Montana Summer Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lindsey's voice was hushed. "No, Stan. I'm not giving up on you. Please don't think that. You're special to me, and I care about you. Call me tomorrow and we can talk some more."

Stan sighed. "Okay, Lindsey. You have a good night, and I'll call you tomorrow."

Stan stood there looking at the phone, he wished the call hadn't ended. With a sinking heart, Stan walked upstairs towards his room.

As Becky came out of the bathroom, she grinned and winked at Stan. "Hey big brother."

Stan looked at his sister for a moment. "Becky, can I talk to you for a minute? In my room."

Becky could feel that something was wrong. She nodded and followed Stan into his room. "What's up?"

"We can't do what we've been doing anymore." There was sadness in his voice that Becky had never heard before.

"What's going on Stan?" There was concern in Becky's voice.

Stan took a deep breath and sighed. "I fucked up, Becky. Lindsey and I were...and, well, I said your name."

"Oh my God, Stan!" Becky exclaimed. Her eyes opened wide with shock.

Stan hung his head like a whipped dog. "Wait, it just gets worse. I told her about us."

"Stan, I'm so sorry." Becky felt her eyes burning with impending tears. "I never thought...or meant for something like that to happen."

Becky reached over and hugged her brother, wishing she could change things now. She felt guilty now about what had happened. She never thought Lindsey would find out.

---

Ryan was jarred from his slumber by the sound of the steel triangle and by Aunt Suzanne yelling, "Come and get it, breakfast is ready!"

The sky was only graying. The sun hadn't risen yet. The smell of fresh coffee and cooking bacon wafted through the air. The sounds of people waking up broke the silence of the morning.

Jessi looked over at Ryan. "Hey, cowboy, how did you sleep?"

"Good," he replied quietly. Their sleeping bags were next to each other. They had fallen asleep holding hands.

Ryan put his arms above his head and stretched. He was trying to muster up the ambition to climb out of his warm sleeping bag. He watched Jessi moving around in hers. "What are you doing?"

Jessi rolled her eyes at Ryan and then whispered, "Putting my bra on."

Ryan face broke into a mischievous grin. "Can I help?"

Jessi giggled. "No! I'd sooner have you helping take it off."

A warm rush flooded through Ryan's body. "I think I like your idea better than mine."

Bill laughed as he got up to the front of line. Bucky was wearing a white apron as he stood in front of a large grill cooking bacon, and hash browns. "Hey, Bucky, how did they rope you into cookin'?"

Bucky looked up from his work and flashed a big grin. "Your wife told me that there was a special surprise for whoever was in first in line for breakfast this morning." Bucky held up a large metal spatula and waved it at Bill. "And this was my surprise." Bucky's whole body shook as he laughed. "I should have known better."

The sun was just beginning to rise over the horizon as the last cup of coffee was finished. All of the hands gathered around the remnants of the morning fire to plan out the day. They paired up into teams of two once again, and each team was given an area to cover.

Ryan was happy that he had been paired up with Jessi again for the day. He could think of nothing better than spending the day with Jessi riding in the mountains. There was peace and solitude up here. The crisp air felt invigorating, and after a hearty breakfast, he was ready to get on with the day.

---

The sound of his ringing cell phone jarred Hank from his slumber. His voice was groggy with sleep. "Hello."

Hank was trying hard to wake up. The early hour and the fact that he had consumed a considerable amount of cheap scotch last night was interfering with the process. He instinctively reached for a pack of cigarettes and lit one. His throat felt raw from too many cigarettes, and the cheap booze.

The voice on the other end of the phone had an accent that Hank couldn't place. "I heard that you're wanting to meet Tony?"

"Yeah, I am. When can I meet him?"

"Depends on what you want to meet him for."

Hank exhaled a plume of smoke. "Kenny told me to only talk to Tony, and nobody else."

There was a silence at the other end of the phone. From experience Hank new that wherever the caller was that Tony was there with him. He patiently waited. In his mind, he could see Mr. Accent talking to Tony.

"How's noon?" the voice on the phone asked.

Hank nodded as he squinted at the hotel clock. "Noon's great. Where do I go?"

"Someone will pick you up. Where are you staying?"

"In Aurora, just off the freeway at the Super Six Motel," Hank replied.

"Noon." The connection was lost.

Hank set his phone down and looked at the clock and muttered, "Seven fuckin' o'clock. These people don't fuckin' sleep in Denver?"

