Memories

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

+++++++++++++++

Two years passed quickly for Kevin and Carol. Their two sons, Frank and Kevin Jr., had been joined by a younger sister for Chrissy. They named their daughter Marianne, after her grandmother. They were beginning to find their home a little small for their growing family, and had already been talking about whether they should add an extension to the house, or buy a larger one. They hadn't made a decision yet as they figured they had maybe another year before they would be forced to make up their minds.

It was a quiet Friday night when the phone rang and Carol answered it. In a moment she called Kevin to the phone. When he took it he was surprised to hear that the caller was Joseph Kane.

"I had to call you Kevin so that you won't find out from the newspaper tomorrow. Keri's dead; Robert found her when he went to visit her today. Apparently she died sometime yesterday."

The news caught Kevin by surprise, and he felt a momentary loss of control. His reaction was sufficient to let Carol know that something was wrong, and she stepped forward to take his arm in her hands. Her reassuring touch and look of concern brought him back to the present; happily at home with Carol and their children. His short term reaction had been induced by a flashback to long forgotten memories of Keri, memories that he knew could never be fully erased. He gave Carol a brief reassuring smile before saying, "I'm so sorry to hear that, Joseph. I'd like to offer you and Nancy and Robert my sincere condolences. Do you have any idea what happened to her?"

Joseph hesitated before answering, "I'm...I'm afraid she took her own life...with some pills. She left a note for her mother and I, but it's mostly personal stuff for us only. She did want us to tell you that she never stopped loving you. Apparently she tried, but found it impossible to get over her memories of you. She also wanted you to know this isn't all about you; she also had ongoing health issues, both physical and mental, and they played a part in this as well."

"I didn't know she was having so many problems. I haven't spoken to her since that day I came to your house to see her. I'm really sorry to hear something like this has happened. If there's anything I can do for you or Nancy please let me know."

The two of them exchanged a few more of the expected phrases before the call ended. A few days later Kevin and Carol attended a memorial service for Keri at which they were able to extend their personal condolences to her family. Only her friend Ann, the receptionist, attended from Crosby and Knox.

EPILOG

A few months later Kevin found out that he was the heir to half a million dollars from Keri's estate; the majority of her estate went to her parents and brother. Kevin and Carol discussed at length whether they should keep it, as Kevin was worried it would constantly inject memories of Keri into their lives. In the end they did keep it and set up four trust funds for their children's education; the balance was used towards the purchase of their new and larger home. They found that they did remember Keri and her generosity often, but it caused them no problems.