Mid-Life in Crisis: Amy's Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How did that harlot seduce you? She must have the impure sprit of a succubus inside her. I will not allow it in my house. Get thee behind me Satan." God, my father can be a posturing pain in the ass.

"She isn't a harlot! She, like your daughter, is still a virgin. She didn't seduce me. As a matter of fact, she refused to do anything unacceptable. God forbid, she acts like the men you've shoved at me. At least she can tell you the color of my eyes. She talks to me not my tits." I shoved them up into his face.

"You shall not profane me in my household." He shouted.

"Oh, so now I'm supposed to break God's Commandments and start lying to you, myself and God? Jesus forgave the prostitute, but I'll burn in Hell for loving a woman? That doesn't sound like the loving God you've preached to me all my life."

"Don't you dare twist the scriptures against me. God has made it plain what is to happen to those who sleep with the same flesh."

"No father, he hasn't. As a matter of record, there in no, 'Thou shall not be homosexual' commandment in there. I obey God's law. I live the great commission. I have also fallen in love with a woman."

"You have been deceived!" Damn he is stubborn.

"No...! Let me tell you about the men in my life. There was Peter. You said he was unacceptable because his mother cheated on her husband and their house was washed in sin. Then there was David. All he would do was look at my chest and drool. He made me sick to my stomach. What did he end up doing? It didn't take him long to get her pregnant. Then there were the two guys who tried to rape me. Oh, that's right I had to do something to incite their lust." I waved him off when he tried to say something.

"Then there is Amy. She makes me feel wanted, important, and cared for. She never did anything that I didn't like or want. She saved me from being raped and held me when the night terrors came. She is God's answer to all my prayers. She was there every time I need God's comfort. She would never try and force me into sex or sin. Men are zero for three. Amy is all anyone could wish for. I'm sorry father, but I love her and I can't help it." I was out of breath when I finished.

"Leave this house. You will not profane what is mine with your blasphemy. You can only come back when you are willing to bow to the dictates of this house and have achieved absolution. I will not have this Sin in my home. You are dead to me until you come to your senses." He preached at me, looking at me like I was a snake to be killed.

"That is about what I thought. How conveniently you forget 'love the sinner and hate the sin' you spout in church. I haven't sinned, yet you hate me for being honest with my father and minister. So be it. I'm out of here." Yes, I had the forethought of packing my stuff before I had the conversation with my parents.

"Wait... we are being hasty. Let me talk to her." My mother finally found her voice. She looked panicked for some reason.

"No mom, he has spoken and I have heard. He has already pronounced his judgment. You have my cell phone number. Since I pay for it, it won't change. I have a scholarship for school and I'll make arrangements for transferring my savings to a bank close to me. I love you both but I will follow my heart on this."

"Joyce, let her go. As long as she is far enough away to avoid the scandal I will allow her to have the money. We'll just say she is away at school to those who ask." He actually turned his back on me.

"Allow... you'll allow. It's my money. I earned it!" I would have gone off on him but my mother intervened.

"We will discuss this later. I will take Elspeth where she needs to go." She stepped between my father and I.

"She knows the rules. She can come back when she is willing to live by them. I told you we should have never let her go to that secular thing. You see now that I was right." Having had is final say, my father stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

My mom turned on me. "Why didn't you talk to me about this?" I could hear the anger and betrayal in her voice.

"Because you would've gone straight to father with it. I needed to make up my own mind about this first. Honestly mom, think back less than an hour ago. How did you respond when I did? Do you know it makes me physically ill to look at a male's organ and think about being intimate with him? Remember the time David brought me home early from the movies? I gagged and threw up because he kissed me. I fibbed and told him I had an upset stomach. I repented for that lie for a month. It was him kissing me that made me sick to my stomach."

"Have you had sex with this woman?" My mother looked at me strangely.

"No, we haven't made love yet. She wants to wait for the commitment before we take that step. Yes, I have kissed her and no it didn't make me sick." I shut up before I said too much.

"Go get your stuff. I'll take you to wherever you need to go. I hope you have thought of the ramifications of all this." She got up and walked out of the room.

"I have thought of nothing else for over a month." She paused at the door and left quietly. I noticed her shoulders droop, but there was nothing else I could say.