---

Doc Taylor examined the wound on the patient's shoulder and then stood up. "I'm releasing you. I'll give you prescriptions for antibiotics and a painkiller. You'll need to change the dressing daily, and keep the area of the wound clean. Just wait here and the nurse will be back in with your discharge instructions."

A smile came over Sal's face, but it was a mirthless smile. "Right fucking on!" His voice was only a whisper. Now he just needed to find that kid, and then he could be on his way.

After Sal had been released from the hospital, he walked into the parking lot. He found the SUV that had been left for him. His first piece of business would be to get his prescriptions filled.

He pulled out of the parking lot and headed towards the main street. Sal remembered seeing a drug store.

Sal walked up and down the aisles of the drug store, not really looking at the merchandise. He was waiting for the pharmacist to fill his prescriptions. He watched as an attractive girl wearing a cowboy hat walked in to the drugstore.

"Becky!" The dark haired cashier called out.

Becky turned and smiled. "Hey, Laura, I didn't know you were working here."

Laura nodded. "Yeah. Just until I head off to school. What are you up to?"

"I just have to grab a couple of things, then I'm headed up to where they are having the cattle drive. I'm going to give Jessi's mom a hand, and spend the night."

"Oh!" Laura started to giggle. "Is that hunky cousin of hers going to be up there? Damn, what's his name?"

"Ryan," Becky answered. "And yup, he's up there helping with the roundup.

Laura winked at Becky. "He could round me up anytime. I can't believe he was in a shootout."

Becky's eyes opened wide. "Oh my God! I couldn't believe it either."

Sal's ears perked up. He couldn't believe his luck! The girl had said she was going up there. All he had to do was follow her and she would lead him right to the kid. Sal saw the pharmacist wave at him. He walked over to the counter and picked up his prescriptions.

Becky didn't see the SUV pull out behind her as she left the drugstore and headed out of town.

---

Ryan took his hat off and wiped his brow. This was tougher than he thought it was going to be. While Jessi took care of the cattle they had rounded up, Ryan chased down the solitary animals that resisted. He would get them started to the twenty-some animals that Jessi kept moving towards the camp, when out of the blue they would make a break for it. Then the chase would be on. Bernie would take off faster than a cheap in-law when the dinner check was presented. Once past the running steer, Bernie would turn the animal back in Jessi's direction.

Jessi rode up to where Ryan had stopped. "Thirsty?

Ryan nodded his head as put his hat back on. "Damn straight I am."

Jessi reached back and pulled a bottle of water out of her saddlebag. "Catch!" She grinned as she tossed the bottle at Ryan.

Ryan caught the bottle with a gloved hand and quickly twisted the cap off and began to drink. The cool water tasted almost sweet. He was surprised at how thirsty he had become. "Thanks."

"You're welcome. Well, what do you think of punching cattle now?" Jessi's face was alight with a bright smile.

Ryan laughed and shook his head. "God, they're being pains in the ass, and some of them are downright ornery."

Jessi nodded. "Yeah. That's because they've been up here on their own since spring. They've gotten used to doing what they want, when then want."

Ryan nodded his head as he looked at the cattle, then he turned his gaze back on Jessi. Even in a cowboy hat, western shirt, and chaps she looked good. "Damn you look hot, girl."

Jessi giggled. "Do you think? I don't think I look hot, I think you're just horny."

"Yeah, you're right about me being horny, but you still look hot."

Blushing lightly, Jessi moved her horse close to Ryan, and she leaned over and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. "Flattery will get you everywhere, cowboy."

Ryan chuckled. "I hope so."

Jessi reached over and swatted his butt. "Brat!"

She pulled the map from her shirt pocket and then pointed towards the mountains. "Follow the little draw up to the trees, and then angle back towards me. If you find too many for you to handle by yourself, just leave them, and bring what you can. We'll head back and get the rest after getting this bunch back to the camp."

Ryan nodded. "Okay."

He gave Bernie a little tap with his spur. "C'mon, Bernie, let's get at it."

---

Becky was on her way out of town when she got close to where Lindsey lived. A pang of guilt coursed through her body as she thought of Lindsey. On the spur of the moment, she pulled her car over to the curb and looked at the door of Lindsey's house.

