Mollie from Montana Ch. 07-11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's his day Mr Proctor. His strategy worked brilliantly. The di Prima's had thought their attempts to lie their way out of filing false statements had succeeded and they were safely in the clear. You are a very wealthy man by all accounts Mr Proctor and I knew all you really wanted was that apology. Gary and I agreed the liar should be made to feel he'd lost heavily I believe we all read the suppressed fury in his eyes when he forced out that apology."

Charlie chuckled and patted Mollie on the shoulder, saying well said. "Come for a celebratory drink in the bar you two," he said taking his wife's arm. "Alice and I fly out on our first leg to Paris tonight otherwise we would have asked you out to dinner."

In the bar Gary excused himself briefly to phone through the settlement details to Stanley and when he and Mollie returned to their office everyone in the department bunched around Gary to congratulate him.

Paul Rose made a surprising announcement. "We all with one exception reckoned you'd have to settle for between $175,000 to $230,000. Odd man out was Stanley who thought you were hungry enough to eke out $280,000. You topped that pal, well done."

Fifteen minutes later Stephen arrived to congratulate them both.

"I did nothing, this was Gary's day," Mollie insisted.

"You gave us this opportunity by tracking down that video witness," Stephen said to Mollie, as he stepped in to hug Gary and slap him on the back. "Without that our client would have been the defendant because di Prima was claiming he lost control when his vehicle was side-swiped when in his lane."

"Thanks dad, and it's true Mollie refused to participate in today's negotiations. She just accompanied me as back-up. By the way, what settlement did you figure I would get?"

"Two hundred and seventy-five grand tops. That's why I'm down here to congratulate you."

As Stephen departed Paul Rose entered the glassed-in cubicle. "Hi guys, I just called Renée to report on your progress. She said she enjoyed meeting you Mollie at the dinner recently and has invited you to dinner tonight if you two are free. Are you?"

Mollie looked at Gary and he nodded. She said, "Thank you Paul, we accept. Tell me, you said Renée enjoyed meeting me. Does that mean she doesn't enjoy meeting Gary?"

Paul grinned and said Mollie was too sharp to be an attorney. "Renée has met Gary many times and we've had him to dinner a few times. She met you for the first time only three weeks ago."

"Oh, I see."

"Do you think she wants to poison you guys to give me an uncontested run to gain associate status?"

"No," Mollie said calmly. "The review committee if it's doing its assessment properly would view candidates individually and then view the field collectively in the final assessment to choose the top candidates. Their present location within the firm would be of no consequence because attorney's migrate within to firm to widen their experience."

Paul looked at Mollie impressed but made no comment. "Tonight at 7:30 for drinks?"

Gary nodded and Mollie said, "How sweet. Please tell Renée we are delighted to accept."

When Paul left Gary asked if his grandmother had been talking to Mollie about the system of appointing associates.

"No, what I said was how I thought professionals would conduct such a selection: they would review the pack against performance and depth of experience records, reduce it to finalists and then attempt to rate them in order and then cream off the required number from the top. That's logical isn't it since there is no written test or a series of individual interviews?"

"Yes, quite. Good thinking."

"Gary, just a nod to accept a dinner invitation is a little ungracious, don't you think?"

"Oh yeah. You've been at me about that before."

"Gary!"

"Yes, you are quite right and have attempted more than once to sharpen up my act in socialization. I've let you down."

"I would prefer you saying you've let yourself down Gary but I am mindful that Rome wasn't build in a day."

Gary grinned: "Quite."

Dinner was French banquet-style and delicious, although a little over-powering for the guests. Renée spent much of her early life in France and her mother had grafted that country's regional styles of cooking on to her. When they settled down for coffee Renée asked, "Who do you think will attain associate status Mollie?"

"I haven't a clue Renée. Some of the attorneys are little more than faces to me. Why do you ask?"

"Um, well, Paul mentioned he thinks you are a hot favorite."

"Me? He's pulling your tit, oh I mean leg," Mollie said, coloring deeply. "Sorry about that."

The others doubled up in laughter and would have been mindful that Renée was rather over-endowed on the chest.

"Paul?" Renée said, wiping away laughter tears.

"That was a comment not meant for broadcasting," Paul said. "In your total performance you shine like a lighthouse Mollie. That's a tribute, not jealous condemnation."