The silence lasted until mom had to make her first turn. "Where am I taking you?"

"To the airport. I'll send you money for the rest of my stuff. I'll just go to the school early." The silence fell thickly as she drove. I think neither one of us knew what to say that hadn't already been said.

When she dropped me off, she told me. "Call me when you can. I don't agree with your decision, but I am still your mother and I love you." I saw the tears in her eyes and wished it didn't have to be this way.

"I'll call when I know father is busy, that way it can keep the peace." I kissed her cheek again and lugged my bag into the double glass doors.

Four hours later, I thought that my world had collapsed when I drove the rental car to the address Amy had given me.

************************************

"What's wrong sweetheart?" My mom asked as I cried hysterically between her and Karney.

"I love her and I lost her." I blubbered like an idiot.

"What... who?" Karney asked. "Let's take her home and calm her down." She told my mother, while she broke off and went after my bags. I don't remember much of the ride home. I had been holding it in so long it all just came gushing out.

Karney gave me a strong drink and sat me in her favorite overstuffed chair. "Okay sweetheart, take your time and tell us what's going on." She pulled mom onto her lap so they could listen.

"I met this perfect person while I was there." I started to explain all about Elspeth.

"This would that Elizabeth you've been prattling about?" My mom asked concerned.

"Elspeth... her name is Elspeth." I corrected her automatically.

"Yeah, her... What did she do?" Karney waved off the mistake.

"Nothing.... Her parents are like overly conservative Christians and she's, she's..." I started to cry again.

"Oh shit. She isn't into girls and broke your heart." Mom said with sympathy.

"No, but I had to let her go. It's the hardest thing I've ever done. I didn't even give her a proper goodbye, so I wouldn't be tempted into trying to seduce her." The tears were flowing and the tissue box was empty.

"Like mother like daughter." Karney sighed. "So, how serious is this?" She asked after handing me a towel to wipe my face with.

"I'd marry her if I could. She's the one, if she'll have me. I love her that much. I just don't know if she can get over the thing with her parents. I don't want to be the reason she... they kick her out."

"Have you had sex with her?" My mom asked looking at me.

"No... not until we were sure this is the real thing." I shrugged impotently.

"Yep, that apple didn't fall far from the tree. This sounds so familiar for some reason." She smiled and kissed my mom soundly.

"Stop it..." She smiled at her lover. "Our baby is in pain. We have to fix this."

"Nope, she just finally found someone who is worth it. She'll be okay now she let it all out. If this Elspeth loves her as much as Amy does, we'll be getting to know her sooner than later. Now my little chickadee, tell me about the school thing." How I love Karney. She knows exactly what to say and when to say it.

We planned a big BBQ for the weekend, so all my bothers could be there, even the little ones. Oh, I didn't have that big of a head, Ryan finally got the nerve to ask Linda to marry him and she said yes!

This meant it was time to go SHOPPING! I had to shop for the things the school said I needed to bring, for a new dress for Ryan's engagement party, new shoes of course, and I even found this cute necklace that came in two pieces. I'm sorry; I just had to get it, just in case you know.

Saturday afternoon, I was on pins and needles. Elspeth had texted me, telling me that she might have a surprise coming for me. Karney wanted me to help unloading the stuff for the BBQ and I was sitting on the porch waiting for the mail person to show up.

"Get off your lazy butt and grab some stuff daughter dear." Karney ordered.

"I'll show you a lazy butt." I flipped around and mooned her.

"Oh, that's a way to show your ass to the world. Get over here before I have to do something drastic." She picked up two large bags and started walking toward me.

Laughing, I tried to dodge past her, but she was too quick for me. Dropping her bags, she grabbed me by the waist, while kissing my neck and spinning me around. In the first lap, I saw a car at the end of the drive. On the second, I saw the pain in Elspeth's face.

"Put me down... that's Elspeth... Put me down Karney." I struggled out of her strong arms and ran to the car. "Elspeth... you're here." I screamed as I ran to the driver's door. I prayed she didn't see me playing with Karney and get the wrong idea.

She looked at me as tears started to flow. "Who is that?" She asked keeping her door locked.

"Open up sweetheart... please." I begged. I thought it was a lifetime until she pushed the button to unlock the door. I swore she was half tempted to put the car back in drive and leave. As soon as the lock popped up, I swung the door open and threw myself at her.