"Fuck!" Sal cursed. The girl had suddenly pulled over. Had she spotted him? It was too late to pull in behind her, he was already right up on her. He watched as the girl got out of the car. He felt a small bit of relief when she didn't even glance in his direction as he passed by. Maybe she hadn't spotted him after all. Sal pulled over in the next block, where he had a good view of her car in his rear view mirror.

After ringing the doorbell Becky could feel her heart pounding. She didn't know if there was anything that she could say to Lindsey to help patch up things between Stan and her, but she felt like it was least she could do. It had been her that had seduced Stan on the first two occasions.

Lindsey opened the door and looked at Becky. "Becky?" There was no warmth in the greeting. Normally Lindsey would give Becky a warm smile and a friendly hug.

Becky could feel the tension between them. "Can I talk to you, Lindsey? It's important."

Lindsey just nodded and opened the door wide and stepping aside to let Becky in. She motioned Becky to follow her into the living room. "Sit wherever you want."

Becky took a deep breath. "Stan doesn't know I'm here. He told me what happened. I was heading up to help Jessi's mom. I saw your car, and at the last second I decided to stop."

She looked at Lindsey directly, and for the first time she could see the signs of hurt on Lindsey's face. Her eyes looked puffy from crying, and there were dark circles under her eyes that betrayed Lindsey's lack of sleep.

"I'm sorry, Lindsey." Becky hung her head and focused on a piece of dust on the coffee table. "This is all my fault. I shouldn't have done what I did. "

Lindsey stared at Beck and shook her head back and forth. "No, it's not just your fault, Becky. Stan could've said no. And he should've said no, but he didn't."

"But I..." Becky could feel her tears welling up in her eyes, part of it was guilt, and part was shame. She tried again to find the words. "I was the one that started it. I shouldn't have done what I did, it was wrong. I know it now, and..." Becky paused for a moment. "I knew it then. I didn't think of you Lindsey, and I'm sorry. I wish I could go back and change everything."

Summoning her courage, Becky looked at Lindsey and was a little surprised to see tears streaming down Lindsey's face. That opened the floodgates in Becky's eyes. The tears that had been building started flowing as Becky began to cry too.

Lindsey got up from her chair and sat down beside Becky and hugged her. "Thank you for coming over here. It's just going to take me a little time. I just don't understand why you and Stan did what you did."

Wiping the tears from her eyes, Becky looked at Lindsey. "I don't either. Since Stan told me last night, I have been trying to come up with an answer that makes a little sense. I just..." Becky closed her eyes and shook her head.

"Do you plan on having sex with your brother again?"

The question pierced Becky's heart like a knife. Lindsey hadn't said Stan's name. Your brother, those two words rang in her ears, echoing in her head, making it the whole situation seem even tawdrier.

Deep down Becky could appreciate how Lindsey must be feeling.

In a slow and deliberate manner, Becky shook her head, her voice was quiet, as she answered, "No, Lindsey, no, I don't."

"Thank you Becky. I'm glad you decided to stop and see me." Lindsey's voice had a little of the icy tone that it had when Becky had first arrived.

Becky got up from the sofa. "Well, I should be going."

Lindsey nodded. "Yeah, and I have to get ready for work." Lindsey walked with Becky to the door. "Again, thanks for stopping in. Anytime you want to stop by, please do."

"Thanks, Lindsey." Becky gave Lindsey a warm hug before heading back to her car.

---

Kenny had just gotten back into the hotel room when his cell phone began to ring. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Hank. "Yeah," he answered gruffly.

"It's me, Hank."

"I know. What's up?"

"I'm meetin' Tony at noon."

"Good."

"Couldn't we have just called Tony and done this over the phone?" Hank asked.

"No, well, maybe, but, Tony is old school. He wants to meet people face to face. The important thing to remember is Tony is going to want to know why. And you don't know a fuckin' thing. Got it?"

"Yeah, I got it." Hank answered.

"If Tony needs to know anything, you tell that old motherfucker to call me."

"Okay. I'll call you back after I meet with him."

"Good." Kenny sat the phone down and smiled at Stella.

"Hank?" she asked.

Kenny nodded. "Yeah?"

Stella smiled and patted the empty space in the bed beside her. "Why don't you get back into bed?"

Kenny grinned, remembering the hot sex that had ensued after she had given him the blowjob last night.

"What did you have in mind?"

Stella purred seductively, "Well, I don't know, but I'm sure something will pop up."

Kenny laughed as he removed his clothing, his cock already beginning to swell with enthusiasm.