"Me? I've only been at the firm five minutes."

"We would have to assume the panel have high regard for potential as well as current performance levels," Paul said. "What do you think Gary?"

"I think your lighthouse analogy hits the button. Our woman from Montana has through sheer performance has blasted away any prejudices about being young, being from Montana and being female. She stacks up against front-runners on inescapable merit."

"Inescapable merit?" Renée said. "Wow."

"Don't listen to them Renée. I'm being teased."

Paul and Gary denied that, leaving Renée quite confused.

"Do you have children?" Mollie asked Renée. "I did notice pictures of your two with an infant."

"Yes, Katrina. She's eighteen months and asleep. Would you like to see her?"

"Yes may I?"

They left and the men began talking about a new film touted as being the next blockbuster that was about to open.

"You weren't being teased," Gary said as he drove home. "It was interesting hearing what Paul said. I was aware he'd gained respect for you but had no idea it had risen in his head that you were his biggest threat."

"Well, you can tell him to relax," Mollie practically shouted. "If associate status is miraculously offered to me I shall refuse. There's no way will I stand in your way. How many are likely to be granted?"

"Two, perhaps three."

"Well then, that's it. I'm out of contention and if it's offered I'll refuse. May we speak about something else; this is boring."

They drove home in silence until entering the underground parking lot. "Mom has asked me to say something to you gently, that no way am I to upset you by broaching the subject. She thinks it will go down better if I put it to you. If this a good time?"

"Yes of course," Molly said.

"Mom wants your cooperation. She wants to take you to Montana to attempt a reconciliation between you and remaining members of your family."

Gary heard the air empty from Mollie's lungs. She then remained silent. Gary parked and gave her a little more time before saying, "Mollie?"

She spoke very flatly for her. "Very well, I don't mind her trying and will cooperate fully. But she's not to go overboard on this. Do you mind if I go up for a swim alone? I have some thinking to do."

"No, not at all. Good thinking."

* * *

Next day Elaine called Mollie and arranged to meet for lunch. Elaine, wearing a multi-red sundress, watched Mollie in a black suit with the skirt length impossible high for an attorney, but then Mollie was Mollie. They kissed chastely and sat.

"It is lovely seeing you again, I've missed you. For that reason I wish Gary was still living at home but then I guess from your point of view the opposite applies because your sex life is on the up?"

"Oh you are not being neglected Elaine and yes you are very correct about my sex life. It is up very often."

They laughed easily and then Elaine said, "I have a secret to share. Promotion for you is imminent."

Mollie eyed the informer of that news. "How many candidates are there?"

"Six as I understand, for two slots."

"Are Gary and Paul Rose candidates?"

Elaine asked, "Can I trust you not to divulge?"

"You trusted me enough to probe your tongue into my mouth recently."

Elaine blushed, smiled and whispered, "Bitch!"

They waited as the Chablis was poured. Elaine said, Paul Rose is, Gary isn't."

Mollie said, "Elaine I trust you to do this for me. I want you to use your influence to have my name removed and substituted with Gary's -- my name removed, not anyone else's name. Do you understand? What I'm saying is I firmly believe Gary is ready and will flourish."

"Is that the truth?"

"For God's sake Elaine, don't you trust me?"

"Ohmigod, Gary's ready. So soon, how can this be?"

Mollie grinned. "I could say because being with me he's learned how to fuck properly and that's emphasized his manhood, but that's only part of the story. The primary reason is being removed from you lot. You haven't seen much of us because every time he's suggesting going to see you lot I have successfully diverted him. However, I believe the weaning is complete. He's ready to be exposed to the family again and I'm confident he won't be unduly influenced. He's found himself Elaine."

"You make us sound a wicked lot."

"Individually you are fine people but collectively you three had a powerful and may I say not altogether wholesome influence on Gary."

"Oh God."

"Please don't fret. It was unintentional. Gary just had to be taught how to stand up for himself and learn how to compete in a global sense. I've been hard on him but he's worked at it tirelessly because I'd convinced him he could achieve breakthrough."

Elaine patted Mollie's arms and wiped one eye.

Mollie giggled. "I used sex as his reward and he's become awfully good at it. Now that you know that you're probably see just a tiny swagger in his step because he's become switched on about pleasuring a woman."