"OH, love; I missed you...!" I started kissing every inch of her face and neck. "That's my step-mom you silly goose." I said in between kisses.

"Oh, I saw her kiss you and... I thought." She sniffed.

"Come on, come meet her. She's going to love you." Karney stood there watching us with her hand over her eyes, keeping the sun out. "Karney... Karney, this is Elspeth." I all but pulled my lover behind me to meet one of my moms.

"Don't pull her arm off. I'm sure she can walk if you let her." Karney scolded me. "Hi, it's nice to meet you." She offered her hand to the trembling Elspeth.

"What are you doing here?" I asked refusing to let her hand go.

"My father kicked me out when I told them about you." She said looking at Karney. "He can't accept that I've fallen in love with another woman. Mother might come around, but that is up to her. I wanted to surprise you." She said and sighed as she leaned against me.

"Welcome to our home." Karney hugged the startled girl. "Amy will show you where you can put your stuff. You're just in time for the celebration. Looks like we have more to celebrate." No one can refuse Karney's natural warmth, Elspeth wasn't an exception.

"Thank you." She started to say when my mom came out.

"You guys going to take all day to get that stuff into the... oh, hello. Who is this?" I know she knew who it was by the expression on my face.

"Stella, I like to introduce you to our daughter's lover, Elspeth. She came to surprise Amy." Karney smiled at the look on Elspeth's face.

"Hi Sweetie, Amy told us about you. Welcome...." She looked at me. "I'll help Karney while you show her where she can rest for a bit. She looks like she's exhausted." She hugged Elspeth and pushed me toward the house.

"Mom, the keys are still in her car, could you park it for her." I asked as I escorted Elspeth into my home. I didn't have to see the wave from my mom as Karney started to tell her how she had almost bolted.

"Your parents are nice." She looked confused as to what to call them.

"Call out mom, and they'll both answer. Karney is my step-mom, but it can get a bit confusing. I can only tolerate my other step-mom. She has her head so far up my dad's butt all she can see is crap." I laughed at my own joke. "Come on sweetheart, I'll show you our room until we go to school." I took her upstairs.

"This is a nice house." She said looking around.

"Yeah, I like it, but unfortunately, most of my stuff has been put up in the attic for school. Sorry if the room is a bit bare." I didn't stop at the door. I pulled her down onto my bed and hugged her, breathing in her scent.

"Amy, the door is open." She said afraid.

"So, we're dressed. I'm sure my noisy brothers will come up here as soon as they hear. You'll get to meet Linda, my future sister-in-law. You picked a doozy of a day to show up honey." I kissed her nose. As soon as I did that, Bryan stuck his head in.

"Mom said that it might be better for everyone to meet your girlfriend before you two take a nap." He smiled at Elspeth. "Hi, I'm Bryan, the smart brother. You'll meet Ryan, the doofus, in a little bit."

I held her tight as she tried to pull away. "Well be down in a few minutes. Please close the door on the way out."

"Okay sis." He gave me the thumbs up sign.

I sat up and held her hand. "I know this is going to take some getting used to. But, my family accepts me for who and what I am. They'll accept you too, if you give them a chance. I love you and they already know it. They've been waiting to meet you."

"I thought you lied to me when I pulled up. Your sep-mom looks so good. She's very pretty." She said looking at me.

"If you're into the hard body types." I shrugged. "Sorry about that. We were just playing around. We do it all the time. I was waiting for the mailman and your surprise and didn't want to help her put the stuff in the house. She was trying to put me in my place again. We're a very loving family, but not that loving. Oh, fair warning, we're all huggers though. We'd better go down and not make them look for us." I warned her as I pulled her off the bed.

"This is a bit much." She sighed as I kissed her. Once again, it was her who took the kiss deeper.

"Come on sweetie, time to meet the masses." I pulled behind me. "We can sleep in a bit, as Ryan and Bryan fight over the grill." I led her to the backyard. "I hope you have a suit. I don't think any of ours will fit." I smiled as I walked her close to the edge of the pool. We almost went swimming as the ankle biters came running around the bend at a dead run.

"No running boys." My mom called out, trying to get them to listen. "Hi, the drinks are in the cooler and make yourself at home." She smiled at Elspeth. "Does she have a suit?" She asked me.