---

Sal watched the girl get back into her car. He started his SUV, and when she was moving, he put the transmission in drive and signaled that he was pulling out. He watched her eyes in the mirror as she passed, but she didn't even glance in his direction. It was obvious to Sal that she hadn't even noticed his presence.

As they left town, Sal allowed himself to fall back, following about a quarter of a mile behind. They traveled up a series of back roads that steadily climbed in elevation. Sal spotted the camp before Becky had even signaled to turn in.

Sal stopped his vehicle, and waited for her to turn in. He waited for a few minutes and then slowly began moving again. He passed the place where Becky had turned in and continued a few hundred yards up the road until he found a spot where he could conceal his vehicle.

From his place of concealment, Sal studied the camp. There was hardly anyone around at the moment. He walked back to his vehicle and opened the back. He retrieved a small tool kit and then got busy removing one of the read door interior panels. Sal was confident that the local Sheriff's department would not have done a real thorough search of the vehicle.

He smiled as the door panel came off. It was there. He reached his hand in and retrieved several packages that were wrapped in black plastic. After the door panel was replaced, he sat down on the rear of the vehicle and began to unwrap the packages.

Sal loved the feeling of the gun in his hand. It had a calming effect on him. He smiled at the .45 caliber automatic pistol. This was going to get him the revenge he desired. The other packages contained several boxes of ammunition, and spare magazines for the automatic. The final package contained a cleaning kit for firearms.

As he disassembled the weapon, Sal smiled. While some men enjoyed a woman, Sal enjoyed guns. It was almost an act of love as he meticulously cleaned the weapon. With an experienced eye, he painstakingly cleaned, checked, lubricated, and rechecked each piece and part of the weapon. There was almost a sense of disappointment when he finished reassembling the automatic. He pulled the slide back, enjoying the sound of lubricated steel on lubricated steel. There was a metallic click as he dry fired the weapon several times.

He turned his attention to the magazines and began to load them. He would inspect each cartridge, and wipe it with a clean rag before slipping the round into the magazine. Armed with his weapon and a pair of binoculars, Sal set out to find the perfect spot. He found a dense thicket that was midway between the camp and where the cattle were being held.

Sal sat down and waited. If there was one attribute that Sal had, it was patience. No boredom set in. His mind was continually evaluating the camp, and his plan. He was ready to exact his revenge on the young cowboy that had shot him.

---

Hank sat down at the table across from the older looking man. His pure white hair was slicked straight back. His glacial blue eyes seemed to pierce straight through Hank's hell bound soul. To say that he was nervous at this point in time was a gross understatement. Hank had been nervous since the two well-dressed men had picked him up in the black Lincoln limo. Not a word had been exchanged between Hank and the two men riding in the front seat on the entire drive from Hank's hotel to their destination.

They had pulled up in an alley and had taken Hank in through the back door that led into a kitchen. The two men directed Hank to a private room in the back of a restaurant to the table where the man with the white hair sat.

"I'm Tony." There was an accent to his voice. Hank would have guessed Italian, but he would have been wrong. It was Sicilian. The voice was soft, and low, and Hank knew about voices like this. They were not voices to take be taken lightly, or to be trifled with.

Hank nodded. "I'm Hank. Kenny McGuire sent me."

Tony nodded. "And how is my old friend?"

Hank was taken by surprise at the reference to Kenny and Tony being friends. "When he put me on the plane yesterday he looked good."

"Are you hungry?" Tony's manners, like his dress, were impeccable.

"Well, uh..." Hank began to answer.

"Then it's settled. You will have lunch with me." Tony then directed his attention to the open door and called, "Vincenzo!"

One of the two men that had brought Hank entered the small room. "Yes?"

"Bring my guest a plate of food for lunch." Tony's ordered.

Looking back at Hank he asked, "Now what can I do for my old friend Kenny?"

Hank cleared his throat. "Kenny is looking for a geologist that can keep his mouth shut. And Kenny said that he should know something about mining."

Tony shrugged his shoulders. "And what does Kenny need with a geologist?"

"I don't know." Hank lied and held his breath momentarily.

"And why doesn't Kenny just put an ad in the paper? Wouldn't that be the easiest way to find such a man?"

'Fuck!' Hank thought to himself. 'Why the fuck didn't Kenny come himself?'

Shrugging his shoulder Hank answered, "I don't know." To be quite honest, Hank didn't know.

Tony leaned forward. "And what is Kenny looking for?"