"But you don't know about that globally. He's only been with you."

"Not true. He's managed to noble my two closest friends Sarah and Margo and Sarah's married sister who is such a slut she goes under the restaurant table to gobble her target. That nympho told Sarah that Gary's about as good as they come, if you excuse the pun."

Elaine laughed and pressed Mollie's arm again, her eyes expressing gratitude. Then she smiled grimly, "The miserable jerk, doing the dirty on you like that. Your three friends."

"Only two friends actually, the sister even looks treacherous. I have no claim for loyalty from Gary and I believe he only wished to experiment to test his belief that he'd also made the breakthrough with women. Sarah and Margo both have been as friendly as possible with him without risking getting up my nose so obviously they were on tap. Sarah's sister would have just helped herself."

"You are so modern but I'm disappointed he's strayed from you."

"Please don't say anything, even hint anything to him about this. My feeling it was temporary and is over. Both Margo and Sarah say it's little wonder I have such a contented expression when I meet them."

"The must be really good friends to speak to you so openly."

"We are friends because we operate with all channels open. They told me because they thought they owed it to me to mention that Gary might not be the loyal guy I thought he was. Both were amazed when I expressed me delight that Gary was emerging from his shell."

Elaine shook her head and said Mollie has such an amazing attitude. "I will present your suggestions to Stephen and mom. Do you mind if I say it's your suggestion?"

"Please do. I want them left in no doubt. I want Gary elevated ahead of me if indeed my elevation was being considered. Gary won't disappoint them, they can be sure of that although his take-off will be slower than perhaps expected. In fact you could make the suggestion that I be transferred to Family Law if there's a vacancy. It's best now that Gary is left to proceed on his own but I'd hope he decides to continue living with me. We have become very attached, although we've made no declarations. There is no hurry about that."

When coffee arrived Mollie asked, "Is my success with Gary connected with your attempt to broker a reconciliation between me and my family?"

"Of course not." Elaine then had a rethink. "Only in that I love you and want to try to help realign your past by helping to eliminate sibling animosity."

"Why."

"Because I feel it's the right thing to do."

"And not because it presents an opportunity to sleep with me while we're away?"

"Of course not, definitely..." Elaine's indignant expression turned into an impish smile. "Now that you raised that matter, I can't say I'm ready to reject the suggestion. Please be nice when answering that."

Mollie decided to say how she felt honestly. "To be truthful when thinking about you and me in that way I wasn't revolted. I did experience same-gender sex at college."

"I did too and have had the occasional encounter since then, although none were anywhere near as satisfying as they were at college."

Mollie asked had Elaine played around with guys.

"This is how much I trust you Mollie. Mike Olsen who is in charge of Corporate and I are occasional lovers. I was at college with his oldest sister."

"Wow, taking on someone working in King & King. That's a little dangerous."

"So be it. Well then, is there a possibility of you and me trying it out?"

"If it wasn't for Gary perhaps I could have said yes. But the answer is no and my no won't change."

Elaine sighed. "Well he's cheated on you."

Mollie grinned and told Elaine to stop being naughty.

Three weeks later at the Friday morning attorney's meeting Stephen announced that Gary King and Paul Rose had been promoted to associate status. Gary had told Mollie a couple of days earlier after returning from the top floor that he had accepted the offer.

Gary looked at Mollie as he kissed her, feeling her excitement. "This is because of you."

"And you," she murmured. "If you hadn't committed to me totally I would have failed in my mission."

Gary said he was happy to concede that.

On Thursday the next week Mollie and Elaine flew to Montana, landing at Billings, the agreed meeting place suggested by Mollie's brothers and sisters who were now scattered about the state. As they arrived at the hotel Elaine asked, "Did you book two rooms or a double room."

"A two bedroom suite actually but I'm prepared to sleep with you if that's what you want and to cuddle, but nothing more than that."

Elaine sounded a little panicky. "Mollie, I don't want you feeling you are under pressure."

"I'm not. Just make sure it doesn't stuff up my relationship with you and your family, right."

"Right," Elaine sighed deeply. "I promise."

Chapter 10

As the bellboy smiled at the size of the tip Mollie handed him and closed the door behind him, Mollie turned and looked at Elaine who appeared a little unhappy. "Come, you should look pleased you're not going to be fucked by another woman."