"I don't know. Bryan got us before we could say boo. Where did you park the car?" I asked as I hugged her from behind.

"Behind Karney's, next to the garage. I hope she won't need it for anything. It's already blocked in." My mom hugged my arms and reached out a hand to Elspeth. "Go get her stuff while I talk to her a bit."

"Oaky, don't let her get away though, if my idiot brothers start drooling over her." I kissed Elspeth and headed to the side of the house.

"I know this is a lot to handle." She reassured Elspeth. "Amy told me a bit about your parents. We allow no judgments here, but you can stay outside or hide in the house if it gets too much for you. I know you've made my daughter very happy. We can get to know each other better later."

"Thank you... I see where Amy gets her looks. Um, can I ask you a question?" Elspeth blushed.

"Sure anything...." Stella wondered what she might ask.

"What was it like for you when you realized you were in love with another woman?" She couldn't turn redder if she tried.

"It was as natural as breathing. Karney and I were friends long before we became lovers and that helped. If it's right, it will feel right. If it's wrong you'll know it too. Don't rush into anything. Make sure it's right first." I watched my mom hug my lover and smiled. The pieces fit and I knew Elspeth would fit in very nicely with my family.

"Okay, your bag is in our room." I told her as she hugged my mom with a shocked look on her face. "We're going to take a nap. Send one of the heathens up in an hour or so to get us. If nothing else, she has a top and can borrow a pair of shorts until we can get her a suit." I told my mom as she relinquished Elspeth to me.

"Okay, you might lock the door, so no one comes in un-expectantly. The boys have no manners to speak of, and Sheila spoils them rotten." My mom waved to us as we walked away.

Once back in the room, I took her face in my hands. "I love you. I just wanted you to know that." I kissed her. "Come lay with me. I missed you in my arms." I pulled off my bra and shoes to be comfortable.

She blushed as she took her bra off and snuggled next to me. "I love you too. Hold me please." She begged as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Ahh, better...!" I sighed as I felt her mold herself into me. "Rest my love, I've got you now." I kissed her hair.

"And what are you going to do now that you've got me." She asked in a small voice.

"I'm going to kiss you and love you and hug you and call you George." I hugged her close and rocked her to sleep. An hour and a half later, I woke up to the pounding of Trevor and Caleb, fighting over got to wake us up and we had our first argument.

"I'm not wearing that!" She told me embarrassed as she looked at her reflection.

"Why not? It covers everything important." I licked my lips as her nipples showed through the tight top.

"That's why not. I'm not letting my... my... boobies, be on display for everyone to see. What will everyone think?" She tried to pull the top away to give her breasts more room.

"Sweetheart, everyone already knows you have big boobs. I'm sorry but you can't hide them. It's only for today until we can go get you something that fits better. Trust me love, you are going swimming."

"But to have them poking out like that... it's indecent." She wasn't giving an inch.

"Fine, pull out one of the scrub tops and wear it over it." I huffed in frustration. I know I was fighting her upbringing and she had a lot to overcome. So what if she looked a bit silly. I loved her anyway.

It wasn't fifteen minutes later when we had our second argument. This one was in low voices after Ryan in his exuberance, knocked us right into the pool. Well you know what pool water does to cotton. Honestly I was trying to pull the top away from her skin. It wasn't my fault that her big boobs ended up cupped in my hands. Honest.

"Don't do that." She hissed at me. "Everyone's looking... that's for private." She swatted my hands away.

"Yeah and that top is now see through." Then I made the mistake of kissing her in front of my family.

"Please Amy, not in public." She scolded me and blushed.

"I'll go get you a towel." I sighed and gave up. I really couldn't blame her. I know she had been through a lot. I didn't get the idea that her family was the huggy-kissy kind of people.

She stood there and blushed as I went to get her a towel. Of course Ryan was standing there and just had to open his big mouth.

"Damn sis, she comes with the own personal flotation devices." I know he was joking, but I didn't want Elspeth to hear those kinds of jokes yet.

"If you make her feel uncomfortable, so help me God, Linda won't have to worry about birth control." I made a chopping motion with my hand, "Take it easy on her. Her parents kicked her out because of me." I warned him.