Mina

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LaLaLady
LaLaLady
859 Followers

Bryan groaned again. "How long is this doctor's appointment?"

"It's just an hour, honey."

"I gotta go," Bryan told Mina as he turned to walk back out the door they'd just entered. "We'll talk later."

"I'll be here," Mina said trying to keep her voice light so as not to alert Linda that there was anything going on.

"What's going on with the two of you?" Linda said as she cleaned up the Cheerios from Layla's high chair.

Damn. "Nothing," Mina said quickly, her voice high-pitched and squeaky.

Linda rolled her eyes. "You're not one of my kids," she said as she grabbed a sponge. "You don't have to lie to me."

Damn. "I think Bryan's upset that I'm valedictorian."

Linda stopped cleaning and gave her a hug. "Honey, that's wonderful."

"That's what I thought," Mina said with a sigh.

"Listen, Bryan's just feeling like an ass because he slacked off so much and has to finish school over the summer. He's not as into school as you."

"I know," Mina said picking up Layla and giving her a hug. "I don't care that he's not that into school. I know he doesn't want to go to college, but why should we break up because I do want to go to college?"

Linda dropped the sponge into the sink and sighed. She turned to look at Mina and gave her a tired smile. Mina noticed how old she looked at that moment. She had slight crows feet and tiny dark circles under her crystal blue eyes. Her laugh lines etched into her forehead and cheeks as she frowned. "Listen to me, honey."

Mina nodded.

"I know that Bryan cares a lot about you, but do you have any idea how many high school sweethearts actually make it?"

Mina shook her head.

"It would make me so happy if my son came to his senses and finished school and went to college, but that's not who he is but it is who you are. I am so proud of you for being first in your class and having your pick of any college you want but I know that the difference between you two will have a serious affect on your relationship."

Mina ducked her head to hide the tears she felt building.

"Just don't let him be a dick and break your heart," Linda said taking Layla from her. "Then, I'll have to kick his ass."

***

Mina got out of her mother's silver Lexus and hurried up the driveway to Bryan's house, her blue robes billowing behind her. It wasn't that her mother was a bitch; she just didn't have any interest in meeting Bryan's family face-to-face. Diana Jordan knew that this boy would be out of her life as soon as Mina left for Harvard or Yale. There was really no need in her having to be cordial to his parents after that. Therefore, it was better that she had no idea what the hell they even looked like. Well, maybe it was that she was a bitch.

Linda opened the kitchen door when Mina knocked.

"I just wanted to give you your tickets to graduation," Mina said handing her a plain white envelope.

Linda accepted it and smiled. Why couldn't her actual daughter-in-law be as sweet as this one? "Thanks honey. You know Bryan's playing sick right?"

Mina nodded. "I didn't think he'd be there, I'll just tell my mom he's sick and that's why he won't be walking tonight."

Linda nodded. "You look like you actually are sick." She placed the back of her hand on the young girl's clammy forehead.

"I'm just tired," Mina said with a shrug, "and nervous about this whole speech thing. I was puking my guts up this morning."

Linda frowned.

"Don't worry," Mina said quickly, "my stomach is better now."

Linda's frown deepened.

"What's wrong?" Mina asked.

Linda decided against saying what was on her mind. "You left your honor cords in the living room yesterday. I'll get them for you."

***

Mina had never been so scared in her life. The slight case of nerves she'd had before giving her Valedictorian speech, which had received a standing ovation, didn't compare to this torture.

Linda had handed her the box as soon as she and Bryan had come in from the garage that afternoon. They'd just returned from getting him signed up for summer school when his mother presented them with a pregnancy test.

"Oh my God, ma!" Bryan snapped. "What the hell?"

"Just take it," Linda had sighed.

"I swear to you, Linda, we use condoms every time." Mina felt shame rising in her throat.

Linda just shook her head. She looked more pale than usual as her eyebrows drew together in concern. "Nothing is a hundred percent, Mina, just take the test."

"Fine," Mina said with a shrug. "If it'll make you feel better."

Now, Mina was the one concerned. She sat on the side of the tub holding the pregnancy test and staring at it so intently that she nearly jumped out of her skin when the timer dinged.

Bryan paced the hall in front of the bathroom door. He was so pissed at his mother, they'd promised her they were being safe, and here she was forcing his girlfriend to take a pregnancy test. How could she be so untrusting? He wasn't his brother. Logan was the fuck up. Logan was the one who couldn't keep it in his pants. Bryan and Mina had been dating for months before they did anything even remotely sexual. He'd waited for her. He'd respected her and he'd used protection every time.

He stopped pacing when the bathroom door creaked open. Mina leaned against the door jam staring at the white stick in her trembling hand. "It's blue," she said, her voice cracking. "It's blue!" she said louder.

Bryan blinked. He didn't know what that meant. What the hell did blue mean?

"LINDA!" Mina shrieked. "IT'S BLUE!"

"SHIT!" Linda screamed from the kitchen.

Bryan's heart sank. His mother's reaction left no question. They were in deep shit.

LaLaLady
LaLaLady
859 Followers
12