Elaine turned crimson and said weakly, "Mollie, that's absolutely disgusting."

They went down for breakfast next morning looking more like mother and daughter than age-mismatched lovers.

As they entered the restaurant someone screeched, "Mollie."

"That's my younger sister Shirley, mother of two. She's the nicer one. Po-faced Megan has four little sweethearts."

"Ah, Megan is dark and plump while Shirley is blonde and looks not unlike you."

"Does she. I always though she looks like a sexy slut."

Elaine smiled and said that's what she meant and received an elbow in her ribs, applied quite sharply.

"Jesus!" Elaine snorted.

"Don't be bothered by Elaine, she is somewhat religious," Mollie said airily, greeting her two sisters who looked anything but convinced. The introductions were made and Megan said the two brothers were due at 10:00. It was agreed they should sit around the pool with drinks in the meantime.

Elaine watched Brian and Clem walking towards them. Mollie had told her Clem the younger brother looked like a gangster. As she was introduced to Brian they shook hands and Elaine felt his thumb bend inwards and tickle her palm as he stared at her breasts. She thought there was little doubt he'd be under her panties if she gave him the slightest encouragement. As for shifty-eyed Clem she thought what a grease-ball who probably was a danger to younger guys. It seemed the boys and Megan must have taken after their father while Shirley would have fitted between both parents. For Mollie to have soared above mediocrity like she had in looks, intelligence, drive and fortitude, she must have been substantially been like her mother or had thrown-back to her grandparents.

Elaine beckoned over a waiter and asked everyone to name their preference. The waiter returned with two bottles of white wine in coolers and a dozen bottles of beer surrounded by icy water in an insulated covered bin on the trolley.

"This is classy," Brian said. "It's the hottest day we've had so far this summer. Tell me Elaine what is the real reason you contacted us about a family reconciliation as you called it? When Mollie ran off it was just fine with us."

"It's simple Brian. I could see Mollie wasn't happy about it. I have befriended her and she has performed magnificently in tutoring my son to learn how to live in the real world."

"What, by taking him to bed," Brian leered.

"Or was he spastic," Clem laughed.

Megan chipped in. "Shut up you two. Elaine is a very nice lady. I reckon she believes Mollie and her son will marry."

"Is that right Mollie?" Clem asked.

Mollie shrugged and lifted her glass to her lips.

Clem persisted. "Answer me bitch. You're not out east now."

Megan bent over to her handbag and pulled out a pistol. "It's loaded Clem so don't push your luck. I'll not allow you to mess up this meeting. The only thing you can be assured of is I won't actually kill you if I decide to put a bullet into you. Shirley and I are unhappy Mollie no longer considers herself part of family. And Brian, what say you?"

Brian quickly said, "Put that toy away. You'd need a shotgun at close range to put Clem down. I'm easy about Mollie.

"That's as good as the answer I hoped for Brian. That rather leaves you out on a limb Clem."

"Well, I've always given her a hard time but I've never actually disliked her," Clem confessed.

"Her name is Mollie," Shirley snapped.

"I was talking about my sister Mollie," Clem mumbled.

Mollie stirred and looked directly at Brian. "Well, that leaves me feeling a little better about you Brian. Your bullying was short and sharp, not like Clem that went on and on. He missed out when intelligence was spread around. With you Brian I know it's part of your nature and upbringing and I blame father for that."

"You're damn right. You girls will never know how he treated me before you two came along."

Shirley said, "I was often hit for sticking up for you but the first time Mollie jumped in to your defense we all thought dad had killed her."

Mollie said that was enough of that talk.

Brian looked at the ground. "I've not forgotten that Molly but as you know I'm such a jerk."

Elaine smiled. "Well, it's early days but I think we have made progress here. Tell me, if Mollie should choose to marry my son would you and your families come to the wedding, at my expense of course?"

"What, air fares, hotel and babysitters for the kids?"

"Yes Brian. Return airfares and three nights at the hotel."

The family including Mollie looked at Elaine in astonishment. Shirley looked at Mollie and said, "You didn't know anything about this did you Molls?"

Mollie, who hadn't been called that name in years, looked at Shirley and shook her head.

"Ohmigod, talking head Molls is all choked up," Megan said in awe. "It's rare indeed to see her like this."