All Comments on 'Mindless Zombies of the Man'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
diagreeing to agree

T_N, I gotta agree with your essay for the most part. However, I do disagree with the assumptions and presumptions of your conclusion.

In my opinion, humans have very little free will. Many of the stories on this site confuse acquiescence to violence with consent.

People pretend that their body is their mind. They fail to grasp that the horse is not the rider and the car is not the driver.

The common delusion is that we are Homo Sapient. When in all honesty, we are all actually Homo Anthropophagus.

An excerpt from one of my stories: "...why are children required every morning at the beginning of the school day to recite the Pledge of Allegiance?

Of course the 'required' answer is to ingrain loyalty into them as an autonomic response by insistent repetition.

That works reasonably well I guess. It brings up the question of how much Free Will do we really have or are permitted?..."

Which brings us back to your essay and how can we honestly answer these questions? As Robert Heinlein wrote: "...The worst lies a man will tell, are the lies he tells to himself."...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
bravo and even if not

I have to say, I just read the first few lines of your writing, and I want so much to shake your hand (or even give you a hug) for daring to write something actually serius and deep about mind control. In this I see a reflection (or a proof) of the creative power of the human spirit.

...even within all this junk, which I too, yes I know so what, read many times.

What is the common characteristic of people who read stories about the enslavement of others and fantasize about them, all the while accepting their logic? Its the actual enslavement of their very own spirits. Its the curbing of their own will-power. Yes my friends we can only inflict this to ourselves. Because love is about appreciation of others and connecting with them - but how can there even be people to be connected without their most basic independense and freedom? That is a given. So in playing this game of ignoring it, we also forfeit the larger game of overcoming the difficulties that life presents... we forfeit life and life-force itself and can that really be just a game? I AM NOT judging. I AM thinking and preaching openly.

I got carried away, I'm sorry. This is a discussion so big, it encompasses everything. It is also most relevant to the philosophical and societal problems of today, which may be why so many read these stories (you better believe it, after all you all most definitely believe in the power of the mind). But THE POINT IS... that to think about what you are and what drives you, and to do it FREELY, is simoultaneously a proof and a force of the creative power within, the power of life. It is also beautiful that the writer does this IN THIS WEBSITE, among people jerking off. SO THIS IS WHY I SALUTE YOU Tara_Neale! You honestly have my admiration, respect and sympathy

...despite the fact that I did not even read the rest of your writing yet! But it doesnt matter... truly. Even if I do not relate, like or agree with what you write, I agree with the context in which you choose to stand.

PS: Don't worry I'll read it right now, I promise. Hey, its practically my obligation after all this

J.P.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yeah...

This isn't insightful. It's mostly boring. It left me with a 'meh' feeling.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...