He was ready in only a couple of minutes and the happy trio was soon on their way to the zoo.

+++++++++++++

Another month had passed and Kevin was happier than ever. He been out with Carol and Chrissy at least once every week and although he and Carol had progressed to some pretty hot make out sessions on her couch, they had not been able to find the opportunity to make their relationship a sexual one. Chrissy had managed to put a stop to the idea several times through no intent of her own. Her inability to sleep when he was in the apartment was beginning to frustrate Kevin. It must have been frustrating Carol too, as she suggested she would get a sitter for their next date. This was the day, and Kevin was really looking forward to it.

They had made plans to see a movie and stop at a popular bar for a bit of dancing, and Carol's mother had agreed to come over to watch Chrissy. It was a happy couple that drove away from Carol's apartment that evening. It was the first time just the two of them had been able to get together.

The movie and dancing went really well, and at midnight Kevin suggested that they stop at his home for a cup of coffee, since they were in the neighborhood. Carol was grinning when she agreed to the stop, but warned him that she couldn't expect her mother to stay very late.

When they got in the door Kevin said, "If you would prefer some wine instead of coffee, I have a few bottles in the basement." When Carol agreed that it sounded like a good idea he quickly got a bottle for them to sample.

They had been sipping the wine and dancing to some of his large CD collection for about a half an hour when Kevin led her back to the couch in his living room. After a couple of most enjoyable kisses he broke from her arms and picked up his cell phone.

"Now what are you doing," asked Carol, a smile on her face. "I was really beginning to enjoy that."

Kevin held his finger to her lips and said, "Just give me a minute. I want to speak with your sitter."

Carol was shocked and tried to grab the phone as she said, "Don't bother my mother! What are you calling her for?" She was alternating between confusion and laughter as she unsuccessfully tried to reach his cell phone.

The call was answered quickly and Carol quit struggling for the phone as she heard Kevin say, "It's Kevin calling. Everything is fine, but I wanted to ask you something Mrs. Smithers..... Okay then, Marianne. I wanted to ask if you're anxious to get home. I was hoping that perhaps Carol could stay out a little later.... I see.... OK... That sounds great...." There was a much longer interval without conversation; almost a full minute, before Kevin said, "I really like how you think, Marianne. Yes, I'll tell her exactly what you've told me. She won't have to do the sheets though; I'll handle that." There was another shorter pause before Kevin continued, "We'll see you then. Did I say how much I like the way you think?... Goodbye, Marianne." Kevin was laughing as he ended the call, while Carol looked at him in confusion.

"What the heck was that all about, Kevin?"

Kevin had another very good laugh before he said, "I'll tell you exactly what we talked about. I think I'm going to really like your mother; not that I didn't like her before. She and I always got along great when you and I were dating in high school." He paused and chuckled some more.

"So tell me, Kevin. What did she say?" Carol was confused and clearly at a loss to understand Kevin's phone call.

"Well, your stepfather, Gary, has joined her at your apartment. Chrissy is fine and is sound asleep, and your mother and Gary have been doing much the same there as we have just been doing on the sofa here. She tells me that he had a doctor's appointment today and came over to your apartment to let her know that he now has a prescription for some little blue pills." Kevin had another little laugh before he continued, "You're mother insists that you stay here tonight, because they are going to be sleeping in your bed. Well, that's not quite the way she put it. She told me they don't have their pajamas, so they'll have to sleep naked in your bed. She said that if those little blue pills really work she's hoping that she'll have to change your sheets in the morning because of the wet spots." He started laughing again.

Carol had a look of absolute shock on her face as she said, "My mother would never say something like that. What are you trying to put over on me?"

Kevin laughed once more before he said, "I forgot to mention; they have been enjoying that bottle of wine you had in the cupboard, and I think Gary got you're mother a little tipsy. She said she thinks we're good together, and you need to get past your memories of Frank. She wants you to stay here with me, and because you don't have your pajamas with you she's hoping that I'll have some spots on my sheets in the morning. She told me to tell you to be sure to change them when you get up, but I told her I would happily take care of that." He stopped talking and was smiling as he leaned over to give Carol a kiss.

She was very red-faced and when she broke the kiss she said, "I can hardly believe that she would say that; my own mother." She looked Kevin in the eyes, trying to answer a question with whatever it was she saw there, before closing her eyes and moving forward to begin a very sensual kiss with him. Within seconds their tongues were dueling and they had leaned back into the cushions of the sofa. Kevin's left hand started on the side of her head, caressing her ear and neck, but within seconds it began a downward journey ending at her right breast where his caresses soon brought her thick nipple to attention. Their kiss continued, getting more sensual with each passing second. His right hand had joined the action and now his hands were roaming freely over her clothing, giving a lot of attention to her soft breasts with their very hard nipples and eliciting low moans from Carol.

Carol's hands where beginning to get active as well. Her left hand was behind Kevin's head, holding him to her so tightly that he couldn't have escaped her lips if he had had any desire to try. Her right hand had started by sensually caressing his chest and finally moved down to his waist so that she could slip her hand under his T-shirt. Once her hand was able to roam the bare skin of his chest she became even more anxious to devour him.

They kept up their mutual explorations until their combined temperatures had risen to the critical level. Carol finally released his head and broke their kiss to say, "I don't know about you, but I'm ready to carry this relationship to the next level. I trust you, and you're the only man besides Frank who's ever been able to get me feeling the way I do now. If you're ready I'd like to see if we can mess your sheets up a bit."

"If I'm ready?....." Kevin released her breasts and stood up beside the sofa, extending both hands to her. When she put her hands in his he gently pulled her to her feet and then turned to lead her from the living room and down the hall to his bedroom. A flick of his wrist turned on the two bedroom lamps, and a quick adjustment to the dimmer switch left the room dimly lit. Neither of them said anything as he flipped the blanket and top sheet from the bed. When that was done he turned and took her into his arms and they resumed their deep kiss. As they stood there enjoying the kiss and the interaction of their tongues, each of them started disrobing the other, breaking their kiss only when it was necessary to shed an item of clothing.

As each of them exposed a new area of the other their hands explored the newly bared skin. It took them almost five minutes to completely strip each other, and they now stood there, each kneading the other's bare ass as they kissed. Carol was the first to move her hands between them as she reached for and found his erection where it was pressed into her lower stomach. When she did that Kevin stepped back a bit and moved his hands to her breasts and began pinching and pulling at her hard nipples.

Carol began stroking his cock and this prompted Kevin to move his left hand down to her pussy and start running his middle finger along her wet slit and up and over her clit. She began moaning into his mouth and then quickly broke their kiss to say, "I hope you aren't going to do the same thing you did to me last time; do you remember that?"

Kevin got a bit red in the face and said, "I was just thinking of that, hoping that you wouldn't remember. I was so embarrassed that I could hardly face you. I was praying you wouldn't tell anybody at school about it." He had begun slipping his finger into her and then carrying the hot liquid up to her clit where he would circle it a couple of times before beginning another round-trip. She was beginning to react to his ministrations by humping herself on his finger every time he entered her and moaning louder every time he circled her clit.

Carol kept stroking him slowly as she said, "I couldn't believe it when you came all over my hand after about four strokes. It took me weeks to get the nerve to do that for you and then that happened." The two of them were each stroking the other's sensitive zone with noticeable effect as they had been talking. Carol was giggling now, and Kevin started laughing with her. He moved his hands up to her shoulders and started walking her back to the side of the bed as he said, "I don't want to take any chances. I want to come inside of you this time."